Kitase confirms duration of FF7 Remake's first portion...

• 106 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@adsparky said:
@i_p_daily said:
@adsparky said:

Well, for those that are saying this game took 5 years to make are wrong; yes, it was announced 5 years ago, but last year there was a communicate from the developers saying that they haven't done anything, but that they're gonna start for real this time, and well, here we are now.

And you believe that, well I have a bridge to sell you, its called the Sydney Harbour bridge and it can be yours for the tidy sum of 100k, its worth millions so you interested???

Sure, I'll buy it, but I'll pay you after you personally deliver it to my house.

Nah man i'm saving you 900k, enough for you to pay for a flight to come and get it lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@i_p_daily: You said millions but he's only saving 900k? Something smells fishy

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

So, am I the only one that cares that they are butchering the game? Like no one else even bats an eyelash over the fact this game will be nothing like the original... every new piece of footage I see looks more and more like a hack n' slash... why aren't the other JRPG fans up in arms over this? Is this what you all want moving forward? This generic horse shit?

I tried to, but cows like that idiot tormentos was telling me its not hack n slash, and there's other idiot cows like calvin (whatever the **** his name is) was trying to say it wasn't episodic when I said it was.

I've been telling everyone to stick to the original, and now there is a news story on the first page that they confirm it will be on the PS5, but won't confirm whether it will be BC or a remaster of the remake lol.

Capcom showed how to do a remake properly with RE2, but Square have botched this to the max.

Hey @lundy you might want to link the news article on the main page to your OP.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

For those of us that haven't played since PS1... that's essentially the end of disc one out of the three disc game right?

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
@Telekill said:

For those of us that haven't played since PS1... that's essentially the end of disc one out of the three disc game right?

Not at all, there is still a lot left to do on the first disc. A big plot twist ends disc 1.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Telekill said:

Disk 1 ends after Aeris' death.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

If they are greatly expanding upon the midgar section. I see no particular issue with this.

I wonder if they will do more to hit home the point, that you are playing as a Terrorist organization.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Guess I get to wait for the Complete Edition on Playstation 6... Makes me sad that they are cash cowing an old game instead of making FFXVI.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@Planeforger said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Planeforger said:

So what's going to happen when people inevitably get bored and grind to level 99 in the first episode?

Will they cap the first episode so that you can only reach, say, level 20?

Take all you typed, throw it in the air and hope for an answer. I literally have no idea what type of plan they have with this... It may be that they cap. More likely your second point... Which sucks, because i've played FF7 countless times, and I got to the point where I would grind a shit load of levels in the first reactor.

Hmmm...actually, they could completely avoid this issue by making each episode a standalone game.

So...everyone could start Episode 2 at level 1 (some bonuses could appear for completing episode 1), and you could grind to level 99 all over again. The you'd start Episode 3 at level 1, and so on.

That would also allow them to call each episode a 'full' game, so they can charge $60 per episode.

That's exactly what they're doing...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@calvincfb: Source?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Calvincfb

@omegamaster said:
@Random_Matt said:

Highly immoral in my view, they are only doing this because they know the fanbase will buy it and they will milk them for as much money as possible. There are quad layer blu ray out there, SE just decided not to use it.

I fear that each episodic will be released every year or two years. Depending on the number of episodic releases (I predict 4-8), that would be very infuriating.

I'm betting 2 year gap between games and 3 games in total.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@lundy86_4: Soooo..... looks like I'll be buying the complete edition with all games in one, some time in 2030. Definitely not supporting this obvious milking.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

How many episodes do they plan on dragging it out for? Midgar was practically the prologue before FF7 got really meaty.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

How big is the part that they are talking about in the original game? Are the fans expecting this to be extended over 2 parts? 4? 6? I would like to hear your guesstimate.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fedor

@KungfuKitten: The original (Midgar) is about 5-8 hours for a first playthrough. The remake (part 1) will be 2 BR discs of content dedicated to the Midgar section. Judging by that people expect part 1 to be anywhere from 30 to 70 hours. 3 games is the expected length of the full remake.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lundy86_4

@appariti0n said:

@lundy86_4: Soooo..... looks like I'll be buying the complete edition with all games in one, some time in 2030. Definitely not supporting this obvious milking.

