looks like ms is coming out with a new xbox soon.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] my xbox360 died, microsoft has my broken xbox360 they sent me another 360 LOL they spent money on that paper weight they cant sell.killerfist
Has nothing to do with it! They make 1 console: Costs them money. They sell 1 console: They make money. And this far, they're makingh money from each console they make....that's the freakin point.

And BTW, those "paperweights" get fixed up and resold or used as replacement units.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#102 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

See, here's where your logic breaks down.

Sony started work on the Cell Processor in March of 2001.

OMG! That means Sony is coming out with the PS3 soon!

Six years later...

Sony launches the PS3.

Now that I've said that, please, go do some research on R&D and then come back, because it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

spent billions of millonsmooboojooboo
That's it. I'm going to have to put up with enough of this kind of stuff by working a Sunday shift at a retail store, but at least I can just walk out when it starts happening here.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]spent billions of millonsVerge_6

That's it. I'm going to have to put up with enough of this kind of stuff by working a Sunday shift at a retail store, but at least I can just walk out when it starts happening here.

OMG! :lol: That sounds like something a kindergartner would say!
SmokeyMcMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#105 SmokeyMcMuffin
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
this thread is full of win
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#106 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
And BTW, those "paperweights" get fixed up and resold or used as replacement units.HuusAsking
They're getting resold? I thought they only get used as replacements. [QUOTE="Verge_6"] Recently banned PS3fanaddict, is that you?

I'm pretty sure it's woobabooba again.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

I will only consider buying this new console if, and only then, if M$ has fixed for good: the RROD, and have come up with some better exclusive games that what the 360 currently has. :)

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] my xbox360 died, microsoft has my broken xbox360 they sent me another 360 LOL they spent money on that paper weight they cant sell.HuusAsking

Has nothing to do with it! They make 1 console: Costs them money. They sell 1 console: They make money. And this far, they're makingh money from each console they make....that's the freakin point.

And BTW, those "paperweights" get fixed up and resold or used as replacement units.

bullcrap you cant fix fried gpu or cpu lol
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
This means nothing. The Wii was in development before the release of the GC, the sooner R&D can start working on the new console, the better.Tylendal
I fully agree with your point but I think the Wii is a bad example, I swear Nintendo must have been working on a true GC successor when they looked at it and thought "hang on we are failing at this" and went back to the drawing board quickly throwing together the Wii after a hallucinogenic brainstorming session. I just cant believe the Wii is the result of a 4-5 year development scheme. Sorry I went off topic, Im glad MS are starting earlier this time around, it means they see they rushed the 360 and this time around we will get a more sturdy bit of kit :). Also Im sure Sony are working on PS4 in concept at least, Sony have always thought far ahead.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] Has nothing to do with it! They make 1 console: Costs them money. They sell 1 console: They make money. And this far, they're makingh money from each console they make....that's the freakin point.mooboojooboo

It's called refurbishing. If a part needs replacing, they replace it. It's usually caused by voids in the solder underneath the chips, and when a variety of heat is applied it causes cracks.

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts

[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="HuusAsking"]And BTW, those "paperweights" get fixed up and resold or used as replacement units.

lundy86_4

It's called refurbishing. If a part needs replacing, they replace it. It's usually caused by voids in the solder underneath the chips, and when a variety of heat is applied it causes cracks.

lol, they aint gonna take every crap apart and replace it. they wasted their money.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#112 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Uh, OT, WoW in its current form wouldn't work on a controller. :| Atleast the end game content.........heck any content above level 60.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Yes, the new Xbox is in development. That does NOT mean it'll be released within the next few months or even at any point this year. You do realize that development takes a great deal of time, don't you? Development cycles are usually 3-4 years, beginning shortly after the most current model release, within that system's 5-6 year generation span.

We probably won't see this new Xbox until 2011 or 2012.

