Kojima is the epitome of delusional

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"]

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]leave it to the mods at GS to keep a Kojima hate thread going on. if this was about bungie or halo hate, it would have been closed long time ago. Kojima is the Master, haters need to get over it.Jag85

its not a kojima hate thread... its a perfectly good discussion on how he seriously needs to hire some editors to clean up the convulated story he wrote.

and to the people saying "haters" you're basically coming off as. "I cant think of anything to say to shoot down your argument" you're out of ideas, that you'd like nothing more than to undermine the opposition but have precisely zero tools to fight with. its all what you guys can come up with nothing more than a weak attempt at a snappy rebuttla thats transparent as hell.

This thread is not simply about Kojima's need for an editor (or better translator), which would be a decent topic of discussion, but most of the posts are clearly about how much Kojima sucks, with very few actually putting forth any coherent arguments to explain why.

And this is a pretty pointless thread. There's already a thread about Kojima and Crysis, and yet the topic starter felt the need to create another thread about this exact same topic just to vent some frustration with incoherent babble. I don't have an issue with haters, but only with those who take their hatred a bit too far with incoherent arguments and attempts to pass off their opinions as if they were fact when they're clearly not, so I don't blame those guys for making fun of haters.

Really? What part of my arguments was incoherent? From what I can see, a lot of people have been agreeing with me and no one (even advocate Kojima defenders) have a difficult time in understanding what I was conveying. Yes there are disagreements but every single point I made was defended clearly and concisely---very dissimilar to a Kojima storyline.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 suitmypants

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]leave it to the mods at GS to keep a Kojima hate thread going on. if this was about bungie or halo hate, it would have been closed long time ago. Kojima is the Master, haters need to get over it.Deadbeatcobra

its not a kojima hate thread... its a perfectly good discussion on how he seriously needs to hire some editors to clean up the convulated story he wrote.

and to the people saying "haters" you're basically coming off as. "I cant think of anything to say to shoot down your argument" you're out of ideas, that you'd like nothing more than to undermine the opposition but have precisely zero tools to fight with. its all what you guys can come up with nothing more than a weak attempt at a snappy rebuttla thats transparent as hell.

well said Deadbeatcobra
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 suitmypants

All the haters keep saying is MGS has a dumb story, its convoluted, its ridiculous, its boring, its this its that, but they dont provide any examples whatsoever. I agree that mgs4 was a bit ridiculous at times but the other 3 games stories were superb in everyway.Androvinus
Here is one of the examples of Kojima's ridiculousness: li la le lo lu? (or however you pronounce it) That was the most absurd plot element to incorporate into a story. It made zero sense and added absolutely nothing to the story or gameplay. It only made things more convoluted.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Dear absent minded gamespot users:

"Metal Gear Solid 4 is an awe-inspiring synthesis of dramatic storytelling and entertaining gameplay."

"Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made. It's also a fine example of storytelling prowess within its medium, combining gameplay and narrative so slickly and beautifully that it's impossible to extricate one from the other. It's likely you will emerge awestruck from your first play-through, wishing the experience would continue yet nonetheless satisfied with its conclusion. It's difficult not to sound hyperbolic when discussing MGS4 because every part of its design seemingly fulfills its vision, without compromise. There is no halfway."

So you can stop with your worthless opinions that no one cares about. Seriously. No one would ask a blind man to decide which of Picasso's paintings are more beautiful. No musician would ask a deaf mute to compare Mozart with Bach. No mathamatician would discuss pi with a monkey. No one would take SW opinion on MGS4/Kojima's storytelling.

Mozelleple112

Dear God, you really need to read a book.

Here is a start

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

So you can stop with your worthless opinions that no one cares about. Seriously. No one would ask a blind man to decide which of Picasso's paintings are more beautiful. No musician would ask a deaf mute to compare Mozart with Bach. No mathamatician would discuss pi with a monkey. No one would take SW opinion on MGS4/Kojima's storytelling.

Mozelleple112

Presenting another man's opinions as a way to somehow belittle ours doesn't work because, you know, it's just another man's opinions. I also like the irony of your last sentence.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

From what i've played he's not bad. His greatest flaw is that he is japanese. You either like the way japanese people like to direct and tell their stories in a popular media or you don't. My feeling is that he can't let go of the tiny things and manerisms (aka all the ****) that makes a regular anime story for the sake of a more serious and cohese plot.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#209 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

"Metal Gear Solid 4 is an awe-inspiring synthesis of dramatic storytelling and entertaining gameplay."

"Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made. It's also a fine example of storytelling prowess within its medium, combining gameplay and narrative so slickly and beautifully that it's impossible to extricate one from the other. It's likely you will emerge awestruck from your first play-through, wishing the experience would continue yet nonetheless satisfied with its conclusion. It's difficult not to sound hyperbolic when discussing MGS4 because every part of its design seemingly fulfills its vision, without compromise. There is no halfway."

Mozelleple112
lol This guy is so mad.
UC3Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 UC3Drake
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts

Mozelleple112

I understand your love for MGS4( I feel the same way about Uncharted 2), but you cant just shove your opinions in other people faces...

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

AncientDozer

Dear God, you really need to read a book.

Here is a start

. . . I had to google that because what kind of name is "The Legend of the Thousand Bulls". First off, where do you get a thousand bulls. Secondly, it doesn't appear to be just any bulls but. . THE bulls. Holy crap.

It's another name for the Taurus mountains in Anatolia (modern Turkey). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurus_Mountains

SDsnatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 SDsnatcher
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

You'd think Hideo Kojima was the David Lynch of gaming.
In my opinion he is more the James Cameron or M. Night Shyamalan of games.

And as far as the story and characters in most games go, I'll leave you with this line from Jeff Foxworthy:
If an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger changed your life, you might be a redneck.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

And as far as the story and characters in most games go, I'll leave you with this line from Jeff Foxworthy:
If an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger changed your life, you might be a redneck.

SDsnatcher

I lol'd so hard

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

a likely story, lol.

HailCaesarHail

Perhaps he simply doesn't like the story. I've played through every MGS. While I enjoyed the games a lot, I find the storylines to be quite silly and convoluted. People are allowed to have their opinions.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

[QUOTE="leadernator"]

Kojima may be delusional... but he makes great games.

Think about it, other than graphics, no one ever talks about crysis. As a game, it is not memorable. A lot of people may think MGS is too weird, but they are also incredible games, with some of the most memorable gaming moments in vg history.

KHAndAnime

The memorable moments in Crysis aren't scripted. You make them.

Nobody talks about that either :P

Strip Crysis of its graphics... wonder if it will get the praise.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 suitmypants

You'd think Hideo Kojima was the David Lynch of gaming.
In my opinion he is more the James Cameron or M. Night Shyamalan of games.

SDsnatcher

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at the last part.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 suitmypants

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

VGobbsesser

Presenting another man's opinions as a way to somehow belittle ours doesn't work because, you know, it's just another man's opinions. I also like the irony of your last sentence.

What VGobbsesser said
OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

UC3Drake

I understand your love for MGS4( I feel the same way about Uncharted 2), but you cant just shove your opinions in other people faces...

This is SW. All we do most of the time is shove our opinions in other people's faces. Heck, this thread is all about shoving opinions.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the guy is a genius and can say anything he wants to.

he may be sheening his friggin head off but i don't care.

i would like to see his next game not be broken by having a one shot kill tranq gun in the first second of the game though.

TehOverkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TehOverkill
Member since 2011 • 754 Posts

MGS' story BLOWS. If you're playing it for the character development or political conundrum, you're doing it wrong. The game itself and the great gameplay don't get shadowed by the cheesy lines, storytelling and characters, so it's still a great experience, but it's definitely not something I'm playing for the story. That was something pretty obvious since the first game, and that has only aggravated since then.

emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

i hated the MGS storyline, i do however enjoy games with a lot of history in them, like assassins creed. i enjoy the hell out of it, even though the endings are super wierd. i just enjoy the history.

taterfrickintot
I agree with this. AC are amazing games, the stories are brilliantly brought into the game with out making it too annoying or boring. I love the history and accuracy of the AC games.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#225 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I don't see how people find it difficult to follow the story, it's not hard. bleehum

^^ This. God forbid you have to think a little in this day and age. Sure, there are plot-holes in his work, but name a game that has 8 sequels that DOESN'T have a plot-hole here or there...

