Microsoft doesn't care about the games industry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Judging by Microsofts actions this gen I don't think they care about the GI, they would go to extreme lengths to come out on top, paying huge amounts of money to gain exclusives or steal excluives, making crappy hardware to get a head start, consoles to become more like PC's, thinking they can get any game they want etc etc. MS is really trying to criple the games industry, I don't believe gaming being like this in the 90's. Sure Sega, Nintendo and Sony were fighting for 1st place but they weren't cheap like MS is this gen.

Honestly if MS ever leads the Games industry then its the end of gaming as we know it, Microsoft is trying to stear gaming in a direction which will destroy it while Sony and Nintendo are the true gamers who want good for the industry. Sony and Nintendo have contributed greatly to gaming with their superb 1st party titles while MS hasn't really done anyhting. online gaming was 1st done by Sega and even PS2 had it before the Xbox. MS is trying to turn console like PC's, with ongoing costs and emphasis on downloadable content. Seriously if MS leads then expect games to never be complete on day 1 but with DLC.

Almost all 360 games can be found on PC, MS are not talented they just shell out money to get games, Sony and Nintendo use their brains to actually make top quality games that really appeal to the consumer. Don't get me wrong I don't hate MS, after all I use their OS but I will not support MS forray into gaming since I know they plan to get a monopoly on gaming.

I know 360 gamers wont agree, but the fact is MS would ditch you guys in a heart beat if they had wanted to, remember the xbox fans.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
If you care so much about what Microsoft choose to do then you could do alot more about it than tell everyone in System Wars about what you think. These kind of threads are getting really boring.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I could have told you that.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
whatever helps you sleep at night
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Yes, MS invested billions of dollars into the games industry because they don't care about it :roll: MS has been in the games industry longer than Sony - now that they've demonstrated they can be profitable in the console market, we suddenly start hearing "MS is evil". Because they're beating your company of choice?

"They they stole FF13!" riiiiiiiight "stole" - sorry, this isn't a communist tyranny, one company (be it sony, microsoft, or nintendo) doesn't just get to say "those third parties were mine! I saw them... technically second because I "stole" that exclusive from Nintendo"..... (*cough* FF VI - SNES, FF VII - PS1)

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
Every company in the games industry is here to make a profit and nothing more. Microsoft entered the console market to dominate and eventually take over as much market share as they could, while I don't agree with how overbearing they are noone could expect anything less.
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS?
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 st1ka

Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS? Broman6015

i agree with this, Microsoft's first party is the only thing i'm disapointed, i don't like racing games so that leaves Forza and PGR out of the loop for me, leaving me only with RARE lionhead and soon Ensemble, i like all of RARE's games so far but i'm not interested in Banjo, Lionhead creates great games but they take way too long between each game, and Ensemble... we'll see how halo wars turns out

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
almost all the games on consoles are multiplats so what is your point.

There are still more 360 exclusives than PS3 exclusives.

2nd Microsoft spends money to stay competitive. They haven't done any wrong yet. THe have published some big projects, and have gotten 3rd parties to jump over onto the 360 from all regions

There dev kits and system is much easier to develop for than the PS3(this isn't even an arguement, most devs say this). So does that mean Sony doesn't care for developers?

2nd what game has been bad that has DLC

GTA 4= complete game
Mass Effect= complete game
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion= complete game

Expansions and DLC have been part of PC gaming for along time, and it never effected the full retail version on a consistant basis.

The poor hardware is the only thing you got right, but unlike Sony(which waited until they got sued last gen), Microsoft took a billion dollar hit for the 3 year warrenty program, and have since then making improvements to the 360 to get it more reliable.

Microsoft 1st/2nd party games have only been outperformed by Nintendo. Sonys has been lagging in third place so far the entire gen.

Microsoft may not have started online gaming, but they have been setting a higher standard for online console gaming. XBL has consisantly been leading the other 2 consoles, and improving at the same time.

