Microsoft Should Buy Nintendo

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Holy shit, this topic is so stupid that I think you just ruined Christmas for everyone who read it.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

...and ruin them like they did with Rare?

how did they ruin Rare?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

And do what they did to Rare, I think not. I bought the 360 because of Rare, and MS destroyed them.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: LMAO!! What?!? Sony isn't 100% Hardcore. Not even close. They have just as many casuals as Microsoft.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@HarlockJC said:

And do what they did to Rare, I think not. I bought the 360 because of Rare, and MS destroyed them.

MICROSOFT DID NOT RUIN RARE!!!!

RARE RUINED ITSELF IF IT EVER RUINED

You clearly so dumb. Microsoft does not make games. It was Rare choice to make those games.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I'm pretty sure there is some kind of law prohibiting a buyout like that...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HarlockJC

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

You clearly so dumb. Microsoft does not make games. It was Rare choice to make those games.

After Rare budget was cut they lost most of their talent. Once that happened their quality of games went down hill. There a number of interviews out there where companies like Bungie where they speak to what MS did as a company that hurt them. Do yes your right Rare does make the games, but by they were given little choice. Heck MS killed ES when they were still making money.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/2207/bruce-shelley-tells-us-shy-microsoft-killed-ensemble-studio

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@HarlockJC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

After Rare budget was cut they lost most of their talent. Once that happened their quality of games went down hill. There a number of interviews out there where companies like Bungie where they speak to what MS did as a company that hurt them. Do yes your right Rare does make the games, but by they were given little choice. Heck MS killed ES when they were still making money.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/2207/bruce-shelley-tells-us-shy-microsoft-killed-ensemble-studio

I give you money to make good game. Then game quality depends on you.

Microsoft just paid money and asked them to make Kinect game. Well, Kinect Sports Rivals looks great, maybe it will be new Wii Sports but just better.

Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Piñata, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Killer Instinct are good games. Those all games are great rated.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

As much as I believe Nintendo needs drastic change, let me put this as gently as I know how: **** NO.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

You really need to stop making threads. I can't put into words…

The only true hardcore system is the PC.

Half of Sonys games aren't hardcore, they're just beyond shit at marketing.

Nintendo isn't even 100% casual, the Wii was. the 3DS isn't, the Wii U isn't, they just don't know how to compete with it in the core market.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@farrell2k said:

Well, if Microsoft did buy Nintendo, they might actually turn a profit in their gaming endeavors, instead of losing billions every single year on the Xbox.

Or they still lose billions and Nintendo gets royally f***ed... like a former Nintendo affiliate.

If you're referring to RARE, you and I both know most of the original staff jumped ship even before MS bought them, it's not the developer name that makes games it's the people who work there. What's Nintendo's excuse for being a shadow of their former selves?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

Microsoft just paid money and asked them to make Kinect game. Well, Kinect Sports Rivals looks great, maybe it will be new Wii Sports but just better.

Perfect Dark Zero, Viva Piñata, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Killer Instinct are good games. Those all games are great rated.

Too bad many PD fans hated Zero (I'm not one of them as I like the game, but it's easy to see why many people feel Rare went downhill after playing it) as did Banjo fans did Nuts and Bolts. Even praised games can be hated on by it's audience. See:

-Metroid: Other M

-Star Fox Adventures/Assault

-Sonic Colors/Generations/Rush

-3D Mortal Kombat games (Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon)

-Tomb Raider: Legend

-TES: Oblivion/Skyrim

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl

-Tekken 6

Just saying...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HarlockJC

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@HarlockJC said:

Too bad Rare had nothing to do with the new Killer Instinct. If your looking forward to Kinect Sports Rival than your not really a Rare fan, your just a MS fan trying to defend their system. I am speaking as a fan of old school Rare games, not as a fan of one console over another.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@HarlockJC: Isn't KI technically an IP of theirs? They had to be involved in someway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Is this guy serious? Look at RARE... i rest my case.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HarlockJC

@nintendoboy16 said:

@HarlockJC: Isn't KI technically an IP of theirs? They had to be involved in someway.

Not really, the IP is owned by MS. MS can least it to other companies. That what Nintendo does all the time. Most the sports games are made by other companies. Most of the new Mario Sports games have been made by Square.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

This thread is shit, and you should feel like shit.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@tubbyc said:

It's not that easy. Bill did try back in 2004.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2004/08/05/nintendo-dismisses-microsoft-advances

Nintendo would never sell even if MS floated a blank check. But MS did try and should again. You just never know. But yeah, wouldn't bet on Nintendo, if they ever sold to a company, doing so to an American one.