Lets have a moment of silence for 2012 - one of the lousiest years in gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#51 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

This year has been terrible, just like every year.

WiiCubeM1

I+had+fun+once_665c2e_3305380.jpg

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sorry you're having a crap year. This year has had a lot of great games that I've enjoyed quite a bit.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I just came in here to look at your sig Shake:P

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

So you criticize Mark of the Ninja and Fable for not lasting the entire year, but then when asked for a game that it is better, you hold Journey up on a pedestal when it actually has less content and gameplay that is even more shallow than a Kinect game?

Learn to not be a hypocrite.

BPoole96

Your actually an idiot...

I criticized him saying this year was full of great games and asked him did Fable and MOTN keep him busy the entire year.

He then stated MOTN is BETTER (note better, not f*cking longer) than any PS3 game this year then I linked him Journey.

I repeat learn to f*cking read, I never once claimed Journey is long in any way, only better.

Your original quote: Yh I'm sure Fable and mark of the ninja have kept you busy all year lol.gif

That was not asking a question, it was making a sarcastic remark. And MOTN and Fable are better games than Journey. Journey is not even a game, it's an artsy fartsy zen-like walk through a desert. There is no story or gameplay elements, all it is is walking and chirping like a bird.

I will never understand the praise that game gets. I even played through it twice to see if I was missing something and the second time was just as bland as the first. The fact that Journey is considered PS3's best game this year speaks volumes of just how terrible it has been to be a PS3 owner this year.

I disagree with you, Majority of critics disagree with you.

Your opinion on this really holds no weight, stop trying to pass it on as facts.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

Cheleman
Want a Cortana sig?
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

I criticized him saying this year was full of great games and asked him did Fable and MOTN keep him busy the entire year.

He then stated MOTN is BETTER (note better, not f*cking longer) than any PS3 game this year then I linked him Journey.

I repeat learn to f*cking read, I never once claimed Journey is long in any way, only better.

Z-Fatalis

Your original quote: Yh I'm sure Fable and mark of the ninja have kept you busy all year lol.gif

That was not asking a question, it was making a sarcastic remark. And MOTN and Fable are better games than Journey. Journey is not even a game, it's an artsy fartsy zen-like walk through a desert. There is no story or gameplay elements, all it is is walking and chirping like a bird.

I will never understand the praise that game gets. I even played through it twice to see if I was missing something and the second time was just as bland as the first. The fact that Journey is considered PS3's best game this year speaks volumes of just how terrible it has been to be a PS3 owner this year.

Your opinion on this really holds no weight, stop trying to pass it on as facts.

And you're passing your own thing off as facts when its all opinions.

Biggest. Hypocrite. Ever. I mean really, you could at least TRY and not make yourself look like an @$$.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

TheDidact

Want a Cortana sig?

:lol: NO:x

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] whats coming out next year? having a brain fart at the moment. all i can think of right now are big games like bioshock and gta

Watch Dogs Gears Judgement Destiny Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes GTA5 The Last of Us Pikmin 3 Tomb Raider Those are just the announced games

forgot about watch dogs. that game is going to rape my computer. is that is? there are some good games but not very impressive compared ti this year and last year

GTA V alone makes 2013 better than 2012 and 2011 combined
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

Yes, I stated my opinion about the game and everything I said about it is true. Nothing I said was a lie. Care to explain to me why Journey is such a great game and is worth of being one of the highest rated games this year? I give reasons behind my opinion yet you just say "Critics and I disagree". What a cop out.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Goyoshi12

Biggest. Hypocrite. Ever. I mean really, you could at least TRY and not make yourself look like an @$$.

I used MC to BASE my opinion, I didn't pass it of as a fact what are you talking about? :|

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Master_ShakeXXX

There's been some fun time sinks released this year, but has there been anything truly memorable?

Let's look at 2011. You had;

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

Now whether you love or hate these games, it's pretty much set in stone that they will all be remembered and talked about nearly a decade from now.

What are people going to remember from 2012?

Journey? It's a two hour long downloadable game. No body is even going to know what it is in a few years.