This ends at Midgar and not even the end of Disk 1, which would have been a solid jumping-off point. I'm waiting for at least part 2. If I can garner 30-40 hours out of the two parts, i'm willing to jump in... If we get full game price for both, that may change.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lundy86_4
@KungfuKitten said:

How big is the part that they are talking about in the original game? Are the fans expecting this to be extended over 2 parts? 4? 6? I would like to hear your guesstimate.

Less than 10 hours. Substantially less if you breeze through and don't bother levelling that much. In terms of story... It's minimal.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Calvincfb

@lundy86_4: the OG game is essentially disks 1 and 2.

Disk 3 is just the ending, post game and last dungeon.

I think they'll be able to pull this out with 3 games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lundy86_4

@calvincfb: I'm personally thinking 3 releases, and it seems to be the general murmuring amongst the internet. If that's the case, I hope they don't skimp on late/end-game bosses/quests/materia-finding.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@fedor said:

I posted it on page 1 damn do you guys just gloss over what you don't want to see or what?

E3 2019 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Span Two Discs, Square Enix Confirms

By Kevin Knezevic and jeremy winslow on June 14, 2019 at 2:38PM PDT

Square Enix's E3 2019 press conference started with an in-depth presentation of Final Fantasy VII Remake for PlayStation 4. The publisher gave an overview of the game's revamped combat system, which mixes real-time action with the familiar but altered Active Time Battle system. We also learned that the game will be *massive*, featuring two Blu-ray discs' worth of gameplay content--and that this initial release won't cover the entirety of Final Fantasy VII.

It seems the sheer amount of content is why it'll take up so much space. Square Enix had previously said the Final Fantasy VII remake would come in multiple parts or episodes. As producer Yoshinori Kitase explained during an E3 press preview, however, the first "game" is "set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience,"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-final-fantasy-7-remake-will-span-two-discs/1100-6467649/

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: I wanted a source to starting at level 1 for each game. Get a clue.

"do you guys just gloss over what you don't want to see or what?"

Take your own advice, weirdo.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Calvincfb

@fedor: They did it with kingdom hearts, final fantasy X, XIII, The after years...

Square don't usually carry over stats on the sequels, I doubt it'll be different this time, but we'll see.

It might happen, but I don't believe it will.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: I wanted a source to starting at level 1 for each game. Get a clue.

"do you guys just gloss over what you don't want to see or what?"

Take your own advice, weirdo.

It's a "fully stand alone game" genius. It says so right in the source I provided. Do you need me to break down what that means for you?

like I said, you guys must gloss over what you don't want to see, or just have reading comprehension problems.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fedor

@calvincfb: Wouldn't be a bad idea. I just hope they find a way to carry over weapon and materia setups.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: Just stop, tgob. I know more about the game than you. Go talk to someone else who cares what you have to say.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Just stop, I know more about the game than you. Go talk to someone else who cares what you have to say.

You ASKED for a source because you were ignorant to certain information about the game so I provided it to you. You're welcome.

Also, I didn't ask you to care what I said.

I provided you a source from PRODUCER Yoshinori Kitase, and he definitely knows more than you about the game than you! So now you're actually challenging the information provided by the person who's making the game, not me. Smooth!

I guess you'd rather be act like clueless fanboy spouting nonsense than actually learning the factual details about the game.

Why the hell did you ask for a source if you didn't really want to be shown? Or did you just assume @calvincfb was wrong and being shown a source that backed up his claim made you upset?

lol you fanboys are a complete joke.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: You provided nothing, tgob. You don't even start the original game level 1. Calvin also has no source and is speculating, you're posting unrelated sources of information that I already know. You've been owned, get a clue.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lundy86_4

@fedor said:

@boxrekt: Just stop, tgob. I know more about the game than you. Go talk to someone else who cares what you have to say.