And again, you make the rash presumption that 360 won't be getting any new games this year or the next. MS doesn't do it like Sony, hyping games over 3 years before we finally see them. They like to keep their cards close to their chest, showing theor hand only when it's strategically to their advantage to do so.

We'll have plenty new games to play in 2009 to 2012, trust me :)

AdobeArtist

As much as I want to believe you, I don't. We will see the next xbox holiday season of 2010.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#114 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts
If by "soon" you mean 2012, then yes, soonFloppy_Jim
Yeah, you guys say that but who knows how long they have already been working on it. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is that they are starting to talk about it. And excluisves are drying up. Didn't this happen before? I think it did.... and may just happen again. They are loosing money and face, because of rrod and rrod and now e74. They made a crap console that has a 33% failure rate. They want a replacement. And they want wow with it's potential for them to charge $20 a month, 15 to blizzard and 5 for ms..i see it happening already.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#115 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
I just pre-ordered my 720. Thanks for the info!
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#116 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Oh, and if MS gets WoW on the 360 that could potentially bring massive sales.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]If by "soon" you mean 2012, then yes, soonworld69star69
Yeah, you guys say that but who knows how long they have already been working on it. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is that they are starting to talk about it. And excluisves are drying up. Didn't this happen before? I think it did.... and may just happen again. They are loosing money and face, because of rrod and rrod and now e74. They made a crap console that has a 33% failure rate. They want a replacement. And they want wow with it's potential for them to charge $20 a month, 15 to blizzard and 5 for ms..i see it happening already.

The 360 is in a dry part of it life with exclusives. Wait for E3 before saying there would be a next Box coming out soon. AlsoI am pretty sure the 360 is making money, and link to it having a 33% failure rate that isn't from some random Gamestop worker or an online poll.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Oh, and if MS gets WoW on the 360 that could potentially bring massive sales.carljohnson3456
I doubt it tbh. Not the current WoW anyway. You don't need a supercomputer to play it and it's sitting on 13million(?) accounts so far.:P
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

TC stop lying, blizzard only stated why WoW cannot be done on consoles. Also I believe blizzard wants to get SC:Ghost back out there. I hope they do. If it's for another MMO that's alrite to. I guareentee the next xbox will probably COME with a KB lol

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 The_Game21x

Yeah, and the thing is, you don't know how long they've been working on it either, which completely invalidates your post. :|

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

They aren't loosing money any more though. I think they have actually been making moeny on the 360 for some time now. And with the economy the way it is, I doubt they ae in a rush to be developing and launching the 720 within the next year.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 world69star69

[QUOTE="world69star69"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]If by "soon" you mean 2012, then yes, soonThe_Game21x

Yeah, and the thing is, you don't know how long they've been working on it either, which completely invalidates your post. :|

Your right I don't know. I do know that MS has killed it's first party support...a fact. I know they abandoned pc, a fact. I know that blizzard...ere..cashtivision wants more billions and is eyeing up xbox...fact... MS is loosing money on fixing rrod..fact.. E74 has increased since nxe..fact... They can't compete with the sony exclusives..... Listen to their spokesperson, all he ever does is bash sony, while not saying anything promising for xbox besides vague stuff. Why must he bash? The guy sounds like one of you hardcore lemmings. If he was confident in his product he wouldn't need to bash...he should just spout what is coming for xbox but he can't because there is nothing new really. They mite announce a game or 2 at e3, but i guarantee they are going to mostly have multiplats at e3, as they killed of 1st party. Going by the facts, their past, and current trends, It's easy to speculate that the next xbox will be out soon. I am not saying it will be, just that it may be, as the signs are there showing it.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="world69star69"] Yeah, you guys say that but who knows how long they have already been working on it. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is that they are starting to talk about it. And excluisves are drying up. Didn't this happen before? I think it did.... and may just happen again. They are loosing money and face, because of rrod and rrod and now e74. They made a crap console that has a 33% failure rate. They want a replacement. And they want wow with it's potential for them to charge $20 a month, 15 to blizzard and 5 for ms..i see it happening already. world69star69

