My God LittleBigPlanet BETA is boring.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

At E3 08, I thought LBP was gonna be a great game..... after seeing more of it... it looks boring as hell, I've watched a bunch of levels made by the community.... and OH MY GOD, they are so BORING! and do not look fun to play through at all. Of course its not the devs fault that the community sucks.... but I just don't see how this can be considered fun.Veterngamer
I think the beta has limited creation tools, so I don't think its fair to judge.

I've always maintained this is a fun game, but that I was worried about its longevity (yes I know unlimited levels but will it still be fun?) and that it was an AA game.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Tutorial after tutorial. When can I create a f'n stage without being stopped by another tutorial? ....Although props for level creator not being as long as it was made out to be. I made a pretty long stage in a matter of minutes.DeadSpaceXIII

You didn't bother to learn how to play the game and then you only spent a few minutes making your level which without a doubt stunk. What I see from your post is someone who didn't spend the time required to learn how to play. You remind me of my wife. If it requires more than 5 seconds to figure it out she thinks its not a good game.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

I was up all night doing the beta, not boring at all

KeepClear

Same here, hell I'm playing it right now.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
I found it alot of fun.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Hmm...you seem to be in the minority. Also, your gripes seem awfully superficial.
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

I think the beta is amazing.

Haven't had this much fun in ages.

They need to sort out the lag when playing with other people, it's really bad.

With that said, that is the only problems I can think of.

I'm having a blast with it.

leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 leonjuretic
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts

why is the answer always...it's a Beta version don't judge it...they won't change almost anything from beta to retail...except polishing and bug fixing. IF you find the game boring now, there are were big chances you won't enjoy the game when its out...

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts
By the end of LBP's life we will see some of the most bizzare and unimaginable creations. Now I know it's a near finished build, but this game runs on user made content, so if you find you're own creations boring, then no offense, but mabye you should try a little harder? Or at the very least try some of the better user made content.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I have some doubts you actually played the BETA.

First of all, if you want to go faster throughout your level, then press "down" on the d-pad to hover. Zoom out using the right stick. Then press "X" and use the left stick to go in the direction you desire. It saves a lot of time.

I personally, like the tutorials. The movies have a bit of corny humor to them, and I think its just fabulous. Sure, I get a little annoyed, but all my annoyances are assuaged as soon as I crack a smile. It just takes patience, and thats what this game requires, its not exactly a "jump in" and you'll create good things. Was Michelangelo born with a good hand for art, I think not. He had to go though extensive training to get his wonderful hand with art, and it takes hard work, patience and dedication.

Well, thats just my two cents.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Beta also crashes my PS3 a lot and you can't quit some modes. You'd have to restart the PS3.DeadSpaceXIII

This and the fact that online is really laggy are my only complaints.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Keep it in the sticky.