Microsoft doesn't care about the games industry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PS_Family
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts
And that's why they are going to end in a distant third.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
The effects of consoles on the PC game Industry is fact!!!! a good exmaple would be games like ut 2004 to ut3

Pc gaming before consoles!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8DBvVioW0

the effects of consoles on the pc game Industry. They were going only have this game on console. It game would have flaped only 500 sold and the other 500 was on PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MYZDQ0d0vk

from quaility to garbage!!! enough said!!!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS? Broman6015

this is soo true. you'd be lyucky to have psn on par with nintendos thing without MS to egg sony on.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.The_Game21x

These posts amaze me.

Again; microsoft has fewer development studios than Sony. Despite that, they actually let some of said studios go last year, like bungie and Bizarre.

Explain to me how on earth you can say the company which actually owns the least developers and development studio is monopolising the market.

Seriously. Will i get an explanation? Probably not. Because the trend in this thread seems to be "post biased opinions... leave before someone replies".

Lets go beyond the developers and just look at the fact that MS isn't the only console manufacturer out there, making it completely impossible for them to have a monopoly. They aren't even in first place in the console business.It is virtually impossible for MS to be a monopoly unless they buy out Nintendo and Sony and we know how likely that is to happen..

Well, that's only if you look at it in a logical frame of mind. If you put yourself in the mindset of a SW fanboy, then that Microsoft takeover isn't just inevitable, but it's going to happen yesterday.

Yeah, I forgot the success of the Wii only happened because MS let it happen and that it was their diabolical plan to have the 360 get overtaken by it. Because in system wars, that's what a potential videogame monopoly is made of...

Jeez.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

And that's why they are going to end in a distant third.PS_Family

and ps3 will end up 2nd? which isn't 1st and by cow standards is still dead last lol.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts
In case you forgot this is all about video games and your making it sound like the end of the world.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

I kinda see what you mean. Back then before the Xbox arrived, I remembered each console had their unique set of games and multiplats were rare. MS are really relying on 3rd party alot, and it won't be good for them in the long run. Unless they somehow stack up on their 1st party with good games, then I'd expect Sony will stay above. Sony is unique, MS is...uh..I like Halo and Gears?sargentbotk

Microsoft Studios has a lot of games under its belt. Perhaps they may not be unique, but it has more than enough to keep them alive. Personally, I'm excited about Fable 2.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.heretrix

These posts amaze me.

Again; microsoft has fewer development studios than Sony. Despite that, they actually let some of said studios go last year, like bungie and Bizarre.

Explain to me how on earth you can say the company which actually owns the least developers and development studio is monopolising the market.

Seriously. Will i get an explanation? Probably not. Because the trend in this thread seems to be "post biased opinions... leave before someone replies".

Lets go beyond the developers and just look at the fact that MS isn't the only console manufacturer out there, making it completely impossible for them to have a monopoly. They aren't even in first place in the console business.It is virtually impossible for MS to be a monopoly unless they buy out Nintendo and Sony and we know how likely that is to happen..

Well, that's only if you look at it in a logical frame of mind. If you put yourself in the mindset of a SW fanboy, then that Microsoft takeover isn't just inevitable, but it's going to happen yesterday.

Yeah, I forgot the success of the Wii only happened because MS let it happen and that it was their diabolical plan to have the 360 get overtaken by it. Because in system wars, that's what a potential videogame monopoly is made of...

Jeez.

yea stealing pc tittles and pissing off the pc game fans while they do it!

These days I can't find interplay or the pc gamers beloved fallout games no more! IN stead I get a console post and the same game fallout. A game devs that don't care about there fans no More!

From this game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3PXiV95kwA

to this and the game devs don't even care about PC gamers!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:Keenzach

if it did i would literally crap my pants with laughter

lol don't think that MS hasn't tried, they most definitely tried to get MGS4 on the 360, but Kojima is no money worshipper, quality comes before money and kojima undertands that . MGS4 would never have been the same if Kojima had be suckerd in by MS's money.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="Keenzach"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:Swift_Boss_A

lol don't think that MS hasn't tried, they most definitely tried to get MGS4 on the 360, but Kojima is no money worshipper, quality comes before money and kojima undertands that . MGS4 would never have been the same if Kojima had be suckerd in by MS's money.

Dude, he did it last gen. I'm saving this post for future ownage.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Keenzach"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:Swift_Boss_A

and whats that? oh i know a truely bad game after the fact that didn't deserve the 10's it got, the game truely is what the haters say and thats quite simply a movie disguised as a game, which is exactly why after first week sales its sales plummited.

