Microsoft got into the console business to "beat Sony," succeeded.

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

it was actually nintendo that stopped sony lol 

mariokart64fan

It's not true. Without the 360 as an alternative, PS3 would have taken off in a big way. Between the 360 and PS3 there are 140m gamers split down the centre.

-

Anyway, it's good they did it. I'd hate a console industry ruled by one party. Right now we have 3, we have choice. And MS brought the emphasis on westeren games, which is awesome for me, cause i'm not as big on Japanese games as I thought I was. Turns out there just wasn't any other choice before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

Sony is in last place. No way they sold 7 million Consoles in two months. 

MBirdy88

Not hard to do since MS sold about 6 in 3 months. PS3 sells faster, deal with it Lem.

Ofcourse more PS3's have sold now, because the system is entirely hackable, its like the wii/ds/psp all over again :lol: hell I have been tempted by the idea that "pay £140 once and get all its content with working multiplayer and added hacks for free" .... YARRR DEM SONY CONSOLES BE FLYING OFF THE SHORES!

Nobody wants to tackle the real "elephant in the room" .... about the fact that PS3 hardware sales have increased more so since the second unstoppable hack has emerged? Poor developers supporting piratestation3. no wonder sony is selling buildings :lol:
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Not hard to do since MS sold about 6 in 3 months. PS3 sells faster, deal with it Lem.

MBirdy88
Ofcourse more PS3's have sold now, because the system is entirely hackable, its like the wii/ds/psp all over again :lol: hell I have been tempted by the idea that "pay £140 once and get all its content with working multiplayer and added hacks for free" .... YARRR DEM SONY CONSOLES BE FLYING OFF THE SHORES!

Nobody wants to tackle the real "elephant in the room" .... about the fact that PS3 hardware sales have increased more so since the second unstoppable hack has emerged? Poor developers supporting piratestation3. no wonder sony is selling buildings :lol:

youre first troll was so bad that you had to quote yourself?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I stopped reading at the title where it says "succeeded".

Microsoft? Really?

GamerwillzPS

They built a very strong brand around the Xbox 360 and created a healthy platform with an expansive library of games, and they brought huge improvements to console on-line gaming and made it good and easy to use (though XBL fees are becoming harder and harder to justify with each year due to the competition (Sony) catching up to their standards, while keeping it free)...

Now, you may not like their new direction with Kinect, less focus on exclusives, etc, but that's just your personal preference. From a business standpoint, despite the issues like RRoD, this gen was a success for them...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I read that on IGN.

Think of how much better things would be if there was just the PS3 with the 360's operating system and online features.

Though System Wars would be a little boring...

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

So basically M$ did it for teh lulz ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Ofcourse more PS3's have sold now, because the system is entirely hackable, its like the wii/ds/psp all over again :lol: hell I have been tempted by the idea that "pay £140 once and get all its content with working multiplayer and added hacks for free" .... YARRR DEM SONY CONSOLES BE FLYING OFF THE SHORES!

how is it trolling when its accurate? :S
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
I don't belive they did that to "stop Sony" :p it's kind of inmature motive to enter market. Well in that case... somebody need to enter OS market to "stop Microsoft" from there Win8 insinity!
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ultraking
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Nobody wants to tackle the real "elephant in the room" .... about the fact that PS3 hardware sales have increased more so since the second unstoppable hack has emerged? Poor developers supporting piratestation3. no wonder sony is selling buildings :lol:

don't know anything about pirating ps3 games. just thought it was pretty lame that you had to quote yourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ultraking"]youre first troll was so bad that you had to quote yourself? ultraking

don't know anything about pirating ps3 games. just thought it was pretty lame that you had to quote yourself

I thought it was lame the drastic point was ignored, hence why I quoted myself, I guess cows love denial.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] how is it trolling when its accurate? :SMBirdy88

I thought it was lame the drastic point was ignored, hence why I quoted myself, I guess cows love denial.

I think they ignored it cause they don't care. A sale is a sale. They already got your money from buying the console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ultraking"]don't know anything about pirating ps3 games. just thought it was pretty lame that you had to quote yourself ultraking

I think they ignored it cause they don't care. A sale is a sale

Except that standard is removed when PC comes into play for them how conveniant.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ultraking
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] I thought it was lame the drastic point was ignored, hence why I quoted myself, I guess cows love denial.

