MineCraft VS Terraria

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 egmaster546
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts
Before i get into the thread plz ONLY POST IF YOU'VE PLAYED BOTH MINECRAFT AND TERRARIA! Terraria and Minecraft are both very popular sandboxes for the pc and mac. People say that both games are the same but if you actually play them you'll see they are very different in many ways. so, whats your favorite? I like Terraria better than vanilla Minecraft. If you have mods, Minecraft is better. So discuss in the reply section which is better
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I made a thread about this about 3 weeks ago and it was better than this.

OT: Terraria.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

Terraria is so freaking overrated. I hate how overrated Indie games are.

they're flash games ffs !

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

I don't really like either.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 parkurtommo

rasengan2552
No, Terraria has 10x more content simply because of it's difference in perspective and complexity, allowing more content to be added very easily. Not to mention that Terraria actually has an art style, minecraft does not.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Terraria is a FAR better game than Minecraft. It does not have explicit goals, but there are a lot of subtle ones to go after, from neat equipment you can craft to items you can find in the wild that give you neat abilities. Minecraft is a better world builder, although as a game it is pretty weak.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Terraria is a FAR better game than Minecraft. It does not have explicit goals, but there are a lot of subtle ones to go after, from neat equipment you can craft to items you can find in the wild that give you neat abilities. Minecraft is a better world builder, although as a game it is pretty weak.

I'd say Mineraft is more suitable for creative gamers, even though Terraria has the same block system Minecraft is more simple and it is after all 3D.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Minecraft,I don´t really like Terraria.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'd say Mineraft is more suitable for creative gamers, even though Terraria has the same block system Minecraft is more simple and it is after all 3D.parkurtommo
I would agree with this. I like Minecraft, but I wish it had more game-like elements.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I would pick Minecraft.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Minecraft isnt fun BY ITSELF, its only fun if you can make it fun. Terraria, on the other hand, is ****ing awesome.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kris9031998

rasengan2552
CoD/NBA2k12 is so freaking overrated. I hate how overrated high budget games are. They're rehashes ffs !
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Terraria, no contest.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I haven't played Terraria, but Minecraft has an immersive quality that very few games can ever achieve.
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
I really love building stuff, so i prefer Minecraft.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Both are pretty meh, but then again, so are most Indie games.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 parkurtommo
I haven't played Terraria, but Minecraft has an immersive quality that very few games can ever achieve.foxhound_fox
I'd say Minecraft wins in immersion, especially considering the fact that it's first person :P If Terraria was also 3D and first person, it would be even more immersive.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 parkurtommo

Both are pretty meh, but then again, so are most Indie games. millerlight89
Go play your consolite rehash blockbuster trash you little sheepcowlemming

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Minecraft. It just does everything in Terrarria just SO much better except maybe the boss battles, imo. Great graphical $+y|e (COME AT ME, BRAH! :twisted: ), a survivial mechanic twist that just makes your first night in it the best/most tense moment in gaming you will ever have, the multiplayer might simply be one of the best and most creative multiplayer uses in history, in some cases it's really deep and complex (Red Stone Dust...nuff said), I love the calm and almost spiritual music that is played on your journey and I even love the tense and chilling dungeon noises that scare the bajeezers out of me, I also love it's adventure mode with it's RPG gameplay that make it still Minecraft but add a fresh new RPG expierence, the nether is one of the best places ever made, and...just...the creativity that the game exudes and how easy it is to pick up and play. Now I have not played Terrarria (which would explain my bias nature) but based on what I've seen of it, all it looks like to me is just a Minecraft clone that gives a better art $+y|e, puts more emphasis on digging down and exploration and while that certainly is something it just (once again IN MY OPINION) doesn't hold a candle to the original. I love Minecraft and I'm glad such a little title and expermint went such a long way. Good work Notch and good luck on Cobalt. :)

Seriously, it's one of the best and one of the most unique expierences one would ever have. The sad thing is that most people won't even care for a game of this genius just simply because of graphics. *sigh* If only they knew of the motto "Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover," then maybe they would expierence some truly amazing games. :(

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Both are pretty meh, but then again, so are most Indie games. parkurtommo
Go play your concolite rehash blockbuster trash you little sheepcowlemming

More of a hermit, but I would gladly play some consolized trash then either of those two games again.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Both are pretty meh, but then again, so are most Indie games. millerlight89
Go play your concolite rehash blockbuster trash you little sheepcowlemming

More of a hermit, but I would gladly play some consolized trash then either of those two games again.

