jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@mems_1224: dude it's the gaming equivalent of a biopic in Tom Brady. It's about more than just the human condition.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14910 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:

And Chloe at this point is fully supportive of Max.

Yeah, fully supportive of her own mother (who even obnoxious Chloe recognizes is a genuinely good person) get blown the **** away, because "oops, this is what we get for all the time traveling max". That other ending is there, just so the game can do a shitty "choice" thing.

And yeah the other winners weren't games for starters, they were other digital media I'm not exactly having a habit of being invested, but I am invested in games enough to have a problem with an award, for games, even something about narrative (a games are fucking bad at) without once humoring the question if said game actually leverages the strengths of its own medium. Which Life is Strange does here n there, like the Kate sequence, but even that is contrived as **** since they arbitrarily decided "sike you don't have your powers", which again, if they had standards for writing, that would bother them, but it doesn't, because they have no idea eye for the game part of a game.

It's like gassing up a film with atrocious cinematography.

You basically ignored the dialogue not only right before the ending, but before Max's nightmare where Chloe is very supportive of Max. And she is not going to just bash Max for not letting her go. and really, without both endings, the other will lose its impact, The entire game foreshadows this choice. This isn't Injustice 2 where the bad ending was tacked on. You are trying to simplify Chloe here when she is really the complex character she is at the end. I do think the final scene could have been better, but outside that, the ending fits. Nevermind the doe symbolism contrasting the butterfly in the other ending.

And Life is Strange does not pull the crap that the directors cut of Donnie Darko did and try to explain the powers. Its not about how her powers work and it never was, because that's not the point. You are trrying to make what isn't the point and what shouldn't be the point, the point.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By texasgoldrush

@ConanTheStoner said:
@texasgoldrush said:

And really, its one of the few games with higher gamer acclaim than critical acclaim.

Nah, if you're going by Steam user reviews (which you are), there are endless examples to the contrary.

Goat Simulator. Very Positive with 88% favorable reviews on Steam. 62 on Meta.

We should give it an award.

Most games do not, look at Nier Automata, look at Tides of Numenera.

As for Goat Simulator, here is where the critics missed what players liked about it. It happens. Prey is another game better received by gamers than critics.

Also Steam reviews are on a rotten tomatoes type system, not a metacritic type system.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jg4xchamp

@texasgoldrush said:

You basically ignored the dialogue not only right before the ending,t.

Yeah, because no matter she says, it doesn't invalidate how ridiculously silly and shitty it is of Chloe to be cool, with her parent, being blown the **** away because Max makes the more selfish choice and sacrifices so many people for one chick. It's absolutely preposterous for the game to pretend that was a valid choice to anyone bothering to pay attention. You're pretending that there is nuance there, that isn't actually there.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@texasgoldrush said:

Ok, and I can continue posting examples to the contrary. So?

You're the one who said:

"its one of the few games with higher gamer acclaim than critical acclaim."

So what do you mean by a few? Few hundred? Thousand?

@texasgoldrush said:

Also Steam reviews are on a rotten tomatoes type system, not a metacritic type system.

Yup. But you're the one using Steam reviews as user acclaim and comparing them to critical acclaim. Well, Metacritic is the aggregate of critical reception in games. I'm not the one making these arguments bud, you are.

I'm just poking holes through them because it's amusing.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 texasgoldrush

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:

You basically ignored the dialogue not only right before the ending,t.

Yeah, because no matter she says, it doesn't invalidate how ridiculously silly and shitty it is of Chloe to be cool, with her parent, being blown the **** away because Max makes the more selfish choice and sacrifices so many people for one chick. It's absolutely preposterous for the game to pretend that was a valid choice to anyone bothering to pay attention. You're pretending that there is nuance there, that isn't actually there.

How is she "cool" with it? Once again, you are trying to criticize something the writers covered. There is nuance, you missed it. And Chloe flipping out at Max here would actually be selfish here as well, did you think about this?

Chloe's development was about being less selfish, and Max's love for he showed her how selfish she was. Max's development is more about being responsible and learning she cannot fix everything, recognizing that life has no win scenarios, and with Chloe's development, allows her to make the final decision.

You are simply put, trying to simplify the characters and the scenario. Face it, Life is Strange is deep and complex where it matters, and you are not getting this.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 texasgoldrush

@ConanTheStoner said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Ok, and I can continue posting examples to the contrary. So?

