Microsoft stumbles over 09 lineup on X-Play

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="mitu123"] I did, but the 360 didn't have as many exclusives as the PS3.mitu123
Yeah, that's true. It wasn't a bad year for the 360 exactly, but 2007 beats it.

Yeah, 2007 had Halo 3, which beats most 360 games in 08, LOL, I feel like getting a PS3 now.

Aren't you saving up for one? I seem to remember you saying that in the KZ2 stickies.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="obamanian"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

Xbox 360 has a stunning lineup for 2009, full of huge 50-100 hour deep games and vast open next gen game worlds

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26715971&tag=topics;title

I count 109 games !!! Of course more will come and i have forgot many i guess

If you stop counting sucky games, well I'll let you think about that.

Hell, by this logic Wii is the console to own this year (not a hit on Wii, just making a point).

I patiently await your usual response.

Well, huge 50-100 hours games and vast deep RPG's, with huge open next gen worlds are not ... "sucky" to me

The sucky games for me are linear short shooters like MGS4, Gears 2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1-2 etc

your entitled to your opinion, but it is not shared by most gamers.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] Yeah, that's true. It wasn't a bad year for the 360 exactly, but 2007 beats it.Floppy_Jim
Yeah, 2007 had Halo 3, which beats most 360 games in 08, LOL, I feel like getting a PS3 now.

Aren't you saving up for one? I seem to remember you saying that in the KZ2 stickies.

Yes, I am, starting right now. There's 5 must play games on there for me: MGS 4, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Valkyria Chronicles and Killzone 2.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

[QUOTE="death919"]With Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack coming soon, I don't WANT other games to release 3-4 months after that because I know I will miss them in favour of the addictiveness of Halo 3. :Pobamanian

I think Halo is unique, lile AVP games, they are just very very fun

Unlike Gears 2, Killzone 2 etc that are games i would only rent, Halo 3 is actually a game that i can go back to and have fun with, i guess that is its charm from Halo 1 and still in Halo 3

Halo Wars seems to continue that with some great controls, visuals and above fun factor from impressions i read

I guess it is the gameplay that sets those games apart and deserve every praise, that coming from someone that hates linear short shooters

KZ2 hasn't even been released yet. how do you know if its good or not?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Yeah, 2007 had Halo 3, which beats most 360 games in 08, LOL, I feel like getting a PS3 now.mitu123

Yes, I am, starting right now. There's 5 must play games on there for me: MGS 4, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Valkyria Chronicles and Killzone 2.

Well, I don't have LBP but I have to say, those are all great choices. Methinks you'll be satisfied :)
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
Well after 1:35 he says something interesting.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="spinecaton"]

You can also include the 08 GDC announcements though, Gears of war 2 was announced in Febuary during GDC and came out 10 months later. Ninja Gaiden II was announced Sept 07 and came out 10 months later in June 08.

Floppy_Jim

Don't forget - see my sig. :) Announced and delivered within 1 year if memory serves ?

More like 2 years :P

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2006/09/banjo_and_kazoo.html

Yikes, well I guess memory doesn't serve. :cry:

Stupid memory.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

Well, huge 50-100 hours games and vast deep RPG's, with huge open next gen worlds are not ... "sucky" to me

The sucky games for me are linear short shooters like MGS4, Gears 2, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1-2 etc

Master-Thief-09

So, if a game is long and has a large game world, it's immediately a good game?

Doesn't matter, all games coming could suck or be good. We should stop anticipating games?

yes, it does matter. especially when you hype games
a) with barely any info
b) with a shaky track record
c) no release date
d) with just a title
e) THAT YOUR NOT EVEN GOING TO PLAY LET ALONE RENT OR BUY. JUST COMMENT ON BECAUSE IT GOT A DECENT SCORE AND IS EXCLUSIVE, AND YOU'VE WATCHED A TON OF VIDEOS(not directed to you).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] Aren't you saving up for one? I seem to remember you saying that in the KZ2 stickies.Floppy_Jim

Well, I don't have LBP but I have to say, those are all great choices. Methinks you'll be satisfied :)

That would be enough for now, but I'm skeptical about Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, Heavenly Sword and many others, they could be great games, or bad ones, I'm not easy to predict however when choosing to play those games.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Yes, I am, starting right now. There's 5 must play games on there for me: MGS 4, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Valkyria Chronicles and Killzone 2.mitu123

That would be enough for now, but I'm skeptical about Uncharted, Resistance 1 and 2, Heavenly Sword and many others, they could be great games, or bad ones, I'm not easy to predict however when choosing to play those games.