I think they ignored it cause they don't care. A sale is a sale

Except that standard is removed when PC comes into play for them how conveniant.

you should make a new thread about it
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#114 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Did MS beat Sony in terms of units sold this gen? of course they did. Will they win next gen? Probably not.

The build quality issues of the 360 has boosted their numbers and but must have harmed their credibility as a manfufacturer for the 720. Having bought both consoles this gen, I don't have much confidence in MS even though the 360 is my gaming console of choice. I'm on my 3rd Xbox now and their reputation isn't worth much in my house.

Think of it like this: if you were looking for a new house phone, you could buy Sony with confidence but would you say the same for MS? After my experiences with them they are on the same level as some cheap unknown brand in terms of hardware quality and have a lot of ground to make up.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Did MS beat Sony in terms of units sold this gen? of course they did. Will they win next gen? Probably not.

The build quality issues of the 360 has boosted their numbers and but must have harmed their credibility as a manfufacturer for the 720. Having bought both consoles this gen, I don't have much confidence in MS even though the 360 is my gaming console of choice. I'm on my 3rd Xbox now and their reputation isn't worth much in my house.

Think of it like this: if you were looking for a new house phone, you could buy Sony with confidence but would you say the same for MS? After my experiences with them they are on the same level as some cheap unknown brand in terms of hardware quality and have a lot of ground to make up.

RocKtheCasbaH
Which doesn't make sense when you consider the Xbox was incredibly reliable and the PS2 was not. I went through 3 PS2's, and am only on my second 360. Both Sony and Microsoft have had their hiccups, it just so happens the PS3 is the most reliable console Sony has made whilst the 360 is Microsofts least reliable.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

MicroGOD had dominated, but that was also because Sony dropped core and went 100% movie to chase Hollywood's(lol) pot of gold.

PS4TW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PS4TW
Member since 2013 • 45 Posts
Microsoft did not 'beat' Sony. Beating Sony implies they conclusively ended up ahead of them, which they didn't. They did damage Sony, it's standing, its marketshare, its credibility, but Sony still managed to pull back in spite of all their stupid fumbles, and in spite of Microsoft being as aggressive as they were at the beginning of the gen.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
.... Sony was more or less their own worse enemy this generation.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

1. Microsoft target is not Sony, it is Apple and Google, the big three. Sony and Nintendo are like 2 goats in between 3 elephants, trying not to get underfoot and become a red stain on the ground.

2. Control of the living room means control of TV, media, advertising and content delivery, this synergize with desktop, mobile and phones.

3. Sony spend %90 of their energy making exclusives. MS spend %90 of their energy making tools for third-party development, and turning Live into the ultimate cable box.

4. I doubt Sony even realize what the stakes are. They prolly think it's about competition for video games.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Microsoft did not 'beat' Sony. Beating Sony implies they conclusively ended up ahead of them, which they didn't. They did damage Sony, it's standing, its marketshare, its credibility, but Sony still managed to pull back in spite of all their stupid fumbles, and in spite of Microsoft being as aggressive as they were at the beginning of the gen.PS4TW

MS gained market share, SOny lost market share.

MS made money, Sony lost money.

MS succeeded its goals, Sony failed its goals.

MS is on the cusp of taking over the planet. Sony is on the cusp of not existing.

Sony offer : Non-stop first party exclusives, non-stop core gamer focus, free online, totally serving the customer -> People still prefer 360 because it's better

MS offer : Pay for online, Kinect focus, treating the customer like schit -> Still stick to 360 because there's no alternative, nowhere else to go, PS3 is not a good product.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Everyone knows M$ are scumbags.

