looks like ms is coming out with a new xbox soon.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts

Are you lemmings wondering why your not seeing much from the xbox scene? Well aparntly there is a new xbox in developement, and blizzards rob pardo is in talks with ms getting world of warcraft on it... How greedy is blizzard, or activision? So much for them being pc only. Here is the link:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_032609.html

Guess ms is going to launch a new xbox in the recession. And it happens again...they release a new console early whille killing off the 360 support. History repeats itself. Now the real question is have you lems learned your lesson?

Lets see how many people will buy another console as they killoff this one, before a gen is over....with bad hardware. Will lems fall for this crap again?

Probably... I sure won't! Wow on xbox...hmpp its what happens when activision becomes in charge of blizzard.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Yes, the new Xbox is in development. That does NOT mean it'll be released within the next few months or even at any point this year. You do realize that development takes a great deal of time, don't you? Development cycles are usually 3-4 years, beginning shortly after the most current model release, within that system's 5-6 year generation span.

We probably won't see this new Xbox until 2011 or 2012.

And again, you make the rash presumption that 360 won't be getting any new games this year or the next. MS doesn't do it like Sony, hyping games over 3 years before we finally see them. They like to keep their cards close to their chest, showing theor hand only when it's strategically to their advantage to do so.

We'll have plenty new games to play in 2009 to 2012, trust me :)

GastaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GastaS
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts

If M$ releasesa new console, this one will be fully compatible with xbox360 games!

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
your acting like its coming out next week lol..
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
This means nothing. The Wii was in development before the release of the GC, the sooner R&D can start working on the new console, the better.
SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Yes, the new Xbox is in development. That does NOT mean it'll be released within the next few months or even at any point this year. You do realize that development takes a great deal of time, don't you? Development cycles are usually 3-4 years, beginning shortly after the most current model release, within that system's 5-6 year generation span.

We probably won't see this new Xbox until 2011 or 2012.

And again, you make the rash presumption that 360 won't be getting any new games this year or the next. MS doesn't do it like Sony, hyping games over 3 years before we finally see them. They like to keep their cards close to their chest, showing theor hand only when it's strategically to their advantage to do so.

We'll have plenty new games to play in 2009 to 2012, trust me :)

AdobeArtist

games like MGS4 andKZ2 may have been announced 4+ years ago, but they came, and they delivered. But I hope the TC's guess isn't true, that would be an outrage if MS decides to do the 360 the same way they did the original, i'd say the first Xbox would be doing well right now if they'd kept it alive, they'd have a card against the PS2 then.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
And right now Sony are making a new Playstation as well so whats your point!
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

This means nothing. The Wii was in development before the release of the GC, the sooner R&D can start working on the new console, the better.Tylendal

This. Once a console is released they immediately start working on the next system. Your insane if you think a new Xbox is coming this year.

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
Microsoft said that they will not stop selling 360's as they did with the XBox. Too many people were buying the XBox just to mod it, and they were losing money because of this....
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -GeordiLaForge-

that would be an outrage if MS decides to do the 360 the same way they did the original

SmashingX
Microsoft said that they won't do this again. The first time around, nVidia would not give MS A break on prices (which is why they gave ATI their dream job of working on a GPU without having to conform to any API), so they were losing money on every console sold. And since so many people were modding their xbox's, they were losing too much money to keep it on the market...
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

But if MS launched the Xbox 3 in late 2010 it would probably be the end of the PS3's success... at least in NA and Europe IMO

Not to mention it would be huge trouble for Sony- they won't be ready to launch PS4 till probably at LEAST 2012... and I'm guessing early 2013.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
You do know Sony would be developing their next console also right?
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scoob64

You do know Sony would be developing their next console also right?rybe1025

Sony has poured so much money into the PS3 they won't be ready to launch anywhere near as soon as MS would be... they need the PS3 to turn more profitable for a few years before being ready.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="rybe1025"]You do know Sony would be developing their next console also right?Scoob64

Sony has poured so much money into the PS3 they won't be ready to launch anywhere near as soon as MS would be... they need the PS3 to turn more profitable for a few years before being ready.

