looks like ms is coming out with a new xbox soon.

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
a new everything has been in development sense the day (sometimes before) the console is released
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
a new everything has been in development sense the day (sometimes before) the console is releasedshadow_hosi
xbox launched november 2001, died august 2005 LOL. seems xbox360 is dead soon,
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mooboojooboo
2001-2005 original xbox dead less than 4 years xbox360 2005-2009 LOL dead soon in less than 4 years?
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
2001-2005 original xbox dead less than 4 years xbox360 2005-2009 LOL dead soon in less than 4 years?mooboojooboo
dead last time i check it was the best selling HD Console out there, am i wrong?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]2001-2005 original xbox dead less than 4 years xbox360 2005-2009 LOL dead soon in less than 4 years?yoyo462001
dead last time i check it was the best selling HD Console out there, am i wrong?

then where's the exclusive games? dude xbox360 is dead soon, they didnt even announced crap at gdc.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
your acting like its coming out next week lol..daveg1
what i was thinking
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mooboojooboo
console gamings a rip off. i built my gaming pc in 2004 and i can still max out all pc games on market including crysis. 2004-2009=5 years my pc outlasted original xbox's lifespan AHHAHahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
[QUOTE="yoyo462001"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]2001-2005 original xbox dead less than 4 years xbox360 2005-2009 LOL dead soon in less than 4 years?mooboojooboo

then where's the exclusive games? dude xbox360 is dead soon, they didnt even announced crap at gdc.

Umm, isn't E3 the traditional place to announce new games?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="yoyo462001"]dead last time i check it was the best selling HD Console out there, am i wrong?-GeordiLaForge-

e3 is dead
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]a new everything has been in development sense the day (sometimes before) the console is releasedmooboojooboo

They had to kill the original XBox. They were losing money on every console that they sold (thanks to nVidia). And sice everyone was modding their consoles instead of buying games, keeping the XBox on the market would have been a financial disaster...
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] then where's the exclusive games? dude xbox360 is dead soon, they didnt even announced crap at gdc.

e3 is dead

I thought they just downsized it
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
the ps4 and wii2 are also in development, this doesn't mean a thing. I think they will all release around late 2011- early 2012 time.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

I better start saving my money... :D

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] e3 is dead

They downsized it, but because last year was ass they have made it bigger again, so it will have the big game announcements.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
the ps4 and wii2 are also in development, this doesn't mean a thing. I think they will all release around late 2011- early 2012 time.Mckenna1845
Seriously, I DOUBT the PS4 is already in development. Wii2 however, is a good possibility because Nintendo's sales are dropping and the interest in Wii's in dropping.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]Umm, isn't E3 the traditional place to announce new games?-GeordiLaForge-
e3 is dead

might aswell be dead. if microsoft had some good games in development i think they would of announced them to build hype.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="Mckenna1845"]the ps4 and wii2 are also in development, this doesn't mean a thing. I think they will all release around late 2011- early 2012 time._LiquidFlame_
Seriously, I DOUBT the PS4 is already in development. Wii2 however, is a good possibility because Nintendo's sales are dropping and the interest in Wii's in dropping.

as soon as they release a console they start making a new one, but i think ps3 lifespan will be longer.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
[QUOTE="yoyo462001"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]2001-2005 original xbox dead less than 4 years xbox360 2005-2009 LOL dead soon in less than 4 years?mooboojooboo

Because everyone waits till GDC to announce games? i thought so.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]a new everything has been in development sense the day (sometimes before) the console is released-GeordiLaForge-

They had to kill the original XBox. They were losing money on every console that they sold (thanks to nVidia). And sice everyone was modding their consoles instead of buying games, keeping the XBox on the market would have been a financial disaster...

Not to mention their supply of XChip GPUs ran out. No XChip, no XBox.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
of course the next xbox is in development.... what else would the freaking R&D department at MSgames even DO?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mooboojooboo
microsoft was suposibily gonna make the cpu for next xbox themselves.
TechGuru89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TechGuru89
Member since 2009 • 478 Posts
New consoles are in development almost immediately after the release or their current gen stuff. I bet you anything Ninty and Sony are working on their new console as well. :D
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

We're more than halfway through the current generation...what competent console company would NOT have their next product in development at this stage? Do you have any idea how much time those things take to get through the process?