Jankarcop
No more a "scumbag" then Sony. 2K Sports did the same thing to beat EA Sports. lol!! Competition is good. They may not have stopped Sony, but they took a HUGE amount of market shares from Sony and the Playstation Brand is no longer the dominate brand that it used to be. Sony had also been losing billions since the PS3 launched. Microsoft may not make much profit from their hardware, but that's why they have XBox Live. They've been making money from that since the original XBox. Sony hasn't made that much from PSN. HOME was a complete failure. Does it even exist still?
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Xbox purchase day one, PS4 wait and see, not happy with there so call great games, will probably never purchase another nintendo product.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

RocKtheCasbaH
The original XBox was solid and didn't have many issues at all. The PS2 had the DRE issue that Sony kepted denying (of course). Sure the XBox 360 had it's issue this gen, but the Playstation hasn't been anymore reliable. The PS1couldn't even read a CD unless you turned it on it's side or upside-down after playing it for a couple years. Sony was aware of this, but never offered any solution or refunds. Their solution was "But another Playstation". lol!! Nintendo is really the only company that has a decent track record with their game consoles and handhelds. Besides the "what the hell was Nintendo thinking" Virtual Boy, all their other systems were well made and lasted a long time.
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts
.... Sony was more or less their own worse enemy this generation.sSubZerOo
I agree. Had Sony dropped the focus on Cell, and just made a console with a more primitive CPU and a powerfull GPU, it would'nt have been so hard to develop on. Then they would have had tons of enjoyable games at release and MS would have struggled to keep up. I know the Cell is the reason why the PS3 has had those great looking games on it, but they could have had close to the same result with a more primitive architecture and removed alot of those bottlenecks. Sony has learned there lesson though, if we look at the rumored specs of the PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

RocKtheCasbaH
Oh please, you are overblowing the issue, I went through 3 PS2s yet that didnt get rid of consumor confidence. systesm break, you have to wait a week or 2, OH NO.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"].... Sony was more or less their own worse enemy this generation.Martin_G_N
I agree. Had Sony dropped the focus on Cell, and just made a console with a more primitive CPU and a powerfull GPU, it would'nt have been so hard to develop on. Then they would have had tons of enjoyable games at release and MS would have struggled to keep up. I know the Cell is the reason why the PS3 has had those great looking games on it, but they could have had close to the same result with a more primitive architecture and removed alot of those bottlenecks. Sony has learned there lesson though, if we look at the rumored specs of the PS4.

Thats just it though their games weren't THAT impressive to make that the deciding factor on which console to get they were neck and neck the majority of the time.. Then we had questionable decisions like little ram in which it stopped from ever having a party system, cross game chat, etc etc. 

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

They should worry less about Sony and more about how they are perceived by the world. They came across as a greedy money grabbing software company and now look much the same in two failed generations of console manufacturing.

If the whole purpose of MS entering the console race was to "beat Sony" or be first in sales, they have failed at every possible measure.

FragTycoon
I hate to break it to you but every corporation of MS's caliber is seen as a money grabbing machine. I don't understand why people who like Sony think they aren't the same way, when they are. That is their job and that is their business. To make money. Please just stop.
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

[QUOTE="Martin_G_N"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"].... Sony was more or less their own worse enemy this generation.sSubZerOo

Thats just it though their games weren't THAT impressive to make that the deciding factor on which console to get they were neck and neck the majority of the time.. Then we had questionable decisions like little ram in which it stopped from ever having a party system, cross game chat, etc etc. 

Yeah, but if the hardware had not been so hard to develop on, and cost Sony so much, I think we would have seen more first party titles from them, and at the same time, better performance on multiplats.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#130 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Microsoft? Really?

Rocker6

They built a very strong brand around the Xbox 360 and created a healthy platform with an expansive library of games, and they brought huge improvements to console on-line gaming and made it good and easy to use (though XBL fees are becoming harder and harder to justify with each year due to the competition (Sony) catching up to their standards, while keeping it free)...

Now, you may not like their new direction with Kinect, less focus on exclusives, etc, but that's just your personal preference. From a business standpoint, despite the issues like RRoD, this gen was a success for them...

well said, and that's why this is pointless here in SW. MS is bad, greedy, and Sony are white knights that didn't have to be sued, in order to admit dre was their fault in ps2. Its business not personal. People here get all emotional about it. I buy what I like use. When I don't anymore I won't buy it. I don't need to hate a company for not doing business the way I would. Its probably why I'm not in business, they make money I couldn't.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Word. Thank you BasedMicrosoft. Badosh
*laughs* I know where you got that from.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Microsoft? Really?

cainetao11

well said, and that's why this is pointless here in SW. MS is bad, greedy, and Sony are white knights that didn't have to be sued, in order to admit dre was their fault in ps2. Its business not personal. People here get all emotional about it. I buy what I like use. When I don't anymore I won't buy it. I don't need to hate a company for not doing business the way I would. Its probably why I'm not in business, they make money I couldn't.

