MW 2 : Ps3 Or Xbox 360

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

probably for the PS3 just because im playing it more than my 360

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

do u guys mean that they'll have the same lag or whatsoever...I honestly prefer buying it on ps3 because i think my 360 will RROD for sure..and i have to to pay 50 bucks fo multiplayer though i'll spend my whole year playing UC2 and MW2..thx for the quick replies ! cheers

ramziaj
changing your story there much? First your asking about dedicated servers, now your but but not the 50 a year and rrod.
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

The one that has Free online...so the PS3. ;)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="IppoTenma"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.

PSN=Dedicated. Live=P2P.

Really, bud? Because I don't own an Xbox 360. I own a gaming PC and a Playstation 3. I bought Call of Duty 4 for Playstation 3. I have a lot of experience with dedicated servers because I own plenty of games that have them, games like Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Counter-Strike Source, Call of Duty 2, Team Fortress 2, and so on. I know what a game with a dedicated server is. And Call of Duty 4 for Playstation 3 does not have dedicated servers. Hot tip: games with dedicated servers don't disconnect you and say "host left the game," or have matchmaking-only online gaming. They don't have 16 player caps, they normally have at least 32 player caps, which every game running on dedicated servers on Playstation 3 incidentally has. Next time instead of spouting the party line maybe you should think about what you write and try to exercise a little bit of intellectual honesty.

cod2 had a ps3 release?
crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts
I'm getting it for 360 because of the controller, LIVE, etc.
smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

if i was to get it, it would be on Ps3. More friends plus i prefer the ps3 controller.

Matt_1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Matt_1337
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]They are exactly the same on both............except you have to pay for one.....TintedEyes
I want to get Modern Warfare 2 for free! Where it at!?

PSN of course

Free Download of MW2 on PSN?! Damn, I might need to get a PS3 if they do this with other future multiplats.

CyberRuler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CyberRuler
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

I'm going with the PS3 version for a number of reasons:

1. Controller Preference
2. My prefered video game friends are getting it for PS3 (although I might end up renting the 360 version from time to time to play with other people)
3. No Party Chat = People actually communicate with other people playing the same damn game as them!
4. I have yet to renew my Xbox Live membership (might do it sometime in late November/December)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WilliamRLBaker

I'm going with the PS3 version for a number of reasons:

1. Controller Preference
2. My prefered video game friends are getting it for PS3 (although I might end up renting the 360 version from time to time to play with other people)
3. No Party Chat = People actually communicate with other people playing the same damn game as them!
4. I have yet to renew my Xbox Live membership (might do it sometime in late November/December)

CyberRuler

actually no it means that no one has mics.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Get it on 360, it's the platform the game is targeted at.

Espada12

This should be played on PC, period...if youre PC is bad get it for Ps3 ofc

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.Messiahbolical-

none of the systems use P2P. why do you people keep saying that.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

360 is the lead platform, the 360 has a better controller for FPS, and the 360 will have timed exclusive maps. I'd buy the 360 version if I were you. both systems will use P2P servers, so if you don't lag on PS3, you shouldn't lag on 360 either.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I'm still undecided to whether I'll even be getting Modern Warfare 2, but If I do it will be for PC.

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
360 is the focus for this game. You can bet it will look a little better graphically. Plus theres all the features XBL brings to the tables such as party chat, custom soundtracks (great for multiplayer) etc. Not to mention we get first dibs on the map packs :D
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shawn7324

360 is the lead platform, the 360 has a better controller for FPS, and the 360 will have timed exclusive maps. I'd buy the 360 version if I were you. both systems will use P2P servers, so if you don't lag on PS3, you shouldn't lag on 360 either.

Doolz2024
Yeah as long as you got a good stable internet connection you shouldn't ever have an issue with lag, at least I've never had a problem with it on 360, PS3, or PC.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#66 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
There will be tons of people playing on both consoles but of course there will be more on the 360. If I had both systems I would go with what most of my friends have the game for. But I only have a PS3 and I doubt it will be that much different.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

waiting for amazon to deliver my mw2 themed 360 n im set

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Both are basically lag free (at least for me). Both will have alot of players...tons in fact. I really don't see the difference. Doesn't matter which, they'll essentially be the same thing.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

360 is the lead platform...