Well, Uncharted and R2 are 2 of the PS3's best games. I don't think you have to worry about them being bad. And Heavenly Sword is incredible while it lasts, it's barely above 7 hours long though.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] Well, I don't have LBP but I have to say, those are all great choices. Methinks you'll be satisfied :)Floppy_Jim

Well, Uncharted and R2 are 2 of the PS3's best games. I don't think you have to worry about them being bad. And Heavenly Sword is incredible while it lasts, it's barely above 7 hours long though.

Thanks for the suggestions, now I should try those games out whenever I get a PS3.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I guess E3 doesn't count for anything anymore, eh?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mitu123

I guess E3 doesn't count for anything anymore, eh?

heretrix
Well, we also have GDC to worry about.
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

Xbox 360 has a stunning lineup for 2009, full of huge 50-100 hour deep games and vast open next gen game worlds

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26715971&tag=topics;title

Chutebox

Hell, by this logic Wii is the console to own this year (not a hit on Wii, just making a point).

lol you forgot this too, that's not for 2009. almost none of those games will ACTUALLY come out in 09. and most of them are rpg anyway, which we really couldn't care less about here in the real world.
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 marcuskickass
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts

[QUOTE="marcuskickass"]Microsoft usually does not disappoint when it comes the their gaming lineup for the year, so I believe him (absolutely no reason why I shouldn't based off the past years of awesome gaming :D) and they tend to follow a trend for their middle to end of year lineup with 1 huge blockbuster exclusive shooter (which could be Halo Odst but I smell a true PD sequel in the works ,but I am just speculating), 1 huge blockbuster exclusive rpg (mass effect 2...timed?) and 1 or 2 japanese rpgs (timed or fully exclusive)...and with Peter Molyneux appearing at GDC to unveil what Lionhead's been working on, and with Crackdown 2 and Forza 3 all but confirmed...oh and didnt Rare say they were working on 3 new games? mitu123
Seriously, Halo 3 ODST to be a big title, an expansion pack with less than 6 hours of gameplay not at full price is big, I don't think so IMO, Perfect Dark 2 please.

6 hours?...Cod 4 had 5 give or take a few minutes depending on what difficulty you were playing on and was critically acclaimed for its sp/mp...and it being an open world halo game really excites me (and it already has mp in the bag) but i also do hope PD2 is announced because i also personally loved perfect dark zero's online portion and would complement Halo odst rather well (or would it be the other way round? *fingers crossed it would be announced*)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="marcuskickass"]Microsoft usually does not disappoint when it comes the their gaming lineup for the year, so I believe him (absolutely no reason why I shouldn't based off the past years of awesome gaming :D) and they tend to follow a trend for their middle to end of year lineup with 1 huge blockbuster exclusive shooter (which could be Halo Odst but I smell a true PD sequel in the works ,but I am just speculating), 1 huge blockbuster exclusive rpg (mass effect 2...timed?) and 1 or 2 japanese rpgs (timed or fully exclusive)...and with Peter Molyneux appearing at GDC to unveil what Lionhead's been working on, and with Crackdown 2 and Forza 3 all but confirmed...oh and didnt Rare say they were working on 3 new games? marcuskickass

Seriously, Halo 3 ODST to be a big title, an expansion pack with less than 6 hours of gameplay not at full price is big, I don't think so IMO, Perfect Dark 2 please.

