Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@dynamitecop: Oh yeah forgot about SolidTY.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#52 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'd want this for Horde, as it's always been the best part of Gears, but I dunno if I'd pay $60 just for that.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50574 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@Chutebox: Lol you know what kills me? Your ilk like you and Davillian trying to act all manticore like and unbiased, but you all have a bias against MS no matter what, and praise Sony. At least cows admit their delusional fanatics. GTFO.

Grow up.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@mems_1224: God of War looks bad? Lmao wouldn't expect any less from our good ol jester Mems.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Primorandomguy

@Chutebox: Back at ya.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chutebox

@primorandomguy said:

@Chutebox: Back at ya.

Damn. You got me there.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

No worse than God of Bore. Man, what a crap series that needs to die!

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Gears didnt look necessarily terrible. But just oppressively formulaic at this point. At least God of War surprised us by altering its design to a degree,

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Primorandomguy

@Chutebox: What would you rather me attack you with insults? **** that, I'm just saying being fake isn't exactly mature.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22719 Posts

I wasn't high on more gears to begin with... The stage demo really reminded me why... The gameplay looked REALLY safe and with a franchise with that type of fatigue that isn't a good thing...

And two, the dialog was so bad, like.... So bad. I haven't read what others have said about that specifically but when I watched the demo it stood out like a hooker in church.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox

@primorandomguy said:

@Chutebox: What would you rather me attack you with insults? **** that, I'm just saying being fake isn't exactly mature.

Nope, but making up shit is pretty immature. You're good at that from past experiences and this one. So, refer to my previous comment. Thanks!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@stereointegrity: awesome game looked awesome

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44578 Posts

I thought it looked awful. So bad that I can definitively say I have no plans to get this now. Thankfully MS had other worthy showings at E3 I'm stoked for, like Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few, and the plethora of awesome third party multiplats as always.

As for Gears, I thought GS summed it up well in post show analysis, the game just lacks gore. I mean, look at Doom, I mean everything is just meat. That's the kind of design that you even see them talk about in the Gears of War making-of videos, like saying they wanted the sound design to be centered around the themes of meat, metal and bone. And it feels like it when the well timed grenade makes chunks of locusts or when you saw one in half with the lancer. This doesn't feel like a gory shooter like it should. The vertical slice centered around lame events like that stupid catapult or knocking the smock stack tower or whatever down to make a bridge, or running through the electrical storm, really lame gameplay elements. The bits of shooting that were there just looked weak as hell. The Coalitions only hope from here on would be to simply do HD remakes of the original Gears of Wars games, judging from how they handled Ultimate though that's an iffy proposition too.

AdmiralAdmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AdmiralAdmiral
Member since 2016 • 94 Posts

Time to move on from this series. I guess they hope it will be an easy cash grab.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I thought it looked awful. So bad that I can definitively say I have no plans to get this now. Thankfully MS had other worthy showings at E3 I'm stoked for, like Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few, and the plethora of awesome third party multiplats as always.

Because a game being shown at an E3 press conference is always the best way to judge a game. :|

spartanx169x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 spartanx169x
Member since 2013 • 2905 Posts

I care more about the game mechanics than I do about looks. The movement was ridiculously sluggish in the beta. It played very much like GOW2. But yeah, I was disappointed with how the beta looked. It looked like it was made for the 360 and was just ported to the XB1.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46370 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

I thought it looked cool and I enjoyed seeing all those atmospheric effects. Very happy to hear horde is back, that's basically my favorite mode I cannot wait to play it.

Yeah I agree, I loved the weather and atmospheric effects.

But the scripted lines were a bit... off.

I'm looking forward to Gears 4. But I still have to play Gears 3 and Judgment, so I'm not in a hurry :)

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Looked fine to me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44578 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@lamprey263 said:

Because a game being shown at an E3 press conference is always the best way to judge a game. :|

Well, yes actually, if you don't have the showmanship to do a decent E3 presentation then how can the game prove any better? Besides, we did see gameplay and it was very underwhelming. Never in watching that did I see a game that I wanted to play at all.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The demo didn't do it too many favors, Gears just isn't the type of franchise that gains from these with its gameplay.

It certainly looks fun but other than the character swap it looks like any past Gears. Again, that's not bad as the series itself on a bad day is still fundamentally more fun to play than most series, but with other franchises of its era either ending and/or evolving with new iterations it certainly doesn't inspire huge amounts of confidence.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Primorandomguy

@Chutebox: Aren't you a feisty one? But no I'm not making stuff up. I go by what I see.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable, but it's hard to take that game all that seriously outside of multiplayer. Where those mechanics at least shine, in single player they might come off old, stale, and slow. And in a year where we've had Doom, Uncharted 4, and stuff like what Tomb Raider and the Last of Us do with a cover shooter, much less Vanquish which makes all these cover shooters definitely slow as ****, it comes like why won't they mess with the sp harder than that?

I get the idea of not fucking with the mp, keep that shit pure. But Gears of War could benefit from some much needed additional mechanics to the single player.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Gears 4 looks like gears, and that's good. I want it.

@nervmeister said:

Gears didnt look necessarily terrible. But just oppressively formulaic at this point. At least God of War surprised us by altering its design to a degree,

In an almost entirely unfavorable way? Yeah, no thanks. I can't say I was a big God of War player, but isn't it supposed to be an action game and not a story-driven adventure? It might be a good change, but it's not for my tastes.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I wasn't a big fan of the GeoW 4 level they chose to demo, but it seemed okay, if a little straight forward. Kind of a been there, done that vibe.

Good luck to the brand new developers working on GeoW 4, I imagine living up to EPIC and Cliffy B would be quite the task.

