Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - 8/10 GS, 90 MC! UPDATE: 1 million units sold!

• 72 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45125 Posts

Wowza, was not expecting a 90MC. Glad they improved on the combat. May need to celebrate with a Day 1 purchase! How about you, SW? Will you be checking out Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69521 Posts

Wow, that is crazy! Hopefully this doesn't become a trend. Thoughts, SW? Makes me not want to support the game at launch.

@uninspiredcup said:

You'll still buy it. And normalize it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts

Seems like it turned out pretty well. I did really enjoy the previous Like A Dragon game so would like to get this at some point. Got other games to get first though. May as well wait for a sale. Pretty lousy of them to lock New Game + behind a paywall though. Seems kind of foolish too since it seems that it’ll be something that will just annoy consumers more then anything.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: yup, I said that 😎 wouldn’t stop me from playing the game if it is 90 worthy! Don’t think there’s ever been a Yakuza game to score a 90 before.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pedro
@SolidGame_basic said:

@Pedro: yup, I said that 😎 wouldn’t stop me from playing the game if it is 90 worthy! Don’t think there’s ever been a Yakuza game to score a 90 before.

I am just pointing out @uninspiredcup was correct.🤭

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Normalizing woudl mean I woudl buy the DLC 😎

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Still catching up to the series. Im still playing yakuza 0 and trying to see where i go from there. But looking good i may play this down the road.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Normalizing woudl mean I woudl buy the DLC 😎

Whatever helps you cope.🤭

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

It releases on a public holiday here in Australia, so my long weekend is set.

I'll probably need a few more months of weekends to get through it all, but hey, maybe I'll finish it before the next Yakuza game comes out.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6057 Posts

@Planeforger: What part of Australia you from?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

@last_lap said:

@Planeforger: What part of Australia you from?

Why is this place being invaded by Aussies? Why?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14804 Posts

I'll get it when I'm done with Lost Judgment, Ishin and Gaiden. Probably end of the year.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6057 Posts

@hardwenzen: I just knew you would see this and post in angst 🤣

Aussies taking over SW, **** yeah 🤟

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

Definitely on my radar now that I realize it's another turn based game. I liked the last one but im not a fan of the beat em up style the franchise is better known for.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Gamepass or... Eh, you know. lol :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

This game has 19 peices of day 1 DLC that amount to £137.37

This is partly why don't take Gamespot reviews seriously.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol, who buy that **** ?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It looks good but I hoped it had the beat em up combat just can't play JRPG's.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I want to play this even though I haven't played a Yazuka-related game in a long time, but that's absolutely ridiculous. These are usually fairly niche games outside of Japan, why are they trying to be so aggressive with monetization for the faithful audience that stuck with this series in the first place?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Wtf. What lunatic is going to pay all that.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger

I've played (or mainly watched) the first hour and it's so great. Cheesey, but great.

It helps that it has such a great team of characters. I can't think of another JRPG where I'd be happy if the entire game was just them hanging around in bars and worrying about stupid down-to-earth stuff.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 744 Posts

Hard Pass

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Planeforger

I'm like 5-6 hours in now, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. The writing is a lot sharper than usual, and the combat system has had a heap of tweaks and refinements (e.g. positioning is now much important, attacks interact with the environment more, statuses seem more important, there are grapple attacks to break blocks, Namba doesnt start combat two streets away, and so on).

Also, they did a solid job translating Kiryu's various fighting styles into the turn-based combat system. It doesn't feel weird playing him, since a lot of his familiar moves and tactics are there.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic

@Planeforger said:

I'm like 5-6 hours in now, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. The writing is a lot sharper than usual, and the combat system has had a heap of tweaks and refinements (e.g. positioning is now much important, attacks interact with the environment more, statuses seem more important, there are grapple attacks to break blocks, Namba doesnt start combat two streets away, and so on).

