MW 2 : Ps3 Or Xbox 360

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ramziaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ramziaj
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

Ok..I own both consoles and im wondering on which console should i buy Call of Duty MW2..I only care about the online gaming servers because I have a slow internet...Are they gonna use on the ps3 sony's system because they run lag-free on my connection...

Thank u guys.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

Ok..I own both consoles and im wondering on which console should i buy Call of Duty MW2..I only care about the online gaming servers because I have a slow internet...Are they gonna use on the ps3 sony's system because they run lag-free on my connection...

Thank u guys.

ramziaj
I guess they'll be the same. Only difference I guess is that there will be more people on the 360 (duh.) and the map packs are timed exclusives on the 360.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Get it on 360, it's the platform the game is targeted at.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
[QUOTE="ramziaj"]

Thank u guys.

i never had a problem with lag on any previous Call of Duty games on xbox360. i dont see any reason why you shouldnt get it for whatever console you want. i personally would choose 360 version,controller is very comfortable even after hours of play call of duty. im a beast when it comes to that game.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jessesalinas

Espada12
what is that supposed to mean?
nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

Choose the console your friends are getting it for. Playing with friends>timed exclusive multiplayer maps (or w/e it may be)

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

jessesalinas

Exactly what I said.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
It's too soon to compare them yourself, but I owned both versions of MW1, and the 360 had the edge graphically. Not to mention the online community on LIVE has a higher percentage of users with headsets, so I'd go 360, given the tactical nature of MW's gameplay. If you care more about lag then graphics though, I don't know what to tell you... I have a blazing fiber optic connection and can't speak to any latency differences. It's always fast at my house... regardless of platform.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Thank u guys.

ramziaj

The Actual Internet Performance for each game should be the same.

As far as preference, do what ever. I personally have 70+ friends on each of my friends lists, but most of my PS3 friends are playing U2, and Demon's Souls, whereas my 360 list is playing ODST and GeoW2.

The hype for this game is decent for both systems on my FL. I think I will probably buy it on PS3, due to me trying to avoid RROD, but to each their own.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Exactly what I said.

Well then that's not exactly true.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="Blixxed"][QUOTE="ramziaj"]

Thank u guys.

I guess they'll be the same. Only difference I guess is that there will be more people on the 360 (duh.) and the map packs are timed exclusives on the 360.

but the map packs also cost money which is pretty lame considering when you pay $60 for a game only to go home and find out you have to pay for more maps.lol owned i hate map packs.
ramziaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ramziaj
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

do u guys mean that they'll have the same lag or whatsoever...I honestly prefer buying it on ps3 because i think my 360 will RROD for sure..and i have to to pay 50 bucks fo multiplayer though i'll spend my whole year playing UC2 and MW2..thx for the quick replies ! cheers

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"] what is that supposed to mean?idontbeliveit

Exactly what I said.

How so? It's getting exclusive content before anyone else, all the gameplay vids and community events are done on the platform, the PC version has been pushed further back and MS is the only one who is getting to bundle it from what I've seen.

B1RDH0UZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B1RDH0UZ3
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

I also own both consoles and its always hard to find out on wich platform you're going to play it.

In my opignion,

Play it on the console on wich:

-You like the controler the most.

-Have more freinds.

I usualy get these games on my 360 because I like xbl way bether then psn,

Not to say that most game footage shown is on the 360.... so MS might be on somthing tricky with this game.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Choose what your friends are getting it for first other than that these are the only other factors I could think of: PS3 you get a more durable blu-ray disk, more reliable system, and free online 360 you get some timed DLC.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Im buying 2 copies on ps3 ( 1 for me and the other for my brother)

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

They are exactly the same on both............except one of them you have to pay for...

Canindian_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Canindian_Boy
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

Id recommend getting it on the platform on which most of your friends have.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
They are exactly the same on both............except you have to pay for one.....TintedEyes
I want to get Modern Warfare 2 for free! Where it at!?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

360 version will probably perform better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

If you have "slow internet" than I really don't think it's going to matter what system you have it on. That's going to be your rate limiting step.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZuneHD
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

Map packs comign to 360 first

Exclusive 250gig 360 bundle

preorders are 3x in favour of 360.

Lets be honest here guys..............if you buy the game NOT on 360 your buying the wrong copy.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TintedEyes

Lets be honest here guys..............if you buy the game NOT on 360 your buying the wrong copy.

ZuneHD

Is it free to play online too!

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

TintedEyes

that only strenthens the 360 side.

ppl would rather use LIVE then use the free PSN.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

get it on 360 coz it has better controller + more people will play on live

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

ZuneHD

Where did you come up with that?
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TintedEyes
[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]They are exactly the same on both............except you have to pay for one.....Blixxed
I want to get Modern Warfare 2 for free! Where it at!?

PSN of course
ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] Is it free to play online too!

TintedEyes

3x preorders in favour of 360.

im sorry given your sig but all factors point to the gaming industry pickign the 360 version as the definitive version, like it or not.

IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.

PSN=Dedicated. Live=P2P.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

ZuneHD

im sorry given your sig but all factors point to the gaming industry pickign the 360 version as the definitive version, like it or not.

