Kojima is the epitome of delusional

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

The guy believes he is the king of storytelling. He calls Crysis a ridiculous game with stereotypical a story. (I actually agree with him, so the haters can calm down).

However, what really irks me is that they guy doesn't even see the ridiculousness in his game. His game is so convoluted with philosophical metaphors and features broken plot lines. Now, I know what the worshipers of Kojima are saying, "You're uneducated, you have to have an IQ of 150 to understand his plot lines." And my response to you all is: "**** you" First off, Kojima is not great at making storylines. Why? Because his stories are all riddled with such intricate politics/philosophical themes that it detracts from the game. And no, that is not an opinion. If there is anyone who can actually understand his storylines from start to finish without reading wikipedia, MGS wiki, etc, then I salute you, because you are one of the few gamers out of one million. Understanding his storylines is like trying to understand a Bio-Ethics textbook: It's extremely incomprehensible. So with that said, I find it pretty audacious how Kojima can critique someone on story telling when infact, he is a terrible writer himself. It make zero sense. Its like a English professor trying to teach Calculus. Kojima is a terrible story teller

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
I don't see how people find it difficult to follow the story, it's not hard.
UC3Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UC3Drake
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts

U mad tho?

Anyway, to understand the whole MGS4 plot, you HAVE to play 1, 2 , and 3 to understand it. The story is still filled with confusion and plot holes though...

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

MGS is easy to understand & kojima is a legend for that series.

i would like too see him make another type of game though. :)

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 suitmypants

I don't see how people find it difficult to follow the story, it's not hard. bleehum
It is. Its confusing and involves intricate relationships that are intertwined with insanity. Solid Snake is the clone version of his father. He has some clone brothers. His clone brother spearheads a terrorist organization. The organization is a splinter cell of blah blah blah. Its way too muddled with connections and inane metaphors that is detracts from the story rather than make it entertaining. Its like reading a 400 university level textbook; you don't want to understand it

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts
When did he say he is king? Any link for that?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

kojima is the master of storytelling, i feel sorry for people to stupid to follow MGS.HailCaesarHail

I feel sorry for people so invested in a franchise that they feel the need to insult anyone who doesn't agree it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Let's be honest, the story of Crysis one was mediocre.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Let's be honest, the story of Crysis one was mediocre. Miroku32
But you have to admit... that Nomad character was a lot more interesting than anyone Kojima came up with!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

gameplay > story

Crysis had a bad story, but it didn't matter. it was fun to play. when i want a solid story, i go to the movies. i can appreciate a good story in games too, but i don't require the game to have one.

redicilous arrogance from mr. Kojima. not good.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 suitmypants
Let's be honest, the story of Crysis one was mediocre. Miroku32
Yeah, but that's not the subject at hand. I even agree with Kojima, but this topic is not to debate the mediocrity of Crisis or which series is better, MGS or Crisis. It's how delusional Kojima is
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts

How do you know wthe English teacherhas not also a doctorate in mathematics?

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suitmypants

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]kojima is the master of storytelling, i feel sorry for people to stupid to follow MGS.waltefmoney

I feel sorry for people so invested in a franchise that they feel the need to insult anyone who doesn't agree it's the best thing since sliced bread.

waltefmoney, nice bro
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]kojima is the master of storytelling, i feel sorry for people to stupid to follow MGS.waltefmoney

I feel sorry for people who cannot recognise level 2 sarcasm.... Unless you were being sarcastic... ****
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 suitmypants
How do you know wthe English teacher is not also a doctorate in mathematics?Indie_Hitman
you're swaying away from the topic nor is understanding whether the English doctorate is a pertinent to what is being discussed at hand. The phrase is a simple metaphor that is meant to be taken light heartedly
Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

i hated the MGS storyline, i do however enjoy games with a lot of history in them, like assassins creed. i enjoy the hell out of it, even though the endings are super wierd. i just enjoy the history.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waltefmoney

I feel sorry for people who cannot recognise level 2 sarcasm.... Unless you were being sarcastic... ****Indie_Hitman

What makes you think he's being sarcastic?