But that doesn't mean there isn't already a group of people in R&D saying things like. "You know, it would be really cool if we could somehow make this console interface with the consumer's fridge", or "Maybe the PS4 should have built in mini-cooler."
SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts

WoW would suck on a console. There isn't enough buttons for all your attacks.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
You're right TC, console development takes the same amount of effort and resources as a game hence they have similar cycles and times :roll:
Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
People thinking a new xbox console would sell well right now make me laugh. Is it only people with no jobs/bills on these forums?
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -GeordiLaForge-
Didn't Sony say that they wouldn't release a replacement for the PS3 for about 10 years from it's release?
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

SeanDiff

I've played FFXI on PS2/PS3 (and its available on 360), I doubt that's the problem.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rybe1025
It amazes me how many act like the development for a console only takes a few months before launch. This is not even a thing where it is just young posters this is more just a thing where it is common sense to understand this. These things takes years and yes all 3 companies are planning their next one. They do not just slap a new console together because billions can be put at stake here for example look how much money Sony has lost on the PS3. These are things that are planned years in advance before they luanch.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rybe1025

SeanDiff
The next consoles will probably have mouse and keyboard so it would be no different. I just hate the thought of the average console user destroying my great WoW universe. Thinking about the people I hear on PSN for example and then thinking about on Vent during a raid sends shivers :lol:
lancer_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lancer_87
Member since 2009 • 440 Posts
Didn't Sony say that they wouldn't release a replacement for the PS3 for about 10 years from it's release?-GeordiLaForge-
No your statement gives an entirely different meaning.They said that the life cycle of the PS3 will be 10 years,and thats pretty much true.The life cycle of PS2 is already 9 years and as projected, will cross 10years.People are still using it,games are still coming out for it.And sales are still there.A new PS usually realeases after 6 years,shortly after the slim version comes out.So first we are looking at a slim PS3 and after that a PS4 in somewhere around 2012-2013.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
They said that the life cycle of the PS3 will be 10 years,and thats pretty much true..lancer_87
How's that "true" if if hasn't happened yet, anf you can't know if it will actually happen?
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Scoob64

Of course Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have had their new consoles in development, at least early stage development, since before the launch of the current systems... I was just speculating... and I would love to see WoW on a console... especially if the online play was free.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#27 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It takes years to develop a console. They're not going to just develop it quickly and release it next month.

There really is no logic here in SW....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="lancer_87"]They said that the life cycle of the PS3 will be 10 years,and thats pretty much true..IronBass
How's that "true" if if hasn't happened yet, anf you can't know if it will actually happen?

Yeah, exactly.

We aren't in the future yet.

Besides, the Lifecycle doesn't mean a new system isn't coming.

PSOne came out in 1994,

the PS2 came out in 2000,

and the PS3 came out in 2006.

The PSOne didn't die off immediately, nor did the PS2, so even though the PS3 is scheduled to have a "10 Year" cycle does not mean that the PS4 won't be here in *adds Six to PS3* 2012?

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -GeordiLaForge-

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]Didn't Sony say that they wouldn't release a replacement for the PS3 for about 10 years from it's release?whatisazerg

No.... no they never said that. They merely claimed the PS3 would be supported for 10 years..... When you get older I hope you learn to read between the lines better, for your sake.

When I get older? I'm older than you kid. Of that I can be sure. But I asked a question anyway, I didn't state it as fact. I wasn't exactly sure what they said, which is why I asked. Ah well, hopefully by the end of the 10 years PS3 games will match the shader quality of 360 launch games :P
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
What a failure of thread,just because they're already working on the console doesn't mean is coming out any soon,and before claiming nonesense you should back your claims.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

It takes years to develop a console. They're not going to just develop it quickly and release it next month.