Doolz2024

This ain't no 2007, not no more man. :)

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

what is that supposed to mean?

Exactly what I said.

Shooters sell better on the XBox 360, as American gamers are more into FPS. The PS3 has lot of FPS games on it as well, but their userbase for it isn't as high as the XBox 360. It might change a little once M.A.G. gets released, but I doubt it.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 shawn7324
360 is the focus for this game. You can bet it will look a little better graphically. Plus theres all the features XBL brings to the tables such as party chat, custom soundtracks (great for multiplayer) etc. Not to mention we get first dibs on the map packs :DNidget
Console features & extras aside, there we not be any difference between each version of MW2, except for PC of course.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
If you had to choose, 360 I guess. The controller is better for FPS, and I presume more people will play online. It will also get stuff earlier, and XBL is more streamlined to use to join games/parties, etc.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

360 is the lead platform...

SolidTy

This ain't no 2007, not no more man. :)

Yes... I'm well aware of the fact that it's no longer 2007. lol

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Where is this talk about p2p coming from? dedicated servers? lol come on people think a little before you post.

oh and btw get it for the 360 b/c larger player base means that you'll be more likely to find a match hosted in your area and get rid of ur lag.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Buying a game for its multiplayer usually ends up better with the 360 version
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] cod2 had a ps3 release?

No but it had a PC release which is what I was referring to.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.Blue-Sky

I hope you're joking. :| Have you never played Call Of Duty 4 before? Have you never seen "Host ended game"? Have you never seen one person all green and the rest yellow/red?(aka someone with a crappy connection hosting and they get the advantage). Haven't you heard they're adding host migration to CODMW2? That's what P2P means. It means the games are not hosted on actual servers... a host is picked at random out of the people in the room, and everyone else in the room connects to his/her console. This way, cheap companies like Activision don't have to spend money on actual servers.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

360 cuz its free and I can play it early.:oops:

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Brownesque
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.Messiahbolical-

I hope you're joking. :| Have you never played Call Of Duty 4 before? Have you never seen "Host ended game"? Have you never seen one person all green and the rest yellow/red?(aka someone with a crappy connection hosting and they get the advantage). Haven't you heard they're adding host migration to CODMW2? That's what P2P means. It means the games are not hosted on actual servers... a host is picked at random out of the people in the room, and everyone else in the room connects to his/her console. This way, cheap companies like Activision don't have to spend money on actual servers.

He's just playing a semantic game because he wants you to say "client-based servers" since it doesn't sound as low-end as "P2P," and doesn't have as negative of a connotation. Don't worry, I'm working hard at changing that. Client-based servers require zero infrastructure. None. All they need is your Xbox 360 and your internet connection and that's all they use to host your matches on Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2. And P2P would imply an equivalent connection which obviously is not the case in host-advantage-ridden client-based server land. No, with client-based servers you get to enjoy granting one player zero latency to all the information in the game.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] cod2 had a ps3 release?

o okay you should specify cause you had all these ps3 games then all of a sudden a pc game was in there so i just assumed.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 shawn7324

For me, preferably the Xbox 360. Almost all my FPS games are on 360....simply because of the controller and triggers. That's just me.

However, I'm playing KZ2 right now, and the PS3 controller, though a bit different, is just as good. :)

2_Quiet_2_Riot
When it comes to the controllers I prefer the Xbox 360's 100% of the time. I was strictly a PS2 gamer last gen, but after I went with the Xbox 360 & fell for it's controller I still today haven't been able to get used to the Sony's controller since I bought my PS3 several months ago. I just like the feel much much more on 360. I was going to try the dreamGEAR PS3 Shadow Controller, but they persuaded me that I would regret it in the PS3 forums.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

PC>360>PS3 IMO. I prefer xbox live over PSN, but i prefer PC overall. So if i were to hypothetically buy it for the 360 or ps3 id go with 360.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Brownesque
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] cod2 had a ps3 release?

o okay you should specify cause you had all these ps3 games then all of a sudden a pc game was in there so i just assumed.

I was hoping you wouldn't assume I meant a game that did not exist, lol. Point taken, though.
gucci456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gucci456
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

they will be the same. People are fools if they think otherwise.

