May 2017 NPD

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pinkanimal said:

Multiplats are sooooo important that the machine that has only multiplats ended up last?? Oh wait no, let me try it again. Power is so important that the weakest machine ended up not last but second?? Damn it! I keep trying to use Xbox fanboys' reasoning but it keeps failing I don't know why.

So instead of talking about your godny, you chose the to talk about the Xbox instead, MS is living rent free in your mind, oh and also this lol

What happened to MS and lems like you gloating about NPD numbers? Suddenly NPD doesn't matter anymore because your console is last lol.

This generation is already set it stone. Not sure why gamers are still even looking at NPD numbers for hardware sales. The race is already over.

1. PS4
  2. XBox One
  3. Wii U
DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

the top sellers for the year so far seems kind of sad

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

TLHBO again. Another month with Bone dead last.

"B...bu...but multiplats are all that matter!!!1"

@KBFloYd said:

so ps4 won npd this month?

is it confirmed?

because if it is true then that means ps4 owns the switch..... it means the big multiplat games is more important to people than nintendo games and japanese games.

i mean we sort of knew that with the wiiU. but now it is clear as day to me....wow

REKT.

What were you saying about the Switch dominating the PS4 previous months?

Switch is awesome and is selling great but you gotta understand the biggest games are still multiplats and it doesn't get those unfortunately. It needs both multiplats and exclusives to dominate the way PS4 dominates. The reason PS4 sells so well is because it has the right balance of exclusives and multiples unlike the other two consoles.

yea...bro i think i'll have to actually throw the towel in on all the sales talk ive been hyping with nintendo against the ps4.

it is clear to me now. in current gaming sony is number#1. nintendo has to either get on the multiplat train or just settle for 2nd or even last.

the wind just got knocked out of my sails. at least you don't have to hear me say nintendo sales hype anymore lol

??? At least you're not salty about it unlike some other dude in this thread.

I still think Nintendo will win a few more months this year. They are still quite supply strained because the Switch is selling extremely well.

They need to sort out their multiplat problem but at least it's not as bad as with the WiiU. I think publishers are noticing how well the Switch is doing and I predict it will get more multiplats as time goes on.

When it comes to the multiplats that could run on the Switch Nintendo needs to sort out their multiplat problem. When it comes to the multiplats that can't run on the system because its too underpowered there is basically nothing they can do about it but make a system with enough power in it.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#54 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@GameboyTroy: Or, you know, encourage third parties to make games that make sense for Switch. Which seems to be what they're doing -- smartly so.

Nintendo must be quietly seething about PS4 being No. 1, knowing they would be on top if they could sort out the shortage. There's no way it wouldn't be -- I've seen a Switch on store shelves once in the entire time its been on sale.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

To all of the people celebrating the "end" of Switch selling well, can you provide a link to a place I can buy it online at MSRP?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@techhog89 said:

To all of the people celebrating the "end" of Switch selling well, can you provide a link to a place I can buy it online at MSRP?

The shortages for the Switch are real. I occasionally see them pop up at my Target and Best Buy but they're usually gone within a day and I haven't seen any at Walmart in at least a month.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GameboyTroy

@techhog89 said:

You are interested in buying the Switch? It'll need more multiplats to sell better. Nintendo's first party games can only do so much for it to sell better even though they can be great games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@techhog89 said:

You are interested in buying the Switch? It'll need more multiplats to sell better. Nintendo's first party games can only do so much for it to sell better even though they can be great games.

You can't sell what is not on the store shelves...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Techhog89

@GameboyTroy: You missed my point. PS4 didn't outsell Switch last month because of demand dying; it's because there just weren't enough Switch units available for it to sell more. It's still sold out almost everywhere in the country. I know that you're still salty that you didn't get the PS4 Pro killer you were promised by fake leakers, but don't jump the gun here. If there were 300k units available in the US last month, it would have sold nearly all of them in all likelihood. Until Switch is no longer selling out, you can't make any valid claims about demand unless you compare to systems selling less than it, such as Wii U launch-aligned or Xbox One right now.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

A devistating blow to Nintendo fans! Haha

Well we can't even play the production card if another company can push out more in the same month. Understanding that the Switch shelves were emptied the prior months....

