My God LittleBigPlanet BETA is boring.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeadSpaceXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeadSpaceXIII
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts
Tutorial after tutorial. When can I create a f'n stage without being stopped by another tutorial? The physics are so slow and boring. Anyway to make Sackboy run faster. I tried co-op with my niece(9) she got bored and had more fun WATCHING me play MGS4 instead of playing LBP. A lot of stuff better be fixed in the final game, otherwise RENTAL. Although props for level creator not being as long as it was made out to be. I made a pretty long stage in a matter of minutes.
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
the gameplay is really slow and sluggish, sure its fun to make a level but playing through it is borrrrring.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
the beta was horrible what i played of it at my friends. Hope the final version is alot better.
DeadSpaceXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeadSpaceXIII
Beta also crashes my PS3 a lot and you can't quit some modes. You'd have to restart the PS3.
dd2005nian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dd2005nian
Member since 2005 • 764 Posts
agree, the beta has 4 stages, one is fun, the other three is boring.
Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
this thread should be getting locked within the next 5 minutes or so...
612DD128-D251-4E2A-D35C-047BF948FD961.02.05
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
trolls?
DeadSpaceXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeadSpaceXIII
trolls?winner-ps3
Far from a PS3 troll buddy. I want let fanboyism prevent me from pointing out flaws in this damned beta that needs to be fixed before October 21st.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
AAAAE, amirite?
efflux02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 efflux02
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

I think some new mechanics should get added down the road... maybe sprinting, like the TC suggested.

Other than that, I can't even fathom why somebody would try to bash this game. The beta alone beats the hell out of most full games that came out this year. Day one purchase, no doubt.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
Glorified map maker, i called it.
V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts
AAAAE, amirite?mdisen2

Can't wait for that review. :lol:
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
Arnt you ment to give comments or something after the beta is done? tc, i think you should ask them to put the sprint option in. that wud be useful, maybe they will have time to add that feature.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

[QUOTE="winner-ps3"]trolls?DeadSpaceXIII
Far from a PS3 troll buddy. I want let fanboyism prevent me from pointing out flaws in this damned beta that needs to be fixed before October 21st.

so just because you own a PS3 means u cant be a troll? ....you know things like this belong in your blog....

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I reserved this game pretty much just because of the hype its getting.It doesnt look like a game id enjoy playing but i figured what the hell ill buy it anyways.Now im starting to think i need to go and cancel my reserve if it sucks that bad.Im more of a sports and shooter junky so im thinking i might need to put that cash on something i know ill like.
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
There seem to be a lot of "LBP is boring" comments/threads since the beta. Hmm...
knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

I hear 2 things LBP IS **** GREAT!!! or LBP is **** BORING!!!

And pls. keep in mind people this is a BETA.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

Agreed
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
This is your AAA title, cows?
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts
hope it turns out better, doesn't matter anyway, there are like 6 other games to buy in the next two months anyway.
V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts

Ya know, most people who played the Force Unleashed demo couldn't stand it, and even thought a lot of people liked it, the game still tanked...

Sure it's a BETA, but exactly how much can change between now and the 21st? From what we're hearing here, it seems like a few tweaks aren't really going to help the game out that much.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SonyMarksman70

Ya know, most people who played the Force Unleashed demo couldn't stand it, and even thought a lot of people liked it, the game still tanked...

Sure it's a BETA, but exactly how much can change between now and the 21st? From what we're hearing here, it seems like a few tweaks aren't really going to help the game out that much.

V_Isle
Of course you wouldn't know that the beta's an old build ;) Pretty much made for the fans which went code searchin.
hip-hop-cola2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hip-hop-cola2
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts
[QUOTE="V_Isle"]

SonyMarksman70

Of course you wouldn't know that the beta's an old build ;) Pretty much made for the fans which went code searchin.

? it sounds like people are complaining about the actual game, how can they change the simple platforming? turn it into a FPS? lol

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="V_Isle"]

hip-hop-cola2

? it sounds like people are complaining about the actual game, how can they change the simple platforming? turn it into a FPS? lol

Lol, that would be a disgrace :P
Avatar image for Tamashii-sosaku
Tamashii-sosaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tamashii-sosaku
Member since 2003 • 2172 Posts

I'm lovong the beta but the amount of tutorials is ridiculous. They better make them optinal in the final game because I sure as hell don't want to have to go through all that again.

They should make the tutorials an option in the menus otherwise half the people that play the game will get so fed up with doing tutorials for every little thing they'll never even get to the stage creation part.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="V_Isle"]

SonyMarksman70

I think the game is great, but please. They havent released an old build significantly different from the final product as a beta test now, have they? What would the point be in testing that?