Also, they did a solid job translating Kiryu's various fighting styles into the turn-based combat system. It doesn't feel weird playing him, since a lot of his familiar moves and tactics are there.

Just started this morning, have about hour and a half in. Really liking it so far. The battle systems seems more fun now.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidGame_basic

Wowza

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

Support the turn-based titles!

Hate all the action based everything that devs are pumping out no a days making all games feel like a recycled copy of the last game you already played, especially for RPGs.

I'll get this just to support the effort from devs to put out a high quality turn based title in 2024. Final Fantasy XIV was ruined with it's all action focus gameplay and left a horrible taste in my mouth.

I won't be supporting many more all action based RPG unless they are absolutely mind blowingly amazing, I mean original Demon's Souls/Bloodborne calibur quality.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

Imagine supporting a game that charges you for NG+. Give it a year or two, and everything from SEGA will charge you an additional $5-15 for harder difficulties...

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By above_average
@hardwenzen said:

Imagine supporting a game that charges you for NG+. Give it a year or two, and everything from SEGA will charge you an additional $5-15 for harder difficulties...

We can all blame MS and western developers for introducing it and xbox and pew pew PC guys for normalizing it.

Now we just have to accept it because western gamers have shown Japanese devs that good will doesn't mean anything to players (to us maybe but I digress) they now embrace the monetization.

TBH I can't really blame them...I predicted this would happen if MS shitty practices continued to pollute the console gaming space as these western sympathizers (like those dominating this board) made excuses for every destructive move MS made: paid DLC, pay to play online, paid map pack ect. So, here we are!

Japanese devs were the last ones holding on to the good will tradition, but that don't pay bills

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pedro
@above_average said:

We can all blame MS and western developers for introducing it and xbox and pew pew PC guys for normalizing it.

Now we just have to accept it because western gamers have shown Japanese devs that good will doesn't mean anything to them they now embrace the monetization.

TBH I can't really blame them...I predicted this would happen if MS shitty practices continued to pollute the console gaming space as these western sympathizers (like those dominating this board) made excuses for every destructive move MS made: paid DLC, pay to play online, paid map pack ect. So, here we are!

You are blaming MS/Xbox and Western developers for a Japanese developer locking NG+ behind a paywall?😂

Y'all are truly detached from logic.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By above_average

@Pedro: Absolutely, MS even locked FREE TO PLAY GAMES & netflix behind Xbox Live paywall. A greedy disgusting company that you defend at all cost

MS introduced all this anti-gamer, pro-company penny pinching monetization petty paywall BS and made it a thing to expect. Other western devs followed suit and joined in.

All the xbox puppets screamed how Xbox Live was worth they paid vs PS FREE online service that ALSO had dedicated servers which xbox lacked. You loved all the shitty money hungry moves MS made over the years, why you have a problem with these Japanese devs joining in?

Acting outraged any dev puts anything behind a paywall now AFTER you've cheered MS on all the years with every shitty paywall & pay to play move before now exposes how disingenuous and hypocritical you are.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@above_average said:

@Pedro: Absolutely, MS even locked FREE TO PLAY GAMES & netflix behind Xbox Live paywall. A greedy disgusting company that you defend at all cost

MS introduced all this anti-gamer, pro-company penny pinching monetization petty paywall BS and made it a thing to expect. Other western devs followed suit and joined in.

All the xbox puppets screamed how Xbox Live was worth they paid vs PS FREE online service that ALSO had dedicated servers which xbox lacked. You loved all the shitty money hungry moves MS made over the years, why you have a problem with these Japanese devs joining in?

Acting outraged any dev puts anything behind a paywall now AFTER you've cheered MS on all the years they made shitty paywall & pay to play moves before exposes how disingenuous and hypocritical you are.

You are all over the place. If you want to talk about Xbox 360 online, create another thread.