BUT no excuses... will have to settle for 3 mil sales in 3 months, and hand the NPD monthly belt back to Sony.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GameboyTroy

@techhog89 said:

@GameboyTroy: You missed my point. PS4 didn't outsell Switch last month because of demand dying; it's because there just weren't enough Switch units available for it to sell more. It's still sold out almost everywhere in the country. I know that you're still salty that you didn't get the PS4 Pro killer you were promised by fake leakers, but don't jump the gun here. If there were 300k units available in the US last month, it would have sold nearly all of them in all likelihood. Until Switch is no longer selling out, you can't make any valid claims about demand unless you compare to systems selling less than it, such as Wii U launch-aligned or Xbox One right now.

They shouldn't have decided to compete with Apple for parts to make more units. The demand dying is part of the point.

PS4 Pro killer? I only wanted the system to be as powerful as the XB1 and they did a limbo under that bar. You probably have me confused with someone else with that one.

The Switch still wasn't #1 in sales last month. I wonder how its going to be selling a year from now.

It seems like the Switch might be getting less 3rd party games than the Wii U did in its first year(2013). At least its getting the 3rd party support that the 3DS is getting.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Once again, Nintendo Switch sales dropping. Another Nintendo fad. They could have been smart and gone third party. Oh, well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: I never said it was shit or not a good game, just that it's not the best game ever. No I've never played it, but I've be in the same room with friends who've played it, and I decided not to buy it based on the past GTA's that I've never really enjoyed, that and there is content within the game that is not suitable for me to bring into my house having kids.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nintendo kicking your asses in quality content and sales. I hope they will uppercut your denial into orbit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: oh poor lemming, so you decide who is a cow and who is a lem here? It seems to me you suffer from delusions of grandeur when micromanaging who's who on a forum seems to get you off. Keep being a lemming and keep damage controlling for Microsoft all you like, I actually care little because people like you are as predictable and creative as a rock so it's sort if amusing to see you coming to Microsoft's aid on every single thread and pretend you're so much better than other fanboys. Have a nice life :)

What a load of horse, or should I say cow shit.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Switch fanboy damage control is out of control.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

GTAV continues to be ridiculous. That's just crazy lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Look at all those exclusive games selling out,wow.

/s

Yeah lest pretend like an idiot that Zalda,mario kart,fire emblem and not exclusives also.

I see 5 console exclusive games there out of 20 games,problem those are from 2 platform holders alone vs an infinite number of 3rd party developers so there are 100 games competing vs those 5 and those 5 got into the top 20 so basically we are talking about a 1/4 of the games sold on NPD were console exclusive when developers and multiplatforms are compose of a much much great % ratio vs exclusives..

In fact you know what i find funny? MLB has charted 4 months in a row,it charted since Nier Charted in March and horizon,it charted with Persona in April,it charted with Horizon in May,and this month it charted again when Horizon didn't chart in the top 10...

MLB charted more month in NPD than Halo 5 did.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Techhog89

@GameboyTroy: And how we're they supposed to avoid competing with other companies for NAND when there's an industry-wide shortage. Oh, let me guess, with a normal console with a hard drive, right? Your saltiness is preventing you from thinking rationally. I'm sorry to break this to you, but power isn't the only thing making third parties decide not to support Nintendo. The reason Switch isn't getting good support in its first year is because the Wii U failed hard and it wasn't worth the risk to try investing more into its successor out of the gate. The XB1 clone you wanted would have faced the same problem, especially from EA. Overall it would have been worse because the games and console would have flopped hard. Give me a list of reasons why a non-Nintendo fan would buy a Nintendo Box One that came out 3-4 years late. Answer: they wouldn't. It would have flopped just as hard as Wii U. They had to offer something unique to stand a chance of success. They went with this, and other than them drastically underestimating initial demand it's working out quite well for them. Also, sales this month have no bearing whatsoever on where they'll be a year from now. I'm sure that you know this, but you're delusional.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Techhog89

@tjandmia: @tigerbalm: So, both of you can show me a link to the Switch in-stock at MSRP, right?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#71 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Horizon is doing great for it being a New IP.

