Jesus Killzone 2 has the worst aiming system and least accurate guns ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

get used to it!!! i for 1 am kiking a$£ with my shotty:D

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Generalmojo
Yup.. I have 28.74% accuracy with the standard rifle.. I love the controls and the aiming
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Generalmojo

Yup.. I have 29% accuracy with the standard rifle.. I love the controls and the aiming.. 95% with the shotgun :o I hardly ever use it though

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the controls. The controls are just fine. It takes a little getting use to but once you've mastered it, you got it.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

:x

what have you put 30 minutes into the game? seriously, you'll get used to it...

Mr_Apple_Soup

after putting in almost 20 hours in multiplayer, i still cannot properly aim in this game. the guns are damn hard to control. once i put the greendot right on enemys head and shot, he didnt die.....but the guy about 4-5 feet away from him got headshot instead lol

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

Couth_

Yup.. I have 29% accuracy with the standard rifle.. I love the controls and the aiming.. 95% with the shotgun :o I hardly ever use it though

grrrrr :twisted:

i get happy and shoot the sky sometimes, so my % wuld be quite low :cry:

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

RE5 is the easiest shooting game to master, you're not even moving while shooting giving you perfect aim, giving you the perfect chance to shoot a guy in the leg and run up and hit em, if you cant master RE5 shooting in like 5 minutes chances are you are a noob.

Euroshinobi

your kidding right?, you come on here and moan about the recoil in kz2, the recoil with machine guns in RE5 is all over the place to the point of uncontrollable, and yes the shooting in RE5 is easy with a handgun, but overall the control is not intuitive at all

um wth are you talking about ? i am not the TC. or whoever it is you mistaked me as in this topic lol, so ill just ask......did you quote the wrong post ?, and RE5 is easy to master with any gun

probrbly, sorry mate, yes RE5 is eay to master, but you have to work hard to hit anything with the machine guns, especially the sig.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
They have British accents because they're voiced by British voice actors.. Sean Pertwee is Radec for example, I also think he does a lot of the grunt voices as well.
Avatar image for BirdmanJr_basic
BirdmanJr_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 BirdmanJr_basic
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

I agree. I'm about 5 levels in or so, and I still really don't like the controls or aim. On default setting, it moves to slow. On a higher sensitivity, it goes everywhere. The TC is right, the guns all feel the same. When you turn, it feels delayed, and there's a slight blur (and no, it's not my TV). Very inaccurate, it actually frustrates me at some points (the pistol is the worst pistol in any FPS). At lease the graphics are pretty good. It's sad that Guerilla couldn't get this right, COD 4, WAW, and Halo 3 did. I know all the PS3 fanboys will jump all over me, but I kind of wish I didn't buy it.

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts

I'll skip the entirely broken control scheme and just ask

Seriously like what the hell happened !? I started playing the campaign today and wow these guns cant hit a damn thing ! Why does the game even have a zoom mode for guns when it just makes the guns less accurate. The only gun that come close to hitting the broad side of a barn in the automatic with the green scope because it actually keeps the crosshair when zoomed.

I've found the most effective way to kill enemies in this game are to just get right up on them and fire small bust or fire which honestly defeats the purpose of fully automatic weapon which wouldnt be a problem if enemies could only register about getting hit with 5 bullets when you hit them with 50 .

I've picked up 4 Automatic Riffles through the first 3 stages and I'm sorry but what the hell is the point ? All 4 guns feel identical and non seem to offer any advantages they just look different making the one with the green scope you start with the obvious choice.

Sniping is super frausterating because #1. The scope goes all over the place as Sev or whatever his name is apparently never took sniping lessons , #2. The scope view is about 50% smaller than all the other guns

Other dumb things I've noticed

-Vargas or whatever his name is looks like a clear rip off of Marcus from Gears of War

-Why the Hell do the Hellghast have British and Australian accents wtf :?

Sonic_on_crack
Your obviously just suck at the game. And so what if they have British accents? Don't understand how that's a dumb thing, what language you want them to speak?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#161 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I agree. I'm about 5 levels in or so, and I still really don't like the controls or aim. On default setting, it moves to slow. On a higher sensitivity, it goes everywhere. The TC is right, the guns all feel the same. When you turn, it feels delayed, and there's a slight blur (and no, it's not my TV). Very inaccurate, it actually frustrates me at some points (the pistol is the worst pistol in any FPS). At lease the graphics are pretty good. It's sad that Guerilla couldn't get this right, COD 4, WAW, and Halo 3 did. I know all the PS3 fanboys will jump all over me, but I kind of wish I didn't buy it.

