nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Mario Tennis, nice. I really wish they would make another Mario Strikers though. Stop that Fifa on Switch nonsense and bring Strikers back.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Sgt_Crow: Wow, a remastered old game merely to test the waters. Won't sell.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Like all the other third party games that haven't been selling? Stay hydrated with all that salt dude.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Some good stuff in there. I'm definitely down for Dark Souls on Switch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

Hyrule Warriors on Switch sounds great, wasn't looking forward to the Fire Emblem Warriors thing one bit so the Hyrule Warriors news is welcome.

It ended with Dark Souls Remastered, not sure how I feel, can still play original on my Xbox One for now and that might be enough, though playing it on Switch is tempting.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I don't watch boring Directs , lmao. Can we just get a summary?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

New SNK fighting game looks like a blast. Yuri is my jam.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

All these remasters and no Captain Toad? Shameful.

Looks like Switch owners have a lot coming. If you skipped out on the Wii U era, especially so. Dark Souls Remastered (though I'll probably pick this up on PS4), Ys VIII, TWEWY, and Donkey Kong stood out. Hyrule Warriors was entertaining enough for a second go, but I'll only pick that up at a steep discount.

Super Mario Odyssey's new mode seems fun. Not sure if I'll get much use out of it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Nintendo should really switch it up and get some new games on their system.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Mario Tennis Aces with story mode! Kirby March release date. Dark Souls on Switch...oh man...this truly is a golden age for Nintendo. (Let's not forget Bayonetta 3 already announced last year.)

And we haven't hit E3 yet.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

It's a day-and-date port (other versions will be announced soon). That's not a test; that's releasing what you have. Bamco is definitely convinced by now.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/01/11/kotaku-also-says-dark-souls-2-and-3-will-eventually-come-to-nintendo-switch/ I'd also like to share this. Dunno if Kotaku is credible but news is news

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

Excellent Nintendo direct. There’s a lot of great stuff that I’m looking forward to picking up for the system in there. Dark Souls remaster for the Switch is also a great announcement for the system. This bodes extremely well for the Switch.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Tropical Freeze coming to switch has made my morning. I'll gladly commit another 100 hours to that game.

That's the #1 game I wanted ported from Wii U. Now all I need is for Returns to return.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It actually happened...and it was actually good.

They burned Chibi Robo so he could be the Ash of the Dark Souls Remaster trailer.

@Random_Matt

Dark Souls Remastered isn't a "Test the Waters" Capcom game like Ultra Street Fighter 2. That game is also showing up on PS4 and Xbox One.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Dark Souls / Darkest Dungeon / Donkey Kong TF all day

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Hyrule Warriors Switch! YES!!!!

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

I was pretty certain my Switch would collect dust for a long time. Now I know it for a fact.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

SNK HEROINES look gud.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@nethernova said:

Mario Tennis, nice. I really wish they would make another Mario Strikers though. Stop that Fifa on Switch nonsense and bring Strikers back.

me too, strikers was awesome

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

@metalboi said:

Several games in the direct are very significant:

• Dark Souls - A game like this would never be on Wii U
  • TWEWY - Shows that DS and 3DS devs are supporting the system
  • Ys VIII - Famicom hasn't had a good relationship with Nintendo in the past, and are well known to be Playstation fanboys. Releasing this game on Switch is a big deal

Plus with games from Bethesda and Rockstar, Switch is getting third party support that is unprecidented since SNES days.

Yup... Nintendo 3rd party support is undeniable at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

SNK HEROINES look gud.

I'm all for that game. :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

I never got the chance to play "The World Ends With You" and never played the original, was one of the DS games I most regretted missing. Pretty happy about the port, so here's my chance to make up for that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

Never got around to getting The World Ends With You before but I really wanted to. Seeing a Switch version is great to hear for me. Will definitely get that.

Loved Pokken Tournament, Hyrule Warriors, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze so I’ll definitely double dip and get those on the Switch as well.

I enjoy Kirby and Mario Tennis so will probably get those as well.

Never played an Y’s game before but I am interested in Y’s VIII so I may get that.

Would have preferred a straight up SNK fighter but I may get Heroines, will wait and see more on it.

The free dlc update to Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty cool.

Really looking forward to giving the Dragon Quest Builders demo a go. I love me some Dragon Quest goodness.

Very solid Nintendo direct.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Tropical Freeze coming to switch has made my morning. I'll gladly commit another 100 hours to that game.

That's the #1 game I wanted ported from Wii U. Now all I need is for Returns to return.

Imo Tropical Freeze is maybe the best 2D platformer ever. (Or at least of the past 3 gens.)

If someone has a Switch and missed out on it, buy itu! You won't regret it, if only to listen to the music!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

I don't watch boring Directs , lmao. Can we just get a summary?

Dark Souls in May, ports of The World Ends with You, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Hyrule Warriors all this year, Kirby Star Allies in March, a new Mario Tennis this year, Payday 2 in Feb

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I enjoyed that Nintendo Direct Mini more than Nintendo's E3 Direct last year.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Mario Tennis Aces with story mode! Kirby March release date. Dark Souls on Switch...oh man...this truly is a golden age for Nintendo. (Let's not forget Bayonetta 3 already announced last year.)

Golden Age? Hahaha. The last Mario Tennis was a 58% metacritic. Dark Souls is a 2011 game.

I think the best announce from this is probably the Tropical Freeze port, just because so few people probably bothered on Wii-U compared to how a DK game would normally sell. Now it should give a few million more the opportunity to play it.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'll rebuy a lot of games it seems. TWEWY is one of the best DS games and Tropical Freeze one of the best 2D Platformers. They are must-haves.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Golden Age? Hahaha. The last Mario Tennis was a 58% metacritic. Dark Souls is a 2011 game.