Your right I don't know. I do know that MS has killed it's first party support...a fact. I know they abandoned pc, a fact. I know that blizzard...ere..cashtivision wants more billions and is eyeing up xbox...fact... MS is loosing money on fixing rrod..fact.. E74 has increased since nxe..fact... They can't compete with the sony exclusives..... Listen to their spokesperson, all he ever does is bash sony, while not saying anything promising for xbox besides vague stuff. Why must he bash? The guy sounds like one of you hardcore lemmings. If he was confident in his product he wouldn't need to bash...he should just spout what is coming for xbox but he can't because there is nothing new really. They mite announce a game or 2 at e3, but i guarantee they are going to mostly have multiplats at e3, as they killed of 1st party. Going by the facts, their past, and current trends, It's easy to speculate that the next xbox will be out soon. I am not saying it will be, just that it may be, as the signs are there showing it.

Sony's spokeperson does that as well...

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

i laughed

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Yes, the new Xbox is in development. That does NOT mean it'll be released within the next few months or even at any point this year. You do realize that development takes a great deal of time, don't you? Development cycles are usually 3-4 years, beginning shortly after the most current model release, within that system's 5-6 year generation span.

We probably won't see this new Xbox until 2011 or 2012.

And again, you make the rash presumption that 360 won't be getting any new games this year or the next. MS doesn't do it like Sony, hyping games over 3 years before we finally see them. They like to keep their cards close to their chest, showing theor hand only when it's strategically to their advantage to do so.

We'll have plenty new games to play in 2009 to 2012, trust me :)

SmashingX

games like MGS4 andKZ2 may have been announced 4+ years ago, but they came, and they delivered. But I hope the TC's guess isn't true, that would be an outrage if MS decides to do the 360 the same way they did the original, i'd say the first Xbox would be doing well right now if they'd kept it alive, they'd have a card against the PS2 then.

The point is, just because MS isn't announcing a boat load of new games for 2009 in 2008, doesn't mean we got a dry spell. They more often make announcements closer to when they have something to show, and by that I mean real in-game footage and not CGI teasers. MS does have games in development for a couple of years but the promotion of those new games are done closer to when they plan to release them. And there's still plenty of 2009 left to hear what they have in store for us. E3 hasn't even come yet, and as pointed out, the traditional Big Show format is back this year (wooooot, bring on the Booth Babes) :)

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="world69star69"] Yeah, you guys say that but who knows how long they have already been working on it. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is that they are starting to talk about it. And excluisves are drying up. Didn't this happen before? I think it did.... and may just happen again. They are loosing money and face, because of rrod and rrod and now e74. They made a crap console that has a 33% failure rate. They want a replacement. And they want wow with it's potential for them to charge $20 a month, 15 to blizzard and 5 for ms..i see it happening already. world69star69

No, that is not a fact, that is your own assumption, which is in and of itself incorrect with Halo 3: ODST and Halo Wars coming out this year, from first and second party developers. And seriously? MS has abandoned the PC? Where do you get this stuff from?

Oh really? I'd like to see you prove that one.

Based on what? An internet poll on one website (joystiq)? Please.

Opinion. And seriously, have you already forgotten the cocky attitude Sony used to have before this generation started? All the Xbox 1.5 claims and what not? The only reason they aren't as cocky anymore is because the Wii and Xbox 360 have been kicking the crap out of them in the marketplace.