Heck, Final Fantasy can't seem to handle continuing a single story, which is why they made a whole new game with each one created.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#226 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Yeah bro I'm just mad. This thread is like a class room full of third graders. HURR DURR Isaac Newton was a and herp a derp James Watt was stupid. Point is, Kojima said Crysis was a great game, which it is. He also said the story was generic/bad. Which it is, and almost anyone will agree to that. FACT. Kojima is also known a video game genius, one of the most highly appreciated directors in the gaming industry, famous for his storytelling, editing, cinematics and bizarre humour, although accepted as normal for being Japanese. FACT. Every journalist (and any gamer that's not a raging ADD child on Ritalin) INCLUDING Gamespot themselves, will say Metal Gear Solid 4 has one of the stories this gen/all time/that year. So go ahead and enjoy your mediocre mass effect stories and inferior games if thats what you like I feel sorry for those of you not being able to notice a conspicuous masterpiece like MGS4.Mozelleple112

I don't get mad wen people criticize one of my GOAT games like for example Deus ex, or whatever. A game can't please all, be it it's story or gameplay. You just gotta aknowledge that your favorite game, is going to be someone's most disliked game. That goes for all games. It's common fact.

That don't mean it's going to ruin what you feel for the game, or how much you enjoy it. Isn't what you experience the only thing that matters? What i experience is the only thing that matters for me.

I don't get why you give a **** what other people think regarding your favorite games. I dunno why some get mad over it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Yeah bro I'm just mad. This thread is like a class room full of third graders. HURR DURR Isaac Newton was a and herp a derp James Watt was stupid. Point is, Kojima said Crysis was a great game, which it is. He also said the story was generic/bad. Which it is, and almost anyone will agree to that. FACT. Kojima is also known a video game genius, one of the most highly appreciated directors in the gaming industry, famous for his storytelling, editing, cinematics and bizarre humour, although accepted as normal for being Japanese. FACT. Every journalist (and any gamer that's not a raging ADD child on Ritalin) INCLUDING Gamespot themselves, will say Metal Gear Solid 4 has one of the stories this gen/all time/that year. So go ahead and enjoy your mediocre mass effect stories and inferior games if thats what you like I feel sorry for those of you not being able to notice a conspicuous masterpiece like MGS4.Mozelleple112
So if one's opinion does not follow yours, they're unintelligent?

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 m25105

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Mozelleple112

Yeah bro I'm just mad. This thread is like a ****room full of third graders. HURR DURR Isaac Newton was a and herp a derp James Watt was stupid. Point is, Kojima said Crysis was a great game, which it is. He also said the story was generic/bad. Which it is, and almost anyone will agree to that. FACT. Kojima is also known a video game genius, one of the most highly appreciated directors in the gaming industry, famous for his storytelling, editing, cinematics and bizarre humour, although accepted as normal for being Japanese. FACT. Every journalist (and any gamer that's not a raging ADD child on Ritalin) INCLUDING Gamespot themselves, will say Metal Gear Solid 4 has one of the stories this gen/all time/that year. So go ahead and enjoy your mediocre mass effect stories and inferior games if thats what you like I feel sorry for those of you not being able to notice a conspicuous masterpiece like MGS4.

Repeating myself, read a book.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#229 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts

Ah, I can see that he definitely tried, but all the expressions in the world can't save him for being a bad writer.tagyhag

...In your opinion, which most gaming critics (including GameSpot itself) obviously disagree with. No amount of fan criticism will change the fact that Kojima is one of the most critically acclaimed storytellers in the gaming industry. There's nothing "good" or "bad" about any particular sty1e of writing, but there's no denying that Kojima's postmodernist sty1e is unique in the gaming industry.

Here is one of the examples of Kojima's ridiculousness: li la le lo lu? (or however you pronounce it) That was the most absurd plot element to incorporate into a story. It made zero sense and added absolutely nothing to the story or gameplay. It only made things more convoluted.

suitmypants

That's a bad example, since it's an issue with the translation, not Kojima's writing. The meaning behind the name "la li le lo lu" would be obvious to a Japanese speaker (you can find a good explanation for it at TV Tropes), but would only sound like meaningless babble to an English speaker. Again, you cannot judge Kojima's writing based on the translated English dialogues, as much of the underlying subtext of his original Japanese script was lost in translation, as is always the case when translating between different languages and cultures.

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Lol, tell me, wtf is Crysis? MGS pwns most games stories out there. U jus Mad :D

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#231 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

MGS is easy to understand (...)

PcGamingRig

Up to this point I still have no clue wtf happened in MGS 2 when they release they're in a game oO But that aside, I guess I understood most of the story, so I kinda agree