Anything else? because honestly the only reason you probably have to say Microsoft don't care for the industry is because you don't like microsoft....because as far as what they have done this gen, they have went out of there way to be competitive and take it to Sony and Nintendo(not so much nintendo because nintendo is kicking their Ass).
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

The system with the best line up of games(not counting PC) is getting attacked? Teh logicalnessedness astounds me!!!

What kind of lame gen would this have been without dat evil debbil company MS I don't even want to consider.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="Broman6015"]Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS? st1ka

i agree with this, Microsoft's first party is the only thing i'm disapointed, i don't like racing games so that leaves Forza and PGR out of the loop for me, leaving me only with RARE lionhead and soon Ensemble, i like all of RARE's games so far but i'm not interested in Banjo, Lionhead creates great games but they take way too long between each game, and Ensemble... we'll see how halo wars turns out

and Mistwalker and Bungie.

Also Too Human is 2nd party....
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

[QUOTE="Broman6015"]Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS? st1ka

True but Microsoft won't really feel the pressure of 1st/2nd party support until next gen whe dev. cost go even higher. So their 3rd party strategy is working for now.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
umm yeah sure, MS has the best and most games this gen....sure they dont care :roll:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Okay, I just want to know the answer to this one simple question and then I'll depart from this thread.

What exclusives, exactly, did Microsoft steal/buy this generation besides the GTA IV DLC (which was paid for with a loan, a loan R* must pay back)?

And I would like actual evidence, no opinions, assumptions or educated guesses will qualify.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="Broman6015"]Some of that i agree with some of that i dont. I do think that MS has not put enough emphasis on their first party like Sony and Nintendo has. But they have contributed a lot to the industry. Where would online gaming on consoles be today if it wasn't for MS? jg4xchamp

all of those are 2nd party, i'm talking about first party

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp

Okay, I just want to know the answer to this one simple question and then I'll depart from this thread.

What exclusives, exactly, did Microsoft steal/buy this generation besides the GTA IV DLC (which was paid for with a loan, a loan R* must pay back)?

And I would like actual evidence, no opinions, assumptions or educated guesses will qualify.

The_Game21x
They didn't steal anything

Capcom went multiplat and put DMC 4 on 360
Sega couldn't afford the high dev costs and put Virtua Fighter 5 on 360
Rockstar never worked out a deal with Sony for exclusivity, so Take 2 made it multiplat on 360 as well.
Assassins creed was a big project and quite frankly its Ubisoft+XBOX= it was going to 360.

Microsoft didn't steal

Ace Combat 6
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4

Infinite Undiscoverey they funded.
THe Last Remnant is probably the only thing that says MS paid....

And even then most of that can also go to the PS3 as it is harder to develop for.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

all of those are 2nd party, i'm talking about first party

hmmm,..

Rare
Lionhead
Ensemble
Turn 10

yep that is about it.....I think most of there work is with 2nd party.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Judging by Microsofts actions this gen I don't think they care about the GI, they would go to extreme lengths to come out on top, paying huge amounts of money to gain exclusives or steal excluives.

Swift_Boss_A

Name exclusives they've paid huge amounts of money to "steal". Go.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 st1ka

hmmm,..

Rare
Lionhead
Ensemble
Turn 10

yep that is about it.....I think most of there work is with 2nd party.jg4xchamp

exactly their first party leaves a little to be desired

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

This is like Christmas seeing how angry and upset the cows are today because of FF13. Gotta admit it is fun seeing the cows get this upset time and time again :lol:

:cry: MS is evil :cry:

I love how cows have no proof about anything but just throw out random flase information because their fanboy hearts are broken because of FF13.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
money talk and if sony had all the same things as MS i'm sure they'd be the same or worse.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ninja-Hippo

Honestly if MS ever leads the Games industry then its the end of gaming as we know it, Microsoft is trying to stear gaming in a direction which will destroy it while Sony and Nintendo are the true gamers who want good for the industry.

Swift_Boss_A

Explain how microsoft is criticised by analysts for being too "hardcore" with games for the hardcore gaming crowd like Foza, Gears, Halo, Mass Effect etc? If they're being told they need to stop appealing to hardcore gamers and start trying to woo the casuals, how on earth are they taking the gaming industry in a direction which will destroy it?

