Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

This coming from a guy who shills the Switch, take a seat and stop embarrassing yourself.

@Pedro said:

@goldenelementxl: The PS5 and Series X are holding things back but not the Switch.🤣😂 Pull a chair and sit this one out.

The Switch performs a unique function. The other two, what's their function? Being cheap?

The Switch has a unique library. The PS5 and Xbox Series X/S do not. They will share their games with PC, which will obliterate the consoles in performance. We are talking a gap we've never seen at a console launch. I feel embarrassed for Xbox and Playstation. Imagine trying to sell those consoles now... Imagine making a 12tflop console with "8K" etched on the chip after seeing the 3070, 3080 and 3090. Microsoft might wanna file down those chips...

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#52 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Unique? That true, low res/frame rate and full of crappy downgraded ports.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:

This coming from a guy who shills the Switch, take a seat and stop embarrassing yourself.

@Pedro said:

@goldenelementxl: The PS5 and Series X are holding things back but not the Switch.🤣😂 Pull a chair and sit this one out.

The Switch performs a unique function. The other two, what's their function? Being cheap?

The Switch has a unique library. The PS5 and Xbox Series X/S do not. They will share their games with PC, which will obliterate the consoles in performance. We are talking a gap we've never seen at a console launch. I feel embarrassed for Xbox and Playstation. Imagine trying to sell those consoles now... Imagine making a 12tflop console with "8K" etched on the chip after seeing the 3070, 3080 and 3090. Microsoft might wanna file down those chips...

Oh come on man. It’s the same Mario/Zelda games as every other gen with a fresh coat of paint. There’s nothing unique about the switch Library.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

@phlop_spencer said:

Oh come on man. It’s the same Mario/Zelda games as every other gen with a fresh coat of paint. There’s nothing unique about the switch Library.

There's nothing fresh about cutscenes in Naughty Dog games, QTE boss fights or forced walking/dialogue sections. Nintendo makes video games. The other two wanna make movies. Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, BotW, Smash, Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, Arms, Bayonetta 2, all those JRPGS... Yeah, that's more unique than what is only available on PS5, (which will soon be not much) and Xbox (which is nothing at all). I can play everything else on PC at far better settings.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@Random_Matt said:

@phlop_spencer said:

There's nothing fresh about cutscenes in Naughty Dog games, QTE boss fights or forced walking/dialogue sections. Nintendo makes video games. The other two wanna make movies. Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, BotW, Smash, Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, Arms, Bayonetta 2, all those JRPGS... Yeah, that's more unique than what is only available on PS5, (which will soon be not much) and Xbox (which is nothing at all). I can play everything else on PC at far better settings.

LOL. Switch is once again starving for fresh new games. I have one and own all 5 games worth having for it. Once I’ve beat them I’m selling it.

Switch is an underpowered Mario/Zelda machine nothing more. 80% of the games you listed are Mario. Unique Library LOLOLOL good one man!

And at least I play the systems I bash to make an informed opinion. QTE boss fights and forced walking sections?? Cry more numnuts

DrSerigala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 DrSerigala
Member since 2018 • 208 Posts

Dont worry cow PS5 SSD is another secret sauce of SONY it is worth about 20 TFlops.

So, 20 + 10 = 30 TFLOPS same as RTX 3090. LMAO.

Just wait a secret PATCH to activated that by godCerny. LOL

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2140 Posts
@xantufrog said:

Have to say, I'm impressed and surprised by the specs they rolled out. Yeah we had the rumors but...

Pricing is only ok IMO. 3070 is 100 more than their target for that class card has been. Yes it's a big generational leap, but so was the 970. The others are in the usual "yeah no" price territory for me

Come now, that's a $100 price cut for the 3070 and 3080 with double the performance and a $1000 price cut for the new Titan, now called 3090. How is that a bad thing? If you want them cheaper, just wait and see what AMD has to offer, but I would not hold much hope on them, even if the raw power is there, the software/features will be trash.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@rmpumper: have to agree with you, hard to see how you can complain with that performance/price ratio!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Well the 3080 is 70% quicker than a 2080ti, which is what the next gen consoles are aiming at and they'll be available before the consoles.

