Just Cause 2 - What system? PS3 or 360?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

Ive been looking but I cannot find any threads on this ANYWHERE.

I was looking at screen shot comparisons and the PS3 looks slightly less detailed.

How is the frame rate for both consoles? does it dip at all?

I would get it for 360 specifically for achievements but my PS3 hasnt been seeing any attention lately.

I would consider PC if the wired 360 pad works with it smoothly, but I prefer consoles.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

im sure there is a demo for both. sure that would give you the best idea which is best

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

PC.... yeah the 360/PC gamepad works with it.... thats what I'm using, I love it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I dunno about all your other questions but PS3 does have a slight edge if uploading your game-play videos to youtube is something youwant to be able to do in-game.:P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

PC or PS3.

Console versions scored the same, PS3 also has the slight edge as SP said with the youtube uploader.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

PC or PS3.

Console versions scored the same, PS3 also has the slight edge as SP said with the youtube uploader.

Yea I didnt know about this until I had bought it. Wtf is that exclusive nugget all about? So sick of those things. Anyway, the game is fun as hell on 360, so Im sure its the same on the other platforms.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

360 has better graphics and fps than ps3.

http://www.pcgames.de/Just-Cause-2-PC-212762/Bilder/Just-Cause-2-PC-gegen-Xbox-360-und-Playstation-3-Der-grosse-Grafikvergleich-706165/galerie/1256539/?fullsize

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

PC or PS3.

Yea I didnt know about this until I had bought it. Wtf is that exclusive nugget all about? So sick of those things. Anyway, the game is fun as hell on 360, so Im sure its the same on the other platforms.

Maybe the PS3 was just a weird test. I dunno. It was sort of surprising not to see it on teh PC
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Animal-Mother

http://www.pcgames.de/Just-Cause-2-PC-212762/Bilder/Just-Cause-2-PC-gegen-Xbox-360-und-Playstation-3-Der-grosse-Grafikvergleich-706165/galerie/1256539/?fullsize

MK-Professor
That's some proof on the framerate there.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
PC by a mile if you have a PC that does DX10, and especially DX11... it looks sweeeeeeeeeet. As far as console versions, according to Lens of Truth, 360 has slightly better graphics but PS3 has better performance. 360 has motion blur, PS3 doesn't. PS3 is V-Synced so it doesn't have screen tear, while the 360 version has screen tear. Otherwise they are both the same. Personally I hate screen tear with a passion so the PS3 version is an easy choice, however if you can deal with screen tear it apparently looks a tad better. Youtube functionality is kind of cool but hardly a selling point. It's a novelty at best.
TaigaTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TaigaTiger
Member since 2009 • 660 Posts

MK-Professor
i see no difference let me take my fanboy goggles off....nope still no difference
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hahadouken

MK-Professor

Lens of Truth: PS3 version is V-Synced, 360 version is not.

Otherwise they are very close, to the point that you won't notice anything. Personally I can't stand screen tear, it's neck-and-neck with choppy framerate for my biggest pet peeve in gaming. I'm playing on PS3 and the framerate is just fine.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

Xbox version has motion blur and probably better AA (MSAAx2 on all objects), but AA on PS3 version looks great (QAAx2 = MSAAx4 on most objects). PS3 version has slihty better shadows, uses Alpha test opposite to A2C in Xbox version on grass, tress and all alpha effects. PS3 version has vsync and slight better framerate in gameplay, Xbox version has much better framerate in cutscenes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-justcause2-demo-analysis

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=18763

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

TaigaTiger

i see no difference let me take my fanboy goggles off....nope still no difference

Going by that pic it does look a bit better especially on textures.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sayonara89

[QUOTE="TaigaTiger"][QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

PAL360

They are the same ;) Read LoT and DF comparisons :)
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

rartatatat

Lens of Truth: PS3 version is V-Synced, 360 version is not.

Otherwise they are very close, to the point that you won't notice anything. Personally I can't stand screen tear, it's neck-and-neck with choppy framerate for my biggest pet peeve in gaming. I'm playing on PS3 and the framerate is just fine.

You suck balls.

If you're going to make an alt account and get banned at least do something shocking with it. I know who you are, btw.
rartatatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rartatatat
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Who am I?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

On a side note about this game, I dont think it has receieved enough attention about its technical prowess. This game is gorgeous, and it is ridiculously huge. Not only that, but theres no loading once your in game. Its quite astounding. I mean its no Crysis, but it surprised the hell out of me.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hahadouken
Who am I? rartatatat
I'm afraid the ban hammer will get you before I can reveal this...
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sayonara89

On a side note about this game, I dont think it has receieved enough attention about its technical prowess. This game is gorgeous, and it is ridiculously huge. Not only that, but theres no loading once your in game. Its quite astounding. I mean its no Crysis, but it surprised the hell out of me.

h575309
Yea, it's the best looking OW game on consoles, RDR has the chanse to beat it :)
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hahadouken

h575309
Yeah the scale is truly incredible. I am sure it has the highest buildings in any game to date. It looks rough on consoles up close, but from a distance its totally awesome. Great lighting, great use of shading, scale, draw distance, everything is great except the fine detail. Up close you see some truly awful textures. Overall I am totally impressed, even the rough parts don't look bad enough to turn me off. I am having a BLAST with this game, might be the best sandbox game I have played all gen, in terms of JUST the sandbox experience, and not the story etc. I am loving it.
rartatatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rartatatat
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="rartatatat"]Who am I? Hahadouken

Bluffing.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts
Who am I? rartatatat
not sure who you are but i know what you are.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="TaigaTiger"] i see no difference let me take my fanboy goggles off....nope still no differencesayonara89

They are the same ;) Read LoT and DF comparisons :)

I believe they are. Thats why i said "going by that pic"

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="rartatatat"]Who am I? rartatatat

Bluffing.

