Kojima: "Natal will start a revolution."

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

Link

This guy looves it. Bloggers present said he almost fainted (click on link if u don't beilve me)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate.

so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCoreGamer_
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts
ye a casual vs hardcore revolution. i will be on the hardcore side protesting.
sexy_robot_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sexy_robot_man
Member since 2009 • 1002 Posts

DEJA VU

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
:lol: uh oh, the cows messiah is praising natal :o But yeah, im not really interested in any of this motion guff
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Bah, the Wii started a revolution, Natal and the PS Wand are just responses.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Until we have a holodeck, I could give sweet crap-all about motion controls.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I like that MS went for a different approach to motion controls and didn't just ripoff Nintendo like Sony

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I like that MS went for a different approach to motion controls and didn't just ripoff Nintendo like Sony

paul265
Yes natal is nothing like anything available *Looks at PSEYE*
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

This guy looves it. Bloggers present said he almost fainted (click on link if u don't beilve me)

Squall18

Almost feinted? From what? Playing the ball game and flailing around like an idiot?

I have yet to even come close to feinting from ANYTHING I've seen a computer, except maybe that 2 girls/cup thing.

sexy_robot_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sexy_robot_man
Member since 2009 • 1002 Posts

[QUOTE="paul265"]

Javy03

Compare PSEYE to XBOX Vision not to NATAL which is far more advanced than either.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

I hope there right! If it really is good, than it adds a whole other category of games for us to play, and there will still be controller games. I can't see why anyone would want this to fail. It's great for competition and it is one step closer to virtual reality!

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="paul265"]

Yeah its just a PSeye with more depth...but somehow when people see it its like this thing form another world.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

sexy_robot_man

Compare PSEYE to XBOX Vision not to NATAL which is far more advanced than either.

Still doesn't change the fact that its still a rip off from PSeye.

Look, companies do this, get used to it. Money makes the world go round,

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_robot_man"]

PSeye was last gen on the PS2 :? Natal was clearly a more advanced ripoff.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Well "Kojima knows his stuff" so I'm looking forward to the next gaming revolution.
Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Uh Oh looks like cow's will say " we never liked Kojima anyways MGS was overatted" :roll:
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate.

so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness.

WilliamRLBaker

do you have a link that would back up your hypothesis?

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themyth01

As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate. so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness. WilliamRLBaker
Uhh no it can't. It can't do voice recognition nor precise movement detection, nor depth detection, it's a lot more simplistic. The functionality is worlds apart.

Cookigaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cookigaki
Member since 2009 • 690 Posts
Kojima was just being polite
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate. so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness. themyth01

Uhh no it can't. It can't do voice recognition nor precise movement detection, nor depth detection, it's a lot more simplistic. The functionality is worlds apart.

Everything you said can be obtain via updates. So its not something you won't expect it to have.

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate. so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness. tonitorsi

Everything you said can be obtain via updates. So its not something you won't expect it to have.

You are telling me that a pseye will somehow be able to do this with a software update? Seriously, start knowing what you are talking about. It's like syaing that the wii will do ps3 graphics with a update.
sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="sexy_robot_man"]

Yes natal is nothing like anything available *Looks at PSEYE*Javy03

PSeye was last gen on the PS2 :? Natal was clearly a more advanced ripoff.

that was the eyetoy genius
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Uhh no it can't. It can't do voice recognition nor precise movement detection, nor depth detection, it's a lot more simplistic. The functionality is worlds apart.

Communistsheep

You are telling me that a pseye will somehow be able to do this with a software update? Seriously, start knowing what you are talking about. It's like syaing that the wii will do ps3 graphics with a update.

didnt you hear? the wii can do crysis graphics, if you download the newest version of flash

Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

[QUOTE="sexy_robot_man"]

[QUOTE="Javy03"] Yes natal is nothing like anything available *Looks at PSEYE*tonitorsi

Still doesn't change the fact that its still a rip off from PSeye.

Look, companies do this, get used to it. Money makes the world go round,

Yup and the PS wand is a rip off of the Wiimote, I might add.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Looks like future installments of MGS might have found a new home...
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

If gaming leads to this I will be sure to quit.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Uhh no it can't. It can't do voice recognition nor precise movement detection, nor depth detection, it's a lot more simplistic. The functionality is worlds apart.

Communistsheep

Um are you really that lost in the odorous bowels of the Natal hype??? There was a recent tech demo that showed pretty accurate head tracking and facial recognition a couple of months back. Do you really believe Sony can't update the PS EYE for voice recognition? Not to mention *sigh* if you add the dumb wands the PS EYE shouldn't have a problem tracking your full body.