Whatever you say, manticore scum.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 millerlight89
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Go play your concolite rehash blockbuster trash you little sheepcowlemming

It's exactly how I say it is.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kris9031998
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] More of a hermit, but I would gladly play some consolized trash then either of those two games again.

It's exactly how I say it is.

You are now banned from the PC gaming community :x
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Go play your concolite rehash blockbuster trash you little sheepcowlemmingparkurtommo

Now, now, we all have preferences. Let's not go and insult each other, shall we? :oops:

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 millerlight89

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] More of a hermit, but I would gladly play some consolized trash then either of those two games again. Goyoshi12

Now, now, we all have preferences. Let's not go and insult each other, shall we? :oops:

No insulting form me.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Meh. I like Minecraft A LOT better.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Whatever you say, manticore scum.millerlight89

No insulting form me.

Not anymore...I Stopped You! :D

...er....kind of. :?

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts
[QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

parkurtommo
No, Terraria has 10x more content simply because of it's difference in perspective and complexity, allowing more content to be added very easily. Not to mention that Terraria actually has an art style, minecraft does not.

it should be in the app store for 99 cents. Freaking flash/shockwave game.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] More of a hermit, but I would gladly play some consolized trash then either of those two games again. Goyoshi12

okay, hermit kermit.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

rasengan2552

Well, to be fair it is like 5 bucks on steam so the price is quite close :P

What matters is value, and Terraria can easily give you more than 100 hours of fun before you get everything.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] Whatever you say, manticore scum.parkurtommo

okay, hermit kermit.

There, see how easy that was?

Just ignore the haters and get back to your favorite games. Simple as that. Anyone who overreacts on the internet is either A: A complete and utter moron who really has no life or B: Better have a solid back up argument for what they are saying otherwise, hilarity ensues. :P

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#32 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Minecraft is more for creativity, Terraria is more for the gaming side of the stick. Terraria is far more difficult than Minecraft.
egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 egmaster546

I made a thread about this about 3 weeks ago and it was better than this.

OT: Terraria.

parkurtommo
ok i didnt see it there and i dont give a flying **** if yours was better
egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 egmaster546

Minecraft. It just does everything in Terrarria just SO much better except maybe the boss battles, imo. Great graphical $+y|e (COME AT ME, BRAH! :twisted: ), a survivial mechanic twist that just makes your first night in it the best/most tense moment in gaming you will ever have, the multiplayer might simply be one of the best and most creative multiplayer uses in history, in some cases it's really deep and complex (Red Stone Dust...nuff said), I love the calm and almost spiritual music that is played on your journey and I even love the tense and chilling dungeon noises that scare the bajeezers out of me, I also love it's adventure mode with it's RPG gameplay that make it still Minecraft but add a fresh new RPG expierence, the nether is one of the best places ever made, and...just...the creativity that the game exudes and how easy it is to pick up and play. Now I have not played Terrarria (which would explain my bias nature) but based on what I've seen of it, all it looks like to me is just a Minecraft clone that gives a better art $+y|e, puts more emphasis on digging down and exploration and while that certainly is something it just (once again IN MY OPINION) doesn't hold a candle to the original. I love Minecraft and I'm glad such a little title and expermint went such a long way. Good work Notch and good luck on Cobalt. :)

Seriously, it's one of the best and one of the most unique expierences one would ever have. The sad thing is that most people won't even care for a game of this genius just simply because of graphics. *sigh* If only they knew of the motto "Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover," then maybe they would expierence some truly amazing games. :(