Mark of The Ninja = same thing.

Borderlands 2? Don't get me wrong, I love Borderlands, but it's not the kind of game people will still be talking about years from now.

Xenoblade? Sorry, but that belongs to 2011. :P

Max Payne 3? What makes people think this game will be remembered any more than it's predecessors?

The two games from 2012 that will be remembered most are Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3, and not for the reasons you may be thinking. They will be remembered for being major disappointments to a lot of people.

And sure Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2 will be remembered, but only because of their names. There has been no groundbreaking games in 2012, whereas 2011 had a f*cking plethora of them.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

I used MC to BASE my opinion, I didn't pass it of as a fact what are you talking about? :|

OK then, why do you hold your opinion higher than his to the point that you would almost call it a fact?

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Yes, I stated my opinion about the game and everything I said about it is true. Nothing I said was a lie. Care to explain to me why Journey is such a great game and is worth of being one of the highest rated games this year? I give reasons behind my opinion yet you just say "Critics and I disagree". What a cop out.

The setting is amazing

The game mechanics are great

The in game interaction with the world is great

The game is so immersive

The graphics are beyond stunning

The silent narative is brilliant

I could give you a million reasons and you would still disagree.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

Ouch he just got shut the fvck down.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
speak for yourself, 2012 was amazing for me.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Watch Dogs Gears Judgement Destiny Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes GTA5 The Last of Us Pikmin 3 Tomb Raider Those are just the announced games

forgot about watch dogs. that game is going to rape my computer. is that is? there are some good games but not very impressive compared ti this year and last year

GTA V alone makes 2013 better than 2012 and 2011 combined

not if its like gta 4. saints row has surpassed the gta series so far. i hope gta 5 goes back to what made the last gen games so amazing.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BrunoBRS

There's been some fun time sinks released this year, but has there been anything truly memorable?

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

Now whether you love or hate these games, it's pretty much set in stone that they will all be remembered and talked about nearly a decade from now.

Journey? It's a two hour long downloadable game. No body is even going to know what it is in a few years.

Borderlands 2? Don't get me wrong, I love Borderlands, but it's not the kind of game people will still be talking about years from now.

Max Payne 3? What makes people think this game will be remembered any more than it's predecessors?

The two games from 2012 that will be remembered most are Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3, and not for the reasons you may be thinking. They will be remembered for being major disappointments to a lot of people.

And sure Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2 will be remembered, but only because of their names. There has been no groundbreaking games in 2012, whereas 2011 had a f*cking plethora of them.

Master_ShakeXXX
i think you're forgetting something.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mems_1224

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

The setting is amazing

The game is so immersive

so would you about any 360 game, hypocrite
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#69 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

2012 has been awesome. You guys need to get over these stupid numbers and just play games on a steady basis.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

OK then, why do you hold your opinion higher than his to the point that you would almost call it a fact?

Are you listening to yourself?

I never said my opinion was fact, not once, I said I disagree with his opinion, and a lot of critics disagree with his opinion.

His opinion doesn't hold any weight in changing mine, when did I say my opinion is fact?

Can you stop talking nonsense, you're coming across as a bit of an "@$$" yourself.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 princeofshapeir

SkyrimCrap

Batman AC Arkham Asylum was better

Dark Souls Alright

Witcher 2Alright

Portal 2 Even though it has good dialog and voice acting Portal 1 will always have the better gameplay/puzzles

Deus Ex HRThe big selling point of this game was "freedom of choice." Dishonored offers far more choice than this game does, and quite frankly HR's mechanics are already primitive in comparison.

Minecraft People have been playing it since 2009. It didn't get really, really big just in 2011, even though it officially released last year.

BF3 Crap

AmnesiaEh.

Now whether you love or hate these games, it's pretty much set in stone that they will all be remembered and talked about nearly a decade from now. If we're talking about games that will be remembered, you would have included MW3 on your list. Your bias is showing

What are people going to remember from 2012?Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, Max Payne 3

Borderlands 2? Don't get me wrong, I love Borderlands, but it's not the kind of game people will still be talking about years from now.Yes, it is. It will survive well into 2014 like the last game.