6 hours?...Cod 4 had 5 give or take a few minutes depending on what difficulty you were playing on and was critically acclaimed for its sp/mp...and it being an open world halo game really excites me (and it already has mp in the bag) but i also do hope PD2 is announced because i also personally loved perfect dark zero's online portion and would complement Halo odst rather well (or would it be the other way round? *fingers crossed it would be announced*)

Yeah, but I wouldn't count an expansion as a big title, and COD 4 was a big game of course despite it's short length. The open worldness of Halo 3: ODST might make it last longer, who knows. And I want PD2 and hopefully the single player is much better, and here's some info I found from Surfer Girl: From what I've seen, the sequel to Perfect Dark on Xbox 360 is going to right a few wrongs with the first, but it's really too early to tell if Rare can deliver a shooter to really live up to it's glory days. One thing I can tell you: the art is infinitely better - though that wouldn't be hard.
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 marcuskickass
[QUOTE="marcuskickass"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Seriously, Halo 3 ODST to be a big title, an expansion pack with less than 6 hours of gameplay not at full price is big, I don't think so IMO, Perfect Dark 2 please.mitu123

Yeah, but I wouldn't count an expansion as a big title, and COD 4 was a big game of course despite it's short length. The open worldness of Halo 3: ODST might make it last longer, who knows. And I want PD2 and hopefully the single player is much better, and here's some info I found from Surfer Girl: From what I've seen, the sequel to Perfect Dark on Xbox 360 is going to right a few wrongs with the first, but it's really too early to tell if Rare can deliver a shooter to really live up to it's glory days. One thing I can tell you: the art is infinitely better - though that wouldn't be hard.

So is it confirmed that PD2 is in the works?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="marcuskickass"]

marcuskickass

By Surfer Girl's logic, yes. By Rare, who knows, but there is another topic on System Wars that confirmed that Rare is making another game this year.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#69 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
Just Wait til E3. See, Lems have to wait too. :P
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
Cows should NOT go up against Eric Greenberg in a game of poker. They'd lose every time :lol::lol:
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 marcuskickass
[QUOTE="marcuskickass"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Yeah, but I wouldn't count an expansion as a big title, and COD 4 was a big game of course despite it's short length. The open worldness of Halo 3: ODST might make it last longer, who knows. And I want PD2 and hopefully the single player is much better, and here's some info I found from Surfer Girl: From what I've seen, the sequel to Perfect Dark on Xbox 360 is going to right a few wrongs with the first, but it's really too early to tell if Rare can deliver a shooter to really live up to it's glory days. One thing I can tell you: the art is infinitely better - though that wouldn't be hard.mitu123

By Surfer Girl's logic, yes. By Rare, who knows, but there is another topic on System Wars that confirmed that Rare is making another game this year.

I just saw the thread and now I'm pretty excited...and lol that was a pretty fast confirmation of a couple of my predictions/statements...what was that like 20 mins after I posted? :P
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
Dude you're forgetting about uncharted 2, heavy rain, infamous, GT5,
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

I think its gonna be lime 2008 personally.

MS will annouce some new games soon, and they wiull have a strong lineup, but like last year, sony will have a better lineup, although this year there will be more games coming from proven series now like uncharted, killzone (psp version did well), SOCOM (not out in UK yet), god of war 3, new R&C ec...

Im a little worried about MS this year, becuase the fact is it doesnt look like there is going to be a huge blockbuster game like gears 2 or halo 3. And its games like that which are keeping MS on top. The new halo game looks pretty small, and I doubt we will see gears 3 till next gen maybe. So are they going to create a new big IP or are they once again relying on better multiplats?

PS3_3DO

And the best game on the PS3 in 2009 is Killzone 2. No GOW 3 until 2010.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="marcuskickass"] So is it confirmed that PD2 is in the works? marcuskickass

I just saw the thread and now I'm pretty excited...and lol that was a pretty fast confirmation of a couple of my predictions/statements...what was that like 20 mins after I posted? :P

LOL, I agree, pretty good prediction, now come on Rare, go back to your glory days.
bufu21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 bufu21
Member since 2006 • 1214 Posts
[QUOTE="LordDhampire"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

None of those games will have over 25 hours of game play, if 15....and alot of them didn't look good....like two worlds

I played Fable 2 120+ hours to see everything, Too Human 50+ hours and Two Worlds 60+ hours, and were addicitive and super fun all the way

I do not rush through RPG's like they were linear shooters

im still enjoying my valkyria chronicles, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja storm. But also i work 8 hours a day. (and both these games are over 10 hours of gameplay...especialy Valkyria chronicles.

Stiggsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Stiggsx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Microsoft always delivers

Like he said they under promise and overdeliver unlike Sony who does the exact opposite

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Like he said they under promise and overdeliver unlike Sony who does the exact opposite

Stiggsx

Like in my earlier metaphor. If Sony was playing a game of poker against Microsoft, they wouldn't be doing to well.

Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
Halo ODST is going to be the blockbuster this year, unfortunately it is later rather than sooner. Other than that, I'm not worried, the year just started the blockbusters are going to be announced sometime this summer.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#78 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a great year for 360 owners.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] If you stop counting sucky games, well I'll let you think about that.

Chutebox
Can I borrow your time machine please? You must have ones to already know what games will suck and what ones wont or is it more just well since your a PS3 fan you feel it is your job to say anything on the 360 and not on the PS3 is "sucky".

Exactly, you got me figured out. Good job champ.

rybe1025, you dont need a time machine to see all the failures 360 has produced. by open world games do u mean like Fable? every 360 owner who has played fable says it is a shallow, and very uninspired game that isnt worth the full price purchase. no wonder it wasnt blessed enough to be on the PS3, because ps3 owners own truly GOTY rated worth exclusive games, and not just in single genres like fps and semi-rpgs. FF versus13 is enough reason to Destroy the RPG market for 360, when compared to the PS3. The ps3 just has too many 10/10 games both out and coming up (my prediction) to let ppl like me sit still and let you try to talk highly about a 360 that is nothing but dated-hardware hiding behind a curtain that soon will be revealed by its inability to match upcoming ps3 games, and not only that, but its inability to even run those games with 360 hardware.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="Stiggsx"]

AdobeArtist

Like in my earlier metaphor. If Sony was playing a game of poker against Microsoft, they wouldn't be doing to well.

exactly, thats all they are doing, try to bluff there way into sales, but like always the truth will prevail. the PS3's capabilities being > then 360's will soon come to light when the curtain is pulled on microsofts deceptions.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mitu123
Looks like it's going to be a great year for 360 owners.SpinoRaptor24
If they announce more games.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="Stiggsx"]

WutTimeIsIt

exactly, thats all they are doing, try to bluff there way into sales, but like always the truth will prevail. the PS3's capabilities being > then 360's will soon come to light when the curtain is pulled on microsofts deceptions.

You completely missed the point of my analogy. In poker you never reveal your hand early. You don't tip yourself off to the other players at the table. But that's what Sony is doing, giving the opposition a chance to prepare their counter-measures, while MS keeps their cards close to their chest, revealing only when the time is right.

And STOP talking about the two systems capabilities. You still can't demonstrate any understanding of the CPU architecture (the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 cores, SPE's are NOT cores), so stop talking about what you know nothing about already.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mitu123
AdobeArtist, he's always like that, don't worry about him.
UGCoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 UGCoat
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts
fanboys lol
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 WutTimeIsIt
the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 coresAdobeArtist
lmao @ the term 'PS3 Cel' you keep using, do you know anything about computer architecture?
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 coresWutTimeIsIt
lmao @ the term 'PS3 Cel' you keep using, do you know anything about computer architecture?

heres the wiki for CPU's, they even mention both the 360 and ps3 in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cpu i will quote one line for you, "CPUs like the Xbox 360's triple-core PowerPC design, and the PS3's 8-core Cell microprocessor." Edit: in the end, your just another fanboy that tries to Lie to make 360 look better than PS3.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 coresWutTimeIsIt

The Cell (yes I did mispell it before) is the name of the CPU (which was co-developed with IBM and Toshiba) in the PS3. It consists of 8 SPEs which mean Synchronous Processing Element. 1 is completely switched off, another designated for the OS. They are each a compartment of the CPU, assigned to specific alogorithms and calculations. But each SPE on it's own isn't capable of running a computer on it's own. Like I said, they are specialized divisions of the Cell processor as a whole.