I'm not a lemming. :|

Yeah, and did you ever stop to think about why MS killed the original Xbox? They did that because it was a money sink from the day it came out. The Xbox 360 on the other hand, has been profitable thus far so they have no reason to stop supporting it now. Your claims are unfounded. As far as any of us knows, the next Xbox won't come out for another 2 or 3 years. Your source does nothing to prove that a new Xbox is on the way in the near future.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

According to this well-known games industry analyst, there won't be any more new consoles... linky

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 HuusAsking

According to this well-known games industry analyst, there won't be any more new consoles... linky

67gt500
He forgets the PC. PC games are still coming out all the time, and that always gives the consoles something to which to aspire.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
it's cos ps3 will overtake in sale an ms knowz it
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

Wow... so many of these posts are filled with immense stupidity...!! .... Especially the ones about Microsoft loosing "billions" of dollars on the 360... thats just amazing to me that some of yall actually believe that. Are yall even gamers, because honestly, some of you guys know absolutely nothing about the video game business.

Or are some of yall like 9 (judging by your vocab/spelling)... OR, are a lot of yall just brand new to a console war?? Missed out on SNES vs. Gen, PSX vs Saturn vs N64, DC vs vs PS2 vs GCN vs Xbox....???

If so, welcome to your first console war- now go educuate yourselves.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
it won't be out for a long as time. every ting is being made right now, nintendo wii 2 or what ever they are going to be calling it, microsoft xbox 3/720, sony playstation 4. they are being planed out and made right now. it won't be out any time soon either.
looknostamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132 looknostamp
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

Microsoft makes me so very happy. It also makes me happy when Sony customers speculate on how Microsoft might not be doing as well as we can all clearly see. I can't wait for Sony to go the way of Sega... it's coming.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Microsoft makes me so very happy. It also makes me happy when Sony customers speculate on how Microsoft might not be doing as well as we can all clearly see. I can't wait for Sony to go the way of Sega... it's coming.

looknostamp

Any company going bust is a huge loss in the market, we will see a lot of fantastic developers go under, unless they are bought out, which means a loss of great games. It also means less competition, higher prices etc

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 world69star69

HTML clipboard

No, that is not a fact, that is your own assumption, which is in and of itself incorrect with Halo 3: ODST and Halo Wars coming out this year, from first and second party developers. And seriously? MS has abandoned the PC? Where do you get this stuff from?

Oh really? I'd like to see you prove that one.

Based on what? An internet poll on one website (joystiq)? Please.

Opinion. And seriously, have you already forgotten the cocky attitude Sony used to have before this generation started? All the Xbox 1.5 claims and what not? The only reason they aren't as cocky anymore is because the Wii and Xbox 360 have been kicking the crap out of them in the marketplace.

I'm not a lemming. :|

Yeah, and did you ever stop to think about why MS killed the original Xbox? They did that because it was a money sink from the day it came out. The Xbox 360 on the other hand, has been profitable thus far so they have no reason to stop supporting it now. Your claims are unfounded. As far as any of us knows, the next Xbox won't come out for another 2 or 3 years. Your source does nothing to prove that a new Xbox is on the way in the near future.

1. MS has killed off most of their first party. You are in denial if you think otherwise. They have 2 major 1st party devs - Rare and Lionhead and one that makes lips and stuff... Thats it. They abandoned the pc when they made the 360, the only time they support pc gaming is when they can put out a game from a last gen console on a new os and make that os a requirement ... halo2 for vista..lol..like pc gamers wanted a last gen crap game (crag game compared to pc shooters that is) DX10 failed, Vista failed. They didn't support it, why they want all gamers going on xbox360 why? So they get licensing from every game and subscription fees....they couldn't do this on the pc as it's an open platform and pc gamers would just switch to linux if that happened, pc gamers don't want ms pay to play bs. To put the nail in the coffin even more for ms pc support they killed off the dev teams of their 2 top franchises... Ensemble Studios -- Age of Empires after having them make a mediocre halo rts , and Aces - Flight simulator.... why would they do that? If you are a pc gamer you should feel some major dissapointment and sadness from that. They killed fasa after making them make a stupid 4map multiplayer only shooter- shadowrun, for a franchise that is a table top rpg..it should of been a full fledged rpg, they killed the franchise and the dev and blamed it on the dev...horrible stuff... I loved shadowrun on table top and back in the day on gene and snes...what a shame. So how can you say ms supports pc gaming? What they have a logo on the box? It's just a standard, they don't care because they don't get loot from 3rd party and they killed 1st party