It's like taking candy from a baby.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#60 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@loco145 said:

Even in 2013, everyone knew that the new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles weren’t really a match for PC gaming. Those consoles came with an underpowered and outdated AMD CPU that would go on to limit what was possible throughout the entire generation. But in 2020, it’s more difficult to tell how the consoles will stack up against modern PCs. Nvidia, however, made it clear today that it’s not gonna let Sony and Microsoft leave it behind thanks to the new RTX 3000-series GPUs it officially revealed this morning. And as of today, I’m more excited for the Nvidia RTX 3080 than either the Xbox Series X or the PlayStation 5.

Source

I don't think it matters much that the newest graphic cards are more powerful than whats going to be offered on consoles.

The industry has a trend to, aside from a few exceptions, maintain a level of visuals and scope that will fit within all hardware currently being played on.

Just taking a look at the progress made with RTX onward, there is little visual disparity between the PC and it's console counterparts.

You can argue resolution, frames and some lighting effects like raytracing may be giving the PC version of these games an edge, but it's far from how it was, early 2000 onward to the early 2010.

Gaming just isn't so much about hardware anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#61 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@goldenelementxl: You have to do better than that.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

All the suckers that bought a 2080ti last year. 😂 bass.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Who?

Same. I have no clue. Sounds like Nvidia unveiled some stuff.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I hate to tell PC gamers but you will need also to buy a fast gen 4 m.2 drive to go along with a 3000 series card.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Well it’s time for Xbox to stop hyping 12tflops and 8K. And Sony should just stop with the tech talk altogether and just show games. The consoles haven’t been this outclassed before launch since, well ever... The PS5 and Xbox Series X feel like little kiddy toys after seeing the 3070, 3080 and 3090 today. PlayStation and Xbox were so worried about competing with each other and holding their own AMD cards close. The vendor they turned down, (Nvidia) just shat all over their plans for the next 5-7 years. Imagine if Xbox and/or PlayStation went with Nvidia and they used a 3060-3070 level GPU... Proper raytracing, DLSS. You know, proven features by the market leader. Instead we are gonna see further confirmation or the dud that is RDNA2. And a couple of 9-12tflop GPUs that compare to 6-8 Tflops GPUs from Nvidia’s old line...

Lol AMD

Sick Burn

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

Who?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@BassMan said:

Consoles just got shit on... hard. LOL

Extremely. Nvidia has basically destroyed any competition consoles had against PC. Not that they were really in direct competition, but there is a bit there especially regarding power and scalability of the PC.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

I hate to tell PC gamers but you will need also to buy a fast gen 4 m.2 drive to go along with a 3000 series card.

Hate to break it to you but RTXIO works with the 2000 series too. Also works with PCIe 3 and Sata Ssd's.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@fedor said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@BassMan said:

Show me the $500 PC that shits on consoles.

Peasant talk.

so im a peasant because i can't afford a 1500 gpu that doesn't even come with the rest you need to run it? your looking at over 3000 to get the best gaming pc if that cheap. i seen one on utube last night that cost 15,000 to have all the latest tech for each component.

even the cheaper gpu is the same price as these systems.

god were all sorry (not really) we are not rich like you but i am no peasant.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gifford38
@Fairmonkey said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: PCs can cost a little more than consoles if u want them too but it is so worth it. It's just better imo as someone who grew up on console

i would love to have a gaming pc but lets face it. its not a bit more money. if you buy even the cheaper 3000 gpu at 499 that does not include any thing. i can see if i bought a pc and up grated it little by little over the years. but i be starting from scratch.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7204 Posts

Wow, that 9.2tflops seems like a decade old hardware now.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@BassMan said:

Peasant talk.

so im a peasant because i can't afford a 1500 gputhat doesn't even come with the rest you need to run it? your looking at over 3000 to get the best gaming pc if that cheap. i seen one on utube last night that cost 15,000 to have all the latest tech for each component.

Why does it need to be a 3090? Everything shown by Nvidia shits on the consoles. The inevitable 3060 will shit on the consoles. Get a grip with that peasant talk.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

@gifford38: u could put as much money into it as you want. U could get all the parts but get a cheaper gpu, use it for a little while while continuing to save up, sell the cheaper gpu later, and upgrade if u want. If u shop smart and buy the minimum of what u need or buy parts on sale, it won't cost much more than console and you can do so much more

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@BassMan said:

Peasant talk.

so im a peasant because i can't afford a 1500 gputhat doesn't even come with the rest you need to run it? your looking at over 3000 to get the best gaming pc if that cheap. i seen one on utube last night that cost 15,000 to have all the latest tech for each component.