Max Payne 3? What makes people think this game will be remembered any more than it's predecessors?Best TPS of the gen.

The two games from 2012 that will be remembered most are Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3, and not for the reasons you may be thinking. They will be remembered for being major disappointments to a lot of people.Fair enough. But Diablo 3 is getting the support it needs to make it a better game. Weren't you the guy frothing at the mouth that Diablo 3 was the best game ever made? Smells like Mitt Romney in here.

And sure Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2 will be remembered, but only because of their names. There has been no groundbreaking games in 2012, whereas 2011 had a f*cking plethora of them.All of the big games in 2011 were sequels. All of the big games of 2012 were sequels, save for Dishonored.

Master_ShakeXXX

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BrunoBRS

2012 has been awesome. You guys need to get over these stupid numbers and just play games on a steady basis.

NeonNinja
or stop limiting yourselves to a single console. or dismissing games because they're downloadable or MMOs. or ignoring plenty of awesome multiplats released this year.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Goyoshi12

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

Master_ShakeXXX

Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Torchlight 2, Counter Strike: Global Offense, Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai, Civilization V: Gods and Kings, XCOM: Enemy Unkown, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, Tribes Ascend, War of the Roses, Forza Horizon, Spelunky, Dragon's Dogma, The Walking Dead Episodes, SSX, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I Am Alive, Skullgirls, Twisted Metal, and probably even more.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mems_1224

NeonNinja
people around here worry too much about reviews and finding reasons not to enjoy games.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

mems_1224

The setting is amazing

The game is so immersive

so would you about any 360 game, hypocrite

I'm not insulting him because he disagrees with me... I'm acknowledging it :| and yes if I didn't like a game you could give me a list of reasons and I still wouldn't like it.

Why are you always getting defensive?

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 princeofshapeir

saints row has surpassed the gta series so far.
mems_1224

2190d1342916241-johnny-seps-prop-bets-sh

tumblr_mbrbetWRy01rg2rf7o1_500.gif

Tom-Cruise-Laughing.gif

Good joke.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

Are you listening to yourself?

I never said my opinion was fact, not once, I said I disagree with his opinion, and a lot of critics disagree with his opinion.

His opinion doesn't hold any weight in changing mine, when did I say my opinion is fact?

Can you stop talking nonsense, you're coming across as a bit of an "@$$" yourself.

Yeah...I should really learn when to shut my mouth these days. Especially with you crafty cows around here.

That or stop eating too much candy before I post. Either or.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

but you guys halo 4 is released this year...............................................

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

The setting is amazing

The game is so immersive

So basically it has nice graphics

And which gameplay mechanics are we talking about? Walking and jumping? I guess every game has amazing mechanics then since that is a common feature in most games. Silent narration works in some games, but I didn't feel it like it ever amounted to anything. Once it was over, it was just... over. No resolution or anything.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Liquid_

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

princeofshapeir

Tom-Cruise-Laughing.gif

Good joke.

at least they know how to optimize a PC port

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 princeofshapeir

Liquid_

Maybe. Still doesn't excuse SR3's shallow open world setting, gameplay, and story, nor erase GTA IV from the very top of the list of best games of the gen.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

The setting is amazing

The game is so immersive

And which gameplay mechanics are we talking about? Walking and jumping? I guess every game has amazing mechanics then since that is a common feature in most games. Silent narration works in some games, but I didn't feel it like it ever amounted to anything. Once it was over, it was just... over. No resolution or anything.

You don't like it, I like it.