Also Hooray for Fire Emblem making it to Top 10!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@enzyme36 said:

A devistating blow to Nintendo fans! Haha

Well we can't even play the production card if another company can push out more in the same month. Understanding that the Switch shelves were emptied the prior months....

BUT no excuses... will have to settle for 3 mil sales in 3 months, and hand the NPD monthly belt back to Sony.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Ahh yes Tom Cruise can nail it! Legendary actor

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GameboyTroy
@techhog89 said:

@GameboyTroy: And how we're they supposed to avoid competing with other companies for NAND when there's an industry-wide shortage. Oh, let me guess, with a normal console with a hard drive, right? Your saltiness is preventing you from thinking rationally. I'm sorry to break this to you, but power isn't the only thing making third parties decide not to support Nintendo. The reason Switch isn't getting good support in its first year is because the Wii U failed hard and it wasn't worth the risk to try investing more into its successor out of the gate. The XB1 clone you wanted would have faced the same problem, especially from EA. Overall it would have been worse because the games and console would have flopped hard. Give me a list of reasons why a non-Nintendo fan would buy a Nintendo Box One that came out 3-4 years late. Answer: they wouldn't. It would have flopped just as hard as Wii U. They had to offer something unique to stand a chance of success. They went with this, and other than them drastically underestimating initial demand it's working out quite well for them. Also, sales this month have no bearing whatsoever on where they'll be a year from now. I'm sure that you know this, but you're delusional.

The Switch is overpriced and the accessories are overpriced especially in Canada. Even though the system can use UE4, is easy to develop for, it uses ARM and whatever else I might have missed about developing games for the system, but the main reasons why the system isn't getting most of the 3rd party games is because the system is underpowered and the limit for the game cards are still 32GB.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@techhog89: no one cares anymore. It's Nintendo's stupid fault again if it isn't in stock. People have moved back to buying the PS4. Nintendo could have avoided this whole mess by just releasing games on systems that people actually own and can easily get.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Techhog89

@GameboyTroy: You are absolutely in denial. It's not healthy to be stuck in any one stage of grief this long. You barely even read what I said. You need to accept Switch as well as Nintendo's situation for what they are. If you still think that all Nintendo needs to get good third party support is more power, you are hopelessly disconnected from reality. Case in point: EA said Switch can run Frostbite, but it's not there. We have confirmation that Dragon Ball FighterZ can be ported to Switch, but it's not there. Switch can definitely run GTAV, and despite R* and T25 being as greedy as they are, it's not there. The main thing holding Switch back from getting third party support is interest. Power is a factor, and it would get a few more games of ports could be done with minimal effort, but you thinking that power parity will ensure near 100% port parity is pure delusion, especially in the first year.

Also, if it's sold out it's not overpriced according to the laws of supply and demand. That's how the world works. It may cost too much for you, but from a market standpoint it's technically underpriced and Nintendo is leaving money on the table. If it weren't for the importance of software sales, the smart thing for Nintendo to do would be to bump up the MSRP by $50 until supply meets demand, and then bring it back down.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Techhog89

@tjandmia: lol ok

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#78 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: is this going to become a dick measuring contest now?... Sorry but I'm too old for that dude. I've personally never said the XO had no games, what I've said is that the game offering it has is lackluster and that it has no upcoming exclusives which is accurate. Now this thread is about NPD and lemmings were the ones that started making this about the PS4 and about the irrelevance of it's exclusives even though two of them appear among the top positions of the best selling lists. Now if you get too sensitive when people criticise the Xbox as it appears you do maybe you shouldn't come to system wars where, as the name implies, it's basically a place to debate and make fun of the other's systems. If what you want is a lemming circle jerk where Microsoft is worshipped as a deity then I'm sure you can find such a place with like-minded individuals such as yourself.

LMAO you think SW hasnt been before? What are any of us gaining in life by telling someone on an internet forum their preferred video game platform isnt good? Get in touch with reality, kid.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Pedro said:

Multiplatform games dominate yet again.

LIES, the internet told me nobody plays COD or sports games or boring third person shooters.