I like how "tgob" was edited out lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Fedor

@lundy86_4: Lol that's great.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By lundy86_4

@fedor: Did @boxrekt's source even address the question? I don't think it did, based upon what i'm reading. This is all addressing Calvin's response to planeforger, regarding levelling, and thus gouging prices... Right? It was an @, so I can't determine the exact post that you asked for a source.

JVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#81 JVII
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts

After XIII, KH3, and XV, why do people even care about this? As if the absolutely vile cash grab formula they have come up with by dividing it into multiple, full price games isn't enough. Add to it the fact that the director is responsible for some of the worst games I have ever played.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Fedor

@lundy86_4: Nope, not at all. That's why its so hilarious. The info I asked for doesn't exist, plenty of people asked at E3 and nobody recieved a clear answer.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: You provided nothing, tgob. You don't even start the original game level 1. Calvin also has no source and is speculating, your posting unrelated sources of information I already know. You've been owned, get a clue.

I've, been owned by you closing your eyes and covering your ears?

Here's how it went down since you're a lil confused:

TIMELINE

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Hmmm...actually, ****they could completely avoid this issue by making each episode a standalone game.***

Then you requested...

@fedor said:

Then I provided...

@boxrekt said:

As ***producer Yoshinori Kitase*** explained during an E3 press preview, however, the first "game" is "set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience,"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-final-fantasy-7-remake-will-span-two-discs/1100-6467649/

Now you're acting like a ungrateful brat.

There isn't anything you can do to change the course of these events or damage control your way out of this FACTUAL and unchangeable time line.

Your request was answered and now you're acting like your panties are twisted up your ass.

It doesn't matter if you like it or agree with it, this is from the producer so your childish ass is just going to have to deal with it. Once again, You're welcome!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Calvincfb

@JVII: because we like square enix franchises?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BoxRekt

@lundy86_4: My last post above since you also suffer from severe reading comprehension issues. Birds of a feather I guess.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt: Apparently, you do as well. I strictly stated when addressing fedor, that I assumed he was addressing the post Calvin made to planeforger, to which your link didn't really clarify anything... Namely:

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Hmmm...actually, they could completely avoid this issue by making each episode a standalone game.

So...everyone could start Episode 2 at level 1 (some bonuses could appear for completing episode 1), and you could grind to level 99 all over again. The you'd start Episode 3 at level 1, and so on.

That would also allow them to call each episode a 'full' game, so they can charge $60 per episode.

Again, it can be hard to follow with these @ posts, as it's hard to tell exactly which post is being addressed.

tgob. tgob. tgob.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: You're already proven to be clueless, tgob. Give it up.

Edit: Everyone already knows each game is standalone... I asked for a source to starting each game level 1. You know this, thats why you cut that part out of your reply. Get a clue and stop embarrassing yourself.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BoxRekt
@lundy86_4 said:

@boxrekt: Apparently, you do as well. I strictly stated when addressing fedor, that I assumed he was addressing the post Calvin made to planeforger, to which your link didn't really clarify anything... Namely:

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Again, it can be hard to follow with these @ posts, as it's hard to tell exactly which post is being addressed.

tgob. tgob. tgob.

What a childish reply.

You seemed to want to address me in a derogatory manner and question if I even answered what was being asked thru Fedor in your own childish way. Don't tell me about you're strictly addressing Fedor when you were directly speaking about me and questioning the information I posted.

You obviously needed clarification and so I provided it to you.

TIMELINE

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Hmmm...actually, ****they could completely avoid this issue by making each episode a standalone game.***

Then fedor requested...

@fedor said:

Then I provided...

@boxrekt said:

As ***producer Yoshinori Kitase*** explained... the first "game" is "set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience,"

"presents a fully standalone game experience."

What exactly are you confused about?

I don't know how much more clearly you need something illustrated for you asking, "Did @boxrekt's source even address the question?

