LOL So whos really going to buy the 360 version of rage if you have a ps3 or PC?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Lol so if you dont install all 3 discs then you get mad texture poppin...but either way you are going to be switching discs. This basically guarantees the 360 version to get a lower score here at GS. Sucks if you only game on a 360....

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Switching discs guarantees a lower score now? What?

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I buy all my multiplats for the my 360. I'm also healthy, so getting up to change a disk isn't a big deal. With that said, I've played Borderlands & Fallout already, so I probably won't be playing Rage.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

I'm gonna buy the 360 version and I own a PS3. Is there a problem :?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Who is buying Rage period? :?

[spoiler] I am :P [/spoiler]

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

major texture popin? this has nothing to do with the required install on the ps3 or the disc based gameplay of the 360 version there have been games on the ps3 that had far more popin on the ps3 version even after a required install...and usually the 360's installs dominate over what the ps3's required installs actually do for you, they aren't just for decreasing noise they usually increase load times and clear up other problems far beyond what the ps3 versions required install does.

We've yet to even see the game compared in each version and its not even been released yet...so...

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

PinkieWinkie

Teture poppin, a huge install. and switching discs. What do you think sherlock?

You only have to install the disc youre playing on. Disc 2 time? Install disc 2 delete disc 1
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

PinkieWinkie

One likely wont be an issue, one is optional, and gamers have been dealing with the last one since the PS1. Tons of games have released on multiple discs this gen and more have had pop-in, and they haven't scored worse for it. I doubt Rage will, either, Watson.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

PinkieWinkie

Your reasoning? Do you currently suffer from a mental condition?

Yes it's the mental condition of "Idon'tgivearatsassabouttexturepopinsandswitchingdiscs"

I hear it's severe! :o

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PinkieWinkie

major texture popin? this has nothing to do with the required install on the ps3 or the disc based gameplay of the 360 version there have been games on the ps3 that had far more popin on the ps3 version even after a required install...and usually the 360's installs dominate over what the ps3's required installs actually do for you, they aren't just for decreasing noise they usually increase load times and clear up other problems far beyond what the ps3 versions required install does.

We've yet to even see the game compared in each version and its not even been released yet...so...

WilliamRLBaker

Good job trying to bring up other games and such, unforunately in this thread we are talking about the inferior 360 version of rage. Now go trim your beard.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Plagueless

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

PinkieWinkie

Your reasoning? Do you currently suffer from a mental condition?

Hed rather play the game when he buys it than wait for a 1 hr install on PS3.
xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xsatyr86
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts
If I had to choose between 360 and ps3 then I would go with the 360. Lucky for me I have a pc so whatevs.
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

One likely wont be an issue, one is optional, and gamers have been dealing with the last one since the PS1. Tons of games have released on multiple discs this gen and more have had pop-in, and they haven't scored worse for it. I doubt Rage will, either, Watson.

Alright so texture poppin isnt an issue to you, definately an issue. So since we've been doing since PS1 means its ok? Maybe MS needs to get with the times, things change.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Your reasoning? Do you currently suffer from a mental condition?

PinkieWinkie

lol @ 22gb install and switching discs every 30 mins. K bud.

Youve obviously never played a multi disc game on 360. And as i stated before, install is optional and you only have to install the disc your currently on (7-8 gbs)
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
quick everyone, you have to switch disks.....GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!!
xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xsatyr86

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Your reasoning? Do you currently suffer from a mental condition?

PinkieWinkie

Switching disk every 30 minutes? Troll much?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Teture poppin, a huge install. and switching discs. What do you think sherlock?

PinkieWinkie

Alright so texture poppin isnt an issue to you, definately an issue. So since we've been doing since PS1 means its ok? Maybe MS needs to get with the times, things change.

Unless it's happening all the time... nope not an issue. Nah, but I don't mind getting off my ass for 10 seconds to swap a DVD. I'm getting the PC version though, so none of this affects me.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I would rather play it on 360, but preordered for the PS3 because it's on one disc. After 3 disc LA Noire I'm through with multi-disc multiplats on 360 (Mass Effect 3 being the only exception if it's multi-disc since all my saves for ME1 and 2 are on 360)

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Plagueless

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Teture poppin, a huge install. and switching discs. What do you think sherlock?

PinkieWinkie

You know whats funny? Installs on 360 are much faster than on ps3. You could probably install the whole 22 gb optional install faster than the ps3s 8gig one. And since on 360 it installs the whole game, it will perfom better. T
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Hed rather play the game when he buys it than wait for a 1 hr install on PS3.Plagueless

Youve obviously never played a multi disc game on 360. And as i stated before, install is optional and you only have to install the disc your currently on (7-8 gbs)

Why the hell would i play a multi disc game on 360? So you have to switch discs along with installing every disc? Sucks. Sure does remove you from the experience when you have to change a disc and then wait for an install. Real immersive....

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] One likely wont be an issue, one is optional, and gamers have been dealing with the last one since the PS1. Tons of games have released on multiple discs this gen and more have had pop-in, and they haven't scored worse for it. I doubt Rage will, either, Watson.Plagueless

You know whats funny? Installs on 360 are much faster than on ps3. You could probably install the whole 22 gb optional install faster than the ps3s 8gig one. And since on 360 it installs the whole game, it will perfom better. T

So you got your copy or Rage already? Lucky.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

switching discs every 30 minutses?? reeeeeeeeeally reaching for it arent you?
Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]lol @ 22gb install and switching discs every 30 mins. K bud.

PinkieWinkie

Why the hell would i play a multi disc game on 360? So you have to switch discs along with installing every disc? Sucks. Sure does remove you from the experience when you have to change a disc and then wait for an install. Real immersive....