I'll forever miss EPIC and Cliffy B's involvement in future GeoW titles, but I wish the new team the best on their very first real title.

@turianshepard said:

dynamitecop: yea he is.

Don't bother with him and his massive fanbot game.

The Xbox is a good brand with a lot of good games, but fanboys like him aren't doing the brand any favors. I have no idea why he posts about other users, as he is doing to Davillian and even myself. It's depressing that to make a point he needs to sling mud all the time. I wasn't in any threads talking sh** about him and I certainly don't bring up how the majority of the forum feels regarding his xbot behavior unless he brings me up.

I just post about the topic and wish he would settle down.

He goes off topic, uses ad hominems on users, complains when others go off topic which is very hypocritical, and can't seem to grasp why the world doesn't see things his way.

Example: I wasn't even in this GeoW 4 thread and he couldn't stop himself. Shame on him.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SolidTy

@primorandomguy said:

dynamitecop: Oh yeah forgot about SolidTY.

Just so you know, agreeing with NyaDC/dynamitecop on almost any topic is basically signing a 'massive fanboy' membership form.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@primorandomguy said:

dynamitecop: Oh yeah forgot about SolidTY.

Just so you know, agreeing with NyaDC/dynamitecop on almost any topic is basically signing a massive fanboy membership form.

This is an inaccurate assessment.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Lol SolidTy back at it again

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SolidTy

@Blabadon: Yes, as are you Blaba, lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Gears back at it again.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@loe12k said:

Gears 3 in my opinion was the best one.

And there goes any credibility you might have had.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#81  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4577 Posts

No interest in gears 4, but I had no interest in gears after gears 1. I just don't like the clunky gameplay, being sucked into walls from 10 feet away, the horrible hit detection with the shotgun, and the being sucked in by a chainsaw from 5 feet away from the opponent. Outside of the graphics at the time, I just didn't care for the game. Played a few rounds after playing the campaign, put it up and never looked back. Just not my cup of tea. 4 doesn't seem to change that.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Just seeing this video, holy balls, what made them think it was a good idea to show this off? It's comically bad but it's something I wasn't looking forward to it anyway so whateves.

The gameplay showing that disappointed me was Scalebound, it seems to be suffering from the same forced dialogue and stale gameplay as Gears4 but I expected better, like a real JRPG experience from Scalebound and they dropped the ball somewhere.

I wonder if MS was pushing platinum to make Scalebound seem more "hip" to appeal to xbox fans...whatever they did it succeeded in killing my interest in it, but maybe xbox fans would like this better now.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SolidTy

@nethernova said:
@loe12k said:

Gears 3 in my opinion was the best one.

And there goes any credibility you might have had.

Yes, it was the worst one of the trilogy, for sure, but a good game. It's just they turned the GeoW 3 MP into a COD like spam festival.

Based on the GeoW 4 beta, it looks like the brand new developers are looking to continue that push.

GeoW: Judgement (not developed by Cliffy) though, that was a huge letdown.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

looked almost as bad as god of war

Lol yeah... I know I'm just going to be called a fanboy lem blah blah, but I honestly thought God of War looked meh.

Gears 4 looked like more Gears. That's a good thing to me. But obviously not everyone.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I don't play Gears for the SP/lore, so I can't really comment. I thought most played it for the MP/Horde?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I gotta call out gears 4 here.

World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade had more interesting gameplay e3 footage than gears 4 here tonight.

It just didn't pop, those weather effects were already in WoW such as the thunderstorms and rain. The voice acting its all been done before it open world MMO's.

Gears 4 fell flat on stage the OP is right. This franchise needs to take a break. Make catch their breath at refocus to get its bearings ala ID software with Doom.

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

Yepp really bad graphics ... UC4 pales compared lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Na I gotta call out gears 4 here.

World Of Warcraft Burning Crusade had more interesting gameplay e3 footage then gears 4 .

It just didn't pop, those effects were in wow to thunderstorms and the energy and the voice acting its all been done before it open world MMO's.

Gears 4 fell flat on stage OP is right. This franchise needs to take a break.

Lol what? What does WoW or MMOs have to do with anything?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

More bad graphics..

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@ttboy said:

What makes you think people are talking about "graphics" when they say it look terrible? The game can be played on high end computers, there's not reason why I'd look bad graphically.

Maybe you should try watching the gameplay vid and see what people are talking about, I've only heard a few mention graphics, but graphically it looks fine...now animations lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#91 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17816 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:

No worse than God of Bore. Man, what a crap series that needs to die!

Mind your words fool!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

@casharmy:

@casharmy said:
@ttboy said:

What makes you think people are talking about "graphics" when they say it look terrible? The game can be played on high end computers, there's not reason why I'd look bad graphically.

Maybe you should try watching the gameplay vid and see what people are talking about, I've only heard a few mention graphics, but graphically it looks fine...now animations lol

The argument has been made about every and I mean every game that is a sequel.... Its Gears.. expect Gears game play and dumb oneliners. Its Uncharted expect Uncharted game play. etc etc

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#93  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Never got into gears because the motion blur would always make me nauseated. Happy to see it come to the PC though so I can take off this post fx.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Looks mediocre, but most importantly the gameplay looks mediocre too

Avatar image for deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
Member since 2016 • 329 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Which in turn looked almost as bad as Dead Rising 4, man E3 was not good for you guys huh?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@naughtyottsel22 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Which in turn looked almost as bad as Dead Rising 4, man E3 was not good for you guys huh?

Avatar image for deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
Member since 2016 • 329 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@naughtyottsel22 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Never tried that, looks fun.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Graphics are fine but it looked more gears of Bore than Gears of war, i do hope the final games a tad more exiting than that.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#99 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Nobody requires that Gears of War do too much differently than the other four games.