You're the one who said:

"its one of the few games with higher gamer acclaim than critical acclaim."j

So what do you mean by a few? Few hundred?

@texasgoldrush said:

Yup. But you're the one using Steam reviews as user acclaim and comparing them to critical acclaim. Well, Metacritic is the aggregate of critical reception in games. I'm not the one making these arguments bud, you are.

I'm just poking holes through them because it's amusing.

But they do correlate in a way where you can tell a game is getting better or worse reception than what critics give it, also I read the reviews and the tone of them. Life is Strange is getting extremely good reviews on steam, not just "its good". Its being raved. Goat Simulator's positive reviews have less acclaim, where reviewers just found it enjoyable, nothing more. Also steam reviews are good for telling if the game has technical problems or issues (or strengths) that critics didn't cover. And really, if I go by Steam, Goat Simulator is only getting slightly better reception than what critics gave it.

You are putting the numbers up , correlating, I am not.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

And yet another series of statements that could too easily be torn to shreds. This is getting boring man.

Your mental gymnastics are off the chart though, props for that.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Oh hey, what's up in this thread?

*reads*

....oh....

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 texasgoldrush

@ConanTheStoner said:

And yet another series of statements that could too easily be torn to shreds. This is getting boring man.

Your mental gymnastics are off the chart though, props for that.

What mental gymnastics? Notice I use more than just a percent to judge if a game is getter better/worse reception? It is you coming in with numbers.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@texasgoldrush said:

And really, its one of the few games with higher gamer acclaim than critical acclaim.

Nah, if you're going by Steam user reviews (which you are), there are endless examples to the contrary.

Goat Simulator. Very Positive with 88% favorable reviews on Steam. 62 on Meta.

We should give it an award.

Id give Goat Simulator an award for its story before Id give one to Life Is Strange

I really LULED at that one

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

It's been many years and Texasgoldrush is still going crazy at anyone that doesn't like the game. How about you accept that people don't like the game and they have all the right to post why?

There's some people in this thread that liked the game and are excited for the next episode, how about having a good conversation with them?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 texasgoldrush

@sailor232 said:

It's been many years and Texasgoldrush is still going crazy at anyone that doesn't like the game. How about you accept that people don't like the game and they have all the right to post why?

There's some people in this thread that liked the game and are excited for the next episode, how about having a good conversation with them?

The problem is that their arguments are flimsy, they cannot back up their criticism. They do not give good reasons why or they miss something that invalidates their criticism.

Or they just willingly ignore the impact or influence the game has.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

YAY more drip fed gaming on the way.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@texasgoldrush: Or, or, or, they just didn't like it. Simple as that. I don't like the colour green in clothing. No idea why, I just can't deal with it. People need about 0% of logical arguments or reasons to dislike something (especially entertainment products).

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Desmonic said:

@texasgoldrush: Or, or, or, they just didn't like it. Simple as that. I don't like the colour green in clothing. No idea why, I just can't deal with it. People need about 0% of logical arguments or reasons to dislike something (especially entertainment products).

There is a difference between not liking it and criticizing it poorly. I am going after the latter.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@Desmonic said:

There is a difference between not liking it and criticizing it poorly. I am going after the latter.

Loading Video...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jg4xchamp
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is she "cool" with it?

The part where she is driving off with her in the sunset, obviously. The writers hand-wave that bullshit, not write a reasonable through line to justify it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 texasgoldrush

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is she "cool" with it?

The part where she is driving off with her in the sunset, obviously. The writers hand-wave that bullshit, not write a reasonable through line to justify it.

And how is that "cool with it"?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 texasgoldrush

@clone01: Which many of these things claiming to be sins are incorrect or just nitpicks and not important to the story.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I loved the first season of Life of Strange, and it definintely hit me in the feels on more than just a few occasions. Cannot wait for Season 2

That said I agree that the "Save Chloe" ending was pretty weak. It didn't address at all the fact that Max just fucked up a entire city and did a bad job of trying to make you realize the consequences of your choice.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 texasgoldrush

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I loved the first season of Life of Strange, and it definintely hit me in the feels on more than just a few occasions. Cannot wait for Season 2

That said I agree that the "Save Chloe" ending was pretty weak. It didn't address at all the fact that Max just fucked up a entire city and did a bad job of trying to make you realize the consequences of your choice.