BirdmanJr_basic

I agree. The sensitivity never felt right to me. But somebody mentioned earlier the driving in GTA IV and they are right.. it's something that you'll have to get used to or just flat out hate. I was able to get used to GTA IV's driving but some people never could. This is pretty similar. Unlike GTA IV, I could never get used to it, so I hated it. I recognize the game as a solid shooter, but I couldn't get past my problem with the controls enough to enjoy it. The combination of limited FOV, the DS3 controller and the sensitivity made the game more of a frustration than anything else.

megapikachu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 megapikachu101
Member since 2007 • 1386 Posts

I have no problems with the controls and some of the guns can be realy accurate, I've gotten sniped by some of them.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

I love KZ2 controls it is one of the best shooters i have played this gen. This game is not a noob friendly game and i like that. Kind of like warhawk. You need to get use to the controls if you can do that then there is no problem. What i see a lot is people just aim and shoot what people dont understand is if you crouch and shoot the guns are extremely accurate that is why i run over people online.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#164 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts

You started well TC, but here you're just bashing the game...

The aiming is realistic, the gameplay is realistic, the weapons are realistic.... don't like it? dont play it

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

after a couple levels aiming was easy i headshots were at a premium although i do agree aiming down the sigh with the helgast assault rifle is useless the ISA rifile is perfect for heatshots

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I have little to no trouble with the aiming system. I guess you'll get used to it.
-M117-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 -M117-
Member since 2009 • 349 Posts

so thats why its a sales flop..............

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 pi3m4ster
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
guess what firing bursts of fire has been the way to go since forever in modern combat-based games. Sure killzone 2 is sci-fi but it tends to grab the same "easy to kill people" feel that belongs to cod, rainbow 6 etc
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

I stopped trying to shoot people in the single player, it was easier to just run at them with a knife and just stab them. I can't stand how the aiming has a ramping up to the speed, and the the accuracy of the weapons feels horrible. I find it easier to just hip fire 9/10 times since going into iron sights makes it even more sluggish.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
lol @Dual Analog FPSes.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 loco145

I find it easier to just hip fire 9/10 times since going into iron sights makes it even more sluggish.

savagetwinkie

Also, this.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Works fine for me ;) I guess you have to be good at the game to enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

The only thing I don't like about Killzone 2 is the way the aiming feels. I DETEST IT! It's just really slow... TOO slow... Come on, you honestly don't believe Guerilla when they said that the "heavy look" is a feature! It's horrible. Why is it there? It does NOT make it feel more realistic. And it's totally unresponsive. It's laggy... even the menu is laggy... I think Guerilla had some kind of problem developing it on the PS3! :p

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Sorry. Theres really nothing wrong with the controlls at all. Sure aiming was weird at first but its no where near as hard at SoC. It might be because you suck. I barely had the game an hour and I was already head shotting people left and right online.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts

The only thing I don't like about Killzone 2 is the way the aiming feels. I DETEST IT! It's just really slow... TOO slow... Come on, you honestly don't believe Guerilla when they said that the "heavy look" is a feature! It's horrible. Why is it there? It does NOT make it feel more realistic. And it's totally unresponsive. It's laggy... even the menu is laggy... I think Guerilla had some kind of problem developing it on the PS3! :p

wapahala
um, what? laggy menu? Unresponsive? Have you ever shot a high powered rifle before? K2 is the closest FPS concerning realism. FACT! You're just use to the real fast paced floaty FPS's out there. You will adjust to it. Keep playing.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

I didn't have a problem with the shooting or aiming but I really didn't like that your FOV is very small. It's like you are going around with horse blinders on or something.

heretrix
this is very true. that was the hardest thing for me to get used to.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

TC, either you were stoned and drunk while you were playing the game, or you just took the definition of noob to a whole new level.

Go back to playing games where theres no physics(even cs from 1999 had that for god's sake),

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mooboojooboo
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
killzone2's a aim assist noob game. the only developer you can depend on their games not being total aim assist/auto aim noobfest games and actually require you to aim is idsoftware franchise titles. they make sure dev's add aim assist off options to their games, like quakewars on 360 you can turn the noob crap off.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#180 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
The controls are fine, although I will say they take some getting used to. I got the hang of it before the demo was over. I'm even so used to the controls tonight I came in numero uno in an online match for the first time on KZ2... 8)
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

And the Killzone 2 hate threads continue.lol Wow. Anyway the aiming is fine. At least for me. Why this game is getting so much hate is beyond me. Is it because it met the hype,the graphics are good,or because its not on the 360?

