Jesus Killzone 2 has the worst aiming system and least accurate guns ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"] They have a home planet that isnt Earth and yet somehow arent alien ? ok :?Sonic_on_crack

The Helghast are descendents of humans. Why do you think they have human form? Helghan wasn't their original home planet and the reason they are like they are is because of the Helghan atmosphere.

what was the story written by a 4 year old, and yeah I dont understand why its so far fetched for some aliens to look similar to humans

Killzone 2

see what i bolded there? maybe that's why you don't get the story

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts

[QUOTE="Slambo86"]Meaning, you're use to the traditional, unrealistic, floaty-quick movement gunplay. BTW, you know what RECOIL is? Burst fire is normal to keep accuracy. You'll get use to it. Pdiddy105

Having to burst fire when you're right in front of the enemy, yup that realistic.

umm, what? You don't have to burst, you can full unload a clip from close range and kill your enemies (obviously), next time when you do it..trying aiming at someone first, might help. :)
Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts
[QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]

[QUOTE="Slambo86"]Meaning, you're use to the traditional, unrealistic, floaty-quick movement gunplay. BTW, you know what RECOIL is? Burst fire is normal to keep accuracy. You'll get use to it. Slambo86

Having to burst fire when you're right in front of the enemy, yup that realistic.

umm, what? You don't have to burst, you can full unload a clip from close range and kill your enemies (obviously), next time when you do it..trying aiming at someone first, might help. :)

no unloading a whole clip works a lot less than using burst fire. its like if you shoot them too much the game gets confused about how many times the enemy got shoot and they just end up cancel and dont end up getting hit by any
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

check my PSN troll, I was just playing the game a hour ago . Go back in your cageSonic_on_crack

Hey, I wasn't the one who made this thread.

Sonic_on_crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Sonic_on_crack
Member since 2007 • 2428 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]check my PSN troll, I was just playing the game a hour ago . Go back in your cageKG86

yeah but you were the one who accused me of being a troll, which I have proof of I am not. Good day Sir !
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to practice more. The controls are a little loose other than that no problems for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

What accents should aliens have?

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Slambo86

[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]

Sonic_on_crack

no unloading a whole clip works a lot less than using burst fire. its like if you shoot them too much the game gets confused about how many times the enemy got shoot and they just end up cancel and dont end up getting hit by any

It's called RECOIL...and you aren't always guaranteed a kill, since they move...and make it hard, if you can control the gun well and keep it high, a nice head shot ends its quickly. You make it seem like the guys stands still and you can't seem to shoot him close range. Takes more than 1 shot to kill someone. They arn't running around naked, are they?

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

[QUOTE="KG86"]

[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]check my PSN troll, I was just playing the game a hour ago . Go back in your cageSonic_on_crack

yeah but you were the one who accused me of being a troll, which I have proof of I am not. Good day Sir !

Proof that you have played the game doesn't prove you aren't trolling. Case in point how you say they are aliens how rediculous it is they have British accents.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Ok, I think you've made it quite obvious that you don't like this game, from complainging about the controls, british accents, to the story being written by a "4 year old"... Anything else you want to add?karasill

lol 4 year old? It isn't oscar-winning quality of a story, but if a 4 year old wrote this I would like to meet this kid.

And for TC, get used to it, if you don't like it then just don't play it, its not like complaining about it in a place called system wars is going to get the controls to a call of duty style like you wanted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#61 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"] They have a home planet that isnt Earth and yet somehow arent alien ? ok :?Sonic_on_crack

The Helghast are descendents of humans. Why do you think they have human form? Helghan wasn't their original home planet and the reason they are like they are is because of the Helghan atmosphere.

what was the story written by a 4 year old, and yeah I dont understand why its so far fetched for some aliens to look similar to humans

They're NOT aliens AT ALL. They were once humans who were experimented on, and eventually were ditched. They seek revenge, so in the first Killzone and Liberation, they attack Earth, or the ISA's home planet. In Killzone 2, it's the ISA who are taking the fight to the Helghans' planet, why do they have a planet? Most likely because they were ABANDONED there. I don't know the full story, but even I know they're not bloody aliens.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I guess you've never played Shadow of Chernobyl.AAllxxjjnn
And what do you mean by that? :|
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

WRONG!!! My 150 exp in ONE match today says different and it also says you suck at Killzone 2. KILLZOWNEDDD!!!!!!!

