Kazunori Wanted Another 2 Years for GT5 Development

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#101 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

And I'm sure that figure doesn't include the shipping and manufacturing costs, or the advertising. Blaze-Agent

well your guess is just as good as mine as to what those numbers mean. However, the dev costs for the game was already more than likely recouped by the release of Gt5 prologue.

Oh, definitely, and especially so after GT5 released considering how much of a sales success that was.

Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

[QUOTE="Blaze-Agent"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Could've fooled me. Aside from the slightly better driving physics and (arguably) better graphics, Forza had GT5 beat in just about every way.

The_Game21x

well except what matters to most publishers...SALES SALES SALES> however most gamers find simulation racing tedious. Hence the reason NFS HP outsold forza 3..(Forza 3 was heavily bundled in most places, NFS was not)

Sorry bro, but I don't play sales. Forza 3 was the better game of the two in my eyes (as well as in the eyes of most critics) and, as a gamer and not a shareholder in either Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital, that's what I care about. :)

Besides, Forza 3 sold somewhere around 4 million. I'm sure Turn 10 is happy with that.

well not to take away from the sales but its really easy to say something sold so great when it was bundled for most of its release in EU and US till date. A luxury that Gt5 is yet to enjoy. Still great sales though. But anything thats bundled for such a long period of time will sell.

Does not stop the genre from being completely tedious however.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
wiki? i need a trusted source. should have made that more clear Blaze-Agent
theres a reference, you can check the page yourself. if you're still not happy feel free to find a more reliable source that says as of release it was not $80M
Blaze-Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Blaze-Agent
Member since 2010 • 1951 Posts

[QUOTE="Blaze-Agent"]wiki? i need a trusted source. should have made that more clear Richymisiak
theres a reference, you can check the page yourself. if you're still not happy feel free to find a more reliable source that says as of release it was not $80M

either way it does not matter how much itcost. The glorified demo already paid for that, not to talk of all the advertising they do for car companies and such (by being a featured vehicle in the game itself). The game has paid for itself over and over several times already.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="Richymisiak"][QUOTE="Blaze-Agent"]wiki? i need a trusted source. should have made that more clear Blaze-Agent

either way it does not matter how much itcost. The glorified demo already paid for that, not to talk of all the advertising they do for car companies and such (by being a featured vehicle in the game itself). The game has paid for itself over and over several times already.

well you were questioning the validty of the $80M, so it obviosuly does matter to you, don't try to turn this into something else.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Love both GT5 and Forza 3 *internet explodes* :P
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
When will people on this board realize you can't compare these two games? Turn 10 is leaps and bounds ahead of GT5 in every category except 1 (track surfaces) and if the Nurnburgring GP DLC track was any indication of what we are to expect for FM4 they may have fixed this too. GT isn't even in the same class anymore (and that pisses me off a little, GT used to be my favorite series ever).
Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

Perfectionist and procrastinator. By than, a possibly forza 5 on the Next Generation xbox might of been revealed.

edit ~ sorry for the triple post, gamespot was messing up.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I don't think it really excuses anything. He had plenty of time.

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

We honestly I doubt he could have made it more fun in that 2 extra years. I had fun when I got it around Christmas, but going back to it today the game seems like a complete bore fest. And the fact that I got G27 along with it makes me feel bad for my parents who bought it for me.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"] "Only" 200 cars. Does that sound like "only" to you? Thats a lot.gaming25

Compared to the 1000 cars it has, yes it's "only". Forza 3 has 400.

What if it had 10,000 cars and 500 premium cars? You dont have to play with the standard cars, whether it is 10, or 10,000.

It doesnt have 10k cars though..