Yeah, fanboys are a miserable bunch. Gaming industry is a highly dynamic, ever changing enviroment that consists of businesses whose goal is obviously to make money. Since their way of making money can easily end up conflicting with your personal preferences, its never a good idea to get emotionally attatched to some product or a corporation.

It's important to look at products and their features, not the brand names. Pick a product that works out the best for you in a given point in time, and you're set...

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#133 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
Just gonna say this to this comment of beating Sony. They won one Battle for ONE generation! The war isnt over just yet....
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

For exclusive awesome games and giving gamers the games they love.

MS slowed them down but Sony never forgets about the gamers. Even late this gen they bring us Sly Cooper knowing it probably won't be the biggest seller and The Last Of Us and many more this year.

GOD bless Sony for there commitment to the gamers. Microsoft did good this gen, but Gears Of War Judgement this year is a crap toss just to keep there gamers from wineing about dead Xbox 360 until next gen.

Sony by far cares the most about there fans. Just saying because its true. They fail a lot but they try there best to deliver.

MS can try all there dirty tactics but in the end when it comes down to just games, Sony had many more quality exclusives and variety of games.

PS3>>>>>>Xbox 360>>>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>>>WiiU lol needed better launch games, for right now its a crapper until good games come out.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mrmedia01

Just gonna say this to this comment of beating Sony. They won one Battle for ONE generation! The war isnt over just yet....jwsoul

Sony I am sure is going to come out guns blazing at launch with PS4. Just to further bury the WiiU and to tell the Xbox 720 your not the only beast on the block.

Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

Sony offer : Non-stop first party exclusives, non-stop core gamer focus, free online, totally serving the customer -> People still prefer 360 because it's better

MS offer : Pay for online, Kinect focus, treating the customer like schit -> Still stick to 360 because there's no alternative, nowhere else to go, PS3 is not a good product.

ZombieKiller7
Lol you are a deluded. The "product" is all the things you listed and the boxes themselves essentially function exactly the same. I couldn't care less whether you believe MS "beat" Sony or not, but to say the PS3 is a bad product is just dishonest. Sony's troubles have been largely a result of their own hubris. Launching a $600 console a year after their competition with hardly any games was a disaster. Microsoft gained a solid foothold on this gen in the year leading up to and following the disastrous launch of the PS3. But keep believing an imaginary product inferiority is the cause if it makes you feel better about your console choice.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#137 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

MS slowed them down but Sony never forgets about the gamers. Even late this gen they bring us Sly Cooper knowing it probably won't be the biggest seller and The Last Of Us and many more this year.

GOD bless Sony for there commitment to the gamers. Microsoft did good this gen, but Gears Of War Judgement this year is a crap toss just to keep there gamers from wineing about dead Xbox 360 until next gen.

Sony by far cares the most about there fans. Just saying because its true. They fail a lot but they try there best to deliver.

MS can try all there dirty tactics but in the end when it comes down to just games, Sony had many more quality exclusives and variety of games.

PS3>>>>>>Xbox 360>>>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>>>WiiU lol needed better launch games, for right now its a crapper until good games come out.

Mrmedia01
I don't agree. If Sony had "cared" about gamers they wouldn't have left personal information unprotected as they did. They don't care about any of us. They just have a strategy that you and many really like. Its still about making money to them. But if it makes you feel good believing there is some emotional investment from a corporation than that's cool.
tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

I think I remember reading somthing about MSoft goal was to stop Sony and The PlayStation brand for becoming the number one home entertainment device. Thats why Msoft focus is on making the Xbox a media hub. Msoft are spending billions just to prevent this.PSP107

It sounds so heroic and nobel of them when they spin it that way..

But we all know its because they want to have the NR.1 brand in the living room. So they have another monopoly from where they can spin gold from costumers;)

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

prepare for weeaboo cows meltdown.Tessellation

inb4 kuraimen

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]Sony will die soon enough. Thank god. sonic1564

Yeah, especially since they dropped core and went 100% movie to chase Hollywood's (lol) pot of gold.

