May 2017 NPD

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Here are the latest NPD results!

May 2017:

1 - Injustice 2
2 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe *
3 - Grand Theft Auto V **
4 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild *
5 - Prey *
6 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands **
7 - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia *
8 - NBA 2K17
9 - MLB 17: The Show
10 - Overwatch **
11 - Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege **
12 - Horizon Zero Dawn
13 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
14 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III
15 - Mass Effect Andromeda **
16 - Farpoint
17 - Battlefield 1 **
18 - Nier: Automata
19 - Minecraft **
20 - FIFA 17 **

PS4 #1 (There goes the Switch sweep)

Where is Persona 5?!?!?!! Farpoint>Persona5????

2017 YTD:

1 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
2 - For Honor
3 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
4 - Horizon Zero Dawn
5 - Grand Theft Auto V
6 - Mass Effect: Andromeda
7 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
8 - NBA 2K17
9 - Injustice 2
10 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Source

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Look at all those exclusive games selling out,wow.

/s

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Nintendo looking good burning up the charts with their high quality exclusives kicking butt and taking names with Sony trailing but not too far behind with some nice titles of their own, and those are the only contestants who showed up to the dance.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

4 year old GTA V is slaying all these new games lol. Best game ever made.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69083 Posts

Multiplatform games dominate yet again.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@Pedro said:

Multiplatform games dominate yet again.

But Sony has dem exclusives tho

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Lol @ lems and multiplats. Good argument dummies.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Damn, horizon 4th best selling for the year? Good shit!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so ps4 won npd this month?

is it confirmed?

because if it is true then that means ps4 owns the switch..... it means the big multiplat games is more important to people than nintendo games and japanese games.

i mean we sort of knew that with the wiiU. but now it is clear as day to me....wow

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

back to business as usual

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Supply constraints maybe the reason Switch didn't win the month NPD.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

Multiplats are sooooo important that the machine that has only multiplats ended up last?? Oh wait no, let me try it again. Power is so important that the weakest machine ended up not last but second?? Damn it! I keep trying to use Xbox fanboys' reasoning but it keeps failing I don't know why.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

at this point who in TF does not already own GTA5 because i cant figure out how and who it is still being purchased by

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

TLHBO again. Another month with Bone dead last.

"B...bu...but multiplats are all that matter!!!1"

@KBFloYd said:

is it confirmed?

because if it is true then that means ps4 owns the switch..... it means the big multiplat games is more important to people than nintendo games and japanese games.

i mean we sort of knew that with the wiiU. but now it is clear as day to me....wow

REKT.

What were you saying about the Switch dominating the PS4 previous months?

Switch is awesome and is selling great but you gotta understand the biggest games are still multiplats and it doesn't get those unfortunately. It needs both multiplats and exclusives to dominate the way PS4 dominates. The reason PS4 sells so well is because it has the right balance of exclusives and multiples unlike the other two consoles.

@pinkanimal said:

Multiplats are sooooo important that the machine that has only multiplats ended up last?? Oh wait no, let me try it again. Power is so important that the weakest machine ended up not last but second?? Damn it! I keep trying to use Xbox fanboys' reasoning but it keeps failing I don't know why.

Their reasoning doesn't work and that's why the Bone is last in NPD and will continue to be last even after the XboneX arrives.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

So instead of talking about your godny, you chose the to talk about the Xbox instead, MS is living rent free in your mind, oh and also this lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@pinkanimal said:

So instead of talking about your godny, you chose the to talk about the Xbox instead, MS is living rent free in your mind, oh and also this lol

What happened to MS and lems like you gloating about NPD numbers? Suddenly NPD doesn't matter anymore because your console is last lol.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@goldenelementxl:

You shouldn't worry about P5

MatPiscatella

NPD Industry Analyst, US Video Games Don't ask me for numbers.

Today, 03:21 AM, Post #229

Persona 5 has been a massive sales success, with a launch month many multiples higher than any previous release in the franchise.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=241286862#post241286862

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PinkAnimal

@i_p_daily: well maybe if Xbox fanboys stopped making this about the PS4 and it's exclusives then we can all go home and close SW but then I guess you would get depressed since it seems you spend here most of your day damage controlling for Microsoft. I hope you at least get paid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: well maybe if Xbox fanboys stopped making this about the PS4 and it's exclusives then we can all go home and close SW but then I guess you would get depressed since it seems you spend here most of your day damage controlling for Microsoft. I hope you at least get paid.

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pinkanimal said:

What happened to MS and lems like you gloating about NPD numbers? Suddenly NPD doesn't matter anymore because your console is last lol.