Well naturally because the 360 has more consoles sold, and BTW what region are those numbers from?
ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.IppoTenma
PSN=Dedicated. Live=P2P.

theres also the matter of the controllerm preference, which going by preorders...........the 360 is better for shooters. Then theres the map packs, and that people use Live party like crazy nowadays.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] Where did you come up with that?TintedEyes

Well naturally because the 360 has more consoles sold, and BTW what region are those numbers from?

not even that, shooters usually painfully favour the 360 in sales. other genres are usually more even or slightly favour the 360. These are NA preorders but even europe favours the 360. Xbox is associated with shooters.

again, the 360 version is the definitive version, the market has clearly spoken. buy the less prefered ps3 version. if u arent a fanboy, you shoudlnt care u own the not definitive version.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TintedEyes

ZuneHD

not even that, shooters usually painfully favour the 360 in sales. other genres are usually more even or slightly favour the 360. These are NA preorders but even europe favours the 360. Xbox is associated with shooters.

again, the 360 version is the definitive version, the market has clearly spoken. buy the less prefered ps3 version. if u arent a fanboy, you shoudlnt care u own the not definitive version.

I guess more people buying it on the console means its the definitive version, even though the actual game plays the same on both, lol
ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] Well naturally because the 360 has more consoles sold, and BTW what region are those numbers from?TintedEyes

I guess more people buying it on the console means its the definitive version, even though the actual game plays the same on both, lol

again, the controller, LIVE party, custom soundtrack, 2 map packs first, even a exlcusive MW2 360 bundle.

dude, deal with it.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TintedEyes

ZuneHD

again, the controller, LIVE party, custom soundtrack, 2 map packs first, even a exlcusive MW2 360 bundle.

dude, deal with it.

Yeah but does it play and look better? and BTW PSN is still getting the map packs, and the controller is preference.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

ZuneHD

"Definitive version"

Hey! Only Turn10 can use that line, didn't realize that was determined by preorders and an overpriced bundle.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]3x preorders in favour of 360.

EmperorSupreme

"Definitive version"

Hey! Only Turn10 can use that line, didn't realize that was determined by preorders and an overpriced bundle.

dont forget the map packs and having a better fps controller.

geez..........ps3 fanboys just cant deal with not being #1.

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZuneHD

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] I guess more people buying it on the console means its the definitive version, even though the actual game plays the same on both, lolTintedEyes

dude, deal with it.

Yeah but does it play and look better? and BTW PSN is still getting the map packs, and the controller is preference.

the controller is preference = its better for fps but I have a right to say otherwise for arguments sake :roll:

PSN getting them LATE.........doesnt sound liek the definitive version to get sloppy second map packs IMO

k, ur not dealing with this.......

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

jessesalinas

ya seriously. it's a multiplatform. i think he's saying mw2 is targeted at the 11 year olds that just learned what hot means, aka the typical audience on 360.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

[QUOTE="ZuneHD"]3x preorders in favour of 360.

ZuneHD

"Definitive version"

dont forget the map packs and having a better fps controller.

geez..........ps3 fanboys just cant deal with not being #1.

Once again, Controller = Preference and PSN gets those same map packs, lol your funny.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

Thank u guys.

ramziaj
Neither console version will be using dedicated servers, they will both be P2P like the last game. The networking was good for the PS3 version in the first game (except they didn't have any host-swapping), but you probably won't have the smoothest experience on either console with a slow internet connection. The only version of the game which will have dedicated servers will be the PC version. The servers will be user-run, but this means you'll probably have a server near you with low ping. The problem is you didn't ask if the PC version was worth getting so I'm assuming you don't have a gaming PC.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Don't worry, it'll be an extremely realistic, tactical and balanced online experience on both consoles! Ha. It'll be the same on both machines, go for the console where you have the most friends.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Brownesque
[QUOTE="IppoTenma"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]They're identical, both use P2P servers. The only thing that matters is if you care about getting a map pack or two a little bit early or if you don't care about map packs. Also, which friends you want to play with should go towards your decision as well. But IMO it doesn't matter, same exact game.

PSN=Dedicated. Live=P2P.

Really, bud? Because I don't own an Xbox 360. I own a gaming PC and a Playstation 3. I bought Call of Duty 4 for Playstation 3. I have a lot of experience with dedicated servers because I own plenty of games that have them, games like Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Counter-Strike Source, Call of Duty 2, Team Fortress 2, and so on. I know what a game with a dedicated server is. And Call of Duty 4 for Playstation 3 does not have dedicated servers. Hot tip: games with dedicated servers don't disconnect you and say "host left the game," or have matchmaking-only online gaming. They don't have 16 player caps, they normally have at least 32 player caps, which every game running on dedicated servers on Playstation 3 incidentally has. Next time instead of spouting the party line maybe you should think about what you write and try to exercise a little bit of intellectual honesty.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Brownesque
Don't worry, it'll be an extremely realistic, tactical and balanced online experience on both consoles! Ha. It'll be the same on both machines, go for the console where you have the most friends.Floppy_Jim
That's true, a wild knife strike generally does carry more kinetic energy than a 50 caliber rifle round IRL. Call of Duty 4 is realism par excellance.
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="idontbeliveit"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Exactly what I said.

How so? It's getting exclusive content before anyone else, all the gameplay vids and community events are done on the platform, the PC version has been pushed further back and MS is the only one who is getting to bundle it from what I've seen.

That doesn't prove anything. Does that mean that the PS3 was the main platform for Batman: AA due to the exclusive DLC and the fact that I never saw any gameplay vids on it for the 360?
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
Won't make an iota of difference. The last game was identical on both platforms aside from maybe AA in the shadows. Completely inconsequential. Get it based on who you want to play with. If you have more friends on XBL go for the 360 one. If it's PSN go for Sony. It shouldn't be a hard choice. The days of multiplats like FEAR and The Orange Box are over.
russdmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 russdmoore
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
PC
kholdstare61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 kholdstare61
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

Theyre pretty much identical, although the 360 version has a leg up on the map packs.