2.You think they aren't loosing money fixing all those broken consoles? it cost money to fix and to ship does it not. And a loss of face do to having hardware that sucks in quality so much. You can't really think they are making money on rrod...well maybe they are as once the warranty runs out they need to pay for the fix and e74 doesn't have warrenty.. funny how after nxe rrod becomes rrod, so they no longer have to fix for free: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/19/joystiq-survey-xbox-360-e74-errors-on-the-rise-since-nxe/8#c17935680

3.Sony Arrogant, maybe kutargai, but they made up for that by canning him, but he did design good hardware, it just got to his head. Sony has been for their consumers, packing as many features as possible into their console. Making it worth the money. Free to play online, theme creation from users. User created mods from pc games, standard non-proprietary accesories- standard hard-drives you can get a 500gb hd for $100 compared to 120gb for 360, standard bluetooth and usb headsets and webcams, streaming from pc media server, web browser, life of ps/folding at home to kill cancer, free home for social networking, free games , i got syphon filter, high velo bowling, and calling all cars for free. Developers talk with the ps consumers on the system and what is coming out, we are always in the loop do to the ps blog..greatest thing ever for people who like tech and talking with the companies making the games and hardware. The thing is you mostly here sony praising their own products not bashing ms. They may throw a sling at them once in a while but no where near that greenburg guy!

4. Your not? You bash ps3 all the time, and have a 360 char in your sig.. i won't say if you are or not, but you definatly have a 360 preference. And by the way, I was talking about Allen Greenburg not you....hmmm defensive are we I said lemming and you assumed I was talking about you? lol..

5. So it was a money sink...ms has billions of dollars...the richest company in the world. They can't keep it alive for the people who invested in it and put their money toward it? The surley could have, but again all ms ever thinks about is their bottom line. Hell they even fired 1000's of people when they made a profit. They cut out studios and jobs because they mad a few thousand less then projected, but still turned profit...from that it seems they only care about money, not the fans or their employees while sony lost moeny and cut tv factory, froze wages and cut ceo bonuses...leaving playstation devs alive. I am not saying ms shouldn't make money but they have money they can let loose to protect their employees..

I never said the new xbox will definatly come out next year, just said soon, that all signs are pointing to it. It's a prediction not a fact.

Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

i can't wait for the new xbox 360 if it ever comes out...so stop hating u noobz &just get inline :)

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I may upset a few loyal 360 fans but I reckon MS should pack-up and get the heck out of the games industry :D I dont think I will every resepct them like I have respect for Sega, Nintendo and Sony.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 world69star69
[QUOTE="67gt500"]

HuusAsking
He forgets the PC. PC games are still coming out all the time, and that always gives the consoles something to which to aspire.

How many times do you lemmings have to associate ms with the pc. They make the operating system that is all. The do not make the hardware. I build my own pc's so I could stamp my company name on it, and put linux in there...MS woulln't make a dime from me. The thing is MS makes no money on pc games unless 1st party, which they havne't done since halo2, age of empires3, and fflight sim x which all came out in 2005 when Vista came out. Nothing has been made from them for pc games. They take no licensing fee from 3rd party pc games, as they are not the platform makers. No one is. Which is the beauty of the pc. You can do whatever you want with it. Make your own game and sell it without a platform owner getting a cutl

You speak about pc games coming out, but the sad thing is that since the360 most have been multiplat and all but crysis, total war, neverwinter nights2, have shown technical superiorty and depth that can't be found on consoles. What makes this sad is it's only a few pc games with the depth and the tech pushing. It's all console ports or games requiring low specs because more people can play them. The tech hasn't improved, it's been in a stagnant state for awile now... when will something top crysis? Doesn't look like anytime soon...it didn't used to be this way. Back before the 360 pc devs were building phenomenal engines and games. Now it's just a few here and there.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I never said the new xbox will definatly come out next year, just said soon, that all signs are pointing to it. It's a prediction not a fact.