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Indie_Hitman
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]How do you know wthe English teacher is not also a doctorate in mathematics?suitmypants
you're swaying away from the topic nor is understanding whether the English doctorate is a pertinent to what is being discussed at hand. The phrase is a simple metaphor that is meant to be taken light heartedly

I'm afraid I can't do that 'Suitmypants'. An arguement with a bad metaphor is like a dog with a lightsaber. It just doesn't make sense.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 suitmypants
[QUOTE="suitmypants"][QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]How do you know wthe English teacher is not also a doctorate in mathematics?Indie_Hitman

I'm afraid I can't do that 'Suitmypants'. An arguement with a bad metaphor is like a dog with a lightsaber. It just doesn't make sense.

It does. An English professor cannot teach Calculus because it is assumed that the English professor received an English doctorate, therefore must teach English. How can you not understand that and yet you claim that you can understand Kojima's storylines?
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Nice thread title :P, i don't know why Kojima is talking about crysis to be honest

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]I feel sorry for people who cannot recognise level 2 sarcasm.... Unless you were being sarcastic... ****waltefmoney

My sarcasm-O-meter must be broken because i couldn't find the sarcasm there
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]I feel sorry for people who cannot recognise level 2 sarcasm.... Unless you were being sarcastic... ****waltefmoney

Well you see, my suspicions were first aroused when I noticed the lack of proper punctuation in his post. It suggested to me that the post was rushed and that it therefore did not mean much to him. It then came to my attention that he used the wrong word to, as opposed to too, just before the word stupid - ironically. It was therefore safe to come to the conclusion that his bold claim was simply sarcasm.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 waltefmoney

i feel sorry for you because you fail at reading comprehension, what i said has nothing to do with liking the game, had to do with not being able to folllow the story. now i understand why you find it hard to follow, tsk.

HailCaesarHail

I never said I find it hard to follow, I've never even completed a single MGS game. I said you indirectly insulted someone for saying MGS's story is flawed.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waltefmoney

Well you see, my suspicions were first aroused when I noticed the lack of proper punctuation in his post. It suggested to me that the post was rushed and that it therefore did not mean much to him. It then came to my attention that he used the wrong word to, as opposed to too, just before the word stupid - ironically. It was therefore safe to come to the conclusion that his bold claim was simply sarcasm.Indie_Hitman

i feel sorry for you because you fail at reading comprehension, what i said has nothing to do with liking the game, had to do with not being able to folllow the story. now i understand why you find it hard to follow, tsk.

HailCaesarHail

Guess it wasn't.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

What's funny is that Kojima never called Crysis ridiculous. He called Crysis a really fun game, but called the story cliche'. The TC of that other topic for some reason said that Kojima called Crysis ridiculous, even though he never said such a thing.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Indie_Hitman
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"][QUOTE="suitmypants"] you're swaying away from the topic nor is understanding whether the English doctorate is a pertinent to what is being discussed at hand. The phrase is a simple metaphor that is meant to be taken light heartedlysuitmypants

It does. An English professor cannot teach Calculus because it is assumed that the English professor received an English doctorate, therefore must teach English. How can you not understand that and yet you claim that you can understand Kojima's storylines?

Key word being 'assumed'. Not to mention that the English professor may have taken mathematics before attending university and hence would have a basic knowledge and understanding of calculus.
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]Well you see, my suspicions were first aroused when I noticed the lack of proper punctuation in his post. It suggested to me that the post was rushed and that it therefore did not mean much to him. It then came to my attention that he used the wrong word to, as opposed to too, just before the word stupid - ironically. It was therefore safe to come to the conclusion that his bold claim was simply sarcasm.waltefmoney

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

Guess it wasn't.

Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....
LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
^ That does not make it any better.... The plot IS B Movie material at best
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

I love the MGS storyline. It's why I went back to the games so many times.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox

Nice thread title :P, i don't know why Kojima is talking about crysis to be honest [QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]I feel sorry for people who cannot recognise level 2 sarcasm.... Unless you were being sarcastic... ****JuarN18

My sarcasm-O-meter must be broken because i couldn't find the sarcasm there

All Kojima said was he had a blast playing the game but the story was cliche. That's it.

So of course fanboys run wild with that.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 suitmypants

[QUOTE="suitmypants"][QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] I'm afraid I can't do that 'Suitmypants'. An arguement with a bad metaphor is like a dog with a lightsaber. It just doesn't make sense.Indie_Hitman

Key word being 'assumed'. Not to mention that the English professor may have taken mathematics before attending university and hence would have a basic knowledge and understanding of calculus.