I do love the fact you seem to believe your an industry insider and know the ins and out of what money was given to who and who refused..I hadn't known kojima said microsoft had tried to pay him. hmmm

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blackdreamhunk
Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!xsubtownerx
your 360 is sooooo old!! enough said! I wonder how meny disks it takes to run a PC game tittle these days!
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="Keenzach"]

And yet again, you're prattling on about MS's money and how they buy everything out.

I'm still waiting on you to prove it, any of it, and I've been waiting an awfully long time.

So come on, enough with the baseless claims. It's put up or shut up time.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="Keenzach"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:xsubtownerx

future ownage :| dude MGS4 is done, the game didn't suffer due to multiplat development. I don't care if it goes multiplat now but I'm certain it wont due to the huge sales and the amount of Playstation and Apple references in the game.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xsubtownerx

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!blackdreamhunk
your 360 is sooooo old!! enough said! I wonder how meny disks it takes to run a PC game tittle these days!

I know what PCs don't need to run the better version of games, blu-ray. :lol:

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

Doesnt not Dont....grammer people, its important!

sparkypants

Come on people, spelling it's important too! (GrammAr)

As for this whole M$ cares no one bit for the games industry - grow up. How naive can you be? M$ has developed the greatest online system available. There achievement system, however flawed, has been copied by Sony in the form of the trophy system. The fact is that M$, Sony and Nintendo are all companies whose existence is based on one thing - money.

What is wrong with M$ spending it's money? Square-Enix and the like did not agree to develop their previously exclusive PS3 games under duress. They chose to because it is becoming increasingly more costly to develop games and to then limit your target audience makes no business sense whatsoever!

As sad a statement as it may be, money is what makes the world go around.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!xsubtownerx

he's a hermit not a sony fanboy

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Yes, MS invested billions of dollars into the games industry because they don't care about it :roll: MS has been in the games industry longer than Sony - now that they've demonstrated they can be profitable in the console market, we suddenly start hearing "MS is evil". Because they're beating your company of choice?

"They they stole FF13!" riiiiiiiight "stole" - sorry, this isn't a communist tyranny, one company (be it sony, microsoft, or nintendo) doesn't just get to say "those third parties were mine! I saw them... technically second because I "stole" that exclusive from Nintendo"..... (*cough* FF VI - SNES, FF VII - PS1)

subrosian

THANK YOU! A lot of people here fail to realize that MS has been in the gaming market FOR A LONG TIME! They know what they are doing and that is what has gotten them this far.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 st1ka

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!blackdreamhunk

so you're saying you upgrade your PC every year?

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="sparkypants"]

Doesnt not Dont....grammer people, its important!

Rikuide_Furame

Come on people, spelling it's important too! (GrammAr)

As for this whole M$ cares no one bit for the games industry - grow up. How naive can you be? M$ has developed the greatest online system available. There achievement system, however flawed, has been copied by Sony in the form of the trophy system. The fact is that M$, Sony and Nintendo are all companies whose existence is based on one thing - money.

What is wrong with M$ spending it's money? Square-Enix and the like did not agree to develop their previously exclusive PS3 games under duress. They chose to because it is becoming increasingly more costly to develop games and to then limit your target audience makes no business sense whatsoever!

As sad a statement as it may be, money is what makes the world go around.

yea they steal all their ideas from PC!!
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="Keenzach"]

future ownage :| dude MGS4 is done, the game didn't suffer due to multiplat development. I don't care if it goes multiplat now but I'm certain it wont due to the huge sales and the amount of Playstation and Apple references in the game.

What does Apple have to do with anything? MS makes plenty of sofware apps for apple computers.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blackdreamhunk

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!xsubtownerx

budy there is blue ray for PC and yes there is no need for blue ray because pc already has better tech!!!
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!blackdreamhunk

budy there is blue ray for PC and yes there is no need for blue ray because pc already has better tech!!!

I know there's blu-ray for PCs. Read what I said again. And yes, PCs have the better tech. So? What is your point?

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

I know there's blu-ray for PCs. Read what I said again. And yes, PCs have the better tech. So? What is your point?

better games!

great tittle from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITPHrzDpKko

to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffoj6oY3ug

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 st1ka

better games!blackdreamhunk

better tech =\= better games

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts
Microsoft is capitalism gone mad....wat are you gonna do.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]Shame on MS for making me adore my 360 with all it's games. And shame on you for not realising Sony did the SAME THING LAST GEN!blackdreamhunk

better games!

Nah. If that were true I'd still be a hermit. And consoles wouldn't be seeling like they have for the last 10 years. Nice try tho!

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

but the fact is MS would ditch you guys in a heart beat if they had wanted to, remember the xbox fans.