Then somehow you self concluded this.

"I don't think it did, based upon what i'm reading."

And based on what you concluded, your reading comprehension maybe broken.

You guys seem to share the same problem, I provided the answer and then broke it down to help you understand but there's nothing I can do to fix a more glaring problem you guys seem to share. Birds of a feather really do flock together.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lundy86_4

@boxrekt said:

What a childish reply.

You seemed to want to address me in a derogatory manner and question if I even answered what was being asked thru Fedor in your own childish way. Don't tell me about you strictly addressing Fedor when you were directly speaking about me and my information in your posts.

You obviously needed clarification and so I provided it to you.

TIMELINE

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Then you requested...

@fedor said:

Then I provided...

*snipped*

Call me childish all you like, but you seem to be confusing me with @fedor. You said "Then you requested..." and posted fedor. If you can't get your own argument straight, i'm not sure why we should continue.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Fedor

@boxrekt: This can be ended quickly, tgob. Simply present a source stating you will start each entry level 1 and we can end this.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: You're already proven to be clueless, tgob. Give it up.

Edit: Everyone already knows each game is standalone... I asked for a source to starting each game level 1. You know this, thats why you cut that part out of your reply. Get a clue and stop embarrassing yourself.

No, you literally didn't!

TIMELINE

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

Then you simply said...

@fedor said:

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fedor

@boxrekt: It's really easy, buddy. Just post a source stating you start at level 1 each game. Easy as that. Instead of acting like a spaz you could have ended this posts ago.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lundy86_4

@boxrekt

@calvincfb said:
@Planeforger said:

You omitted the bolded, italicized, and underscored part of Planeforger's post. Nice try. Calvin didn't clarify... Unless you're Calvin as well as multiple other alts lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Ahhh nice to see Tgob blowing up again; what a loser...lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By lundy86_4

@dagubot said:

Ahhh nice to see Tgob blowing up again; what a loser...lol.

He seems to be confused about who he's debating with, along with what to post to refute who he thinks he's debating. It's a little confusing.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BoxRekt
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: It's really easy, buddy. Just post a source stating you start at level 1 each game. Easy as that.

That's not what you originally asked a source for but I'll provide something that may come closer to answering your question.

Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Dizzying Scale Clarified By Yoshinori Kitase

First, Kitase offers a few pearls regarding the still unclear scale of the project. At Square Enix’s E3 press conference Kitase claimed that Final Fantasy VII Remake would contain about two Blu-Ray discs’ worth of material. In his new blog post, he clarifies slightly: The first part alone will contain that much data. “Each game in the project will have a volume of content comparable to a standalone Final Fantasy. The disc version of the first game is actually a two Blu-Ray disc set.” Note that use of language, too — not “the first part,” but “the first game.”Final Fantasy VII Remake has sometimes been colloquially described as episodic, but the team behind it clearly perceive it as more like a series of complete titles, a la the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remakes-dizzying-scale-clarified-by-yoshinori-kitase/

I don't know how much more clear you want to get than this. They gave an example as FFXIII trilogy. That's the best you're going to get unless you ask your specific question directly to the producer.

A game creator is NOT going to make a statement suggesting a game is a standalone game if it's actually "connected" in some type of way to confuse people like you're speculation.

If you still want to insist you're confused as to how they're developing these games you'll need to contact Yoshinori Kitase yourself, but he might think something is wrong with you asking redundant question that's clearly been answered and clarified in these interviews.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Fedor

@boxrekt: It is what I originally asked. You were mistaken, now I clarified it for you. If You dont have an answer I believe we're done here.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Calvincfb

@lundy86_4: uhh, I was referring to that part.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lundy86_4

@calvincfb said:

@lundy86_4: uhh, I was referring to that part.

I know. You were quoted in the cross-path... Although, thanks for saying that, as @boxrekt omitted it entirely to try and salvage an argument.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lundy86_4

@boxrekt BTW, it shows you edited...