Lets leave it there.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

princeofshapeir

Tom-Cruise-Laughing.gif

Good joke.

it has. saints row the 3rd was way more fun than gta4. gta 4 sucks. the shooting sucks, the driving sucks, it takes itself too seriously and they took away the silliness that made the series so fun. there were no jetpacks, planes, etc..the game was bad. saints row the third is what gta 4 should have been.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Liquid_

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

princeofshapeir

Maybe. Still doesn't excuse SR3's shallow open world setting, gameplay, and story, nor erase GTA IV from the very top of the list of best games of the gen.

coudln't tell ya. gta 4 was unplayable on my PC(still is probably). SR3 was over the top fun, not for everyone

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

Goyoshi12

Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Torchlight 2, Counter Strike: Global Offense, Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai, Civilization V: Gods and Kings, XCOM: Enemy Unkown, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, Tribes Ascend, War of the Roses, Forza Horizon, Spelunky, Dragon's Dogma, The Walking Dead Episodes, SSX, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I Am Alive, Skullgirls, Twisted Metal, and probably even more.

and far cry 3 and hitman are still going to be released this year, last i checked. funny how he already knows halo 4 will be nothing special.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

princeofshapeir

the gameplay was much better than gta's. for one, you could actually control the cars and they were fun to drive. plus the weapons and game play were waaaay better
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

BrunoBRS

and far cry 3 and hitman are still going to be released this year, last i checked. funny how he already knows halo 4 will be nothing special.

I know, I didn't forget them. It's just...ya never know.

Oh and I also forgot AC3.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Master_ShakeXXX

Skyrim

Batman AC

Dark Souls

Witcher 2

Portal 2

Deus Ex HR

Minecraft

BF3

Amnesia

BrunoBRS

i think you're forgetting something.

The verdict is still out on GW2. Like with most MMOs it's impact depends entirely upon how well it's supported by the developers over the coming years. It could eventually become the next WoW, or just fall off the face of the Earth like The Old Republic. It didn't take long for gamers to start questioning the quality of GW2's end game content.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

The setting is amazing

The game is so immersive

Z-Fatalis

You don't like it, I like it.

Lets leave it there.

That's fine. I'm just curious why I am usually so accepting of many games and can find enjoyment in just about any kind of game, yet Journey pissed me off since it was such a waste of my time and money (not so much my time though since it was so short)

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
2012 has been the best year for me this gen. So far I have bought 11 PS3 games and 33 PC games this year. Nothing bad about that to me.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 princeofshapeir

it has. saints row the 3rd was way more fun than gta4. gta 4 sucks. the shooting sucks, the driving sucks, it takes itself too seriously and they took away the silliness that made the series so fun. there were no jetpacks, planes, etc..the game was bad. saints row the third is what gta 4 should have been.mems_1224

I won't even get into the critical scores, because I'm sure we're all aware that GTA IV is the highest-rated game this gen based on Metacritic AND GameRankings, and earned a 10 here. And I'm sure we're all aware that the Saint's Row series has always been AA--at best.

You'd have to be absolutely insane to consider the shooting in GTA IV worse than SR3. There isn't a cover system in SR3; hit detection is piss-poor; gunplay feels cheap. I'm not calling GTA IV's shooting the exemplar of open-world games, but it definitely is more refined than SR3's--cover system, Euphoria lets you stagger enemies by shooting them in specific areas. SR3's shooting just feels flimsy and cheap.

Driving is a subjective thing. For what GTA IV was trying to be, it fit well--cars weren't crazy fast nor did they turn on a dime. You had to release your finger off the accelerator if you wanted to drive smoothly. In SR3 every car feels ridiculously fast and turns unrealistically well, defying the laws of motion entirely, but considering SR3 tries desperately hard to be "so randum XDDD" Iguess it fits.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#92 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's not all bad, it had quite a bit of good games, but compared to the great 2010 and 2011 it's such a letdown, definitely earlier this year with barely any worth playing games.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#93 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Gotta take the bad with the good. 2012 has been bad indeed. Lot of games pushed to early 2013 though so at least it should be a good start to the year.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Master_ShakeXXX

SkyrimCrap

Batman AC Arkham Asylum was better

Dark Souls Alright

Witcher 2Alright

Portal 2 Even though it has good dialog and voice acting Portal 1 will always have the better gameplay/puzzles

Deus Ex HRThe big selling point of this game was "freedom of choice." Dishonored offers far more choice than this game does, and quite frankly HR's mechanics are already primitive in comparison.

Minecraft People have been playing it since 2009. It didn't get really, really big just in 2011, even though it officially released last year.

BF3 Crap

AmnesiaEh.