Numbers never mattered to me, and I beg the both of you to go through my post history and find where I said it did

So the only people that look like fools are you two, you have sooooooooo many games on your PS4's, and yet all you can talk about is a console that has no games (in your opinions of course) that makes no sense.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PinkAnimal

@i_p_daily: well is your favorite game damage controlling for Microsoft then? Because I don't see you playing any games either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: well is your favorite game damage controlling for Microsoft then? Because I don't see you playing any games either.

Well according to you cows I have no games because I game on Xbox?

My Gamerscore proves otherwise, does your trophies?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PinkAnimal

@i_p_daily: is this going to become a dick measuring contest now?... Sorry but I'm too old for that dude. I've personally never said the XO had no games, what I've said is that the game offering it has is lackluster and that it has no upcoming exclusives which is accurate. Now this thread is about NPD and lemmings were the ones that started making this about the PS4 and about the irrelevance of it's exclusives even though two of them appear among the top positions of the best selling lists. Now if you get too sensitive when people criticise the Xbox as it appears you do maybe you shouldn't come to system wars where, as the name implies, it's basically a place to debate and make fun of the other's systems. If what you want is a lemming circle jerk where Microsoft is worshipped as a deity then I'm sure you can find such a place with like-minded individuals such as yourself.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd said:

is it confirmed?

REKT.

Switch is awesome and is selling great but you gotta understand the biggest games are still multiplats and it doesn't get those unfortunately. It needs both multiplats and exclusives to dominate the way PS4 dominates. The reason PS4 sells so well is because it has the right balance of exclusives and multiples unlike the other two consoles.

yea...bro i think i'll have to actually throw the towel in on all the sales talk ive been hyping with nintendo against the ps4.

it is clear to me now. in current gaming sony is number#1. nintendo has to either get on the multiplat train or just settle for 2nd or even last.

the wind just got knocked out of my sails. at least you don't have to hear me say nintendo sales hype anymore lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QuadKnight

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:

@KBFloYd said:

is it confirmed?

REKT.

yea...bro i think i'll have to actually throw the towel in on all the sales talk ive been hyping with nintendo against the ps4.

it is clear to me now. in current gaming sony is number#1. nintendo has to either get on the multiplat train or just settle for 2nd or even last.

the wind just got knocked out of my sails. at least you don't have to hear me say nintendo sales hype anymore lol

??? At least you're not salty about it unlike some other dude in this thread.

I still think Nintendo will win a few more months this year. They are still quite supply strained because the Switch is selling extremely well.

They need to sort out their multiplat problem but at least it's not as bad as with the WiiU. I think publishers are noticing how well the Switch is doing and I predict it will get more multiplats as time goes on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: is this going to become a dick measuring contest now?... Sorry but I'm too old for that dude. I've personally never said the XO had no games, what I've said is that the game offering it has is lackluster and that it has no upcoming exclusives which is accurate. Now this thread is about NPD and lemmings were the ones that started making this about the PS4 and about the irrelevance of it's exclusives even though two of them appear among the top positions of the best selling lists. Now if you get too sensitive when people criticise the Xbox as it appears you do maybe you shouldn't come to system wars where, as the name implies, it's basically a place to debate and make fun of the other's systems. If what you want is a lemming circle jerk where Microsoft is worshipped as a deity then I'm sure you can find such a place with like-minded individuals such as yourself.

Dick measuring lol, no my Gamerscore proves I play games that's all, does your trophies prove the same? yet you said that i'm always here damage controlling for MS.

Where are the lems talking about that exclusives don't matter? so you're saying that Pedro and monsieurx are lems lol. From what I can gather pedro owns an XB1/PS4/PC, and that monsieurx plays on PC. Yet they got you upset because your sensitive about the PS4, and because they weren't dick riding the PS4 like you do.

I love making fun of cows on here, like i'm doing with you lol.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Pretty soon I'll be the only person who does not own GTAV.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lrdfancypants said:

No I don't own it either and never will. Yet there are people who double dipped on it lol, saddest gamers on the planet.

Can you believe someone in this thread said it was the best game ever lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@lrdfancypants said:

No I don't own it either and never will. Yet there are people who double dipped on it lol, saddest gamers on the planet.

I double dipped. But instead of just binning the copy I bought for my PS3 I sold it.

And it clearly is the best game ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lrdfancypants said:

I double dipped. But instead of just binning the copy I bought for my PS3 I sold it.

Glad that you like it, but best game EVER?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@i_p_daily said:
@boycie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lrdfancypants said:

Glad that you like it, but best game EVER?

Okay.. not the best ever. But it's a dam good game. You should try it some day!