I will give you that the final scene in that ending could have been better, however, it did show the emotional impact on Max the destruction of Arcadia Bay.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@clone01: Which many of these things claiming to be sins are incorrect or just nitpicks and not important to the story.

Wrong! They are true and your opinion is null and void. Also, you're a pretentious twit.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 texasgoldrush

You mean like the "sin" of Max never telling Chloe that she time travels through photos when she actually did?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jg4xchamp

@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is it not?

How is it not when she is, as you say, supporting of the fact that her mother gets blown the **** away, including the rest of Arcadia Bay, so Max can be incredibly selfish. She's not owning up to her responsibility and accepting things as is, she's outright making a decision that strictly benefits her (by keeping Chloe alive). In contrast to the other ending it's not even close. The other ending at least ties it all together and has Max learn her lessons to not use her powers to manipulate shit that is out of her control, but this shit? Requires you to accept that Max basically learns nothing, and again requires Chloe to be cool with Joyce taking one for the team, so she can be supportive of Max.

And that's without getting into shit on how contrived the Tornado is, or how arbitrary the set up is for the Tornado being this weirdo punishment for saving chloe, or why that is the point in the timeline that stops the tornado from happening, and all that jazz.

I think it's cute you think any criticism of that game is flimsy, when your defenses for it are devoid of any thought or nuance, but instead apologizing for writing that is text book hand-waving.

The game's "impact" is a by product of this mediums subterranean standards for story telling.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 texasgoldrush

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

How is it not?

How is it not when she is, as you say, supporting of the fact that her mother gets blown the **** away, including the rest of Arcadia Bay, so Max can be incredibly selfish. She's not owning up to her responsibility and accepting things as is, she's outright making a decision that strictly benefits her (by keeping Chloe alive). In contrast to the other ending it's not even close. The other ending at least ties it all together and has Max learn her lessons to not use her powers to manipulate shit that is out of her control, but this shit? Requires you to accept that Max basically learns nothing, and again requires Chloe to be cool with Joyce taking one for the team, so she can be supportive of Max.

And that's without getting into shit on how contrived the Tornado is, or how arbitrary the set up is for the Tornado being this weirdo punishment for saving chloe, or why that is the point in the timeline that stops the tornado from happening, and all that jazz.

I think it's cute you think any criticism of that game is flimsy, when your defenses for it are devoid of any thought or nuance, but instead apologizing for writing that is text book hand-waving.

The game's "impact" is a by product of this mediums subterranean standards for story telling.

You are ignoring the aspect of Max not accepting the consequences of her actions. By going through the photo, she is once again, using time travel to "fix" things. Notice once again, she rips the photo in that ending, symbolizing no more (she destroys two other photos in the story). Max did learn something saving Chloe and that actions have consequences and you cannot fix everything. Max is so heartbroken in that ending that Chloe has to comfort her. You are ignoring this as well.

How is the tornado "contrived"? From what the story presents itself, its not. way back in Episode 1.

And lets go over why the director's cut of Donnie Darko sucks. Its because they tried to explain the sci-fi elements when its better not explained. DONTNOD clearly avoided explaining how her powers work and why she got them, because its not important to the story they wanted to tell. Its not bad writing, quite the opposite. It allows the story to focus on what is important.

And Life is Strange compares favorably to 13 Reasons Why, where LIS has clearly influenced and inspired the direction of the adaptation. So its influence outside the medium is now being felt and inside the medium, raised the bar for the episodic adventure genre.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jg4xchamp
@texasgoldrush said:

where LIS has clearly influenced and inspired the direction of the adaptation.

lmao

How? Because the story beats aren't even remotely similar, there is nothing about they present themselves that's similar besides soundtrack, and even that is more era/tone appropriate shit, and you'd be reaching trying to tie cassette tapes to a camera, and thematically, yeah sorry the book happened, so the game couldn't possibly get credit for that either.

If anything the two things coming out in similar times, speaks more about this era of anti-bullying campaigns, rise of female-centric stories, rise of adolsenscence stories and all that jazz. Similar to how we were getting New Orleans stories in a post Hurrican Katrina world. Life is Strange just happens to be a game, but it hasn't in any way shown to be influential outside of its medium (because you'd have to be a hack in better medium no less) nor even its own medium. Now you're just being delusional.