Not at all duder/"mate".
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Get it for both. You can't go wrong that way.
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

This should help you make your decision: http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=18763

PS3:

+ Little screen tear

+ Good framerate ingame

+ Ability to upload game footage directly to youtube

+ Loading is slightly faster that the 360 version

- lower framerate in cutscenes

- 1GB+ hdd install

360:

+ Good framerate ingame

+ Good framerate in cutscenes

- More screen tear in cutscenes than the PS3 version

- Loading is slightly slower that the PS3 version

Personally, i would go with the 360 version for the slightly better average framerate :D

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hahadouken

PS3:

+ Little screen tear

+ Good framerate ingame

- 1GB+ hdd install

360:

+ Good framerate ingame

Personally, i would go with the 360 version for the slightly better average framerate :D

anotherone10

Direct quote from that Lens of Truth article: "It is worth noting that both games run at around 30fps in-game with minor tearing on the Xbox 360 and zero tearing on the PlayStation 3."

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sayonara89

PS3:

+ Little screen tear

+ Good framerate ingame

- 1GB+ hdd install

360:

+ Good framerate ingame

anotherone10

This framerate in the cutscenes is probably just capturing device failure, compare first cutscene in LoT video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IVDCJP93Jo&feature=player_embedded to this from PS360 (Beyond3d user) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk1JVNtwM_c

Edited

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

PC > PS3 > 360.

360 is the base.

PS3 continually captures the last 30 seconds of gameplay, allowing you to save it and upload to Youtube. You can also record 10 minute segments and do the same. It also doesn't drop V-sync, and the average framerate is only 1 frame below the 360 version. So less tearing, which happens a bit in the 360 version which I accidentally got.

PC can record gameplay through third party software like FRAPS, also has options for more detailed visuals, and most importantly you can install mods/trainers. For this game that is greatly beneficial. It's all about messing around and the PC version gives you much more freedom to do so. It follows the Games for Windows ruleset or whatchamacallit, so the 360 controller should work flawlessly.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

PS3 version is good, as long as you can live with quincunx AA (practically the only issue I have). Pretty smooth most of the time. And yeah, the game is gorgeous even on consoles - everything has shadows, the landscape, sky and atmosphere effects are good. The physics are great, even if unrealistic (to say the least :)

Here's a vid I made with the PS3 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XAFbcJY6n0&hd=1

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

as far as i know both version are the same except PS3 can upload youtube videos i think

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#34 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

If you have both systems, then I say get it on PS3 for the added bonus of a vid cap feature. Otherwise, you will get the same experience on either system. I know I am am loving the hell out of it on PS3.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

h575309

Agreed. I wish the game was set permanantly in the daytime, because it looks so damn pretty when everything is drenched in sunshine.

I've played it for roughly 20 hours so far (only had it a few days) and I've spent the majority of that time just messing around. In fact I think I'm only at 11% completion. It's too much fun just to dick around in the game world.

The video capture/YouTube feature in the PS3 version is a great addition, although I've only used it once so far. I'll definitely be putting it to some good use, though.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ironcreed

[QUOTE="h575309"]

BZSIN

Agreed. I wish the game was set permanantly in the daytime, because it looks so damn pretty when everything is drenched in sunshine.

I've played it for roughly 20 hours so far (only had it a few days) and I've spent the majority of that time just messing around. In fact I think I'm only at 11% completion. It's too much fun just to dick around in the game world.

The video capture/YouTube feature in the PS3 version is a great addition, although I've only used it once so far. I'll definitely be putting it to some good use, though.

I don't know, man. I love seeing the sunsets and sunrises. Also, thunderstorms at night while you are sailing way up high with your parachute are simply breathtaking. The lightning and cloud effects are just killer.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hahadouken

If you have both systems, then I say get it on PS3 for the added bonus of a vid cap feature. Otherwise, you will get the same experience on either system. I know I am am loving the hell out of it on PS3.

