Microsoft Should Buy Nintendo

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Really.

Sony - Hardcore 100%

Microsoft - Hardcore 50%, Casual 50%

Nintendo - Casual 100%

So, if we looking at Casual gaming, it needs online gaming, Kinect, stats, ranks, everything that Xbox One has.

Microsoft should buy Nintendo. Buying Nintendo means that they still keep Mario and Zelda.

So, in results we would still getting good casual games like Mario and Zelda but just with better Graphic, online, ranks, everything else.

Then it should be Sony on Hardcore, Microsoft on casual. We dont need 2 same platform having same hardcore multiplatform games like Assassins and Call of Duty.

Kinect alone is bigger than Wii U innovatsion.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

So much fail in one post it blows up my mind :O

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Microsoft would ruin Nintendo like they ruined rare. Nintendo franchises would plummet in quality right from the beginning.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Dumbest thread I've had the misfortune to read all day.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

Microsoft would ruin Nintendo like they ruined rare. Nintendo franchises would plummet in quality right from the beginning.

You stupid or what? Developers make game not Microsoft.

Blame developers.

Funny is that when Rare said we start making different type games then more people bought their games than their old classic games.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It's not that easy. Bill did try back in 2004.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2004/08/05/nintendo-dismisses-microsoft-advances

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

LOL at Nintendo being 100% casual when they have the only console EA can't sell sports games on.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Good luck with that

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A stupid thread deserves a stupid gif.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

And yet Nintendo games tend to have much higher challenge than anything Sony produces... Casuals more hardcore than hardcore confirmed?

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Nintendo isn't going anywhere. It's handhelds alone could keep them in business.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41560 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Well, if Microsoft did buy Nintendo, they might actually turn a profit in their gaming endeavors, instead of losing billions every single year on the Xbox.

Or they still lose billions and Nintendo gets royally f***ed... like a former Nintendo affiliate.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Dear god no. I'm in no way a fan of Nintendo's games but if MS bought them they'd be corporatized and lose their uniqueness. Sony would be almost as bad (but not quite) if they bought them.

Nintendo should stay in its own little bubble.

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Really.

Sony - Hardcore 100%

Nintendo - Casual 100%

So, if we looking at Casual gaming, it needs online gaming, Kinect, stats, ranks, everything that Xbox One has.

Microsoft should buy Nintendo. Buying Nintendo means that they still keep Mario and Zelda.

So, in results we would still getting good casual games like Mario and Zelda but just with better Graphic, online, ranks, everything else.

Then it should be Sony on Hardcore, Microsoft on casual. We dont need 2 same platform having same hardcore multiplatform games like Assassins and Call of Duty.

CoD and AC are to videogames what Justin Bieber and Eminem are to music. How can anyone think those games are more hardcore than Mario and Zelda?? Even the developers of CoD said that a lot of their audience arent even gamers.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

And yet Nintendo games tend to have much higher challenge than anything Sony produces... Casuals more hardcore than hardcore confirmed?

No they don't, and don't bring up that about the collectibles in the game to beat the Game 100% BS, It's not challenging at all, and is tedious as fawk. Some people don't know what a challenging game is. Sony and Nintendo are on the same boat except some of Sony's games actually have a hard mode.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#19  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

You should never post another thread.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pikminmaniac

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

No they don't, and don't bring up that about the collectibles in the game to beat the Game 100% BS, It's not challenging at all, and is tedious as fawk. Some people don't know what a challenging game is. Sony and Nintendo are on the same boat except some of Sony's games actually have a hard mode.

You haven't played a Nintendo game in a long time have you...

-Donkey Kong Country Returns (later levels, speed run medals, Golden temple levels, mirror mode)

-Sin and Punishment Star Successor (just generally difficult)

-New Super Mario Bros U (the challenge mode)

-Nintendo Land (Mastering every level)

-Pikmin 3 (achieving platinum medals in every challenge mode map)

Nintendo offers extremely high challenge that isn't just upping enemy health and damage. They offer carefully designed extra content that truly tests your proficiency of the games mechanics.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Holy shit, this topic is so stupid that I think you just ruined Christmas for everyone who read it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

No. Just no. I would be sick seeing an XU on the market.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joedgabe

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

-Donkey Kong Country Returns (later levels, speed run medals, Golden temple levels, mirror mode)

Nintendo offers extremely high challenge that isn't just upping enemy health and damage. They offer carefully designed extra content that truly tests your proficiency of the games mechanics.