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
New consoles are in development almost immediately after the release or their current gen stuff. I bet you anything Ninty and Sony are working on their new console as well. :DTechGuru89
They pretty much are. But Lets say MS releases a new console in fall 2009 it would be stupid on there part as the gen is short and many people are still adopting consoles and looking for a good buy, and to just scrap the 360 after only 4 years would be really bad on there part especially now in tough times.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Verge_6
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] e3 is dead

might aswell be dead. if microsoft had some good games in development i think they would of announced them to build hype.

Anyone who bases the 360's lifespan off of its predecessor's really needs to do some serious research. Firstly, the Xbox was hemmoraging money. Secondly, they could not be supplied with critical components (like the bloody CPU) for it in 2005. They had every reason to cease production.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]I thought they just downsized itVerge_6

Anyone who bases the 360's lifespan off of its predecessor's really needs to do some serious research. Firstly, the Xbox was hemmoraging money. Secondly, they could not be supplied with critical components (like the bloody CPU) for it in 2005. They had every reason to cease production.

actually xbox360 was more expensive to build than original xbox.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mooboojooboo
the custom geforce 3 gpu xbox had was only custom part besides mainboard was easy to manufacture
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Verge_6
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] might aswell be dead. if microsoft had some good games in development i think they would of announced them to build hype.

...Where in the name of God did I bring up the price of the console itself? I guess I have to clarify even further... The Xbox was not turning a profit for every unit sold. The 360, despite it being more expensive to manufacture, IS turning a profit.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Anyone who bases the 360's lifespan off of its predecessor's really needs to do some serious research. Firstly, the Xbox was hemmoraging money. Secondly, they could not be supplied with critical components (like the bloody CPU) for it in 2005. They had every reason to cease production.

...Where in the name of God did I bring up the price of the console itself? I guess I have to clarify even further... The Xbox was not turning a profit for every unit sold. The 360, despite it being more expensive to manufacture, IS turning a profit.

xbox original sold more than xbox360.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Verge_6
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] actually xbox360 was more expensive to build than original xbox.

xbox original sold more than xbox360.

...How is this not getting through to you? I mean, really...this is just headdesk worthy. Xbox NOT make money for every Xbox sold. Xbox lose MS money XBox 360 MAKE money for every 360 sold. 360 get MS more money. That's good.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] might aswell be dead. if microsoft had some good games in development i think they would of announced them to build hype.

AT FIRST. That's the key element. This time around, Microsoft owns all the critical IP to its CPU and GPU. This allowed Microsoft to shop around the get good deals on the manufacture of its chips. This in turn drove down the manufacturing costs. Using plenty of commodity parts (including the DVD drive) that were quick to raise to economies of scale also helped a lot. The original XBox never turned a profit per console sold. The 360 became a profit-maker in just over a year, and the situation can only improve as the production costs keep dropping.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Verge_6
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Anyone who bases the 360's lifespan off of its predecessor's really needs to do some serious research. Firstly, the Xbox was hemmoraging money. Secondly, they could not be supplied with critical components (like the bloody CPU) for it in 2005. They had every reason to cease production.

AT FIRST. That's the key element. This time around, Microsoft owns all the critical IP to its CPU and GPU. This allowed Microsoft to shop around the get good deals on the manufacture of its chips. This in turn drove down the manufacturing costs. Using plenty of commodity parts (including the DVD drive) that were quick to raise to economies of scale also helped a lot. The original XBox never turned a profit per console sold. The 360 became a profit-maker in just over a year, and the situation can only improve as the production costs keep dropping.

Wow, not only was that a totally useless point he brought up, but it was an INCORRECT useless point...
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Anyone who bases the 360's lifespan off of its predecessor's really needs to do some serious research. Firstly, the Xbox was hemmoraging money. Secondly, they could not be supplied with critical components (like the bloody CPU) for it in 2005. They had every reason to cease production.

companys never make money by selling hardware.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] actually xbox360 was more expensive to build than original xbox.mooboojooboo

companys never make money by selling hardware.