I think the best announce from this is probably the Tropical Freeze port, just because so few people probably bothered on Wii-U compared to how a DK game would normally sell. Now it should give a few million more the opportunity to play it.

This Mario tennis seems to have fixed all those mistakes. Story mode for the win.

Dark Souls remastered is something everyone is excited about. Don't even try to play that one down.

BOTW and Odyssey already set the golden age into motion. If you can't see it, with pokemon switch, prime 4, and bayonetta 3 on the way then I can't help you friend.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

This Mario tennis seems to have fixed all those mistakes. Story mode for the win.

Dark Souls remastered is something everyone is excited about. Don't even try to play that one down.

BOTW and Odyssey already set the golden age into motion. If you can't see it, with pokemon switch, prime 4, and bayonetta 3 on the way then I can't help you friend.

Not into pokemon. I've already been there done that with the 1st two Dark Souls. I'm genuinely not even interested in the PS4 remaster. Won't be buying that, probably ever. Hell, I haven't even had time to start Bloodborne yet, even though it's been sitting on my shelf for nearly 2 years. If I'm going to commit to play another souls game, I'd say it would have to be Bloodborne (and this backlog has kept me from even acquiring Nioh).

Prime 4 and Bayonetta should be good, but a few scattered ports and sequels are a far cry from any "golden age" of gaming. If anything, Switch seems to have a drought of interesting games coming up. There's only 1 page of pre-orders on Amazon, I know that isn't a complete accounting of future games, but I'm not even sure Wii-U was ever down to just 1 page.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I suppose a MINI direct means its just getting the remasters, indie, and DLC stuff out of the way so they don't have to focus on them at E3.

I'm interested in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors as I've never played these on a WiiU.

DLC for Mario Odyssey and Mario and Rabbids looks interesting also.

Portal Dark Souls? Sure, why not.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I'm really stoked on The World Ends With You. I never got a chance to play this one on the DS and I always hear it's easily one of the best games on the system. This one looks like they've done a good job translating it to one screen instead of two.

I will buy Dark Souls because I will always love Dark Souls.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Dark Souls Dark Souls Dark Souls!

huzzaaaaaaaaaah!

Ahem

That is all.

I shall see myself out.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Not into pokemon. I've already been there done that with the 1st two Dark Souls. I'm genuinely not even interested in the PS4 remaster. Won't be buying that, probably ever. Hell, I haven't even had time to start Bloodborne yet, even though it's been sitting on my shelf for nearly 2 years. If I'm going to commit to play another souls game, I'd say it would have to be Bloodborne (and this backlog has kept me from even acquiring Nioh).

Prime 4 and Bayonetta should be good, but a few scattered ports and sequels are a far cry from any "golden age" of gaming. If anything, Switch seems to have a drought of interesting games coming up. There's only 1 page of pre-orders on Amazon, I know that isn't a complete accounting of future games, but I'm not even sure Wii-U was ever down to just 1 page.

Get on the right side of history. The Switch is a little beast. It's going to have a terrific 2018.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I don't think I ever finished the world ends with you on DS but I remember it being a pretty good game

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

"Dark Souls remaster is something everyone is excited about" eh about that, they need to put actual effort in to it to get PC players to buy it again

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Hmm lots of ports and DLC but hey it's a mini direct so whatever.

Really really hyped for Celeste!

I bought TWEWY cheap on DS and I remember being stuck. Maybe I'll give it another try....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I'm hoping they bring out some way of tethering the Switch to your arm. It's one thing launching a controller across the room in frustration but I don't want my Switch hitting the wall.

Bronxs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bronxs15
Member since 2017 • 123 Posts

If that’s all we get. A mini direct. How disappointing. No one to blame but myself tho. I never learn. Always get excited for Nintendo and directs only to be let down.

The worse was the first e3 “digital presentation” where I sat thru unimpressive game after unimpressive gave and cling to hope that there’d be a sweet reveal at the end. Only to see that pathetic looking star fox game. And stupid chicken plane robot looking thing.

I was really sour on hem for a few years after that. But recently came back around with the switch and Mario hype.

All that being said. Kirby looks cool and I’ll get tropical freeze again. And sell my Wii u version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

My pants were caked after watching this.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@zassimick said:

All these remasters and no Captain Toad? Shameful.

Looks like Switch owners have a lot coming. If you skipped out on the Wii U era, especially so. Dark Souls Remastered (though I'll probably pick this up on PS4), Ys VIII, TWEWY, and Donkey Kong stood out. Hyrule Warriors was entertaining enough for a second go, but I'll only pick that up at a steep discount.

Super Mario Odyssey's new mode seems fun. Not sure if I'll get much use out of it.

Agreed. I have Captain Toad on my Wii U, and it seems like the perfect game for Switch.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@howmakewood said:

"Dark Souls remaster is something everyone is excited about" eh about that, they need to put actual effort in to it to get PC players to buy it again

What about a Dark Souls PC Port that doesn't require you to mod in DSfix to even play it?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Not something many would pay for considering how fast dsfix is to setup

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

i usually dont buy remasters if i already have the base game. for 1 game on that list i will make an exception.

man im looking forward to it :).

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Thank God, the DS remaster isn't Switch exclusive.

No Demon's Souls sucks tho

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Mario Tennis is a whole new game though, right? I'm most excited about that and Tropical Freeze. Free Mario DLC? Cool :D