Why does it need to be a 3090? Everything shown by Nvidia shits on the consoles. The inevitable 3060 will shit on the consoles. Get a grip with that peasant talk.

because if im going to go pc i need a ssd that is not out yet to get the speed i want to match the ps5 which im sure its going to be expensive.

unless i buy the 3060 that has a decompression block like the ps5. then i can get a cheaper ssd.

i hate loading times.

but then i take that chance that i can't play ps5 exclusives.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Peasant talk.

because if im going to go pc i need a ssd that is not out yet to get the speed i want to match the ps5 which im sure its going to be expensive.

unless i buy the 3060 that has a decompression block like the ps5. then i can get a cheaper ssd.

i hate loading times.

Lol, no don't go PC. With your greatly deficient tech knowledge I would dread the poor Frankenstein PC you'd piece together.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts
@gifford38 said:

i hate loading times.

That's just a weak ass excuse. You can always buy a console as a secondary machine if you think its library is worth it...

Bunch of people on this forum do so.

Wanna see some some pics? LMAO

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Gifford38

@WESTBLADE85 said:
@gifford38 said:

i hate loading times.

That's just a weak ass excuse. You can always buy a console as a secondary machine if you think its library is worth it...

Bunch of people on this forum do so.

Wanna see some some pics? LMAO

i will buy a series x when fable drops. I will admit if they do say that ps5 games will come to pc i will buy a $3000 or more pc next year during tax season. because if that how its going to be i will buy one pc to play all.

but i do hate load times. im a open world player and it gets annoying like days gone how long they are. that is not a excuse.

but im not buying a ps5 and a pc i rather buy a series x at that price.

but it has to be 100% confirmed that the all ps5 will be on pc.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

in a month AMD will release their cards, the 6700XT based on big navi 2, that has all the nvidia features and be cheaper.

It wont have all the same features. If AMD does anything with upscaling it wont even be close to DLSS since it does not have dedicated hardware for it. Also with the XSX's hotchips reveal of the hardware shows that RDNA 2.0 does not have any dedicated AI hardware nor ray tracing hardware, it's using TMU's and CU's to do ray tracing which means that will eat into it's total normal rasterization performance. Hell Nvidia took a stab at XSX in the presentation with its RT performance around 13 RT TFLOPS for XSX while RTX 2080 has 34 RT TFLOPS and RTX 3080 has 58 RT TFLOPS.

If XSX has only 13 RT TFLOPS on a 52 CU RDNA 2.0 gpu. I doubting RDNA 2.0 on a 72/80CU Big NAVI will outright beat a RTX 2080ti or RTX 3070 in RT performance.

Hopefully RDNA 2.0 Big NAVI performs better than what has been explained so far

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

@gifford38 said:

i will buy a series x when fable drops. I will admit if they do say that ps5 games will come to pc i will buy a $3000 or more pc next year during tax season. because if that how its going to be i will buy one pc to play all.

but i do hate load times. im a open world player and it gets annoying like days gone how long they are. that is not a excuse.

Why would you suddenly need a top-end $3000 PC sporting a RTX 3090?

'Til this point you were dreaming of PS5, which is gonna be at the time of its release an equivalent of a low-end PC shill.

Even that Epic dev confirmed that any PC with a NVMe SSD and RTX 2070 can run that UE5 engine tech demo perfectly fine...

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

@fedor: What about the 3050?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fedor

@loco145 said:

@fedor: What about the 3050?

Haven't been any leaks regarding the 3050 so i can't say.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gifford38

@WESTBLADE85 said:
@gifford38 said:

'Til this point you were dreaming of PS5, which is gonna be at the time of its release an equivalent of a low-end PC shill.

Even that Epic dev confirmed that any PC with a NVMe SSD and RTX 2070 can run that UE5 engine tech demo perfectly fine...

low-end pc lol not quite. you do realize just lick the 3000 series they can use the ssd as vram in the ps5.

why do think sweeny exact quote was the ps5 ssd solution is top tier (not speed) and pc will follow suit=the 3000 series. its because the ps5 i/o decompression block and dma controller can use that data as vram.

no low end pc has a i/o decompression block like the ps5 or even the series x or the 3000 series.

and i still don't believe the epic dev crap because if the demo was running in real time he be controlling her instead we got a video that the character moved just like the unreal 5 demo. every movement and at the exact same time as the demo but yet he was hold up a laptop not even controlling her but she was moving in the demo? no if he was controlling her and moving differently than the unreal 5 demo shown on the ps5.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:
@gifford38 said:

low-end pc lol not quite. you do realize just lick the 3000 seriesthey can use the ssd as vram in the ps5.