Poison_1vy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Poison_1vy
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

[QUOTE="ramziaj"]

Ok..I own both consoles and im wondering on which console should i buy Call of Duty MW2..I only care about the online gaming servers because I have a slow internet...Are they gonna use on the ps3 sony's system because they run lag-free on my connection...

Thank u guys.

Blixxed

I guess they'll be the same. Only difference I guess is that there will be more people on the 360 (duh.) and the map packs are timed exclusives on the 360.

They are not exclusive they are just timed...

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

Connections should be identicle I assume. So like others have been saying, go with the platform you have friends online, or the one with the controller you prefer.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
xbox live would be your first choice.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

do u guys mean that they'll have the same lag or whatsoever...I honestly prefer buying it on ps3 because i think my 360 will RROD for sure..and i have to to pay 50 bucks fo multiplayer though i'll spend my whole year playing UC2 and MW2..thx for the quick replies ! cheers

ramziaj
doesn't really sound like you had much intention of getting it for 360. after all if you aren't already paying for live on 360 why would you now?
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts
[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="Blixxed"][QUOTE="ramziaj"]

Ok..I own both consoles and im wondering on which console should i buy Call of Duty MW2..I only care about the online gaming servers because I have a slow internet...Are they gonna use on the ps3 sony's system because they run lag-free on my connection...

Thank u guys.

I guess they'll be the same. Only difference I guess is that there will be more people on the 360 (duh.) and the map packs are timed exclusives on the 360.

but the map packs also cost money which is pretty lame considering when you pay $60 for a game only to go home and find out you have to pay for more maps.lol owned i hate map packs.

if u hate map packs dont buy them lol..no ones forcing you to buy them
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

I'd get if for the 360 considering the controller is 10x better.. especially for shooters. Much more ergonomic.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

It's too soon to compare them yourself, but I owned both versions of MW1, and the 360 had the edge graphically. Not to mention the online community on LIVE has a higher percentage of users with headsets, so I'd go 360, given the tactical nature of MW's gameplay. If you care more about lag then graphics though, I don't know what to tell you... I have a blazing fiber optic connection and can't speak to any latency differences. It's always fast at my house... regardless of platform. donalbane

Tactical?

LOL:..
Its just run, shoot at people, reload, shoot, run, melee, run some more and then die...
Tactical is something like SWAT or R6 on SP. Actualy i didnt find many games that are tactical on pub MP.
Only thing the mics do is allow 10 yearolds to annoy other people in pub servers

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

While it will be the same on both consoles, I will be getting it on my 360 for the simple fact that all my friends are getting it for their 360. I'll just pick up Uncharted 2 for my ps3 because I know a few people who will be getting it.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
COD4 was better on the PS3 according to the devs, don't know about MW2, but i'll go with ps3 this time too, not like i had a choice anyway.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

aroxx_ab

This should be played on PC, period...if youre PC is bad get it for Ps3 ofc

Why buy it on the platform that's boycotting the hell out of it? I thought the point of CoD was to have someone to play against.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

Flip a coin and pick one, simple as that.....lets cut down on these flamebait discussions.

Game On....

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
360, multiplats tend to be better on there.
darrenfps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 darrenfps
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="ramziaj"]

Thank u guys.

SolidTy

The Actual Internet Performance for each game should be the same.

As far as preference, do what ever. I personally have 70+ friends on each of my friends lists, but most of my PS3 friends are playing U2, and Demon's Souls, whereas my 360 list is playing ODST and GeoW2.

The hype for this game is decent for both systems on my FL. I think I will probably buy it on PS3, due to me trying to avoid RROD, but to each their own.

I would buy this game for my 360 in a heartbeat, problem is, I'm also concerned about the RROD. Other than exclusives, I've decided to just purchase games for my PS3 rather than my 360. I've had so much experience with the RROD that it just makes more sense for me to purchase non-exclusive games for my PS3. Xbox Live is fantastic, along with the exclusive DLC, yet I don't trust my (360) hardware anymore.

Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
Not paying for online >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...*tends to infinity* Paying for online There you go, easiest choice.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Bigger online community - everyone has mic - timed exclusive map packs - 360 version is the way to go