I beat those two and they was a cake walk. I don't have a Wii U for the other 3 but based on the first 2 yea cake walk most likely. Specially when you type in Achieve everything, Master every level so and so, you sound like some guy back in the Arcade days saying the challenge lies in getting the highest possible score Vs actually playing a game that set's up the challenge with the gameplay. Here, if you ever have a PS3 or xbox360 play this game

Just try to beat it in normally, no 100% achievements or anything ( no point game itself through gameplay is the challenge so you don't have to force a challenge on yourself to make up for the game lacking one.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pikminmaniac

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I beat those two and they was a cake walk. I don't have a Wii U for the other 3 but based on the first 2 yea cake walk most likely. Specially when you type in Achieve everything, Master every level so and so, you sound like some guy back in the Arcade days saying the challenge lies in getting the highest possible score Vs actually playing a game that set's up the challenge with the gameplay. Here, if you ever have a PS3 or xbox360 play this game

Just try to beat it in normally, no 100% achievements or anything ( no point game itself through gameplay is the challenge so you don't have to force a challenge on yourself to make up for the game lacking one.

I have a PS3... It's how I'm playing Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter IV right now (I'm always playing Street Fighter IV). Those Nintendo games set up the challenges for you. It sounds like you might let credits decide for you if a game is done or not. If I enjoy a game, I like to experience everything the developers have offered.

Donkey Kong Country Returns offers perhaps some of the toughest challenge I've ever experienced in a game. Those speed run challenges are borderline impossible. They require you to play all the levels like those guys on youtube that you feel are way out of your league. You have to play PERFECTLY and cut every corner you possibly can.

I'm sure Resonance of Fate is a a challenging and fun game, but I've grown away from RPGs oddly enough. I used to think they were the greatest genre when I was younger, but now I've become more of an action gamer. Fighters, Hack n Slashes, platformers etc...

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joedgabe

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I have a PS3... It's how I'm playing Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter IV right now (I'm always playing Street Fighter IV). Those Nintendo games set up the challenges for you. It sounds like you might let credits decide for you if a game is done or not. If I enjoy a game, I like to experience everything the developers have offered.

Donkey Kong Country Returns offers perhaps some of the toughest challenge I've ever experienced in a game. Those speed run challenges are borderline impossible. They require you to play all the levels like those guys on youtube that you feel are way out of your league. You have to play PERFECTLY and cut every corner you possibly can.

I'm sure Resonance of Fate is a a challenging and fun game, but I've grown away from RPGs oddly enough. I used to think they were the greatest genre when I was younger, but now I've become more of an action gamer. Fighters, Hack n Slashes, platformers etc...

I honestly really didn't find Donkey kong :CR challenging at all, i found the older Donkey Kong titles a lot harder but then again i was a lot younger. Most likely i might just be too used to platformers by now, but I did find a reasonable challenge in Rayman Origins.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I honestly really didn't find Donkey kong :CR challenging at all, i found the older Donkey Kong titles a lot harder but then again i was a lot younger. Most likely i might just be too used to platformers by now, but I did find a reasonable challenge in Rayman Origins.

That's interesting. I love Rayman Origins to pieces, but it was a cakewalk in comparison to the challenge Donkey Kong Country Returns offers. I'm a platformer nut and tend to 100% every platformer I can get my hands on, but Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of the only platformers to ever best me. I've accepted that I will never complete it. I've managed 198% completion on the save file, but that doesn't include the speed run challenges.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

A fairly unanimous "No" seems to be forming.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: says the guy that made the dumb thread. Rare's old games are far better than anything they have put out to date. Funny how we forget how good the original GoldenEye, perfect dark, and even banjo kazooie were before Microsoft bought them. Rare doesn't even get to make killer instinct anymore. Rare is a shell of their former self and the same would happen to nintendo if they were bought by Microsoft.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Really.

