Just Cause 2 - What system? PS3 or 360?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I have the PS3 version and I love it.

Btw how long is it suppose to take for video uploads? Mine take forever when I try to upload a vid to youtube. =/

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

At Playasia its only $55 with $4 postage for 360 (available) and PS3 (PS3 is out of stock, would need to back order). I dont think I would youtube a video but its an interesting feature. Cant you do it on 360? Would the asian region clash with youtube uploading? Im very excited for this game after what you guys have been saying. 6000 ft base jumping during a thunder storm :D

sonic0491

If your PC is decent enough this (or this) is "the one to have if you have the choice". The Games for Windows branding guarantees that it'll work flawlessly with a 360 controller.

The 360 version does not feature video capturing. The PC version does through third party software which allow for higher quality video than PS3. Andmods. And better graphics/higher framerate. And for less money. The only thing missing would be achievements.

PC>360>Ps3

The game is not worth tho, it gets boring really fast.

Only worth as a RENTAL

ropumar

I've heard differently from tons of people, including myself. I've already spent 26 hours on it and it is yet to grow old. I haven't even visited all the parts of the world yet, there's a lot of stuff I'm yet to see. Humongously vast world with a ton of stuff to do. The scope of the game is really impressive. When you get high enough you can see the entire damn world. The vistas of this game are just unseen of, I don't know how they do it. Ánd the grappling hook is the most ingenious gameplay mechanic since the portal and gravity gun. Avalanche's version of it deserves some sort of reward. It's a mighty fine sandbox game, one of the finest I would say. > Saints Row 2 and Red Faction.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
360 for me. I would have purchased it for PS3 since that's where I got the demo that I enjoyed, but its fate was sealed when I tried to listen to a podcast while playing it and it kicked me out of the game because this was a game that didn't support that feature on the PS3. I primarily play games like this while listening to podcasts.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

I tried both demo's the 360 version is better, PS3 looks duller in color and more washed out and less detail

360 is crisp and there's no screen tearing

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

[QUOTE="anotherone10"]

This should help you make your decision: http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=18763

PS3:

+ Little screen tear

+ Good framerate ingame

+ Ability to upload game footage directly to youtube

+ Loading is slightly faster that the 360 version

- lower framerate in cutscenes

- 1GB+ hdd install

360:

+ Good framerate ingame

+ Good framerate in cutscenes

- More screen tear in cutscenes than the PS3 version

- Loading is slightly slower that the PS3 version

Personally, i would go with the 360 version for the slightly better average framerate :D

Hahadouken

Direct quote from that Lens of Truth article: "It is worth noting that both games run at around 30fps in-game with minor tearing on the Xbox 360 and zero tearing on the PlayStation 3."

It is funny... I have played about 30 hours in Just Cause 2 on the 360 and haven't seen a tear once... Even in the example where they say there was a 36% tear... There should have been a very noticeable very jagged line at 36% of the way down the current image (from the top) where a new frame was displayed before the old frame was finished... Yet there was no line, and not even the slightest hint of a screen tear in that image...