Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@endofaugust: Lol I love Xbox as much as the next lem, but I think this is legit. I think the X1 sales this month were abysmal. Not that I care. X1X is coming soon. Now if that doesn't sell well, I'll care.

it wont

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

Again none of this is confirmed, there are no numbers, there's not even software listed for Xbox. Typical conjecture based garbage.

Also it's quite funny how cows have so easily forgotten what happened with the PlayStation 4 leading up to the Pro's release last year. Xbox One outsold the PlayStation 4 for four months running in NPD, sales fell off a cliff as people stopped buying in expectation of the Pro's release.

What is releasing in a little over 2 1/2 months? It's a two way street double thinkers.

just keep grasping at those straws

Grasping at straws? You might want to understand the application of that phrase before just throwing it out there when it doesn't apply, actually in this instance it's irony.

This is a leak first off, no one knows how complete the data is or if it's accurate. There's no Xbox numbers for either hardware or software, there's nothing that claims anything to be a top three figure except for cow hopefuls. There's no explanation as to why Xbox is absent from the leaker and also for the second time the most damning thing is the lack of software for Xbox being listed anywhere, it would no doubt be in the high hundreds of thousands to millions.

Furthermore my assertion about the Pro and X are based upon empirical evidence and common sense, it's pretty common knowledge that sales of any consumer product will fall off on the eve of a successor being released. That's rudimentary consumer economics.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#103  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@endofaugust said:

Again none of this is confirmed, there are no numbers, there's not even software listed for Xbox. Typical conjecture based garbage.

Also it's quite funny how cows have so easily forgotten what happened with the PlayStation 4 leading up to the Pro's release last year. Xbox One outsold the PlayStation 4 for four months running in NPD, sales fell off a cliff as people stopped buying in expectation of the Pro's release.

What is releasing in a little over 2 1/2 months? It's a two way street double thinkers.

PS4 fell of a cliff in that 4 months last year when Xbone outsold it? LOL! No. Xbone in those 4 months July - October has outsold PS4 by 260k. Did you know PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage in January and February 2017 in NPD ( around 270k )? Did you know that PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage gained in 4 months in NPD in just month or two in Japan?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@drlostrib: Ok.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DrLostRib

@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

Grasping at straws? You might want to understand the application of that phrase before just throwing it out there when it doesn't apply, actually in this instance it's irony.

This is a leak first off, no one knows how complete the data is or if it's accurate. There's no Xbox numbers for either hardware or software, there's nothing that claims anything to be a top three figure except for cow hopefuls. There's no explanation as to why Xbox is absent from the leaker and also for the second time the most damning thing is the lack of software for Xbox being listed anywhere, it would no doubt be in the high hundreds of thousands to millions.

Furthermore my assertion about the Pro and X are based upon empirical evidence and common sense, it's pretty common knowledge that sales of any consumer product will fall off on the eve of a successor being released.

your continuous need to grasp for some excuse or imaginary positive aspect to continue to defend MS and the xbox. You treat any of your speculation or opinions as god given facts, but anything that doesn't fit your view is somehow unfounded or worthless

Though it's not like you'll be here in 2 1/2 months anyways

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EndofAugust

@mowgly1 said:
@endofaugust said:

PS4 fell of a cliff in that 4 months last year when Xbone outsold it? LOL! No. Xbone in those 4 months July - October has outsold PS4 by 260k. Did you know PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage in January and February 2017 in NPD ( around 270k )? Did you know that PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage in NPD in just month or two in Japan?

You just confirmed exactly what I said, way to go.

In expectation of the Pro releasing sales fell and Xbox sales climbed. The PlayStation 4 was handily beating the Xbox One in sales by 30% or more regularly, in those four months the Xbox was beating the PlayStation 4 by 20%-30% which is a 50%-60% sales delta.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By mowgly1

@endofaugust said:
@mowgly1 said:
@endofaugust said:

PS4 fell of a cliff in that 4 months last year when Xbone outsold it? LOL! No. Xbone in those 4 months July - October has outsold PS4 by 260k. Did you know PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage in January and February 2017 in NPD ( around 270k )? Did you know that PS4 wiped out that Xbone advantage in NPD in just month or two in Japan?