Now, try getting back to the topic instead of doing your typical fanboy raging. I dear you.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: he did rek you tho

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

You need to stop dick ridding buddy.🤭

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic

got ‘em 😎

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

Acting outraged any dev puts anything behind a paywall now AFTER you've cheered MS on all the years they made shitty paywall & pay to play moves before exposes how disingenuous and hypocritical you are.

You are all over the place. If you want to talk about Xbox 360 online, create another thread.

Now, try getting back to the topic instead of doing your typical fanboy raging. I dear you.😂

I am on topic jabroni? You didn't realize that the point I was responding to was a SUB-TOPIC of the game being discussed?

wenzen was speaking on a feature of the game WHICH THE TOPIC WAS ABOUT being stuck behind a paywall, I simply responded to the material of his post giving my thoughts.

If you can't keep up then don't add your 2 cent.

Then I responded to what you quoted since you decided to question my logic, which according to you means YOU were off-topic.

I gave you facts and and painted a picture so you can understand and you short circuited lol

Go play in the field somewhere. Your desperate attempt to defend MS on this topic won't pan out cheerleader bot

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@above_average said:

I am on topic jabroni? You didn't realize that the point I was responding to was a SUB-TOPIC of the game being discussed?

wenzen was speaking on a feature of the game WHICH THE TOPIC WAS ABOUT being stuck behind a paywall, I simply responded to the material of his post giving my thoughts.

If you can't keep up then don't add your 2 cent.

Then I responded to what you quoted since you decided to question my logic.

I gave you facts and and painted a picture so you can understand and you short circuited lol

Go play in the field somewhere. Your desperate attempt to defend MS on this topic won't pan out cheerleader bot

I understand you are upset and are incapable of staying on topic thus the reason you sidetracked in Xbox Live 360. You know, the strategy you default to when you are backed in a corner. "bu buh but Xbox". A Japanese developer placed NG+ behind a paywall. Instead of holding them accountable, you throw a hissy fit about Western devs, Xbox, and PC gamers instead of the actual entity that paywalled NG+. Stay angry.🤭

@SolidGame_basic said:

got ‘em 😎

Responds to me unpromoted but "go 'em"😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 above_average

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

The way you glaze MS's dong all day, you should take your own advice.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@above_average said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts

Ain’t no meltdown like an above average meltdown. 😅

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:

A Japanese developer placed NG+ behind a paywall. Instead of holding them accountable, ...

@SolidGame_basic said:

got ‘em 😎

Responds to me unpromoted but "go 'em"😂

See ^ this is my problem with posers like you.

Why exactly am I being told I need to be "holding them (anyone) accountable" by a group of morons who defended every greedy pay to play strategy MS introduced in modern gaming which had made the entire paywall monetization being a popular thing for devs to do to begin with?

This is the disconnect with fools like you who cry about the dog that bit you, but fail to mention your abuse of that dog led to his action.

My point: Don't cry about any dev or company that has shitty monetization tactics NOW when you were one of the brain dead enablers that helped popularize the trend to begin with.

I could complain about these tactics because I never defended any company for doing this shit. You on the other hand don't qualify.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 972 Posts

Running great on PC

Analysis - Hardware - Platform - Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth appears to be well optimized on PC, doesn’t have stutters, runs with over 90fps at Native 4K/Max on NVIDIA RTX4090 | NeoGAF

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro
@above_average said:

See ^ this is my problem with clowns like you.

Why exactly am I being told I need to be "holding them (anyone) accountable" by a group of morons who defended every greedy pay to play strategy MS introduced in modern gaming which had made the entire paywall monetization being a popular thing for devs to do to begin with?

This is the disconnect with fools like you who cry about the dog that bit you, but fail to mention your abuse of that dog led to his action.

My point: Don't cry about any dev or company that has shitty monetization tactics NOW when you were one of the brain dead enablers that helped popularize the trend to begin with.

I could complain about these tactics because I never defended any company for doing this shit. You on the other hand don't qualify.