And the last time I check, which was last night FYI. When the Japanese girl was testing out Natal in the hotel room it wasn't very accurate. Not only was their major lag but the on screen avatars limbs looked like wet noodles when either of them moved around. :roll:

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Looks like future installments of MGS might have found a new home...67gt500

There is no way anyone can play any game from the Metal Gear Solid series with Natal.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

Thats wrong.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

I have now just lost all faith in Kojima-sama.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate. so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness. themyth01

LOL keep telling your self that, the Natal camera is more advanced then the pseye it uses more current technology, it has a mic last i checked, therefor is capable of speech recog, just as the ps eye is capable. Its capable of depth of field, and precise movement detection, the only difference is is programming its all in the programming, the natal camera being more current tech with the right programming will be more capable then the ps eye.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Trmpt

Thats wrong.

actually its correct. the natal camera uses current technology so such programming techniques will be easier to impliment but they are not impossible on the pseye. Every thing is there to be used by the pseye but just in an older tech which will make it harder to adapt the programming but it can still be done.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

Thats wrong.

actually its correct. the natal camera uses current technology so such programming techniques will be easier to impliment but they are not impossible on the pseye. Every thing is there to be used by the pseye but just in an older tech which will make it harder to adapt the programming but it can still be done.

So you are saying that the pseye can imitate natal. Imitating hardware is completely different from actually doing what the hardware is capably of, therefore it will be like going from a Wii version of a game to one on the 360 or PS3.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
No, i don't think it will. Maybe for mini games and the sort, but i think controllers will still be the best input method.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 themyth01

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] As it comes down to it, you have the pseye tech and the natal tech, the pseye hardware is older then the natal camera but through programming it can do the exact same things, The natal hardware is newer and with programming can do any thing the pseye can do, But being newer hardware i would assume it would be more accurate. so heres to hoping they provide sufficient competition to push both forward to greatness. tonitorsi

The eyetoy was set up for a 2D world interaction. Everything I said can be done with a code rewrite, as the current code base would most likely have to be rewritten, and the entire hardware would have to be redone for the added functionality, so anyone can do this with a couple of millions of lines of code and some advanced camera functions, simple enough.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Trmpt
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

themyth01

The eyetoy was set up for a 2D world interaction. Everything I said can be done with a code rewrite, as the current code base would most likely have to be rewritten, and the entire hardware would have to be redone for the added functionality, so anyone can do this with a couple of millions of lines of code and some advanced camera functions, simple enough.

Hardware is not able (as far as I know) to be updated through software, you can only use software to update software. The pseye just doesnt have the hardware abilities that natal has, it wont 'see' in 3d as well as a camera that actually has 3d capabilities.
Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

When it comes right down to it, a game is just a game. Nobody is revolutionizing anything. You can't turn a bad game good by changing the hardware of the machine it runs on.

snakes3425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#39 snakes3425
Member since 2008 • 1508 Posts

With MS and Sony both grandstanding on their motion controllers all we can do is hope they come out with the games to make them worth while

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Where have I heard of the term "revolution"? Oh wait, wasn't the Wii the supposed "revolution"?

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

[QUOTE="67gt500"]Looks like future installments of MGS might have found a new home...Burning-Sludge

There is no way anyone can play any game from the Metal Gear Solid series with Natal.

?... !... What about the sneaking?... and climbing?... and CQC moves?... and shooting?... and crawling? Every character action in MGS is a candidate for Natal... Why do you think Kojima's so excited?
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Link

Squall18

Yeah he almost fainted because Sony lost the Motion Controller battle. :lol:

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

Most diffidently not. PsEye does not have a infrared depth camera, only a regular RGB camera. Natal has both along with a microphone and its own custom processor.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

[QUOTE="67gt500"]Looks like future installments of MGS might have found a new home...67gt500

?... !... What about the sneaking?... and climbing?... and CQC moves?... and shooting?... and crawling? Every character action in MGS is a candidate for Natal... Why do you think Kojima's so excited?

Is the next Metal Gear Solid game going to be a mini-game collection based on those concepts? No way anyone could do all of those things at the same time without button assistance or the game having poor controls due to the fancy hand gestures one would have to make. Having an all Natal Metal Gear Solid game is like having an all Balance Board Metroid game.

hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
I'd like to hear hes opinion on the PS3's motion control thing, because if he don't "almost faint" on it, it won't be a buy for me.
TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheCoreGamer_
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts
Kojima was just being politeCookigaki
best read ever. i think thats actually the truth why its funny. btw why not do the cookigaki voice.
Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
MS must be showing the devs we aren't seeing because I feel like an optimistic person about it and I'm still skeptical...
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#48 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
:lol: uh oh, the cows messiah is praising natal :o But yeah, im not really interested in any of this motion guffNidget
Kojima isn't a Cow...
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

At the end of the day, the real way to actually get people hyped is to show off games that does work. If Kojima or some other game designer makes something spectacular out the tech, I will no doubt get a 360. But just don't turn this into the wii hd.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

You heard it here guys! The next MS console will be called the Revolution! (later to be renamed the Xii)