You just confirmed exactly what I said, way to go.

In expectation of the Pro releasing sales fell and Xbox sales climbed. The PlayStation 4 was handily beating the Xbox One in sales by 30% or more regularly, in those four months the Xbox was beating the PlayStation 4 by 20%-30% which is a 50%-60% sales delta.

I didn't confirmed anything what you said. X1X has been coming since June 2016. Didn't stop Xbox One S from beating PS4 in a few NPDs. Xbone disaster is the result of a much larger issue.

Keep grasping at those straws

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By EndofAugust

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

Furthermore my assertion about the Pro and X are based upon empirical evidence and common sense, it's pretty common knowledge that sales of any consumer product will fall off on the eve of a successor being released.

your continuous need to grasp for some excuse or imaginary positive aspect to continue to defend MS and the xbox. You treat any of your speculation or opinions as god given facts, but anything that doesn't fit your view is somehow unfounded or worthless

The entire premise and the context of this thread is based upon unconfirmed information with absolutely no citation or source, no hardware numbers, no software numbers, no identification of ranking, nothing. This is VGChartz levels of posting here, and the loons around here are soaking it all up without question.

Yeah, but I'm the one grasping at straws here. Any logical person should defend something regardless of what it is from information based upon conjecture.

What I've said is not speculation, it's economical fact. When a new product is releasing in the same line of product the sales on the existing will decline in anticipation of its successor, this applies to every sales metric on earth.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DrLostRib

@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

The entire premise and the context of this thread is based upon unconfirmed information with absolutely no citation or source, no hardware numbers, no software numbers, no identification of ranking, nothing.

Yeah, but I'm the one grasping at straws here. Any logical person should defend something regardless of what it is from information based upon conjecture.

What I've said is not speculation, it's economical fact.

yeah except whenever you pull your "objectivity" and "logical person" shit it's only for crap that fits your point of view, even when people how you are or could be wrong. Most of the time you're not being logical or objective, you're just throwing around your own speculations and calling them facts

We've all seen you're shtick. Everyone's just here to watch your eventual meltdown and banning

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

This is so sad. But wait until X1X...

Dude , the lemmings been waiting since the launch of the xb1. From the start all we ever heard from the lemming is " Just wait for the powah the clouds to kick in" and that FAILED. Then it became "Just wait until Xb1S comes out" and that FAILED. Fast Foward to 2017 its alll about "Just wait until X1x" and once that flops, what will the lemming say next, " just wait until XB2 to come out?"

but i'm so glad that my favorite two consoles that I own are doing so well.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 EndofAugust

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:

The entire premise and the context of this thread is based upon unconfirmed information with absolutely no citation or source, no hardware numbers, no software numbers, no identification of ranking, nothing.

yeah except whenever you pull your "objectivity" and "logical person" shit it's only for crap that fits your point of view, even when people how you are or could be wrong. Most of the time you're not being logical or objective, you're just throwing around your own speculations and calling them facts

We've all seen you're shtick. Everyone's just here to watch your eventual meltdown and banning

Speaking of shtick's, the old "let's go after the person instead of what is actually being said" shtick is the oldest in the book and one of the weakest replies a person can muster.

This isn't a response to my post, this is you having nothing in contention to offer. This thread is uncited and unsourced conjecture is it not?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DrLostRib

@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

Speaking of shtick's, the old "let's go after the person instead of what is actually being said" shtick is the oldest in the book and one of the weakest replies a person can muster.

This isn't a response to my post, this is you having nothing in contention to offer. This thread is uncited and unsourced conjecture is it not?

Fairly certain I made it clear what I was going after when I posted

If you've managed to confuse yourself, then feel free to scroll up and read it again

Otherwise keep on grasping, maybe you'll actually get a handle on some real facts

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 EndofAugust

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:

If you've managed to confuse yourself, then feel free to scroll up and read it again

Otherwise keep on grasping, maybe you'll actually get a handle on some real facts

Go play devil's advocate somewhere else, you're wasting bandwidth.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DrLostRib

@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

For someone who was just complaining about the use of certain phrases, you did a piss poor job with that one

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mowgly1

@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:

When a new product is releasing in the same line of product the sales on the existing will decline in anticipation of its successor, this applies to every sales metric on earth.