Swift_Boss_A

you figured this out all on your own did you jr?

what a shame, most of the big boys already realized that companies only like money. brand loyalty is for chumps. glad you could finally join us einstein :roll:

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Nah. If that were true I'd still be a hermit. And consoles wouldn't be seeling like they have for the last 10 years. Nice try tho!

xsubtownerx

He's right you know. PC has the better games by far.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 st1ka

yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!blackdreamhunk

actually spore is on the Wii

and yes consoles can create a guild wars type game

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xsubtownerx

yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!blackdreamhunk

And PCs produce large quantities of japanese role playing games. And isn't Spore on the Wii also?

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 blackdreamhunk

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!st1ka

prove IT! it can't be done! guild wars is too much a complex game for any console to handle!
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!blackdreamhunk

prove IT! it can't be done!

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/strategy/spore/index.html?tag=result;title;1

also considering the low requirements that sins of a solar empire ask the game could also be done on consoles

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 blackdreamhunk

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!xsubtownerx

And PCs produce large quantities of japanese role playing games. And isn't Spore on the Wii also?

PC can handle any game not like 360 or PS3 LOl 360 can't handle ff13 lol and the ps3 looks like and old machine with farcry!
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!st1ka

also considering the low requirements that sins of a solar empire ask the game could also be done on consoles

yea maybe the creature creator lol how about guild wars!!!
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 st1ka
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!blackdreamhunk

PC can handle any game not like 360 or PS3 LOl 360 can't handle ff13 lol and the ps3 looks like and old machine with farcry!

then why are they making a 360 version of that game?

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Rikuide_Furame

prove IT! it can't be done! guild wars is too much a complex game for any console to handle!

blackdreamhunk

I'm sorry but seeing as how you are the one making the claims, onus of proof rests with you. I'd also like to know just how much actual knowledge you have regarding the limitations of console technology and in particular, their asociated programming enviroments.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blackdreamhunk

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

Rikuide_Furame

I'm sorry but seeing as how you are the one making the claims, onus of proof rests with you. I'd also like to know just how much actual knowledge you have regarding the limitations of console technology and in particular, their asociated programming enviroments.

show me a game like guild wars a complex game on a console it can't be done!!!!!!!
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

it's not the creature creator it's the whole game

as for guild wars:

Required System Specs:

• Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • 800 MHz Pentium III or equivalent
  • 256 MB RAM
  • ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 or 4 MX with 32MB of video memory
  • 500 MB hard drive space
  • Internet connection
  • DirectX 8.0

Recommended System Specs:
  • Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent
  • 512 MB RAM
  • ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series with 64MB of video memory
  • 500 MB free hard drive space
  • Internet connection
this coming from guildwars.com

not exactly a very demanding game is it?

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

*facepalm* ok this conversation is over, kid.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 st1ka
oh and the spore for the Wii will be the entire game not just the creature creator, stop making stuff up
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 blackdreamhunk

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

as for guild wars:

Required System Specs:

• Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • 256 MB RAM
  • Internet connection
  • DirectX 8.0

• Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • 512 MB RAM
  • Internet connection

have you ever played guild war? It's alot like a rts it can't be played on a console it's too complex!!!!
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Rikuide_Furame

show me a game like guild wars a complex game on a console it can't be done!!!!!!!

blackdreamhunk

As stated in my previous post, onus of proof is on you, not me. And in regards to my query of your technical knowledge, I'll take your silence as confirmation of what I already knew.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] yea and cosole can produce games like spore, sins of the slaor empire, guild wars or even crysis!!!!!xsubtownerx

*facepalm* ok this conversation is over, kid.

yea crysis make mgs4 look like junk and the 360 can't handle ff13 I think it's very funny!!!!!
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"] prove IT! it can't be done!blackdreamhunk

as for guild wars:

Required System Specs:

• Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • 256 MB RAM
  • Internet connection
  • DirectX 8.0

• Windows XP/2000/ME/98
  • 512 MB RAM
  • Internet connection

have you ever played guild war? It's alot like a rts it can't be played on a console it's too complex!!!!

yes i have

and i just proved that it can be done on consoles ;)

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

Rikuide_Furame

As stated in my previous post, onus of proof is on you, not me. And in regards to my query of your technical knowledge, I'll take your silence as confirmation of what I already knew.

I am looking for prove it show me guild wars on console!!!!

at st1ka any one take pictures of games and put it on the internet!!!

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#99 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

have you ever played guild war? It's alot like a rts it can't be played on a console it's too complex!!!!blackdreamhunk

Guild Wars isn't a rts game.

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Rikuide_Furame

I am looking for prove it show me guild wars on console!!!!

blackdreamhunk

Based on your responses throughout this thread as a whole, you wouldn't even begin to understand what I was saying to you if I tried. You have no idea as to the technological aspects of PC's and consoles hence you cannot begin to comrehend their various limitations. Why should I waste my breath?