Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@Pedro: So RROD never happened?

Microsoft didn’t almost kill Xbox due to a ridiculous and suicidal policy that they were trying to push?

It’s the most powerful console, but the writing has been very apparent on the wall lately.

Trust me, I get your take on this, however I see no delusions or false statements.

Mixing falsehood with truth doesn't make the false claims true. The PROD did not nearly wipe out all production units. Just like MS didn't almost kill Xbox. And I am glad that you at least admitted to the facts for the Series X power.

You are free to have your opinion on anything, but don't pass your opinions and feelings as facts.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I had at least two 360s RROD on me, I think it may have even been three. I got sick and tired of spending $400 on a console to save money VS a gaming PC, only to have to buy 2-3 of them over the life of the generation. I learned really fast that consoles really aren't as low cost as they initially appear, there are many hidden expenses, not just having to buy additional consoles because they break, but now they do mid generational releases to squeeze even more out of customers, and having to pay money to play online. In 2013 I spent $600 to build a gaming PC, and that gaming PC lasted me as long as the previous generation consoles did, but able to play them on higher settings with higher frame rates throughout the duration of that generation.

Console gaming is a fucking scam.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Pedro

@eoten said:

I had at least two 360s RROD on me, I think it may have even been three. I got sick and tired of spending $400 on a console to save money VS a gaming PC, only to have to buy 2-3 of them over the life of the generation. I learned really fast that consoles really aren't as low cost as they initially appear, there are many hidden expenses, not just having to buy additional consoles because they break, but now they do mid generational releases to squeeze even more out of customers, and having to pay money to play online. In 2013 I spent $600 to build a gaming PC, and that gaming PC lasted me as long as the previous generation consoles did, but able to play them on higher settings with higher frame rates throughout the duration of that generation.

I don't know about console gaming as a whole being a scam. That particular generation was the worse for reliability, at least in the first 3 years. Since then, consoles have been pretty stable with their hardware.

With that said, what gaming PC did you get for $600?

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@eoten: it wasn’t always 360s tho, I went through multiple refurbished game stop PS3’s due to the blue light of death.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@Pedro said:

@TorqueHappens08: Your statements about the Xbox 360 and One are demonstrably false. You are free to have you opinion on the Series S viability. The Series X still remains the most powerful console whether you, me or whomever like it or not. The folks that complain about the Xbox brand the most are folks on the forums battling over consoles.

debatable

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@me2002: Nope!

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 me2002

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@Pedro: So RROD never happened?

Microsoft didn’t almost kill Xbox due to a ridiculous and suicidal policy that they were trying to push?

It’s the most powerful console, but the writing has been very apparent on the wall lately.

Trust me, I get your take on this, however I see no delusions or false statements.

Nevermind him, it's just his opinion. He can't accept other people's opinions.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 me2002

@Pedro said:

@me2002: Nope!

Yep! That's why we see you debate all the time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Pedro

@me2002: Its factual.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 me2002

@Pedro said:

@me2002: Its factual.

Your facts are always great, why don't you give us more facts of yours wherever you pull them out from.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pedro

@me2002 said:

Your facts are always great, why don't you give us more facts of yours wherever you pull them out from.

The spec sheet like everyone else. Where are you pulling your opinions?😎

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 me2002

@Pedro said:
@me2002 said:

The spec sheet like everyone else. Where are you pulling your opinions?😎

Numbers means nothing if it doesn't produce results.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@me2002 said:

So, in other words you got nothing. Gotcha.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 me2002

@Pedro said:
@me2002 said:

So, in other words you got nothing. Gotcha.

Read my post again.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@me2002: Try accepting the facts.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By me2002

@Pedro said:

@me2002: Try accepting the facts.

Try accept being wrong.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Pedro said:
@eoten said:

I don't know about console gaming as a whole being a scam. That particular generation was the worse for reliability, at least in the first 3 years. Since then, consoles have been pretty stable with their hardware.

With that said, what gaming PC did you get for $600?

Oh it's only going to get worse. Remember when people thought pre-planned DLC was anti-consumer... they've now standardized that same practice for hardware. That's what mid-generational upgrades are that everyone is already expecting to see because now it's the norm. That $400-$500 ain't setting you up for the next generation, but rather get you about halfway through it. So now you don't even need to break your console and buy a new one... if you want the same gaming experience as your friends, you'll be forced to buy a new one on top of your perfectly good one.

Total that up and that's $800. To play online is what? $5/month, total that up over the next 7 years and that's an additional $420 on top of it. Thats over $1,200 to get you through the next generation. A PC built for that price would outlast that console and play better games on higher settings with higher frame rates.

For the $600, at the time it was a HD7950 GPU, FX-8350 CPU and 8GB RAM. That was in 2013.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44575 Posts

They are cursed by La Llarona, that being, they are haunted by crying cows.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

TC is correct. Ever since Phil took over it’s been nothing but lip service. Just wait for the tools! Wait for the games! year after year. It doesn’t get any more pathetic than this folks.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11106 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

TC is correct. Ever since Phil took over it’s been nothing but lip service. Just wait for the tools! Wait for the games! year after year. It doesn’t get any more pathetic than this folks.

Everything with Xbox is waiting, waiting and waiting. These people are buying a $500 console to play old Game Pass games while game after game gets delayed. Now the multiplats don't outperform PS5. I'd be shocked if even half of the crap from all the studios they bought even makes it to market

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@phlop_spencer said:

Everything with Xbox is waiting, waiting and waiting. These people are buying a $500 console to play old Game Pass games while game after game gets delayed. Now the multiplats don't outperform PS5. I'd be shocked if even half of the crap from all the studios they bought even makes it to market

Its odd for you to be talking to yourself.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Phlop_Spencer

@Pedro: lol oh Piedro. Is your PS5 still en route, mr unbiased local system wars dev

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@phlop_spencer: You still hiding behind an alt and I still have you and ALL your goons triggered. 😥

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It's Thanksgiving and certain lems have nothing better to do than damage control for another failed Microsoft console all day long lol.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Phlop_Spencer

@NathanDrakeSwag: did you really expect any different from a faction that’s been getting abused for 10 years now? Stockholm syndrome man!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's Thanksgiving and certain lems have nothing better to do than damage control for another failed Microsoft console all day long lol.

How ignorant do you have to be to realise that its mostly an Merican tradition.

And why are you here then?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's 9pm here now. I've been hanging out with family and enjoying great food today. Sorry that you have nothing better to do than fight over a plastic box.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@i_p_daily said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's 9pm here now. I've been hanging out with family and enjoying great food today. Sorry that you have nothing better to do than fight over a plastic box.

And yet you're posting here, you claim Xbox has no games and Sony is teh best and all that jazz, and yet instead of playing these games you're here fighting over a plastic box, can you be anymore of a hypocrite if you tried?

So even though you have a PS5 you're still here posting, so it seems you even owning a PS5 have nothing better to do LMFAO.