As i said : X1X has been coming since June 2016. Didn't stop Xbox One S from beating PS4 in a few NPDs last year ( btw. PRO was announced last OCTOBER, not in July where Xbone outsold PS4 ). Xbones disaster is the result of a much larger issue.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By EndofAugust

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

For someone who was just complaining about the use of certain phrases, you did a piss poor job with that one

You're not actually engaging in the discussion to learn something or find a higher meaning to what's going on. You're not testing the validity of anything and you're instigating and antagonizing, you're just trying to further an argument.

You're playing a satirical variety of devil's advocate.

@mowgly1 said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

When a new product is releasing in the same line of product the sales on the existing will decline in anticipation of its successor, this applies to every sales metric on earth.

As i said : X1X has been coming since June 2016. Didn't stop Xbox One S from beating PS4 in a few NPDs last year ( btw. PRO was announced last OCTOBER, not in July where Xbone outsold PS4 ). Xbones disaster is the result of a much larger issue.

Something being announced =/= the eve of its release, the Xbox One X hasn't "been coming", it's been in development, it's at the point now where it is coming.

The Pro was known about for like 9 months before it came out, so quick to forget Neo eh? It was known that it would release in the fall of 2016 even before E3 and was officially announced for release at the PlayStation Meeting in the beginning of September.

Get your facts straights.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

XB1 < 50 in japan

XB1 < 100k worldwide

I mean shit people sell more washers and dryers and stuff 100k is complete shit for a gaming system

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 EndofAugust

@ProtossRushX said:

XB1 < 50 in japan

XB1 < 100k worldwide

I mean shit people sell more washers and dryers and stuff 100k is complete shit for a gaming system

Thinks NPD equals the world, lol this forum...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:
@drlostrib said:
@endofaugust said:

Not sure if you're referring to his "alt" status or not, but it does bring up an interesting question, and why are you allowed to use an alt without fear of getting banned.

No I don't pay much attention to many users here so forgive me if I haven't heard the reason before, or are you not lostrib and just a "fan" who's created a "fan" account?

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#121 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

It's always fun to come back and see certain predictions crumble. Too much fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: ? You're still salty as hell lmao. Dude, you need to take a break from defending and hugging your Xbone in this thread and go post in The Xbox forum. It's very clear you can't handle SW, you're too sensitive for this place.

Is this how you're gonna be every time Xbone gets destroyed in NPD? It's not gonna get better man, think of your health. Having meltdowns every time Xbone gets rekt is gonna make you end up in the ER at this rate.

Show me the one post in here where i'm defending the XB1, it's plain for everyone to see that i'm taking the piss out of you, it's funny because you just can't see it.

And yet you wanna talk health problems lol

Dude you're salty AF. You can't even hide it.

? All your posts are oozing with tears and lemming neckbeard rage.

Back to neckbeards and he's mad gifs, are we on a loop? you must be a robot, a quackbot lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@i_p_daily: Most lems are angry sweaty neckbeards from what I've seen on the internet. You fit the typical angry lem profile. You're so mad it's hilarious.

"? B...bu...but I'm not a neckbeard!!1"

? Keep telling yourself that. Your angry meltdowns in this thread aren't helping your case.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 EndofAugust

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: Most lems are angry neckbeard a from what I've seen on he internet. You fit the typical angry lem profile. You're so mad it's hilarious.

? Keep telling yourself that. Your angry meltdowns in this thread aren't helping your case.

You project a lot.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@ProtossRushX said:

XB1 < 50 in japan

XB1 < 100k worldwide

Xbone sales are basically dead outside of the US.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

the x will be a disaster

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@endofaugust said:
@ProtossRushX said:

XB1 < 50 in japan

XB1 < 100k worldwide

And inside lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 QuadKnight

@endofaugust said:
@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: Most lems are angry neckbeard a from what I've seen on he internet. You fit the typical angry lem profile. You're so mad it's hilarious.