And yeah I'm going to ignore that, because the point of "hur durr your decisions have consequences" is such a basic and tripe point, when the lion's share of the stories themes are built around the idea of "learning to let things go", and Chloe comforting her friend because of her decision, implicitly points to her being more worried about her friend handling an incredibly selfish decision over holy shit, her mother just died. It completely trivializes any sort of character development for Max for her to make a decision that does that much harm to so many people, to save one girl, who she happens to like. She doesn't learn anything, she foolishly sacrifices an entire town to save her friend because it was cause her great pain.

That's a pretty lousy ending.

Also Donnie Darko is a fucking cult movie at best, it's hardly some grandly celebrated work of cinema. That's a pretty low ass bar, if that's the company Life is Strange is keeping. Oh it's dumb, but it's not Donnie Darko dumb.

Face it mate, if you put any thought into that story, it fucking breaks on so many levels. Bitch just gets the powers because yolo, the tornado is her punishment for saving Chloe? why? Lol, why would we explain a fundamental reason for the conflict, and then randomly decides when n what her powers can do, and when in the timeline specifically she needs to go back just the death tornado, and then you can pick an ending that thematically fits, or pick an ending that undermines everything you've done up until that point, because of course that's how Telltale's style of game is made.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 texasgoldrush

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:

where LIS has clearly influenced and inspired the direction of the adaptation.

lmao

How? Because the story beats aren't even remotely similar, there is nothing about they present themselves that's similar besides soundtrack, and even that is more era/tone appropriate shit, and you'd be reaching trying to tie cassette tapes to a camera, and thematically, yeah sorry the book happened, so the game couldn't possibly get credit for that either.

If anything the two things coming out in similar times, speaks more about this era of anti-bullying campaigns, rise of female-centric stories, rise of adolsenscence stories and all that jazz. Similar to how we were getting New Orleans stories in a post Hurrican Katrina world. Life is Strange just happens to be a game, but it hasn't in any way shown to be influential outside of its medium (because you'd have to be a hack in better medium no less) nor even its own medium. Now you're just being delusional.

And yeah I'm going to ignore that, because the point of "hur durr your decisions have consequences" is such a basic and tripe point, when the lion's share of the stories themes are built around the idea of "learning to let things go", and Chloe comforting her friend because of her decision, implicitly points to her being more worried about her friend handling an incredibly selfish decision over holy shit, her mother just died. It completely trivializes any sort of character development for Max for her to make a decision that does that much harm to so many people, to save one girl, who she happens to like. She doesn't learn anything, she foolishly sacrifices an entire town to save her friend because it was cause her great pain.

That's a pretty lousy ending.

Also Donnie Darko is a fucking cult movie at best, it's hardly some grandly celebrated work of cinema. That's a pretty low ass bar, if that's the company Life is Strange is keeping. Oh it's dumb, but it's not Donnie Darko dumb.

Read what I said again, "direction of the adaptation", and I used "influence" and "inspire", not "ripoff". Its also camera work and scene shots. And its got people worldwide comparing the two. We know the book predates the game, we are just comparing how they put it on screen to the game. And really, Life Is Strange is far superior to 13 Reasons Why., and it handles its suicide plot, Its "C-plot" much better than 13RW did its "A-plot".

You are still not getting Chloe's character in the final scene. Here is the thing you missed, the big turning point scene, where Max tells Chloe how she went back in time to save William, with terrible consequences for her. She now knows the huge impact and emotional toll it has on Max. You cannot blame her for standing by and supporting her when she tears the photograph. Both endings, Max lets go, either trying to fix everything or letting go of Chloe. Is it kind of selfish for Max? Kinda, but its not like she isn't devastated by her decision. Max DID learn something, she just can't fix everything. You are ignoring this.

But you are advocating that they make the same mistakes as that movie.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jg4xchamp
@texasgoldrush said:

Read what I said again, "direction of the adaptation", and I used "influence" and "inspire", not "ripoff". Its also camera work and scene shots. And its got people worldwide comparing the two. We know the book predates the game, we are just comparing how they put it on screen to the game. And really, Life Is Strange is far superior to 13 Reasons Why., and it handles its suicide plot, Its "C-plot" much better than 13RW did its "A-plot".