Sony - Hardcore 100%

Nintendo - Casual 100%

Sony is not for "hardcore gamers"

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

LOL Wow I didn't know it was possible for someone to post something so wrong LOL

MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

Why... So they can do to Nintendo what they did to Rare??? Microsoft Studios is a game developer "graveyard"!

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I think the thing you are missing is that the Nintendo games actually require you to go for most of those "100% achievements" to actually play the later levels. You don't have to force any challenge on yourself. You can't play the whole game if you don't get all of the extras. Nintendo does a really great job of making games that anyone can play and feel like they have won, yet include enough content beyond the main storyline (lol) to satisfy the most hardcore among their fans.

El_Garbanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 El_Garbanzo
Member since 2012 • 296 Posts

2 piles of s..t together just makes a bigger pile

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

A thread with this level of stupidity actually requires effort.

Well done.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I don't like Microsoft at all, but I value the competition all three bring. Choices are good for consumers.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Oh man, those percentages with the "hardcore" rating is hilarious.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

So much wrong in the first post.. ridiculous.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

That would be a horrible idea.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#40 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Nobody I repeat nobody is responsible enough to own Nintendo as sony would ruin them by not releasing enough ,

and Microsoft would make them do all kenict crap like they do rare ,

so with that said since nintendos perfect on their own and their software is good on their own , and nintnedos not in any danger of bankrupt . and has the 3ds and wiiu , pushing respectable numbers since the release of quality titles, have fun trying to persuade them to sell to other companys it just wont happen

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I'm 37 years old I've seen a lot of companies come and go in gaming. Microsoft is the worst god damn company I've ever seen in the industry. I would love to see M$ crash and burn over Nintendo.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: For threads like this you need to look at the financial ramifications.

• Nintendo is a ~18.64 billion dollar company who would not sell for anywhere near that, especially to an American giant like Microsoft.
  • Also, why would Microsoft buy Nintendo? How would they recoup the billions of dollars they spent on Nintendo?
  • What would they do with the existing staff working at Nintendo?

Then there are many, many more important factors that I am sure I omitted. Microsoft buying Nintendo doesn't make any sense to me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Really.

Sony - Hardcore 100%

Nintendo - Casual 100%

M$ has a terrible track record of fostering and cultivating tremendous AAA talent they bought. If what you proposed happened, within five years what we know as Nintendo would be dead. The "Nintendo" bankable name would exist and M$ would surely use the Mario/Zelda characters/name, but there would most likely be a huge Nintendo talent exodus. Bungie jumped ship, RARE all but destroyed, and is in name only a shell of what it once was. Ensemble was shut down...those are some of the big names, the bought talent list is longer. I can't imagine M$ trying to grow and simply maintain the incredibly unique Nintendo culture...what nightmare scenario.

No, I can't agree to this proposal looking at M$'s long history...unless I wanted Nintendo to die as they are, then I would agree it's a good idea. I wouldn't want that. That would result in less awesome games than we get today. As a gamer, I don't desire less amazing games.

Speaking of less amazing games: I already hate the timed exclusives idea, that ALREADY results in less games, but gamers don't realize it. Instead of money going towards developing a new product, we get a previously multiplatform game exclusive for some months. Big whoop.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

...and ruin them like they did with Rare?

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: No, that's a bad idea. Their philosophies are too fundamentally different.

Even a buy out did happen in the future, Nintendo wouldn't resemble anything like the company we have today. At first everyone would think that's a good thing and point to the Wii U as the reason why, but then we wouldn't have the a system like the 3DS and all the awesome games that have been coming out for it.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

IntelligenceFreeLife at it again

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#48  Edited By Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Really.

Sony - Hardcore 50%, Casual 50%

Nintendo - Hardcore 50%, Casual 50%

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

I rather them die in dignity, then become a dead corps that M$ reanimates once in a while to make shame their name with shovel ware kinect games. Look what they did to rare now it is shoval rare!

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

I think you should....I honestly don't have the words for this thread. Someone lock this crap.