:lol:
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 brofists
Member since 2011 • 2120 Posts
You can't bring up the word shady without thinking of M$ first. Of course Sony cares about profit like all big companies do, But they also don't f*ck the comsumer over like M$ does for any marginal profit gain. *cough* xbl *cough, And the fact that M$ likes to stiffle competition, and forces developers to adhere to their whacky demands or else, is further alarming. Id say M$ is the worst of the big 3, and is least for the consumer or for competition(out of the big three) The industry would've been far better off without M$, and their blind loyalist drones, What M$ brought to gaming: The charging of basic online play, introducing the cash money grab DLC craze, the milking of Halo,Gears,Forza repeatedly(really the only exclusives they have, which are still lackluster exclusives) So i.e basically the attitude of quality isnt important and exclusives don't matter. And the fact M$ brought with it or either turned people into some of the most idiotic and blind fanboys ever,which have ruined the fun aspect of gaming with their fanaticism, and negativity. M$ brought more bad then good.They truly are a shady company of corporate d-bags whom are way out of touch with reality , whom delusional fanboys seem to gravitate towards
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 brofists
The reason the 360 sold well, is because people had to keep buying 360's until they finally got one that worked too lmao ROD absolutely infalted sales, But this was before M$ was forced to do anything about PROD. Remember, M$ was trying to sweep it all under the rug at first, they were even....I kid you not...saying, "well you people are crazy. 360's don't PROD" I mean it was INSANE. The people at M$ must be delusional politicians. I mean the current vice president of M$ is so out of touch with reality, its just more insanity M$ is run by a bunch of delusinal corporate fatcats in 3-piece suites, whom are oblivious to the people, reality, and just don't have a clue. But either way M$ tried to deny it for 2 years, until finally they were forced to do something. So anyway, My 360 wentt PROD and i called M$ about it, The M$ people on the phone were so rude, and weren't willing to do anything about the PROD. I even asked them, if they could please give me at least some advice- if there was anything I could do myself. And those M$ a$$holes still blew me off
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Thank you MS for the best console of all time:  The xbox 360.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mrmedia01

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

cainetao11

I don't agree. If Sony had "cared" about gamers they wouldn't have left personal information unprotected as they did. They don't care about any of us. They just have a strategy that you and many really like. Its still about making money to them. But if it makes you feel good believing there is some emotional investment from a corporation than that's cool.

Exactly, I love there strategy because it makes me happy and I go where the good games are. If Xbox 720 is better next gen with games,  they will be my first choice, I am not bias. I don't pick Sony this gen just for the company, I do it because they released a lot of games I like and continue to do so even at the tail end of this gen.

brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 brofists
I dont know if its funny or sad how M$ is always so fixated on Sony and everything Sony does Talk about a creepy stalker, but coporation wise lol In fact M$ started out as a cheap knock off immiation of the playstation brand, They still have done really nothing to be better or differentiate themselfes The PS3 destroyed the 360 when it came to everything that truly mattered to real gamers (better graphics, free online, blue ray, more friendly consumer options, the vastly superior exclusives ect and I could go on and on) (PS3 exclusives dominated 360 exclusives this gen by quality, quanitity, and diversity) When Microsoft says they went into the console market to beat Sony, the fact is they have finished in last place every gen so far Thats even more embarrassing! LOL so hopefully Sony kills off their little stalker Microsoft in the next gen once and for all This industry would be much better off without M$, their anti consumer policies, and their blind loyalist drones who defend them, many of them being paid shills. So thankfully when M$ goes they will go too!
hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 hardmicro
Member since 2012 • 644 Posts
Microsoft released a gimped console in the 360. There has also been little to no games for it for a while! Just the boring yearly sequels of Gears, Halo, and Forza lol. If thats any further indication, I hope Microsoft gets beat out of the console market! Microsoft needs to die now
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 brofists
[QUOTE="hardmicro"]Microsoft released a gimped console in the 360. There has also been little to no games for it for a while! Just the boring yearly sequels of Gears,Halo, and Forza lol. If thats any further indication, I hope Microsoft gets beat out of the console market! Microsoft needs to die now