Nintendo always does, and Microsoft does now. The 360 is in the black. So is the PS2. PS3's status is unknown.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] companys never make money by selling hardware.

Yeah they do..
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] companys never make money by selling hardware.

Yeah they do..

nope xbox360 is much more of a money pit than original xbox, lol red ring of death anyone?
atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

Are you lemmings wondering why your not seeing much from the xbox scene? Well aparntly there is a new xbox in developement, and blizzards rob pardo is in talks with ms getting world of warcraft on it... How greedy is blizzard, or activision? So much for them being pc only. Here is the link:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_032609.html

Guess ms is going to launch a new xbox in the recession. And it happens again...they release a new console early whille killing off the 360 support. History repeats itself. Now the real question is have you lems learned your lesson?

Lets see how many people will buy another console as they killoff this one, before a gen is over....with bad hardware. Will lems fall for this crap again?

Probably... I sure won't! Wow on xbox...hmpp its what happens when activision becomes in charge of blizzard.

world69star69

Are you just trying to stir up the lemmings or are you really this dumb. Microsoft is not releasing a new console until after 2010. No manufacturer would dump a successful console in this economy to release a new one. Go take a business cla$$ you might actuallylearn something.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Verge_6
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] companys never make money by selling hardware.

Yeah they do..

nope xbox360 is much more of a money pit than original xbox, lol red ring of death anyone?

Recently banned PS3fanaddict, is that you?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mooboojooboo

[QUOTE="world69star69"]

Are you lemmings wondering why your not seeing much from the xbox scene? Well aparntly there is a new xbox in developement, and blizzards rob pardo is in talks with ms getting world of warcraft on it... How greedy is blizzard, or activision? So much for them being pc only. Here is the link:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_032609.html

Guess ms is going to launch a new xbox in the recession. And it happens again...they release a new console early whille killing off the 360 support. History repeats itself. Now the real question is have you lems learned your lesson?

Lets see how many people will buy another console as they killoff this one, before a gen is over....with bad hardware. Will lems fall for this crap again?

Probably... I sure won't! Wow on xbox...hmpp its what happens when activision becomes in charge of blizzard.

atarigrad

Are you just trying to stir up the lemmings or are you really this dumb. Microsoft is not releasing a new console until after 2010. No manufacturer would dump a successful console in this economy to release a new one. Go take a business ****you might learn something.

lol i remember reading microsoft spent billions of money because this red ring of death crap, yep they making money.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 killerfist
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] companys never make money by selling hardware.

Yeah they do..

That's the entire point of running a buisness....to make a profit out of what you make...:?
DeckardLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DeckardLee
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

*facepalm @ TC

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killerfist"] Yeah they do..

That's the entire point of running a buisness....to make a profit out of what you make...:?

they make it from games and xbox live. but they losing it just as fast as they making it.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 killerfist
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] they make it from games and xbox live. but they losing it just as fast as they making it.

.................................................................................:| Come on man...=/
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] they make it from games and xbox live. but they losing it just as fast as they making it.

.................................................................................:| Come on man...=/

my xbox360 died, microsoft has my broken xbox360 they sent me another 360 LOL they spent money on that paper weight they cant sell.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] nope xbox360 is much more of a money pit than original xbox, lol red ring of death anyone?

they make it from games and xbox live. but they losing it just as fast as they making it.

Care to prove that with financial statistics for the last year or so?
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

You do know that Sony is working on their next console as well right?

It doesn't mean that it's going to be released next week or anything:roll:

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killerfist"] That's the entire point of running a buisness....to make a profit out of what you make...:?

Care to prove that with financial statistics for the last year or so?

report said microsoft spent billions replacing everyones broken 360s. LOL they stuck with a bunch of paper weights they cant sell.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 killerfist
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"] my xbox360 died, microsoft has my broken xbox360 they sent me another 360 LOL they spent money on that paper weight they cant sell.

Has nothing to do with it! They make 1 console: Costs them money. They sell 1 console: They make money. And this far, they're makingh money from each console they make....that's the freakin point.
lancer_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lancer_87
Member since 2009 • 440 Posts
lol MS gave up on the 360 so soon ?