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

no auto aim in this game sorry.. and the guns do have a kick back in this game unlike other.

Mr_Apple_Soup

are you kidding? KZ has some of the heaviest auto aim ive seen in awhile...theyre patching it because it's too sticky in multiplayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZopiWebNxq0

That explains alot. I can't believe this. They spent 4 years on this game and it turned out like this, just terrible.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

poor kid needs auto-aim...

i personally find the aiming and control scheme to be fine

Sonic_on_crack

who needs Auto aim ? I just need a game with some guns with decent accuracy and as far as FPS go lets see which FPS games I've beat this gen -Halo 3 -Haze -Resistance 2 -Call of Duty 4 -FEAR -BIA HH -Bioshock -Rainbow 6 Vegas -Perfect Dark 0 -Orange box - all 3 HL games so "kid" and I'm 22 btw, I know how to play a FPS hence the reason I started Killzone on the hardest difficulty

correct me if im wrong....Killzone 2 on hardest difficulty = no crosshair...no wonder you cant aim.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
That was my first reaction upon buying the game. Horrible controls. After playing it for a month, I can't stand any other FPS' controls. Trust me you get used to it. The only problem in my mind is the horrible from the hip auto aim bug.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

As any game you get used to it after awhile.....I do understand about the headshots....It should not take 3-4 rounds in the noggin to put them down...

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

Follow these steps:

1. Lower Y sensitivity by two levels from default

2. Lower X sensitivity by one level from default

3. Change control scheme to alternate 2

4. Enable hold aim button for zoom.

Now you're pro at KZ2.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"]

I'll skip the entirely broken control scheme and just ask

Seriously like what the hell happened !? I started playing the campaign today and wow these guns cant hit a damn thing ! Why does the game even have a zoom mode for guns when it just makes the guns less accurate. The only gun that come close to hitting the broad side of a barn in the automatic with the green scope because it actually keeps the crosshair when zoomed.

I've found the most effective way to kill enemies in this game are to just get right up on them and fire small bust or fire which honestly defeats the purpose of fully automatic weapon which wouldnt be a problem if enemies could only register about getting hit with 5 bullets when you hit them with 50 .

I've picked up 4 Automatic Riffles through the first 3 stages and I'm sorry but what the hell is the point ? All 4 guns feel identical and non seem to offer any advantages they just look different making the one with the green scope you start with the obvious choice.

Sniping is super frausterating because #1. The scope goes all over the place as Sev or whatever his name is apparently never took sniping lessons , #2. The scope view is about 50% smaller than all the other guns

Other dumb things I've noticed

-Vargas or whatever his name is looks like a clear rip off of Marcus from Gears of War

-Why the Hell do the Hellghast have British and Australian accents wtf :?

LOL go play some cod or better yet hit me up on PSN Anarchy_Soup I'll show you how to shoot noob.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

Disagree with for but the rest does help. After playing KZ2 I had to drop my sensitivity way down in COD because it felt way to genric when set up high.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

What you do is aim pretty close to your enemies, and then constantly hit the button to go into your iron sight mode, and keep hitting it rapidly. Should do the trick.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

2beers_in_hand

Disagree with for but the rest does help. After playing KZ2 I had to drop my sensitivity way down in COD because it felt way to genric when set up high.

seriously though after i followed these steps i consistently became top 3 in score every match.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I guess you've never played Shadow of Chernobyl.Juggernaut140

Guns are fairly inaccurate in SoC.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 2beers_in_hand
[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="Trinners"]

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

seriously though after i followed these steps i consistently became top 3 in score every match.