Niether are "using the SSD as Vram", It's far too slow.

why do think sweeny exact quote was the ps5 ssd solution is top tier (not speed) and pc will follow suit=the 3000 series. its because the ps5 i/o decompression block and dma controller can use that data as vram.

Once again, it is not using the SSD as Vram.

no low end pc has a i/o decompression block like the ps5 or even the series x or the 3000 series.

There will be low end Ampere cards like the 3050ti that will likely be on par with if not better than PS5. RTXIO also works with any GPU with Tensor, so Turing as well.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@WESTBLADE85 said:
@gifford38 said:

low-end pc lol not quite. you do realize just lick the 3000 seriesthey can use the ssd as vram in the ps5.

There will be low end Ampere cards like the 3050ti that will likely be on par with if not better than PS5. RTXIO also works with any GPU with Tensor, so Turing as well.

wow you guys are not seeing the future change here. even the 3000 series the ssd data that goes through the i/o decompression block can be sent right to vram. no cpu is being touch at all during the decompression.

same as the ps5. because like the 3000 series is has a dma controller to tell were that data needs to go.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Spend thousand + and out perform consoles. Who knew?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:

wow you guys are not seeing the future change here. even the 3000 series the ssd data that goes through the i/o decompression block can be sent right to vram. no cpu is being touch at all during the decompression.

same as the ps5. because like the 3000 series is has a dma controller to tell were that data needs to go.

Streaming data to the GPU is not the same thing as using the SSD as Vram. This shouldn't even have to be explained to you. And for the dozenth time, The feature is on the 2000 series as well.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:

Streaming data to the GPU is not the same thing as using the SSD as Vram. This shouldn't even have to be explained to you. And for the dozenth time, The feature is on the 2000 series as well.

ok pedro says that the 3000 series the data goes to vram not the gpu

and you say it goes to the gpu not to vram. does the gpu take whats in vram?

2000 does not have a decompression block. the data coming from m the ssd or hhd has to be decompressed by a cpu were the

ps5 and 3000 gpu does not use cpu at all to decompress the data.

doesn't vram go through the gpu?

you guys told me that its impossibly to send data straight to the gpu.

im going to do my own research now. you guys can't make you mind up.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@abtoxin said:

Whelp for people are purchased the RTX 2000 series and what about AMD and there answer to this?

As someone who owned a 680, 780 Ti, 1080 Ti and now has a 2080 Ti.... You don't need to WHELP for me, its the console gamer's who are having heart attacks about a $599 console you should worry about.

I am currently debating if a 3090 is worth it or should I wait for a 3080 Super.

I dropped £250 last month on a 1TB NVME and another set of 16GB RAM so I can have 32GB's.

Whelp... Not for the people looking at 3080's we are all good in life.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:

2000 does not have a decompression block. the data coming from m the ssd or hhd has to be decompressed by a cpu were the

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on here, I want you to know that.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@blaznwiipspman1: it won’t beat the Nvidia 20 series cards, will run hotter and more power hungry, and flop at raytracing

Lol AMD

Well based on the fact RDNA2 52 CU chip in XSX loses to a RTX 2080 in Gears 5 and Minecraft RTX... Its safe to say a RTX 3080 that is almost 2x the performance of a RTX 2080 would need a GPU from AMD with 100 CU's at at least to compete.

Not to mention that big navi is rumoured to have 80 CU's... ITS clear AMD has no answer for a 3080 let alone a 3090. They will be competeting against a 2080 Ti and 3060/3070 cards, like they did with the Vega 56/64 and 5700/XT launches.

AMD with RDNA 2.0 will literally be the last two launches all over again for AMD two mid range GPU's that will use more power and be hotter than Nvidia, I can gaurentee that.