You are still not getting Chloe's character in the final scene.

The mistake of the movie was that its entire set up was silly, what it explained wasn't inherently the only short coming of that movie, and I've never downplayed how well I thought the Kate stuff was, though it's fucking arbitrary as hell from a writing standpoint that it's that situation Max loses her powers for a bit. Although again 13 Reasons why isn't exactly some massively lauded TV show in this era. Quite a few of had many issues with how ridiculous the entire construct of that show is. As far as cinematography mate, um both the game and the show are fairly busch league as far as that work is concerned if you're even mildly into films. A bunch of dweebs talking about it on a forum, doesn't imply influence, inspire, or even direction, when all those things predate the video game, in the realm of film. Hell TV, as mediocre as its cinematography can be is way ahead of what games have been doing among their best studios in that department.

No slick, I got her character just fine, you're choosing to just accept their writing as is. Without giving it any real thought or holding it under any scrutiny. Max decision doesn't become less selfish because she's hurt by it, her strength of character is supposed to be she will make the right decision and take the pain that comes with it. Recognizing that she made a stupid decision, doesn't make the decision less silly, and Chloe can empathize with her all she wants, but at the end of the day she's cool with her own mother biting the big one so her friend can make this super selfish move.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Pass. I'll only consider a sequel to a Tony award winner.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52430 Posts

kewl

Fun to discuss.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 texasgoldrush

@jg4xchamp said:
@texasgoldrush said:

You are still not getting Chloe's character in the final scene.

The mistake of the movie was that its entire set up was silly, what it explained wasn't inherently the only short coming of that movie, and I've never downplayed how well I thought the Kate stuff was, though it's fucking arbitrary as hell from a writing standpoint that it's that situation Max loses her powers for a bit. Although again 13 Reasons why isn't exactly some massively lauded TV show in this era. Quite a few of had many issues with how ridiculous the entire construct of that show is. As far as cinematography mate, um both the game and the show are fairly busch league as far as that work is concerned if you're even mildly into films. A bunch of dweebs talking about it on a forum, doesn't imply influence, inspire, or even direction, when all those things predate the video game, in the realm of film. Hell TV, as mediocre as its cinematography can be is way ahead of what games have been doing among their best studios in that department.

No slick, I got her character just fine, you're choosing to just accept their writing as is. Without giving it any real thought or holding it under any scrutiny. Max decision doesn't become less selfish because she's hurt by it, her strength of character is supposed to be she will make the right decision and take the pain that comes with it. Recognizing that she made a stupid decision, doesn't make the decision less silly, and Chloe can empathize with her all she wants, but at the end of the day she's cool with her own mother biting the big one so her friend can make this super selfish move.

13 Reasons Why was actually pretty acclaimed coming out the door, but was criticized later for how it handled many topics. So it was actually lauded to a point until scrutiny happened. However, I would not pass this off as a non event. Also, once again, you want to pass off and ignore similarities between it and LIS. call it mediocre, worm you way around all you want, but there are clear signs that 13RW took inspiration from the game, such as the bench over looking the bay. Also, some have noted Hannah talking about Chaos Theory as a nod to LIS, and some of the character design is similar as well. What I am not comparing is the story itself, but little nods here and there as well as soundtrack direction.

No, I choose to accept that Chloe is more complex of a character than you are trying to make her out to be. And really, Max's character development isn't really about strength of character at all, but about discovery that she is not strong enough to fix everything. You are wrong about her development plain and simple. Its more about wisdom, not really strength. Its a coming of age, either way. Its not about really whether she is being selfish or not either.

And once again, tell me how Chloe "is cool with it?" because if you think that way, you are misreading the entire scene.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15573 Posts

Only if it follows Bae ending otherwise I don't give a shit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Max just murdered Chloe's mom and Chole doesn't give a shit and if she does they do nothing to convey that. Who cares? let's just take a slow drive through this destroyed town among the countless bodies of our friends and family. Oh, you're sad for murdering the whole town? Let me just put my hand on your shoulder because who gives a shit that you just killed my mom. Also, what the **** is the point of having powers you can't​ use? Murdering Arcadia Bay also makes the stupid, contrived scene when Max kills Chloe pointless and a waste of time because that was the entire point of that episode. At let's not even talk about how stupid and predictable the serial killer was and how he just goes from normal dude to the Joker for no reason at all. That game is so stupid

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

barely a "game" with stupid story and shitty writing

No thanks.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By texasgoldrush

@ShepardCommandr said:

barely a "game" with stupid story and shitty writing

No thanks.