Top 5 for me but it does help. I hate to say it but KZ ruined every other FPS for me cod just dosen't fell right A LMG shouldn't feel like a M4 carbine.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="KG86"]

There are no Australian accents, trust me I'm Australian.

Beat me to it. And what's wrong with them having British accents?

Yeah it sounds better than the US English in my opinion.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Slambo86

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

Trinners
BINGO, just like my settings. The movement is perfect.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

dont mistaken the fact that you cant aim for a bad aiming system. like anything that requires some skill in the world it takes time to master it.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

lol, kb&m FTW.

Hell, Wiimote FTW. :P

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

Sonic_on_crack

nothing , I just couldnt have thought of anything stupider. you go to a different planet and find the Alien race has british accents ... ok :roll:

The are descendants of humans.

no auto aim in this game sorry.. and the guns do have a kick back in this game unlike other.

iamshivy

This. The game has no auto aim and every weapons plays differently. The recoil is unique. You can run and gun as well as line your sights, but there's an art to it. You can't go into the game playing like it's Resistance 2 or COD4. All of the actual legitimate aiming problems have been fixed or will be next week in the new patch. Also, crouching is your friend.

Avatar image for CYB3R_N1GHTMARE
CYB3R_N1GHTMARE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CYB3R_N1GHTMARE
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

This game dosen't Even have auto-Aim man,I think your mistaken halo 3 for Killzone 2 sweetie:)

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

Slambo86

I actually like the standard control settings for MP. It's much easier to crouch and shoot that way. I turned the sensitivity up while using the shotgun. Default for other weapons.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="Mr_Apple_Soup"]

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

MrSlippery39

are you kidding? KZ has some of the heaviest auto aim ive seen in awhile...theyre patching it because it's too sticky in multiplayer

Thats horrendous auto aim. =/.

There's no auto aim while shooting from the hip. The issue in the video will be fixed in the 1.21 patch next week.
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Apple_Soup"]

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

MrSlippery39

that's not auto aim, that's called a aim snap. and every console FPS shooter has one. also you don't lock on to the playerif the enemy player is moving at all even using the snap wont be completely effective.

maybe play the game before bashing it.

also TC you're the new definition of the word n00b. there's no aim assist in this game. EVERY SINGLE game you listed has aim assist to some degree..actually most of them have a huge amount of aim assist. and don't confuse aim assist with aim snap, they're completely different things. the guns in single player are very accurate. i have hundreds of headshots. and in MP i have 1000 headshots. you just suck at the game. give it a week and you'll get the feel of the controls.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 enygma500

[QUOTE="MrSlippery39"]

[QUOTE="Mr_Apple_Soup"]

TREAL_Since

There's no auto aim while shooting from the hip. The issue in the video will be fixed in the 1.21 patch next week.

no it wont. they're fixing the issue that lets you mash on the aiming button so the gun follows the enmies. the aiming snap will still be there. i'd bet they're just going to make it so all the animations have to finish.

ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

I'm having trouble hitting stuff to. But for me the problem is getting used to a Playstation controller again. I didn't touch my PS2 after getting my 360 last January, so I've basically gotten used to the 360 controller as if it were another appendage. Plus, I never liked the Playstation controller for FPS, so even when I get used to it, it will still be weird to me.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
How are you having so much trouble lining up shoots and getting headshots. I have no trouble
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#87 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I guess you've never played Shadow of Chernobyl.Juggernaut140

It's really hard to hit people early on in SoC. All your guns are incredibly inaccurate relative to your foes.

At least in Killzone 2, if you line up your shots and fire off a short burst with an automatic weapon, you'll hit most of the time.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="KG86"]

There are no Australian accents, trust me I'm Australian.