Now whether you love or hate these games, it's pretty much set in stone that they will all be remembered and talked about nearly a decade from now. If we're talking about games that will be remembered, you would have included MW3 on your list. Your bias is showing

What are people going to remember from 2012?Guild Wars 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, Max Payne 3

Borderlands 2? Don't get me wrong, I love Borderlands, but it's not the kind of game people will still be talking about years from now.Yes, it is. It will survive well into 2014 like the last game.

Max Payne 3? What makes people think this game will be remembered any more than it's predecessors?Best TPS of the gen.

The two games from 2012 that will be remembered most are Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3, and not for the reasons you may be thinking. They will be remembered for being major disappointments to a lot of people.Fair enough. But Diablo 3 is getting the support it needs to make it a better game. Weren't you the guy frothing at the mouth that Diablo 3 was the best game ever made? Smells like Mitt Romney in here.

And sure Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2 will be remembered, but only because of their names. There has been no groundbreaking games in 2012, whereas 2011 had a f*cking plethora of them.All of the big games in 2011 were sequels. All of the big games of 2012 were sequels, save for Dishonored.

princeofshapeir

Like I said, whether you love or hate those 2012 games, their impact cannot be denied.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Oh look another stupid mastershake thread

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]it has. saints row the 3rd was way more fun than gta4. gta 4 sucks. the shooting sucks, the driving sucks, it takes itself too seriously and they took away the silliness that made the series so fun. there were no jetpacks, planes, etc..the game was bad. saints row the third is what gta 4 should have been.princeofshapeir

I won't even get into the critical scores, because I'm sure we're all aware that GTA IV is the highest-rated game this gen based on Metacritic AND GameRankings, and earned a 10 here. And I'm sure we're all aware that the Saint's Row series has always been AA--at best.

You'd have to be absolutely insane to consider the shooting in GTA IV worse than SR3. There isn't a cover system in SR3; hit detection is piss-poor; gunplay feels cheap. I'm not calling GTA IV's shooting the exemplar of open-world games, but it definitely is more refined than SR3's--cover system, Euphoria lets you stagger enemies by shooting them in specific areas. SR3's shooting just feels flimsy and cheap.

Driving is a subjective thing. For what GTA IV was trying to be, it fit well--cars weren't crazy fast nor did they turn on a dime. You had to release your finger off the accelerator if you wanted to drive smoothly. In SR3 every car feels ridiculously fast and turns unrealistically well, defying the laws of motion entirely, but considering SR3 tries desperately hard to be "so randum XDDD" Iguess it fits.

the cover sytem in gta wasn't that good. having a cover system doesn't make the gunplay good or fun. saints row had a bigger and more interesting selection of weapons that could get upgraded. being able to customize your character is a big plus for saints row. there are tons of options so that the character you create is unique. the customization in gta 4 was pathetic. the driving in gta was awful. it might have been more realistic but it wasn't fun. gta 4 didn't age well. the old gta games didn't have realistic driving and thats what made them so fun. the vehicles were boring to, compared to saints row vehicles that you can customize and save. other than the city, gta 4 doesn't really do anything better than saints row the third.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Master_ShakeXXX

NeonNinja

I don't like arguing numbers anymore than you do, but if you want your argument to be taken seriously on this god forsaken forum that's pretty much the only way to do it :P

Throwing numbers aside, personally, I think it's been an incredibly lackluster year. There just hasn't been very many games this year that appeal to my tastes.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Liquid_"]

princeofshapeir

SR3 has Sasha Grey that point is invalid.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Master_ShakeXXX

Oh look another stupid mastershake thread

Ballroompirate

Oh look, another utterly worthless post. Why not give an opinion that has some kind of relevance to the topic instead of just being a jackass?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Spent months of the year having one of the most revolutionary and best gaming experiences of my life in DayZ. On top of that I've played loads of exceptional games. I'd say it has been a great year in gaming, I've got great games coming out of my ears.

Don't know what your gaming platform was, maybe that sucked, mine was awesome.

iamrob7
Yeah, Day Z is friggin' awesome. Can't wait for the stand alone release.