Better than Mass Effect, and I like Mass Effect.

@mems_1224 said:

Max just murdered Chloe's mom and Chole doesn't give a shit and if she does they do nothing to convey that. Who cares? let's just take a slow drive through this destroyed town among the countless bodies of our friends and family. Oh, you're sad for murdering the whole town? Let me just put my hand on your shoulder because who gives a shit that you just killed my mom. Also, what the **** is the point of having powers you can't​ use? Murdering Arcadia Bay also makes the stupid, contrived scene when Max kills Chloe pointless and a waste of time because that was the entire point of that episode. At let's not even talk about how stupid and predictable the serial killer was and how he just goes from normal dude to the Joker for no reason at all. That game is so stupid

And this is what I am talking about, flimsy criticism.

Tell me, how does Max "murder" Chloe's mom, or "murder" the entire town? She doesn't "murder" anyone. And this goes to show you know very little about characterization or what is actually going on. Go play you pew pew games or something. Or play games that spoon feed you story instead of making you think.

As for the bad guy, he is a sexual predator plain and simple and only becomes a serial killer when Max discovers what he is doing and he has to eliminate witnesses, Nothing illogical about that. His villainy is also foreshadowed. And he isn't even the main antagonist.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46358 Posts

What about their other game ? Vampyr. Is that on hold or something?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 texasgoldrush

@R4gn4r0k said:

What about their other game ? Vampyr. Is that on hold or something?

No, its made by a different team that worked on Remember Me.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14808 Posts

Welp, no need to play the first one now.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#90 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I am a fan. I like this news. Although I will only get it once the full season is out. Not a fan of playing parts of a game months apart.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By texasgoldrush

@k--m--k said:

I am a fan. I like this news. Although I will only get it once the full season is out. Not a fan of playing parts of a game months apart.

Hopefully it isn't episodic. The way the first season cycles back, it didn't help it, and if not played all at once, you could forget details.

I also want it to be different from the first season, maybe even serve as a counterpoint to it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24937 Posts

interactive movie with barely any gameplay involving teenage high school girl who solve mysteries.

no thanks

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@texasgoldrush: she has a choice to let Chloe die like she's supposed to or kill the entire town so that Chloe lives. She actively chooses to kill the entire town when she could have saved them all. That's murder. She killed more people than the stupid teacher.

You're right, he's not the main antagonist. Max is.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#94 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

First one was ok,hopefully this one is better.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I liked the first one, it was a charming experience. Interested in a sequel though not sure if I'm willing to pay full price for it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46358 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

No, its made by a different team that worked on Remember Me.

Oh ok, I didn't know Dontnod was so big ^^

I'm looking forward to Vampyr but I really wonder what they are up to...

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I love Life is Strange, but users like texasgoldrush ruin it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By jg4xchamp

@texasgoldrush said:

. Also, some have noted Hannah talking about Chaos Theory

Truly the most original concept, and clearly could only be a nod to Life is Strange, mate that's not a connection that's you life is strange dweebs only knowing one reference to work with. Try again. Chloe's reactions aren't signs of a complex character, it's a contrived set up to make one half of the final choice less ridiculous than it is.

The game hand waves as hard as Bioshock Infinite, it just benefits from actually having some heart. But held under any scrutiny it falls apart. Fascinating how you think mems should think, yet you barely put any thought into it.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-life-is-strange-game-is-on-its-way/

Over 3 million in sales for the first season as well.

They have said in the past that any sequel season will not feature Max and Chloe, so this should be a whole new story with common themes to the first. Its a wise decision as great as those two characters were.

The new king of episodic adventure gaming is here, lets see how they take this and learn from the first.

I loved the first game but I am glad they are going with a new storyline and characters. Otherwise they would run the risk of taking a turn into Alan Wake like absurdity with the story.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#100 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

Mems thinks the first season sucks, so I'll just skip these.