Or maybe you look at things too literally or I am pretty sure you're just being difficult because you enjoy trying to get a rise out of people by acting like a troll. Either way, we're straying away from the topic at hand

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

The MGS series in general is in dire need of an editor, no, a highly skilled regiment of editors.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waltefmoney

Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....Indie_Hitman

This is almost as confusing as MGS's story.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....Indie_Hitman
If you're going to do that, at least spell 'grammar' and 'analyze' properly next time.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Whatever dude, i love MGS story.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 suitmypants

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....waltefmoney

This is almost as confusing as MGS's story.

I agree. I have no idea what Indie_Hitman is spewing about

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....Bigboi500

If you're going to do that, at least spell 'grammar' and 'analyze' properly next time.

Analyse is American - English.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 suitmypants

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] Unless that too is sarcasm. He plays a hard game this 'HailCaesarHail'.... I shall have to analyse his grammer more attentively....-Snooze-

Analyse is American - English.

but grammer isnt. Either way, we're getting out of hand and Indie_Hitman is going on a rant about sarcasm/mispellings that I am having a difficult time understanding

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]kojima is the master of storytelling, i feel sorry for people to stupid to follow MGS.HailCaesarHail

Kojima is a boring story teller, I grew bored very fast in MGS 2 on the PS2 with that Raiden guy. Hell I stopped paying attention when they started talking about the lalelulala something. I gave MGS 3 a chance cause it was Solid Snake, but again the boring preachy storing telling just distracted me. I found myself spamming the X button in order to skip cut scenes. You are wrong if you think he's a good storyteller and maybe you should also try reading a book.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Let's be honest, the story of Crysis one was mediocre. smokeydabear076

But you have to admit... that Nomad character was a lot more interesting than anyone Kojima came up with!

How so? Nomad barely had any character. You don't even know what he looks like. You can't possible tell me Nomad has more character than Solid Snake or Ocelot, or even Otacon.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

m25105

Kojima is a boring story teller, I grew bored very fast in MGS 2 on the PS2 with that Raiden guy. Hell I stopped paying attention when they started talking about the lalelulala something. I gave MGS 3 a chance cause it was Solid Snake, but again the boring preachy storing telling just distracted me. I found myself spamming the X button in order to skip cut scenes. You are wrong if you think he's a good storyteller and maybe you should also try reading a book.

MGS3 was not Solid Snake lol.

You sir, are the one mistaken.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zero_epyon

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

Chutebox

I was going to but I said nah...
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

Chutebox

See that shows much I cared. I bought the game cause I thought it was cool to sneak around in a game version of Snake Plisskin, instead I got anime characters whining and talking 15min straight.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Lovely knock on affect I'm seeing here.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]

[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

HailCaesarHail

obviously you didnt play mgs 3 , so stop lying. not solid snake but naked snake. now go away.

I did actually, if I don't remember the stupid story and confuse one snake with another than forgive me, I don't pay attention to soap operas either and they got similar story lines. I don't think I'm alone and reading this thread I can confirm that there are other people that find the story telling confusing. Me? I stopped giving a rats behind and didn't bother with MGs 4.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

The Metal Gear franchise has by far the best storylines in video gaming. Thanks to Kojimas high standards of story telling and the levels of epicness, stories like the ones found in Mass Effect are dull, bland, boring, and overall crappy. If not generic by comparison.

Also:

After the initial quote in my sig, KVO said Metal Gear Solid 4 is the pinnacle of story telling prowess within its medium.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zero_epyon
[QUOTE="HailCaesarHail"]

[QUOTE="m25105"] Kojima is a boring story teller, I grew bored very fast in MGS 2 on the PS2 with that Raiden guy. Hell I stopped paying attention when they started talking about the lalelulala something. I gave MGS 3 a chance cause it was Solid Snake, but again the boring preachy storing telling just distracted me. I found myself spamming the X button in order to skip cut scenes. You are wrong if you think he's a good storyteller and maybe you should also try reading a book.

m25105

obviously you didnt play mgs 3 , so stop lying. not solid snake but naked snake. now go away.

I did actually, if I don't remember the stupid story and confuse one snake with another than forgive me, I don't pay attention to soap operas either and they got similar story lines. I don't think I'm alone and reading this thread I can confirm that there are other people that find the story telling confusing. Me? I stopped giving a rats behind and didn't bother with MSG 4.

Then why are you in a thread that's comparing stories if you skipped through one of them?