Have I missed anything so far?

*EDIT* Saw your later post (quoting yourself): You're using Wiki as a source?? The online site that allows public access for anybody to input info? Hardly a credible source? Hell, YOU'RE probably the one who entered that BS line about the Cell being "an 8 core microprocessor" :roll::roll:

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

I think its gonna be lime 2008 personally.

MS will annouce some new games soon, and they wiull have a strong lineup, but like last year, sony will have a better lineup, although this year there will be more games coming from proven series now like uncharted, killzone (psp version did well), SOCOM (not out in UK yet), god of war 3, new R&C ec...

Im a little worried about MS this year, becuase the fact is it doesnt look like there is going to be a huge blockbuster game like gears 2 or halo 3. And its games like that which are keeping MS on top. The new halo game looks pretty small, and I doubt we will see gears 3 till next gen maybe. So are they going to create a new big IP or are they once again relying on better multiplats?

PS3_3DO

And the best game on the PS3 in 2009 is Killzone 2. No GOW 3 until 2010.

Sony is announcing the release date of God of War 3 at this year's E3, so would you like to tell all of us how you saw into the future and heard a release of 2010.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 WutTimeIsIt

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 coresAdobeArtist

The Cell (yes I did mispell it before) is the name of the CPU (which was co-developed with IBM and Toshiba) in the PS3. It consists of 8 SPEs which mean Synchronous Processing Element. 1 is completely switched off, another designated for the OS. They are each a compartment of the CPU, assigned to specific alogorithms and calculations. But each SPE on it's own isn't capable of running a computer on it's own. Like I said, they are specialized divisions of the Cell processor as a whole.

honestly do you know anything about what your talking about? i have a bachelor of engineering in computer engineering, and by the way your talking it sounds like your either copying pasting some facts and mixing them up with your own, or your just outright lying. Each of the 8 processors on the PS3 is capable of running program Threads separately, on its own, using its own dedicated memory. that is all i will say to you because you the only thing that sounded right coming from u is who developed the CPU's (and i even doubt that given ur credibility). done with u.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

Chutebox

The 360 doesn't exactly run on exclusives...
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 WutTimeIsIt

oh, wait, one more pwnage. SPE stands for Synergistic Processing Elements, not what you said among the many falsities in your reply.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] lmao @ the term 'PS3 Cel' you keep using, do you know anything about computer architecture?WutTimeIsIt

honestly do you know anything about what your talking about? i have a bachelor of engineering in computer engineering, and by the way your talking it sounds like your either copying pasting some facts and mixing them up with your own, or your just outright lying. Each of the 8 processors on the PS3 is capable of running program Threads separately, on its own, using its own dedicated memory. that is all i will say to you because you the only thing that sounded right coming from u is who developed the CPU's (and i even doubt that given ur credibility). done with u.

Yeahhhhh, everybody on the interent has an engineering degree. You used Wikipedia, what's well known everywhere, as an open source online reference that offers public access for anybody to input informtion. Did YOU do that jut now with the line about the Cell being an 8 core microprocessor? Please.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]the PS3 Cel is NOT 8 coresWutTimeIsIt

heres the wiki for CPU's, they even mention both the 360 and ps3 in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cpu i will quote one line for you, "CPUs like the Xbox 360's triple-core PowerPC design, and the PS3's 8-core Cell microprocessor." Edit: in the end, your just another fanboy that tries to Lie to make 360 look better than PS3.