ironcreed
Me too man! Thanks again for being the push that got me to buy the game. I am totally loving it. I was worried the missions would be as bad as the dialogue, but no, they are alright. Pretty formulaic "open world" game in terms of mission structure, but who cares, I am having a blast. The voice acting is so comedically bad (the leader of the Reapers I think, Belo Santosi? :lol: "ScoPEEoh, you bring down dah buil-DING lah?" I cringe every time) that I am pretty sure it is done that way on purpose. The generic guy you have to protect on all the Base Takeover missions is also pretty bad "Protect me while I HEH (hack) into the systems Scoh-pio!" There is no way they could have found voice actors that bad, I am pretty sure they are doing it intentionally because it's at the point of parody. I can barely listen to Belo. Game is super, super fun though, its at least as good as Red Faction Guerrilla, minus the MP component. We'll see how it plays out when I finish it but I expect to rate it an 8.5 unless it somehow takes a nose dive. Great game, well, well worth the money. :D
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I don't know, man. I love seeing the sunsets and sunrises. Also, thunderstorms at night while you are sailing way up high with your parachute are simply breathtaking. The lightning and cloud effects are just killer.ironcreed

Oh, definitely, although I've yet to parachute from a great height during a thunderstorm, which is something I'm definitely going to do now.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hahadouken
Oh hey, have you guys actually found the limit for how high you can go in an airplane or chopper? I actually got tired of holding R2 in a chopper and I was still rising, rising, rising, well past the clouds. I did the same with the airplane from the satellite mission today and the result was the same. I didn't seem to reach that artificial ceiling that I reached in San Andreas. My freefall must have lasted well over a minute, it was intense. This game world is HUGE.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ironcreed

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

Hahadouken

Me too man! Thanks again for being the push that got me to buy the game. I am totally loving it. I was worried the missions would be as bad as the dialogue, but no, they are alright. Pretty formulaic "open world" game in terms of mission structure, but who cares, I am having a blast. The voice acting is so comedically bad (the leader of the Reapers I think, Belo Santosi? :lol: "ScoPEEoh, you bring down dah buil-DING lah?" I cringe every time) that I am pretty sure it is done that way on purpose. The generic guy you have to protect on all the Base Takeover missions is also pretty bad "Protect me while I HEH (hack) into the systems Scoh-pio!" There is no way they could have found voice actors that bad, I am pretty sure they are doing it intentionally because it's at the point of parody. I can barely listen to Belo. Game is super, super fun though, its at least as good as Red Faction Guerrilla, minus the MP component. We'll see how it plays out when I finish it but I expect to rate it an 8.5 unless it somehow takes a nose dive. Great game, well, well worth the money. :D

Good deal, I am glad you are enjoying it. As much as I love my 'serious' games, this is just about what the doctor ordered for me at this point in time. The freedom to just explore and experiment in so many different ways is just a relaxing, but adrenaline fueled good time. When you get tired of screwing around, you can take on a mission and enjoy the hilarious on purpose voice acting to boot. The Panau news breaks on your PDA are particularly funny as well. Truly a sandbox game in a class of it's own.

mariobros1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mariobros1981
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts
PS3. Teh cell>360
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hahadouken
What's with the rash of alt accounts lately? It's like they've all come out to pay homage to their fallen troll leader, "Teh Duder".
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ironcreed

Oh hey, have you guys actually found the limit for how high you can go in an airplane or chopper? I actually got tired of holding R2 in a chopper and I was still rising, rising, rising, well past the clouds. I did the same with the airplane from the satellite mission today and the result was the same. I didn't seem to reach that artificial ceiling that I reached in San Andreas. My freefall must have lasted well over a minute, it was intense. This game world is HUGE.Hahadouken

Yeah, the fact that you can reach such an insane altitude is simply baffling considering the size of the world alone. Almost like a flight/skydiving sim as an added bonus. My highest base jump so far is a little over 3,000m or so. Of course, I did use the hot air balloon trick, lol.:P Some players have got over 6,000m. Just crazy.

pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts
If you've got both consoles then get it for the PS3 because of the youtube thing. Graphically they're identical.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

All I know is that I have the PS3 version and it's stellar!

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Direct quote from that Lens of Truth article: "It is worth noting that both games run at around 30fps in-game with minor tearing on the Xbox 360 and zero tearing on the PlayStation 3."

Hahadouken

the global torn frames were only about 3.8% on the 360. not really a big deal.

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonic0491

At Playasia its only $55 with $4 postage for 360 (available) and PS3 (PS3 is out of stock, would need to back order). I dont think I would youtube a video but its an interesting feature. Cant you do it on 360? Would the asian region clash with youtube uploading? Im very excited for this game after what you guys have been saying. 6000 ft base jumping during a thunder storm :D

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sonic0491

At Playasia its only $55 with $4 postage for 360 (available) and PS3 (PS3 is out of stock, would need to back order). I dont think I would youtube a video but its an interesting feature. Cant you do it on 360? Would the asian region clash with youtube uploading? Im very excited for this game after what you guys have been saying. 6000 ft base jumping during a thunder storm :D

sonic0491
BTW Im from Australia so it retails at about $100, so Playasia price is perfect for me.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

The 360 has aroudn 3% of screen tearing, you won't even notice it 97% of the time. Besides that both versions are close... PS3 has uploads, however 360 has motion blur, so the choice is simple, either you want to upload your stunts or you want a better looking special effect during motion, and this game has LOTS of motion.

ropumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ropumar
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

PC>360>Ps3

The game is not worth tho, it gets boring really fast.

Only worth as a RENTAL