Installs on 360 are optional....derp.
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Youve obviously never played a multi disc game on 360. And as i stated before, install is optional and you only have to install the disc your currently on (7-8 gbs)Plagueless

And if you dont install you get texture poppin....derp. Lose/lose for 360

LeonSykes10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LeonSykes10
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts
I'm smelling something from TC and it stinks! :P
xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xsatyr86

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Alright so texture poppin isnt an issue to you, definately an issue. So since we've been doing since PS1 means its ok? Maybe MS needs to get with the times, things change.

PinkieWinkie

So you got your copy or Rage already? Lucky.

He is talking about the fact that ps3 has slow installs. This is old news.
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PinkieWinkie

Ooooh look at me, I'm a spoiled 8 year old who doesn't posses the ability to get off there ass for 20 seconds. I couldn't possibly fathom the idea of unnoticeable texture pop ins, herpityderpderpderp.

ABCarmine

Yeah im 8 but have a join date 5 years before you. lols. Have fun breaking the experience and switching discs then waiting for an install. Poor 360 owners.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#34 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Who would buy pretty much any multiplat on 360 if you had a capable pc?

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Well, I have a PC and a PS3 and likely won't be getting it.

ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

Ooooh look at me, I'm a spoiled 8 year old who doesn't posses the ability to get off there ass for 20 seconds. I couldn't possibly fathom the idea of unnoticeable texture pop ins, herpityderpderpderp.

PinkieWinkie

Yeah im 8 but have a join date 5 years before you. lols. Have fun breaking the experience and switching discs then waiting for an install. Poor 360 owners.

Why are you even bragging about superior Multi-Plats, You don't have it. The superior Multi Plat is on the PC, Fighting for second place? :lol:

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"] Why the hell would i play a multi disc game on 360? So you have to switch discs along with installing every disc? Sucks. Sure does remove you from the experience when you have to change a disc and then wait for an install. Real immersive....

PinkieWinkie

Some people dont care about texture pop ins, its not like it makes the game broken or anything. The thing is the 360 version is better than the ps3 version for two reasons: 1. Without install its pop in and play, no waiting. (Unlike ps3 where its mandatory) 2. With install the entire game is on your harddrive, wheras on ps3 its only part, therefore the 360 version onstalled will run better.) Sorry but i like options.
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

ABCarmine

Why are you even bragging about superior Multi-Plats, You don't have it. The superior Multi Plat is on the PC, Fighting for second place? :lol:

PC > PS3 > 360

Thanks for being on my side bro.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]Your reasoning? Do you currently suffer from a mental condition?

PinkieWinkie

Yes it's the mental condition of "Idon'tgivearatsassabouttexturepopinsandswitchingdiscs"

Ah, down syndrome it is. Sorry bro.

Talk about being a jerk. :/

He just rather have it for the 360. What's the problem there?

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Plagueless

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

timmy00

Ah, down syndrome it is. Sorry bro.

Talk about being a jerk. :/

He just rather have it for the 360. What's the problem there?

He doesnt fathom how people couldnt notice texture pop ins
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"] Yeah im 8 but have a join date 5 years before you. lols. Have fun breaking the experience and switching discs then waiting for an install. Poor 360 owners.

PinkieWinkie

PC > PS3 > 360

let's look at the other Multi-Plats shall we :o

The Orange Boc PC>360>>>>>PS3

Bayonneta PC(?) >360>>>>>>PS3

Bulletstorm

PC>360>PS3

The list goes on and on :shock:

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Installs on 360 are optional....derp.Plagueless

Some people dont care about texture pop ins, its not like it makes the game broken or anything. The thing is the 360 version is better than the ps3 version for two reasons: 1. Without install its pop in and play, no waiting. (Unlike ps3 where its mandatory) 2. With install the entire game is on your harddrive, wheras on ps3 its only part, therefore the 360 version onstalled will run better.) Sorry but i like options.

Lol kid what are you blabbering about?

Im sorry but 1 disc + install > 3 discs with no install but texture poppins and disc swapping, or 3 discs but installing every disc and disc swapping. By a landslide.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"] Why the hell would i play a multi disc game on 360? So you have to switch discs along with installing every disc? Sucks. Sure does remove you from the experience when you have to change a disc and then wait for an install. Real immersive....

PinkieWinkie

If you dont install on Ps3 you cant play the game!!! See! I can do that to!!! Lol fail thread is fail
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

Installs on 360 are optional....derp.Plagueless

If you dont install on Ps3 you cant play the game!!! See! I can do that to!!! Lol fail thread is fail

yep.....and there it is. the /thread
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
Oh, damn... Are people getting so lazy now? Can't switch a disc?? Jesus!
PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PinkieWinkie

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

ABCarmine

PC > PS3 > 360

Bulletstorm

PC>360>PS3

This thread is about the inferior version of rage, not the 2nd rate games you just mentioned.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PinkieWinkie

Oh, damn... Are people getting so lazy now? Can't switch a disc?? Jesus!starjet905
Its not about getting up and switching discs, its about breaking the experience.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Plagueless

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]And if you dont install you get texture poppin....derp. Lose/lose for 360

PinkieWinkie

So the PC version fails too?... /retarded

No, because on PC you get the benefit of higher res, mods, textures, etc. On PS3 you get nothing over 360. Heres how it goes Pc version-best Installed 360 version-best console version Ps3 version-decent version Non installed 360 version-worst, but not terrible.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ABCarmine

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

[QUOTE="PinkieWinkie"]PC > PS3 > 360

PinkieWinkie

Bulletstorm

PC>360>PS3

This thread is about the inferior version of rage, not the 2nd rate games you just mentioned.

The Orange Box, second rate, I laughed, hard

Troll Thread is Troll thread, you're too obvious, go back and rethink your strategy, I'm sure you'll do great ;)