world69star69

If it's not coming out next year, then the release of the new Xbox is not "soon", completely invalidating your own thread. And everything about your posts have been about stating your opinions and "predictions" as fact. Don't try to play inoccent now.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="67gt500"]

world69star69

How many times do you lemmings have to associate ms with the pc. They make the operating system that is all. The do not make the hardware. I build my own pc's so I could stamp my company name on it, and put linux in there...MS woulln't make a dime from me. The thing is MS makes no money on pc games unless 1st party, which they havne't done since halo2, age of empires3, and fflight sim x which all came out in 2005 when Vista came out. Nothing has been made from them for pc games. They take no licensing fee from 3rd party pc games, as they are not the platform makers. No one is. Which is the beauty of the pc. You can do whatever you want with it. Make your own game and sell it without a platform owner getting a cutl
You speak about pc games coming out, but the sad thing is that since the360 most have been multiplat and all but crysis, total war, neverwinter nights2, have shown technical superiorty and depth that can't be found on consoles. What makes this sad is it's only a few pc games with the depth and the tech pushing. It's all console ports or games requiring low specs because more people can play them. The tech hasn't improved, it's been in a stagnant state for awile now... when will something top crysis? Doesn't look like anytime soon...it didn't used to be this way. Back before the 360 pc devs were building phenomenal engines and games. Now it's just a few here and there.

Can you play Crysis acceptably on Linux? What about Fallout 3? The latest WoW expansions? Unless you can prove yes to all three, Linux and gaming aren't going anywhere soon. Which means Microsoft has a captive PC audience (you game on PC, you need Windows--no other choice).

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Why would ppl want a last,last gen game on next gen one? damn i really dont want a geeky game like WoW on consoles. Btw if WoW is coming on consoles you can all be sure next gen will suport mouse/kb so yay for that at least.
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

wont be a new xbox til 2011 or 2012 more than likely. and there have been some insanely idiotic posts in this thread. you can tell its the weekend.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#142 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Are you lemmings wondering why your not seeing much from the xbox scene? Well aparntly there is a new xbox in developement, and blizzards rob pardo is in talks with ms getting world of warcraft on it... How greedy is blizzard, or activision? So much for them being pc only. Here is the link:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_032609.html

Guess ms is going to launch a new xbox in the recession. And it happens again...they release a new console early whille killing off the 360 support. History repeats itself. Now the real question is have you lems learned your lesson?

Lets see how many people will buy another console as they killoff this one, before a gen is over....with bad hardware. Will lems fall for this crap again?

Probably... I sure won't! Wow on xbox...hmpp its what happens when activision becomes in charge of blizzard.

world69star69
Are you serious? they trying to expand the market.
BeeefIsGoood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BeeefIsGoood
Member since 2007 • 1418 Posts
i bet the ps4 is in development too, woaaah...
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 The_Game21x

1. MS has killed off most of their first party. You are in denial if you think otherwise. They have 2 major 1st party devs - Rare and Lionhead and one that makes lips and stuff... Thats it. They abandoned the pc when they made the 360, the only time they support pc gaming is when they can put out a game from a last gen console on a new os and make that os a requirement ... halo2 for vista..lol..like pc gamers wanted a last gen crap game (crag game compared to pc shooters that is) DX10 failed, Vista failed. They didn't support it, why they want all gamers going on xbox360 why? So they get licensing from every game and subscription fees....they couldn't do this on the pc as it's an open platform and pc gamers would just switch to linux if that happened, pc gamers don't want ms pay to play bs. To put the nail in the coffin even more for ms pc support they killed off the dev teams of their 2 top franchises... Ensemble Studios -- Age of Empires after having them make a mediocre halo rts , and Aces - Flight simulator.... why would they do that? If you are a pc gamer you should feel some major dissapointment and sadness from that. They killed fasa after making them make a stupid 4map multiplayer only shooter- shadowrun, for a franchise that is a table top rpg..it should of been a full fledged rpg, they killed the franchise and the dev and blamed it on the dev...horrible stuff... I loved shadowrun on table top and back in the day on gene and snes...what a shame. So how can you say ms supports pc gaming? What they have a logo on the box? It's just a standard, they don't care because they don't get loot from 3rd party and they killed 1st party