You project a lot.

? Says the meltdown king NyaDC that has been banned more times than anyone on SW. How long are you gonna last on this new alt before you get banned again?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By QuadKnight

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@endofaugust said:
@ProtossRushX said:

XB1 < 50 in japan

XB1 < 100k worldwide

... ? and inside the US as well now. Poor NyaDC didn't get the memo lol.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mowgly1

@endofaugust:

Neo was a rumor. It was announced in October officially. Scorpio was announced during E3. Development or not, IT WAS ANNOUNCED. And also with specs. Whole world knew that it would have 6TFLOPS.

Keep grasping at those straws

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

@KBFloYd: There have been widespread reports of supply increases for Switch this month in the U.S., at least anecdotally. I even saw seven units on the shelf in the middle of the day at Wal-Mart recently. It was in the Sunday ads again, too. My guess is that the increased stock already being seen in Japan has worked its way over here, Nintendo said that they expected more supply to get to retailers starting this time of the year, and looks like they were able to deliver.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Yeah people are going to be rushing to get the most powerful console ever.

Poor Quack and the rest of the Cows they are going to be butthurt for the next three years! Hahahahhahahahahaahahahahaha

Yeah they don't want the $250 version and some how will rush to buy the $500 version...Oh lord...

Also bookmarked for future fun making..lol

@endofaugust said:

This would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that the Pro sold like shit compared to the PS4 slim,what happen last year buffoon is that MS released a slim model which always boost sales.

Juky 2009 NPD 2 months before the slim PS4 landed.

• Nintendo DS - 580,000
  • Wii - 252,500
  • Xbox 360 - 202,900
  • PlayStation Portable - 122,800
  • PlayStation 3 - 121,800
  • PlayStation 2 - 108,000

Look how easy the 360 was winning.

August 2009 NPD.

• Wii - 277,400
  • Xbox 360 - 215,400
  • PS3 - 210,000
  • NDS - 552,900
  • PSP - 140,300
  • PS2 - 105,900

The 360 barely beat the PS3 because sony was clearing stocks they had at discounted prices.

September 2009 NPD The PS3 slim release.

• Nintendo DS - 524,200
  • PlayStation 3 - 491,800
  • Wii - 462,800
  • Xbox 360 - 352,600
  • PlayStation Portable - 190,400
  • PlayStation 2 - 146,000

The PS3 slim not only outsold the xbox 360 even beat the mighty Wii which was selling incredible back then.

October 2009 NPD.

• Wii - 506,900
  • Xbox 360 - 249,700
  • PS3 - 320,600
  • NDS - 457,600
  • PSP - 174,600
  • PS2 - 117,800

See how the slim continues to outsell the 360.?

The xbox One S just got a boost because of the slim after that it ran out of steam.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tormentos

@endofaugust said:

Furthermore my assertion about the Pro and X are based upon empirical evidence and common sense, it's pretty common knowledge that sales of any consumer product will fall off on the eve of a successor being released. That's rudimentary consumer economics.

NO is based on your blind fanboysm the PS4 Pro sold like shit and most of the units sold during the holidays were PS4 slim.

What the xbox one S got is call a spike because of a new redesign model which always happen,the slim ps3 did the same.

So no people were not holding off for the Pro the slim spiked sales which is difference,people don't want a $250 xbox one or less i am sure they will not want a $500 one when it plays the sames games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PS4 was still up YoY during 2016 and the lead up to the launch of the Pro. That's really all that matters. XBone is down YoY.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Seems everyone is lining up for Mighty X1X. I sure hope MS is ready with plenty of'em when the flood gates open. this gon b gud. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By tormentos

@endofaugust said:

Something being announced =/= the eve of its release, the Xbox One X hasn't "been coming", it's been in development, it's at the point now where it is coming.

The Pro was known about for like 9 months before it came out, so quick to forget Neo eh? It was known that it would release in the fall of 2016 even before E3 and was officially announced for release at the PlayStation Meeting in the beginning of September.

Get your facts straights.

This post as always show how blind you are and how close minded to reason.