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="V_Isle"]

Ninja-Hippo

I think the game is great, but please. They havent released an old build significantly different from the final product as a beta test now, have they? What would the point be in testing that?

It could be a 6 month old concept beta. Just like the MS2 demo. It was an old playable build. Just for a FIRST IMPRESSION. :D
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="V_Isle"]

SonyMarksman70

It could be a 6 month old concept beta. Just like the MS2 demo. It was an old playable build. Just for a FIRST IMPRESSION. :D

Exactly it could be a old build, and yeah some of you guys maybe found it boring cuz it was BETA :P

phatrawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 phatrawk
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="V_Isle"]

SonyMarksman70

I kinda doubt that. I would think that they released the beta to stress test the online portions, much like a MMO usually has a stress test before launch. If that's the case, it's a month-old build. Otherwise, there's hardly a point in the whole "beta key" campaign that went down.

But I've also heard that they didn't add all the tools in the Beta that will be available in the final game, so that may improve significantly.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

knight-k

I dont have a PS3 but I would like one so take this for what its worth...I get tired of people saying.."its only a BETA"..Well normally a BETA is 99% of the finished game. Its a"DEMO"..I was one of the few 360 COD4 BETA testers. It was no different at all from the finished game. Same goes for other "BETAS,DEMOS" I have been a part of.

I feel bad for Sonygamers if this title flops. It had so much promiss. Good luck and I hope it scores really well.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SonyMarksman70
Well, if it was for that purpose, then what would all the tutorial walkthroughs be there for? :P That's why I say it's pretty much just to test it out and give it some spins. See what makes it tick. Not to mention to full version has gone gold. If there are online problems they haven't found by now, they will have to patch it up. As far as it being boring, I don't think the tc has his creative brain flowing to justify he had fun. It is an old build though. Supposedly the features will be some what different/ & hopefully better than the Beta.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

knight-k

Yeah, a beta og a game coming out in two weeks...

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

agree, the beta has 4 stages, one is fun, the other three is boring.dd2005nian

You gotta be kidding me!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

you trolled the boards all last night dude
FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
This thread is going to make cows cry that were hyping LBP with sackboy sigs and avatars.
DeadSpaceXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeadSpaceXIII
[QUOTE="DeadSpaceXIII"][QUOTE="winner-ps3"]trolls?Animal-Mother

you trolled the boards all last night dude

Links?
_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 _Brennan_
Member since 2008 • 3241 Posts

the beta was horrible what i played of it at my friends. Hope the final version is alot better.kozzy1234

Of course the final version will be better. Do you think the beta you're playing is going to be anything like the final version?

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Lol, for every "LBP is boring" beta impression, I've seen 5 saying how awesome it is, nothing seems wrong with the speed, and obviously you can't expect to get the full product in a beta, I never expected AAAA, but it still looks great.
TruestGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TruestGamer
Member since 2008 • 294 Posts
i didnt know there wasn't a run button... that kind of sucks
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Tutorials?!

In a level design game? In a beta?

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!
EXLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 EXLINK
Member since 2003 • 5719 Posts

Making the levels and being created = fun for so long.

Actual gameplay after creating the level = boring.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I can't say I got bored of it.

Then again, i also can't say I played it after 5 days with the Beta. Nor have I had a desire to...

>.>

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

knight-k

And? The game is supposed to be releassed in a little over 2 weeks...

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I have several people on my friends list I've seen playing the beta and every single one of them has repsonded that LBP even the beta is Awesome.

Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts
At E3 08, I thought LBP was gonna be a great game..... after seeing more of it... it looks boring as hell, I've watched a bunch of levels made by the community.... and OH MY GOD, they are so BORING! and do not look fun to play through at all. Of course its not the devs fault that the community sucks.... but I just don't see how this can be considered fun.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Heh people are already confirming what I've been saying all long. The game looks boring and probably is. Next on the list is Banjo.. the game looks terribly boring as well, going to have to wait to see for that one :P
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
It's fun to watch LBP burn in its own hype. I think most non blinded fanboys could see that game always looked really boring from the start.
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

It's fun to watch LBP burn in its own hype. I think most non blinded fanboys could see that game always looked really boring from the start.Khansoul

I nkow. lbp is trash, the only way to make it goo d is to have microsoft produce it. there too buys making killer games though. I am still playing too human.

KeepClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KeepClear
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
I was up all night doing the beta, not boring at all