Ah, I see you've re-worded your earlier statements. Saying MS killed their first party (which is what you originally said) and killed most of their first party are two very different things. MS still has plenty of other studios under its belt and more still working for them as second party developers, such as Mistwalker and Bungie.

Seriously? Gamers will just switch to linux? Do you honestly think games run as well under linux as they do Vista or XP? Yeah, I'd very much like to see you prove that one.

Microsoft supports the Xbox 360 more than it does the PC because that's where the money is for them. Why do you think Sony hasn't really ventured into the PC space aside from SOE? Microsoft knows that if they market a game well enough on the 360, it will most likely sell well enough to make a nice profit. Every console maker charges licensing fees and every one has their own ways of generating revenue to supplement that. You're acting like they're the only ones who charge licensing fees.

Microsoft killed FASA because Shadowrun performed poorly. Shadowrun was a disappointment critically and commercially. Shadowrun featured much more than 4 maps Oh, and where are you getting this whole "MS forced FASA to make Shadowrun" line from? Seriously dude, if you're going to bash MS for something, you need to get your facts straight first...

I am not a PC gamer (yet), so the loss of Flight Simulator (really? You think PC gamers are going to be truly sad about that?)

Halo Wars was far from mediocre. It is currently ranked at an 82 on metacritic. Yes, it scored low here, I'm not going to refute that. Generally, games that are ranked at an 82 overall from several sources are not mediocre.

2.You think they aren't loosing money fixing all those broken consoles? it cost money to fix and to ship does it not. And a loss of face do to having hardware that sucks in quality so much. You can't really think they are making money on rrod...well maybe they are as once the warranty runs out they need to pay for the fix and e74 doesn't have warrenty.. funny how after nxe rrod becomes rrod, so they no longer have to fix for free: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/19/joystiq-survey-xbox-360-e74-errors-on-the-rise-since-nxe/8#c17935680

I didn't say they were making money on the RROD. I also didn't say that it doesn't cost them any money to fix. :| I said that the Xbox 360 and the Xbox division as a whole has been profitable for MS, and that's a fact.

The E74 is covered under the one year warranty that MS still offers on every new console. Oh and here's a tip. If you call MS and tell them your system has the RROD, they'll fix it for free, no matter what the problem is, as long as your system is still under the 3 year warranty.

3.Sony Arrogant, maybe kutargai, but they made up for that by canning him, but he did design good hardware, it just got to his head. Sony has been for their consumers, packing as many features as possible into their console. Making it worth the money. Free to play online, theme creation from users. User created mods from pc games, standard non-proprietary accesories- standard hard-drives you can get a 500gb hd for $100 compared to 120gb for 360, standard bluetooth and usb headsets and webcams, streaming from pc media server, web browser, life of ps/folding at home to kill cancer, free home for social networking, free games , i got syphon filter, high velo bowling, and calling all cars for free. Developers talk with the ps consumers on the system and what is coming out, we are always in the loop do to the ps blog..greatest thing ever for people who like tech and talking with the companies making the games and hardware. The thing is you mostly here sony praising their own products not bashing ms. They may throw a sling at them once in a while but no where near that greenburg guy!

I'm guessing you've never heard of Jack Tretton (the I'll give you $1200 if you can find a PS3 on NA shelves guy),saying such things as the "PS3 is still dominant" in light of the fact that they have been fighting a losing battle against the Wii and 360 in the marketplace.