So, instead of holding the company that locked NG+ behind a paywall, you blame, Western developers, Xbox and PC gamers.😂

To top it off, TC is literally supporting the practice "bu buh but Xbox and PC gamers".🤣

I never subscribed to Xbox Live Gold during the 360 era and primarily gamed on PS3 because online was free. But, don't let that stop you from making an ass of yourself.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:

So, instead of holding the company that locked NG+ behind a paywall, you blame, Western developers, Xbox and PC gamers.😂

To top it off, TC is literally supporting the practice "bu buh but Xbox and PC gamers".🤣

I never subscribed to Xbox Live Gold during the 360 era and primarily gamed on PS3 because online was free. But, don't let that stop you from making an ass of yourself.

lol you ain't got to lie xbox dude.

The way you defend MS I just know you were DEEP in the "Xbox Live is worth the money" argument squads of xbox fandom.

Be proud and stick to your anti-gamer pro-company monetization over good will guns. all you MS guys always said was "IT'S THE FUTURE" or better yet....."SONY WILL END UP DOING IT TOO!"

Well, congratulation Sony and Japanese devs are starting to do it too! So, what's the problem?

Are you just mad I pointed out that it was MS's greedy monetize everything influence that lead to this shitty state we are dealing with today having penny pinching paywall monetization? Be mad at yourself

So no, I'm not going to blame these Japanese devs for adopting a trend that MS and western devs have helped normalize with the mass support of xbox fanatics like yourself who never pushed back on these maneuvers before now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@above_average said:

lol you ain't got to lie xbox dude.

The way you defend MS I just know you were DEEP in the "Xbox Live is worth the money" argument squads of xbox fandom.

Be proud and stick to your anti-gamer pro-company monetization over good will guns. all you MS guys always said was "IT'S THE FUTURE" or better yet....."SONY WILL END UP DOING IT TOO!"

Well, congratulation Sony and Japanese devs are starting to do it too! So, what's the problem?

Are you just mad I pointed out that it was MS's greedy monetize everything influence that lead to this shitty state we are dealing with today having penny pinching paywall monetization? Be mad at yourself

So no, >>>I'm not going to blame these Japanese devs<<< for adopting a trend that MS and western devs have helped normalize with the mass support of xbox fanatics like yourself who never pushed back on these maneuvers before now.

Still raging. 🤭 And because the fact that I wasn't an Xbox 360 gamer and primarily a PS3 gamer undermines your silly ranting, you opt to "That can't be true, you lying..".😂

And despite all of this ranting and raging, you still don't want to hold the company responsible for locking NG+ behind a paywall. That corporate loyalty. BTW, no one was talking about Xbox until you came along.🙃

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 above_average

@Pedro said:

you still don't want to hold the company responsible for locking NG+ behind a paywall. That corporate loyalty. BTW, no one was talking about Xbox until you came along.🙃

And no one was defending xbox with their life until you came along. Corporate loyalty indeed 🙃 You help prove my point.

Monetization, behind paywall, paid DLC and map pack defender now outraged a Japanese studio joined i n the foolishness. Spare me

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro
@above_average said:
@Pedro said:

you still don't want to hold the company responsible for locking NG+ behind a paywall. That corporate loyalty. BTW, no one was talking about Xbox until you came along.🙃

And no one was defending xbox with their life until you came along. Corporate loyalty indeed 🙃 You help prove my point.

Monetization, behind paywall, paid DLC and map pack defender now outraged a Japanese studio joined i n the foolishness. Spare me

Point to the comment in this thread where Xbox was being defended.🤭

@above_averagesaid:

I'm not going to blame these Japanese devs

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@above_average said:

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 13993 Posts

All my hype has evaporated.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2067 Posts

NG+ behind a paywall nope don't buy not worth it.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Planeforger

It's safe to say this is the best Pokemon-inspired game of January 2024.

I'm 15 hours in and I haven't even started using the job system yet (not to mention thr Animal Crossing stuff). This game is absolutely *loaded* with a million different things to explore and sidegames to master.