1-Bullshit the xbox one was confirm to come in 2017,since 2016,it was KNOWN so stop with the bullshit that it was on development and now is at the point of coming,MS confirmed the console was coming in E3 2016 and before that it was already leak,sony admit to have another hardware coming that same E3 and the hardware wasn't there there was no launch date,because the PS4 Pro was officially announce on september 2016 1 month before release with price and release date.

So tell me how were sony fans holding back on July,August and September for a new PS4 Pro when the release date was confirmed and pricing in September 2016? Basically this is the part where the little argument you may had just fell apart.

Yeah and Scorpio was known to come for 18 months before release DOUBLE the amount of the Pro by your own argument.

http://kotaku.com/sources-smaller-xbox-one-coming-this-year-more-powerf-1778634446

Rumors about Scorpio came in May 2016,in June 2016 MS CONFIRMS IT as coming in 2017,by May 2017 already 1 year has pass since people knew that scorpio was coming,by this holiday it would be 18 months since the first leak.

So please stop if people were not buying an xbox one because they are holding up for Scorpio,they would be holding one since last year,who in his right mind would buy and XBO S if that person like better and more powerful hard knowing that the very next year a much powerful xbox is coming.?

Those people who bought the slim did so because they liked a slimmer model and pricing was good,not because people were holding for the Pro when the damn thing wasn't confirmed price and release date until 1 month before launch.

The xbox one S is not selling because is dead game wise is basically living out with multiplatforms,the xbox brand lost his heart and soul when its games were giving to PC,and this has been a mighty pathetic year for the xbox one so far and we are 8 months into the year and Halo Wars 2 was about the only noteworthy release and was also on PC and bombed sales wise and score wise wasn't all that.

The xbox one needs games...I don't think the little it has coming will do much.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: Most lems are angry sweaty neckbeards from what I've seen on the internet. You fit the typical angry lem profile. You're so mad it's hilarious.

Guys please stop picking on my best internet friend @i_p_daily, yah people say he or she acts like a whiney little b.. , but he or she means no harm.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@techhog89 said:

3DS is on its last legs

It'll get another bump with the Metroid special edition systems, and with the new Pokemon games.

2018 will be the end of 3DS

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

While it's always great to see the better system for games (PS4) outsell the inferior one (Xbone) , but don't get too confident for NPD later in the year.

Microsoft has shown an ability to milk their customers in a stretch through hype and marketing. And I do think a small number (but still notable) group is holding off on buying an Xbone S now because they want the better one that's coming. Some won't settle for the upscaled 900p one over the dynamic 4k one if they've already decided on jumping in.

And people don't even know what will happen with PS4 / Xbone in Nov yet with msrp pricing , free pack-ins , bundles , retailer sales and freebies , how long those sales are going to be and where, and the impact of PUBG.

PS4 buzz could slip in a post Knack 2 world.

• PUBG
  • Xbone X > PS4 Pro
  • Forza 7 > GTSport
  • Cuphead is the indie darling

Heck , I wouldn't even be surprised if there's consumer confusion and some people think the Xbone S is the most powerful console ever! , lol. Casuals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#141 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Nike_Air: All of this fails to account for the Switch, which has been the wild card that completely took the wind out of the Xbox One's sails (heh)

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Nike_Air

@charizard1605 said:

@Nike_Air: All of this fails to account for the Switch, which has been the wild card that completely took the wind out of the Xbox One's sails (heh)

I'm assuming Mario and Switch will have an impact on both systems this holiday. I don't know which will be more affected though if the buzz for Xbox increases later.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 tormentos

@charizard1605 said:

Which kind of make sense since the PS4 sales haven't drop the ones dropping fast are the xbox one sales..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#144 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Nike_Air: @tormentos: Right. To be clear, in the long run, I don't expect PS4 to be negatively impacted by Switch (or vice versa), I expect both to co-exist and do well.