I have said it since they launched Navi, its sh** and can barely keep up with Turing TFLOP for TFLOP and doesn't scale well with increased CU's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-642321fb121ca

I won't discount AMD yet, there will be a HBM2e variant apparently.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

what was dumb about it? the fact that decompression is not done by the cpu now? the decompression block is doing that now not the cpu. cpu now can used for what its needs to do like AI etc.

same as the ps5 decompression block the ps5 cpu is not doing any compression.

you guys told me i was crazy to think that but now the 3000 is doing it your acting like you never said it. you and pedro.

you guys told me the ssd is not fast enough which is right but the i/o is.

so the 2000 series has a i/o decompression block?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Fedor

@Random_Matt said:

leaks say no HBM2e. it's apparently 16GB GDDR6 due to HBM2e being far too expensive.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

what was dumb about it? the fact that decompression is not done by the cpu now? the decompression block is doing that now not the cpu. cpu now can used for what its needs to do like AI etc.

you guys told me i was crazy to think that but now the 3000 is doing it your acting like you never said it. you and pedro.

RTXIO already is confirmed to work with the 2000 series. The SSD/IO is not fast enough to be used as Vram, literally nobody, not Cerny, not Sweeney, not Spencer, not Su, nor Jensen have made such a claim. Maybe try watching the Nvidia presentation so you don't ask me these stupid questions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-642321fb121ca

@fedor said:
@Random_Matt said:

leaks say no HBM2e. it's apparently 16GB GDDR6 due to HBM2e being far too expensive.

Yesterday Rogane said otherwise, no idea if he/she is reliable.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fedor

@Random_Matt said:
@fedor said:
@Random_Matt said:

Yesterday Rogane said otherwise, no idea if he/she is reliable.

I mean you never know, the people who were getting stuff like 8nm and launch details correct about Ampere have been saying no HBM.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

RTXIO already is confirmed to work with the 2000 series. The SSD/IO is not fast enough to be used as Vram, literally nobody, not Cerny, not Sweeney, not Spencer, not Su, nor Jensen have made such a claim. Maybe try watching the Nvidia presentation so you don't ask me these stupid questions.

Since consoles use a shared VRAM/DRAM memory pool (in this case, Project Scarlett's 16GB of GDDR6 memory), it's not unrealistic that the custom SSD tech could indeed use the SSD as a VRAM buffer.

Here's how Microsoft described Project Scarlett's SSD capabilities:

"We've created a new generation of SSD. We're actually using the SSD as virtual RAM. We're seeing more than 40x performance increases over the current generation," Microsoft said in the Project Scarlett E3 2019 reveal video.

"The combination of the SoC and the solid state drive are really what gives you a totally new experience."

"Now we can take all of that power and apply all of that back into the scene, and generate more life into that world and bring it to the gamer in a seamless way."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69185/project-scarlett-use-proprietary-ssd-tech-supercharge-speeds/index.html

thats the series x never mind the ps5 that is twice as fast and the main chip that has a dma controller to tell were that data needs to go.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

Since consoles use a shared VRAM/DRAM memory pool (in this case, Project Scarlett's 16GB of GDDR6 memory), it's not unrealistic that the custom SSD tech could indeed use the SSD as a VRAM buffer.

Here's how Microsoft described Project Scarlett's SSD capabilities:

"We've created a new generation of SSD. We're actually using the SSD as virtual RAM. We're seeing more than 40x performance increases over the current generation," Microsoft said in the Project Scarlett E3 2019 reveal video.

"The combination of the SoC and the solid state drive are really what gives you a totally new experience."

"Now we can take all of that power and apply all of that back into the scene, and generate more life into that world and bring it to the gamer in a seamless way."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69185/project-scarlett-use-proprietary-ssd-tech-supercharge-speeds/index.html

thats the series x never mind the ps5 that is twice as fast and the main chip that has a dma controller to tell were that data needs to go.

Vram and virtual ram are 2 completely different things. Stop digging for your "gotcha" moment, you only make yourself look more clueless.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gifford38

@fedor said:

Vram and virtual ram are 2 completely different things. Stop digging for your "gotcha" moment, you only make yourself look more clueless.

ow yeah my bad lol the video and virtual. ok i admit you got me lol.

now i got to go look up virtual ram lol.

i want to take a computer course so bad lol. i hate trying to make sense of all this next gen tech crap being spewed.

but above it says vram buffer i highlighted the wrong one lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

ow yeah my bad lol the video and virtual. ok i admit you got me lol.

now i got to go look up virtual ram lol.

i want to take a computer course so bad lol. i hate trying to make sense of all this next gen tech crap being spewed.

but above it says vram buffer i highlighted the wrong one lol.

A Vram buffer is not the same thing as it being used as Vram. It's too slow to be used as Vram.