There really is no logic here in SW....

SpinoRaptor24
I agree... On all points you made. :)
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]Didn't Sony say that they wouldn't release a replacement for the PS3 for about 10 years from it's release?-GeordiLaForge-

No.... no they never said that. They merely claimed the PS3 would be supported for 10 years..... When you get older I hope you learn to read between the lines better, for your sake.

When I get older? I'm older than you kid. Of that I can be sure. But I asked a question anyway, I didn't state it as fact. I wasn't exactly sure what they said, which is why I asked. Ah well, hopefully by the end of the 10 years PS3 games will match the shader quality of 360 launch games :P

I typed up a response for you, but after proof reading it, I realized it would get me modded.... so you just continue doing what you're doing, Good Luck with your life.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
If by "soon" you mean 2012, then yes, soon
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -GeordiLaForge-

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

whatisazerg

I typed up a response for you, but after proof reading it, I realized it would get me modded.... so you just continue doing what you're doing, Good Luck with your life.

lol, lighten up man. If you let something as trivial as this get to you, you'll have a heart attack when you see some of the responses that you get.. How does the saying go? If you take life to seriously, you'll never make it out alive...
boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Of course it's in development, its that not obvious? I put money on the PS4 being in development, ven if we dont see it for years.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I'm sure all started on new systems as soon as this gen were released. I'm sure each had some kind of team brainstorming on next line. As for Microsoft, they better take their time & get it right this time around as hardware issues as pathetic as they are on the Xbox 360 won't be put up with by myself next gen.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
Yes and so is the PS4, remember the PS3 was in development in 2001 that only a year after release of PS2.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

For me a new console in 2010/2011 would be perfect considering im on this gen since december 05. I just hope they implement BC and support the 360 a few more years.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I find this whole "Dey killed off da xbox so soon" crap ridiculous. The Gamecube was finished off before the Xbox, and nobody ever talks about that, Xbox had support right up until the 360 came out, sure no first party but it still had games like Black and other great titles coming out.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22747 Posts
I think its cool that development has begun and the wheels are turning, but honestly, this has been a great generation of games and im more fixated on what they can squeeze out of my "now" console.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I think its cool that development has begun and the wheels are turning, but honestly, this has been a great generation of games and im more fixated on what they can squeeze out of my "now" console. TheEroica
and who even knows if development has begun, they could just be in the R&D side of things asking what the devs would want to see, and asking Blizzard their advise, i think, would be classified as a smart move
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
[QUOTE="world69star69"]

Lets see how many people will buy another console as they killoff this one, before a gen is over.

Who decides when a generation is over? You? It's obviously over when somebody releases a new console.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I'm sure they're in the stage of making a new console. I don't think it'll be released anytime soon though. If it does(within a year)....well, that would suck imo.
lancer_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lancer_87
Member since 2009 • 440 Posts
[QUOTE="lancer_87"]They said that the life cycle of the PS3 will be 10 years,and thats pretty much true..IronBass

Judging by the past record of Sonys consoles.
MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

They started working on the new one after the 360 was released.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
of course they are working on a new console and even if it somes out in the next 2-3 years i would think the ps3 should be able to still compete. i mean how do MS improve there consoles now? make them harder to pirate? be able to read large amounts and process all the data of a blu-ray disc? imo they'll have the problem sony had with there hardware at the start with it being too costly, which i also think wont exceed too far from sonys current hardware.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
hopefully new xbox isnt reason for lack of software, they seriously need to make the consoles last longer.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
if a new xbox is being released soon, they will cancel much of titles in development and save them for next xbox how they did with original xbox.
theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
Umm no one seems too know why MS droped the xbox. "NVIDIA ceased production of the Xbox's GPU in August 2005, which marked the end of Xbox production and the quick release of the Xbox 360 on November 22, 2005". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox That was from Wikipedia, that proves MS didn't just drop the xbox just too drop it.