The PS3 has one CPU core and 7 usuable Special Processing Units (SPUs)

The 360 has 3 CPU cores, designed to run 6 parallel threads

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] lmao @ the term 'PS3 Cel' you keep using, do you know anything about computer architecture?WutTimeIsIt

oops, i underestimated the power of the ps3, i just found this quote "The PPE core is dual threaded...In the PlayStation 3 configuration as described by Sony, the Cell processor provides nine independent threads of execution."
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]One last Edit: all those pc/360 games you posted you know are not exclusive right?

Animal-Mother
Exclusive is only really relevant to the bubble of system wars. In the real world, the 360 has Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and Halo Wars releasing back-to-back, so there's no shortage of games.

Yeah but you know I can get SFIV and RE5 on my PS3 right?

and you can't get those PC/360 games on it right?
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Steppy_76

*EDIT* Saw your later post (quoting yourself): You're using Wiki as a source?? The online site that allows public access for anybody to input info? Hardly a credible source? Hell, YOU'RE probably the one who entered that BS line about the Cell being "an 8 core microprocessor" :roll::roll:

Adobe, the cell used in the PS3 does indeed have 9 cores on the die. 1 PPE(a general purpose core), and 8 SPE's(specialized cores excelling at floating point math). There is no stipulation that says a core has to be a general purpose core nor that is has to be completely independant of any other cores within a die.

Having said that, the spirit of your post is mostly spot on, it really depends on how narrow or broad your definition of a processing core is.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Steppy_76
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Have I missed anything so far?WutTimeIsIt

oops, i underestimated the power of the ps3, i just found this quote "The PPE core is dual threaded...In the PlayStation 3 configuration as described by Sony, the Cell processor provides nine independent threads of execution."

While you are correct in the SPE being a processor core, you don't know what you are talking about as not all core are created equal. The PPE must feed the SPE's tasks to do, they can't just assign themselves tasks as they see fit. Also with a SPE being dedicated to the OS that takes away two threads that games can use. Theoretically the cell in the PS3 could run 9 threads, but realworld takes two of those away, and at least one of the threads on the PPE is going to be doing nothing but giving tasks to the SPE's.

WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] lmao @ the term 'PS3 Cel' you keep using, do you know anything about computer architecture?Steppy_76

Adobe, the cell used in the PS3 does indeed have 9 cores on the die. 1 PPE(a general purpose core), and 8 SPE's(specialized cores excelling at floating point math). There is no stipulation that says a core has to be a general purpose core nor that is has to be completely independant of any other cores within a die.

Having said that, the spirit of your post is mostly spot on, it really depends on how narrow or broad your definition of a processing core is.

you dont know anything either, this is a reply to both your posts so let me clear this up for you, it is not 9 = 1 PPE + 8 SPE, it is 9 = 2 from PPE, and 7 from SPE (because 1 spe is disabled). i hope that helps. and as for 1 spe being dedicated for the OS? so what, do you know anything about SPE's? each one is used in dedication for something, that is what makes this technology so incredible...for example. 1 SPE can be used entirely for Audio Video, 1 (or more) SPE can be used for graphic output, etc etc...learn your stuff before trying to sound smart.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 WutTimeIsIt
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"] honestly do you know anything about what your talking about? i have a bachelor of engineering in computer engineering, and by the way your talking it sounds like your either copying pasting some facts and mixing them up with your own, or your just outright lying. Each of the 8 processors on the PS3 is capable of running program Threads separately, on its own, using its own dedicated memory. that is all i will say to you because you the only thing that sounded right coming from u is who developed the CPU's (and i even doubt that given ur credibility). done with u.Steppy_76

While you are correct in the SPE being a processor core, you don't know what you are talking about as not all core are created equal. The PPE must feed the SPE's tasks to do, they can't just assign themselves tasks as they see fit. Also with a SPE being dedicated to the OS that takes away two threads that games can use. Theoretically the cell in the PS3 could run 9 threads, but realworld takes two of those away, and at least one of the threads on the PPE is going to be doing nothing but giving tasks to the SPE's.

so with ^^^^ in mind, now recalculate your theoretical and actual values. (answer is 8, considering the amount of mis-knowledge i see on here i think its better i tell u) Edit: ^^^^ is referring to my last post.