Honestly, there's not one logical piece of evidence to back up a single thing you said.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

This is like Christmas seeing how angry and upset the cows are today because of FF13. Gotta admit it is fun seeing the cows get this upset time and time again :lol:rybe1025

Glad your happy lol, let's hope sony doesn't go all crazy and start screwing you over buying your exclusives up so you have to wait another year to play the games. I'm glad your happy. MS is a ******* saint.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ninja-Hippo

The_Game21x

You wont receive an answer to that question. TC appears to be the "post incredibly biased opinions, then leave as people take them apart" strategist.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
I'm not gonna read that, but the 360 has good games which is why I own one.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]This is like Christmas seeing how angry and upset the cows are today because of FF13. Gotta admit it is fun seeing the cows get this upset time and time again :lol:Eddie-Vedder

Glad your happy lol, let's hope sony doesn't go all crazy and start screwing you over buying your exclusives up so you have to wait another year to play the games. I'm glad your happy. MS is a ******* saint.

Microsoft didnt buy FF13 at all. It's being released on the 360 because it's popular in NA and the UK and the 360 has strong install bases there. SE said from the beginning they wanted to expand into multiplat this gen.

So what you just said is pretty much complete nonsense.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts
I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Dude, just stop it. You are embarrasing yourself. Most of the stuff you are complaining about you have no proof over and the rest of it is just silly fanboy rubbish.

Let me guess Sony cares right? Using their new game console as a pawn in their idiotic format war and driving the cost of game development into the stratosphere is really helping things, right? And the way developers talk about how weak their support is has got to be doing wonders for the industry...

Man, you got your finger on the pulse dude. Keep it up!

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rybe1025

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]This is like Christmas seeing how angry and upset the cows are today because of FF13. Gotta admit it is fun seeing the cows get this upset time and time again :lol:Eddie-Vedder

Thank you for being happy that i am hapy because seeing the cows like this does truly make me happy. My stomach hurts laughing so hard reading the cow posts.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heretrix

I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.knight-k

Do me a favor and go read about what a monopoly actually is, ok?

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 st1ka

ok now that made me laugh

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ninja-Hippo

I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.knight-k

These posts amaze me.

Again; microsoft has fewer development studios than Sony. Despite that, they actually let some of said studios go last year, like bungie and Bizarre.

Explain to me how on earth you can say the company which actually owns the least developers and development studio is monopolising the market.

Seriously. Will i get an explanation? Probably not. Because the trend in this thread seems to be "post biased opinions... leave before someone replies".

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

jg4xchamp

They didn't steal anything

Capcom went multiplat and put DMC 4 on 360
Sega couldn't afford the high dev costs and put Virtua Fighter 5 on 360
Rockstar never worked out a deal with Sony for exclusivity, so Take 2 made it multiplat on 360 as well.
Assassins creed was a big project and quite frankly its Ubisoft+XBOX= it was going to 360.

Microsoft didn't steal

Ace Combat 6
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean 4

Infinite Undiscoverey they funded.
THe Last Remnant is probably the only thing that says MS paid....

And even then most of that can also go to the PS3 as it is harder to develop for.

Oh I know the deal with all of those. I'm just waiting on the TC to show me some of the exclusives MS stole. After all, if he can so brazenly claim that Microsoft does nothing but steal and buy exclusives he should have some proof to back up that claim right? :wink:

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
Sony don't care about the games industry they just want to push Blu-Ray, burn em.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Maybe Sony should stop showing off its console and start working on games (including exclusives), thats what made them successful the last two gens.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rybe1025
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]This is like Christmas seeing how angry and upset the cows are today because of FF13. Gotta admit it is fun seeing the cows get this upset time and time again :lol:The_Game21x

Translation:

Crying baby

Cry me a river. :|

I agree. I think they need this right now

I have to admit though seeing all these bovine tear laced posts is great to watch. These cows are in full nervous break down mode :lol:

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Ninja-Hippo

You wont receive an answer to that question. TC appears to be the "post incredibly biased opinions, then leave as people take them apart" strategist.