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PinkAnimal

@i_p_daily: I own a PC too, I guess I'm not a cow then ;) you should work on that logic of yours pal. There idea that exclusives don't matter have been pushed by Xbox fanboys this gen since their console doesn't do exclusives anymore. Before they loved their exclusives. You lemmings are too easy to read and catch on your inconsistencies, I'm just trying to warn you so that you can smart up and step up your game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Its really scary how GTA5 is still going that strong after so long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

COD BLOPS III making the list should be discussed. I know people like to make the correlation that old games seeing sales spikes = proof that backwards compatibility is popular. These arguments were made as COD and RDR saw HUGE sales spikes when backwards compatibility was announced for these titles. But we are talking about sales spikes here... Meaning there were a ton of copies SOLD to consumers now that the software is playable on the latest machines. Doesn't that make Sony's Nintendo's approach even smarter than Microsoft's? There are still a ton of people who have their copies of the 360 titles, myself included. How many of us would have just purchased the digital download or another copy if that were the only way to play it? Because that is what the people did who made these games chart in the NPDs again. Let's not even get started on GTA V.

Activision and Rockstar actually missed out on money because of backwards compatibility. And these games' sales spikes prove that consumers have no problem buying the games again. Microsoft may have won over a few message board warriors, but this may prove to be a negative in the long run for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pinkanimal said:

@i_p_daily: I own a PC too, I guess I'm not a cow then ;) you should work on that logic of yours pal. There idea that exclusives don't matter have been pushed by Xbox fanboys this gen since their console doesn't do exclusives anymore. Before they loved their exclusives. You lemmings are too easy to read and catch on your inconsistencies, I'm just trying to warn you so that you can smart up and step up your game.

You're a cow, you can try an hide behind PC all you want, but you defend Sony like your life depends on it, but you must have little to no trophies to be hiding behind PC :(

You accused people of being lems just because they didn't agree with you because you're super sensitive over Sony, and now you're trying to dodge it by not addressing it, and by trying to change the conversation, talking about easy to read lol.

Where have I said exclusives don't matter? again go through my post history and find it because you're all over the place like a mad woman's shit.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

another ps4 beatdown ? yes another ps4 beatdown!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@boycie: Nah I've played GTA3, Vice City & GTA 4, and they were bad imo, the only one I finished was 4 and it was horrible, so that franchise is dead to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@i_p_daily said:

@boycie: Nah I've played GTA3, Vice City & GTA 4, and they were bad imo, the only one I finished was 4 and it was horrible, so that franchise is dead to me.

Each to there own I guess and all that. I think they are great even 4 which you think is horrible.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PinkAnimal

@i_p_daily: oh poor lemming, so you decide who is a cow and who is a lem here? It seems to me you suffer from delusions of grandeur when micromanaging who's who on a forum seems to get you off. Keep being a lemming and keep damage controlling for Microsoft all you like, I actually care little because people like you are as predictable and creative as a rock so it's sort if amusing to see you coming to Microsoft's aid on every single thread and pretend you're so much better than other fanboys. Have a nice life :)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Breath of the Wild already slumped behind GTA V sales levels, surprised, figured it was a must have for everyone with a Switch, then again we know Nintendo is having production issues regarding it; didn't know it'd be that bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@lamprey263 said:

Breath of the Wild already slumped behind GTA V sales levels, surprised, figured it was a must have for everyone with a Switch, then again we know Nintendo is having production issues regarding it; didn't know it'd be that bad.

GTA V is available on a 250 million+ install base. There are about 3 million Switches out there. So to expect a game on a supply starved console to outsell a monster of a game on 5 platforms is silly. Zelda is still leading GTA V overall in 2017, but that won't hold. Hell, what's your favorite game of 2017? Odds are GTA V is outselling it.

Nintendo is going to have supply issues through 2017. I know people like to think it's a manufactured shortage like usual, but this one is legit. Lets just hope the hype can be sustained through the summer and into the holiday season.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@lrdfancypants said:

Are you really in a position to judge if you've never played it?

I thought it was a good game, no where near "best game ever", but still a good game.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5166 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

at this point who in TF does not already own GTA5 because i cant figure out how and who it is still being purchased by

I don't own a copy and probably never will. (haha I've said this before in a thread a few months ago)

I mean the game is on PC, Xbox, and PS4 so the install base is huge for the game, plus it's a top rated AAA game with brand recognition. It will sell well until the next one comes out.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I bought GTAV on PS3 when it was released in 2013. It was an ok game. It was GTA after all. I never played much of it after beating it. Have no desire to get in on PS4.

The question I have is why did people make Infinite Warfare the tenth most purchased game this year? tf?

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Congratulations to the winners.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tigerbalm said:

Congratulations to the winners.

We're all winners in a way.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

Yes!!!! Fire Emblem made it into the top 10! Good to see Fire Emblem doing well, especially on the aging 3DS.

One question, did Echoes do better in its debut month then Fates or Awakening?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

SONY DOMINATION CONTINUATION

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Sony fanboys have nothing left.

No games in the near future. (UC DLC)

No "the best console version" in the future.

Well, back to hardware sales...

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@boycie: Trophies for all!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

is it confirmed?

You could blame Nintendo of lacking supply of the Switch.