Sonic_on_crack

nothing , I just couldnt have thought of anything stupider. you go to a different planet and find the Alien race has british accents ... ok :roll:

Maybe the Helghast are descendants(sp?) of the UK?You know they are still human.
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 enygma500

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]I guess you've never played Shadow of Chernobyl.sonicmj1

It's really hard to hit people early on in SoC. All your guns are incredibly inaccurate relative to your foes.

At least in Killzone 2, if you line up your shots and fire off a short burst with an automatic weapon, you'll hit most of the time.

you'll hit every time. if the enemy is moveing then you have to lead your shot. KZ2 aiming system is done good and the weapons are very accurate with burst shots. although i will admit i wish they would tone down the bullet spread a bit. most n00b online pop me with the most random headshots some times. it's fairly annoying to see 1 random bullet hit you in the face.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 enygma500

[QUOTE="Sonic_on_crack"][QUOTE="BZSIN"]

Rockman999

Maybe the Helghast are descendants(sp?) of the UK?You know they are still human.

as afar as i know they were human that landed on another planet then were change by the atmoshpere and banished by the rest of mankind. then the helghast invaded vekta and so human attacked. or the human say the helghast made the first move. but really the human tried to force the higs of helghast and the hig retaliated.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

There's no way the weapons could be as inaccurate as the ones in BF2...it's just not possible.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

There's no way the weapons could be as inaccurate as the ones in BF2...it's just not possible.

Verge_6
Those weapons also took about a magazine of bullets to kill someone with chest shots.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Slambo86
[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="Trinners"]

Follow these steps:

Now you're pro at KZ2.

TREAL_Since

I actually like the standard control settings for MP. It's much easier to crouch and shoot that way. I turned the sensitivity up while using the shotgun. Default for other weapons.

I did at first, but i have gotten use to using the crouch/aim button at the same time with the COD4 controls. Just feels so natural using the L1/L2 to aim and shoot now.
Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
I love kz2 controls and have no idea what your talking about.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I just absolutely hate the Dual Shock 3 controller for FPS. Still loved Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 though, although I found Killzone 2 much better than Resistance 2.
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Sniping is super frausterating because #1. The scope goes all over the place as Sev or whatever his name is apparently never took sniping lessons

Sonic_on_crack

Hahahhahahah you know when you look through the sight, you might want to have your controller steady.

If you keep your controller steady(sixaxis) its very accurate and easy....

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

Mr_Apple_Soup

LOL, that's quite hilarious. You don't even need to move the analog stick, you can just follow someone using iron sights.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]

Mr_Apple_Soup

LOL, that's quite hilarious. You don't even need to move the analog stick, you can just follow someone using iron sights.

Nice song too. :)

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

First off there is nothing at all wrong with the aiming in KZ2. Or the accuracy of the weapons, if your having accuracy problems then its not the weapons it you.

So since that is out of the way, the only way to fix what you are doing wrong is play the game lol, and practice. Not every game is a game that any joe blow picks up and and run with the best of them (cod4 lol).

The aiming reminds me alot of Socom, where alot of times you don't follow a target with just your cross hairs, cause like you said you tend to over adjust. So try moving your feet, like strafing to get your cross hairs on target. That is the biggest tip I could give anyone jumping into KZ2. Don't plant your self and try to use the cross hairs to align with the target, definitly move your feet to fine tune your aim, especially when firing from the hip.

Also when making moves, plan ahead of time to make them. Like running up to a corner, you will not slow down in time and bring up your gun fast enough if you meet someone around the corner. So slow down 4 to 5 steps away from the corner then commence to turning the corner. Its not cod4 where you can stop on a dime and leave a nickle lol. Also do the same for when jumping, always plan ahead for your next movement.

Also the one weapon you pick up is a smg, so actually its better at close range. You get your target and drop them. If not then release the trigger and align your aim again for the next burst. Do not just hold the trigger down, if so you will be shooting the sky lol.

All in all just play the game and practice. Online being good really stands you apart from the guys just learning. It is a very nice feeling to play a game besides Socom that skill is rewarded. Just keep practicing is all I can say :)

Have a nice day!!