Yep, seems that way.

looking at a watch

Damn, I don't have all day now...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Microsoft has done a lot of good things this gen, specifically how online gaming should be with XBL.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 heretrix

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.Ninja-Hippo

These posts amaze me.

Again; microsoft has fewer development studios than Sony. Despite that, they actually let some of said studios go last year, like bungie and Bizarre.

Explain to me how on earth you can say the company which actually owns the least developers and development studio is monopolising the market.

Seriously. Will i get an explanation? Probably not. Because the trend in this thread seems to be "post biased opinions... leave before someone replies".

Lets go beyond the developers and just look at the fact that MS isn't the only console manufacturer out there, making it completely impossible for them to have a monopoly. They aren't even in first place in the console business.It is virtually impossible for MS to be a monopoly unless they buy out Nintendo and Sony and we know how likely that is to happen..
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Game21x
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]I agree completely, if MS continues like this, we'll have a monoply which is bad for EVERYONE.heretrix

These posts amaze me.

Lets go beyond the developers and just look at the fact that MS isn't the only console manufacturer out there, making it completely impossible for them to have a monopoly. They aren't even in first place in the console business.It is virtually impossible for MS to be a monopoly unless they buy out Nintendo and Sony and we know how likely that is to happen..

Well, that's only if you look at it in a logical frame of mind. If you put yourself in the mindset of a SW fanboy, then that Microsoft takeover isn't just inevitable, but it's going to happen yesterday.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
So because more gamers get to play some of the best games this generation = MSFT doesn't care about gaming? Answer this question PLEASE! I beg you.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

Awww man if MGS4 gets ported to the 360 cow whinig and cryin will be even bigger then this :lol:Gh0st_Of_0nyx

if it did i would literally crap my pants with laughter

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
I kinda see what you mean. Back then before the Xbox arrived, I remembered each console had their unique set of games and multiplats were rare. MS are really relying on 3rd party alot, and it won't be good for them in the long run. Unless they somehow stack up on their 1st party with good games, then I'd expect Sony will stay above. Sony is unique, MS is...uh..I like Halo and Gears?
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

Doesnt not Dont....grammer people, its important!

Now on to your post, I agree to some extent gaming today isnt like it was back in the day. It has evolved! Now to say Microsoft doesnt care about gaming, well Im sure the company as a whole could care less what happens to the game division. I mean they are just now starting to give make a profit so its not the leading division. However, Microsoft has done some good to the industry like them or not. they brought online to the console world AND made the possiblity of a good FPS for the consoles as well. Now their business practices ARE dirty but hey its MS...where you expecting something different?

Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ze_ALEX
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
360 has best game line up and diversity, and the xbox software makes more money than ps3 and the wii software combined.. (major nelson)
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

They do care :? its just that they care about communal gaming, over a LAN line :lol: i prefer armchair gaming to LAN parties but whatever floats your boat. 360 does online superbly.

If MS suddenly don't care about gamers why did they bother getting FF13 on their platform? Why spend $50 million to get exclusive content for GTA 4? And why on earth do they constantly try to undermine their competition by buying exclusives? Money? That and having more games, and at the moment 360 has a lot of games, because they were first and because its more easy to develop on.

Sony are picking their act up and MS should be worried, both companies care more about the "GI" than ever, its neck and neck!

Nintendo are the ones that are bringing the Industry to the pot. By what we consider a good game is not what children under 10 and grannies over 60 consider casual interactive fun hour. aka the wii. Casual sales don't hurt Hardcore sales (infact they increase them, more gamers is good) but when big companies like Nintndo get a little bit of success they .... wait for it ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!! to us gamers.

Sorry kids, no more mario, Zelda or Metroid unless they all appear in variet games that wear off after 10 minutes, a prostituted tribute to the games we loved from a company that sold its soul for a dollar. Nintendo, you should be ashamed!!!!

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
Microsoft care as much as Sony do at the end of the day they are after money but unlike Nintendo who have no choice but to care the other two can make mass money without consoles.