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

so thats why its a sales flop..............

-M117-

Yeah sure it flopped.lol Man the fanboys are relentless.smh

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

And the Killzone 2 hate threads continue.lol Wow. Anyway the aiming is fine. At least for me. Why this game is getting so much hate is beyond me. Is it because it met the hype,the graphics are good,or because its not on the 360?

coltsfan4ever

I would think all three.

mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 mooboojooboo
lol any game with no option to turn off aim assist/auto aim =fail
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#185 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Vargas or whatever his name is looks like a clear rip off of Marcus from Gears of WarSonic_on_crack
Can someone remind me or inform me who Vargas is? Maybe you mean Garza? Or Natko? But neither of them resemble Marcus Fenix...
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]killzone2's a aim assist noob game. the only developer you can depend on their games not being total aim assist/auto aim noobfest games and actually require you to aim is idsoftware franchise titles. they make sure dev's add aim assist off options to their games, like quakewars on 360 you can turn the noob crap off.

lol... quake wars is such a terrible game. OP, you must suck at shooting if you thinks its bad.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]killzone2's a aim assist noob game. the only developer you can depend on their games not being total aim assist/auto aim noobfest games and actually require you to aim is idsoftware franchise titles. they make sure dev's add aim assist off options to their games, like quakewars on 360 you can turn the noob crap off.

lol... quake wars is such a terrible game. OP, you must suck at shooting if you thinks its bad.

atleast it requires you to aim.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"]killzone2's a aim assist noob game. the only developer you can depend on their games not being total aim assist/auto aim noobfest games and actually require you to aim is idsoftware franchise titles. they make sure dev's add aim assist off options to their games, like quakewars on 360 you can turn the noob crap off.

clearly you never played KZ2.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 mooboojooboo
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="mooboojooboo"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] lol... quake wars is such a terrible game. OP, you must suck at shooting if you thinks its bad.

clearly you never played KZ2.

i just seen all the multiplayer maps/options menu/single player levels. no option to turn off aim assist, total noob game. quakewar's is better
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
There's aim assist? You looked at all the menus and couldn't find the option to turn aim assist off, because.....wait for it......I don't think there is an aim assist mechanic in the game to begin with.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 mooboojooboo
There's aim assist? You looked at all the menus and couldn't find the option to turn aim assist off, because.....wait for it......I don't think there is an aim assist mechanic in the game to begin with.beekayjay
yes there is lol, i seen it in gameplay video plus, many reviews mentioned it. console gaming is fail.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 loco145

There's aim assist? You looked at all the menus and couldn't find the option to turn aim assist off, because.....wait for it......I don't think there is an aim assist mechanic in the game to begin with.beekayjay
Yeah, its your skill right? :lol:

Look this.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 beekayjay
March 10th genius....its been patched.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mooboojooboo
March 10th genius....its been patched.beekayjay
sure it has and 5 years in development and they didnt know this? LOL only games you can trust on consoles are idsoftware titles, every game even if not developed by them, but still a franchise from them includes options to turn off aim assist/auto aim to play legit.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
>Sniping is super frausterating because #1. The scope goes all over the place as Sev or whatever his name is apparently never took sniping lessons , #2. The scope view is about 50% smaller than all the other gunsSonic_on_crack
Welcome to sniping, Lol you honoestly think every soldier learns how to snipe? Obviously you've never shot a sniper rifle because u expect the scope to be steady.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 beekayjay
4 years in development, and bugs will be bugs man....try working on a game this gen and see how easy it is to have a perfect launch build. At least they patched it. So what's your point now?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mooboojooboo
The new wolfenstein game being released on ps3/360/pc is a idsoftware franchise but it wasnt developed by them, it was contracted out and developed by raven software. But how much you want to bet? even if it has aim assist/auto aim on ps3/360 it's gonna include option to turn off that crap.
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mooboojooboo
4 years in development, and bugs will be bugs man....try working on a game this gen and see how easy it is to have a perfect launch build. At least they patched it. So what's your point now?beekayjay
it's got aim assist period patch or no patch.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 beekayjay
Because youtube told you or because you play the game?
mooboojooboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 mooboojooboo
The sad fact is console gamers gotta worry about dev's adding auto aim/aim assist to their games, this crap should be banned from gaming. on consoles nobody should have aim assist or auto aim especially, because everyone getting same framerate's using same controllers. while pc one person is getting 300 fps and the other 30 fps and other persons got a better mouse pad or better response time laser mouse or whatever it's not as fair on pc yet still no aim assist or auto aim. dev's need to stop babying console gamers.