"Microsoft released a gimped console in the 360" ^ that especially!!! At 600$ the PS3 was still a far more bang for your buck value then the 360 was The 360 may have appeared cheaper, but it came with a lot of hidden fees which in total raised its price higher then the price of the PS3. Like the price of xbl, the blatant money grab that was the M$ wi-fi adaptor, having to buy a 100$ hard drive for a better experience, having to buy battery packs ect. When it was all said and done, the 360 cost MUCH more to get it running to its fullest potential. The PS3 came out of the box ready to go! (No M$ money grabs, no XBL, and no hidden fees) And the fact that the 360 came out with ancient old tech, that makes it all the more worse. While the PS3 came out with cutting edge tech like blue ray, the cell, and had wi-fi installed into the console..... And still it cost less in total to play the PS3 the way it was fully itended to, then it cost to play the 360 the way that M$ lead you to believe you would be able to - when you first bought it at its intial smoke screen price. Hidden from consumers were the fees that it took to start playing the 360 the way that M$ fully intended it to be played. Its crazy how M$ deceived consumers. And what is worse is how media perpuated Microsoft's lies and how people were stupid enough to fall for it all. That wont ever happen again, especially not in this day and age! People are more knowledgable now. M$ will be called out on their b.s this time. The notion that the 360 was cheaper is non sense. You had to buy a 100$ wi-fi adapter, and start paying 50 $ a year for xbl just to play the console online...oh and if you wanted a hard drive,that was another 100$ more. Then there were the battery packs too....as has all been previously mentioned before. The PS3 came without any of those fees attached, all the while having more cutting edge tech inside it! If you were an educated and or informed consumer that had done your research, you'd know that the PS3 had more bang for your buck value then the 360. Not to mention, it(the PS3) had its share of great exclusives released within a year after its launch. And for every year since then, after that first year, from late 2007 - up untill now in 2013, the PS3 has been crushing the 360 in quality of exclusives and in quanity of exclusives, and by diversity of exclusives. PS3 exclusives simply dominate by ever measure! BOTTOM LINE, The PS3 has very arguably been one of the greatest consoles of all time(awesome graphics, great and diverse amount of many stellar exclusives, blue ray, free online, great controller, lots more consumer friendly options then its competitor) M$ and their paid shills can suck it from us-the real gamers out there I want to see Sony give M$ a taste of their own medicine and blast Microsoft away with all the tactics they tried to use on them. Microsoft really needs to be given a taste of their own medicine
hardmicro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 hardmicro
Member since 2012 • 644 Posts
The PS3 has very arguably been one of the greatest consoles of all time(awesome graphics, great and diverse amount of many stellar exclusives, blue ray, free online, great controller, lots more consumer friendly options then its competitor) brofists
I couldnt agree more. PS3 exclusives are some of the best games of this generation. Many of m y favorite games are PS3 exclusives. Blue ray is awesome. Free online is awesome! The PS3 is my greatest console of all time! Grear post by the way! [Quote="brofists"]M$ and their paid shills can suck it from us-the real gamers out there. I want to see Sony give M$ a taste of their own medicine and blast Microsoft away with all the tactics they tried to use on them. Microsoft really needs to be given a taste of their own medicine

I would like to see that happen too
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 brofists
Using a basketball analogy Microsoft is like the kid who wasn't picked for the team by Sony Since then Microsoft has been bitter. Its turned Microsoft delusional in fact! Microsoft decides to start their own team to get back at Sony, like a bunch of teenagers (See, Sony is in the industry because they care about putting out quality products for core gamers. Mean while Microsoft entered the console market out of delusional spite, because Sony didnt accept them and their b.s...or because Microsoft was threatened by Sony, which that sows how weak Microsoft is) So anyway, Microsoft then puts together an inferior team to Sony's team,, while acting like real douches, and claiming themselfes better. Sony never cares or aknowledges them LOL Sony's team wins the last gen, and comes in second for this gen While Microsoft finishes dead LAST two gens in a row lol The only reason why Microsoft was even able to get close, is because Sony wasnt at their best, but now Sony is at their best and will be at their best for the PS4, and through out all the PS4's life cycle etc Here's what i want to see happen though! I want to see Sony really go up against Microsoft and annihilate Microsoft with their own tactics I want to see Sony just go up to Microsoft's team and punk them badly
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

Thank you MS for the best console of all time:  The xbox 360.

jimmypsn
Thanking ms a console with the worst hardware failure rate of all time, I have heard it all now.