Greenburg is arrogant, I'll give you that one, but please, don't pretend like Sony is some sort of saint here. As I said, the only reason they're not arrogant right now is because they can't be, not because they've turned over a new leaf.

4. Your not? You bash ps3 all the time, and have a 360 char in your sig.. i won't say if you are or not, but you definatly have a 360 preference. And by the way, I was talking about Allen Greenburg not you....hmmm defensive are we I said lemming and you assumed I was talking about you? lol..

No, I'm not. Joanna Dark (the girl in my avatar and sig) is a character that originated on the Nintendo 64 and starred in my favorite game of all time, Perfect Dark (N64). It has nothing to do with the 360.

I do not bash the Playstation 3. All I've done in this thread and on this forum in general is defend the 360 from the likes of you. You are doing the bashing here. I haven't said a bad thing about the PS3 yet. I own one and enjoy it; I have no reason to bash it. And yes, I do have a strong preference toward the 360. I've never stated otherwise. But having said preference does not mean I automatically hate the Wii (which I also own) or the PS3.

Defensive? Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have a reason to say that when you said, and I quote: "The guy sounds like one of you hardcore lemmings." Perhaps I'm mistaken but the last time I checked, the phrase "one of you" would imply that I am a member of said group would it not? Yes, I was being defensive, but only because you made a false statement about me.

5. So it was a money sink...ms has billions of dollars...the richest company in the world. They can't keep it alive for the people who invested in it and put their money toward it? The surley could have, but again all ms ever thinks about is their bottom line. Hell they even fired 1000's of people when they made a profit. They cut out studios and jobs because they mad a few thousand less then projected, but still turned profit...from that it seems they only care about money, not the fans or their employees while sony lost moeny and cut tv factory, froze wages and cut ceo bonuses...leaving playstation devs alive. I am not saying ms shouldn't make money but they have money they can let loose to protect their employees..

I'm sorry, I don't care how rich you are but if aa product has lost your company over 4 billion dollars over the period of four years, the wise thing to do would be to cut it off.

And please dude, spare me the "all MS cares about is their bottom line" crap because that's what all companies care about. The reason Sony hasn't cut the price on the PS3 and continue to try to justify its relatively high price is because they simply cannot afford to. They have already lost billions of dollars supporting it over the years (whichobliterated the profit they made from the PS2 as well, fyi) and they can't afford to push themselves further into the red by cutting the price. This is a fact. I can guarantee you; Sony doesn't care about you or I any more than MS does. All companies are in it for the money. The sooner you realize this, the happier you'll be.

The poor state of the economy is taking its toll on everyone dude, and yes, that includes Sony's Playstation division.

If the release of the new Xbox isn't going to happen within the next year, then it's not "soon". I can guarantee you there will not be a new Xbox released until 2011 or 2012 and also, since the Xbox 360 has been profitable thus far, I can also guarantee that they will not immediately cut off support for the 360 when the new Xbox is released, whenever that may be.

world69star69

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2094 Posts
TC I would expect a post like this to be made by someone with much less posting experience, your arguments are critically flawed as pointed out by the_game21x, please have the good grace to accept it when your wrong argue over the more subjective points fine but when financial reports abound that the xbox division is profitable don't say it's unprofitable.
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

It must be the SLIM Xbox360. :P

Avatar image for jamacian_zombie
jamacian_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 jamacian_zombie
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts

I can't wait to play Halo 4!

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
they need the PS3 to turn more profitable for a few years before being ready.Scoob64
It won't matter. I'd be surprised if Sony turns any profit at all with the PS3
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

WoW would suck on a console. There isn't enough buttons for all your attacks.

SeanDiff
key board maybe?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
I may upset a few loyal 360 fans but I reckon MS should pack-up and get the heck out of the games industry :D I dont think I will every resepct them like I have respect for Sega, Nintendo and Sony.Swift_Boss_A
Is this like suprising? you've made this evident for a long time now its not like you were some vocal microsoft support EVER.