Xbox One in the long run, I see losing ground thanks to Switch and PS4 taking all the air out of the room. I ordinarily would have argued that with new hardware inbound this Holiday, the Xbox One will have its fall cushioned a bit in the short term, but given that said new hardware is $500, and that even cheaper Xbox One S units are failing to move much in the market, I have to conclude that for this Holiday, the Xbox One may have it rough next to the PS4, backed by major multiplatform games like Destiny, Call of Duty, and Star Wars, and the Nintendo Switch, which is the hot new toy everyone wants, and which will have not just Zelda, Kart, and Splatoon, but Mario in addition, by the time Holiday season rolls around.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Nike_Air

@tormentos said:
@charizard1605 said:

Which kind of make sense since the PS4 sales haven't drop the ones dropping fast are the xbox one sales..

I think Switch affects both , though. PS4 games and marketing is likely the main thing driving good PS4 sales , and creating that seperation. Throw in some people waiting for Xbone X and some milkage from PS4 Pro on top of that and it looks worse for Xbone.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tormentos

@charizard1605 said:

@Nike_Air: @tormentos: Right. To be clear, in the long run, I don't expect PS4 to be negatively impacted by Switch (or vice versa), I expect both to co-exist and do well.

Xbox One in the long run, I see losing ground thanks to Switch and PS4 taking all the air out of the room. I ordinarily would have argued that with new hardware inbound this Holiday, the Xbox One will have its fall cushioned a bit in the short term, but given that said new hardware is $500, and that even cheaper Xbox One S units are failing to move much in the market, I have to conclude that for this Holiday, the Xbox One may have it rough next to the PS4, backed by major multiplatform games like Destiny, Call of Duty, and Star Wars, and the Nintendo Switch, which is the hot new toy everyone wants, and which will have not just Zelda, Kart, and Splatoon, but Mario in addition, by the time Holiday season rolls around.

The thing is that if people want something different to the PS experience they will probably go Switch as the xbox one is more or less the same as the PS4 but with few exclusives.

Splatoon is already boosting sales and the Switch and PS4 selling neck and neck while the XBO showing a great slowdown is clear indication that the Switch is eating away from the xbox,like the wii use to eat from the PS last gen.

The situation is deteriorating fast because of the lack of games this year for the xbox,lemmings are hyping Crackdown,cup head and a few others but reality is outside of Forza which is also on PC,those games will not do much Crackdown was never an AAA series,and i think MS is abusing Forza too much.

@Nike_Air said:

I think Switch affects both , though. PS4 games and marketing is likely the main thing driving good PS4 sales , and creating that seperation. Throw in some people waiting for Xbone X and some milkage from PS4 Pro on top of that and it looks worse for Xbone.

NO is actually affecting the xbox one,in fact last month the PS4 outsold both combined the switch and XBO,which is something we don't see since the PS2 days thanks to a new bundle and discounts.

There are no people holding for the xbox one X in fact those who are getting an xbox one X this holiday are not the people who get an xbox one or any other consoles in year 4th,those in line to get an xbox one X are currently owning an OG xbox one,since those are early adopters,early adopters don't buy systems in year 4th.

So it is a great misconception to believe that the xbox one is selling slow because people are holding on to buy an xbox one X,people who PAY $500 for a system are early adopters not the average joe who get the xbox one on deals or 4 years after launch those may be getting an xbox one X on 2020 or 2021 when the xbox onx X is hitting $250 or less.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#147  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@kjtc1979 said:

@KBFloYd: There have been widespread reports of supply increases for Switch this month in the U.S., at least anecdotally. I even saw seven units on the shelf in the middle of the day at Wal-Mart recently. It was in the Sunday ads again, too. My guess is that the increased stock already being seen in Japan has worked its way over here, Nintendo said that they expected more supply to get to retailers starting this time of the year, and looks like they were able to deliver.

yea nintendo keeps stock coming weekly imo.... its just that its like 5 consoles for every store or something small like that.....

but switch stock is constantly being replinished it seems..... i was asking about "big" restocks..... i know in july for splatoon anticipation there was reports of big restocks....both usa and japan....which checked out according to the sales...... i havnt seen anything for august though charizard says today is one of the bigger restocks.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

XB1 not even in the top 3 is bad news.

Otherwise, very healthy software sales which is important for everyone.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#149 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

This is so sad. But wait until X1X...

That's what people are doing.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#150 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246133438&postcount=137

It might be the only link I can find about this.