Goyoshi12
well terraria is nothing like minecraft. terraria is more adventure, fighting, and is a lot harder theres also more crafting and npc's and the npc's actually do something
SaintWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SaintWalrus
Member since 2011 • 1715 Posts

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/488434-100-zeppelin-023-wip/

/thread

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#36 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Terraria, by a wide margin too. Minecraft is just a Terraria ripoff.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Minecraft>Terraria easily. Terraria is pretty bad.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

egmaster546

well terraria is nothing like minecraft. terraria is more adventure, fighting, and is a lot harder theres also more crafting and npc's and the npc's actually do something

Doesn't look that way to me. Just looks like Minecraft but in a 2D percpective but with more emphasis on adventure. Besides, I haven't played it. What do I know except what I've seen. :P

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

I don't really like either.

Jolt_counter119

If it doesn't have current gen graphics or a massive marketing campaign its over rated indie crap right?

OT: I like exploring, so I find Teblahblahblah is a better game. Havent played the most recent patch though. Last thing I got was full jungle armor

egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 egmaster546
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

rasengan2552

have you even played terraria? didnt i say not to post anything unless you played both games its not a flash game at all
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

okay, hermit kermit.

There, see how easy that was?

Just ignore the haters and get back to your favorite games. Simple as that. Anyone who overreacts on the internet is either A: A complete and utter moron who really has no life or B: Better have a solid back up argument for what they are saying otherwise, hilarity ensues. :P

I HAVE NO LIFE? THEN HOW AM I HERE!? HA
egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 egmaster546
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Terraria, by a wide margin too. Minecraft is just a Terraria ripoff.

woah woah woah woah woah minecraft a ripoff of terraria? sure i like terraria better but you know minecraft came out before terraria right? terraria came out last may and minecraft came out in 2009!
egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 egmaster546

[QUOTE="egmaster546"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Doesn't look that way to me. Just looks like Minecraft but in a 2D percpective but with more emphasis on adventure. Besides, I haven't played it. What do I know except what I've seen. :P

woah woah no need to get touchy here and didnt i say dont reply if you havent played both games?
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="egmaster546"] well terraria is nothing like minecraft. terraria is more adventure, fighting, and is a lot harder theres also more crafting and npc's and the npc's actually do somethingegmaster546

woah woah no need to get touchy here and didnt i say dont reply if you havent played both games?

Not touchy, just mocking myself really. It's fine. Opinions can change once I play. :P

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

They're both awesome, but I'm gonna go with Minecraft.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

One is 2D and one is 3D. They are very differnet games. Terraria is alittle more compelling because of the nostalgia regrading its 2D structure,

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Goyoshi12

"haven't played it" Terraria being a 2d minecraft is the impression that nearly everyone has before they play it, but once you do, nearly everyone's opinion on that changes.

egmaster546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 egmaster546

Goyoshi12

Not touchy, just mocking myself really. It's fine. Opinions can change once I play. :P

when do you plan on getting it? during the holiday sale on steam one day it was only $2.50.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="egmaster546"] woah woah no need to get touchy here and didnt i say dont reply if you havent played both games?egmaster546

when do you plan on getting it? during the holiday sale on steam one day it was only $2.50.

Not sure...probably when I have more time. :?

Right now my mind is focused on Minecraft, Morrowind, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, maybe a little bit of Frozen Synapse, Team Fortress 2, possibly Portal 2, Champion's Online and maybe even other F2P games, and heck even Morrowind Construction Set if I can figure it out. :P

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="egmaster546"] well terraria is nothing like minecraft. terraria is more adventure, fighting, and is a lot harder theres also more crafting and npc's and the npc's actually do somethingferret-gamer

"haven't played it" Terraria being a 2d minecraft is the impression that nearly everyone has before they play it, but once you do, nearly everyone's opinion on that changes.

Exactly. So what do I know? All I know is that Terrarria looks like 2D Minecraft with emphaiss on adventuring, dungeons, boss battles, and item creation. Heck, I didn't even know what to think of Minecraft but after playing it...damn...don't judge a book by its cover. :o

...except that's exactly what I'm doing with Terrarria...:?

Funny way I work...:P