Its official the PS3 has made a game that looks better then Crysis!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Yet console games look like plutonium-infused African elephant **** with 10 year old garbage juice compared to Crysis. Hmm, I wonder what consoles graphics are then, if Crysis is overhyped... Oh wait, you're using double standards to make consoles look better, my bad.

12345678ew

The technology that has been infused in that will no doubt cancel out the 10 year old console technology and therefore will be slightly more powerful than the most powerful PC. hahaha

And if you took that by itself.....holy crap.....well we would have desktop computers powerful enough to run the software that simulates human intelligence.

we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out. idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium D

'True' simulations of the brain most likely wont occur until we have the processing speed required to do so. This is also what will allow true artificial intelligence to be created. (once the software that is needed to run with the hardware is created)

I dont think Ive read the Stanford study but I would think that they took maybe 5 seconds and expanded it to hours. They can get an idea but the really cool simulations wont happen until they can simulate it in real time.

hahaha... Are you saying that we can combine a bunch of 'crap' to create a computer that can process two bits of information at once?

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#302 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
Ehh no.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one. Anyway, while it is true that you can simulate a more-powerful machine with a less-powerful one, you pay for it: usually in that it takes this side of eternity to complete. And last I checked, 3D rendering in gaming is time-sensitive.

washd123

technically you can simulate anything on anything doesnt mean itll be accurate.

But there has to be some degree of accuracy. Otherwise, it fails to fit the definition of a simulation.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Trmpt

[QUOTE="12345678ew"][QUOTE="Trmpt"]

The technology that has been infused in that will no doubt cancel out the 10 year old console technology and therefore will be slightly more powerful than the most powerful PC. hahaha

And if you took that by itself.....holy crap.....well we would have desktop computers powerful enough to run the software that simulates human intelligence.

HuusAsking

we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out. idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium D

Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one. Anyway, while it is true that you can simulate a more-powerful machine with a less-powerful one, you pay for it: usually in that it takes this side of eternity to complete. And last I checked, 3D rendering in gaming is time-sensitive.

I think your saying that quantum computers are going to have more processing power than a human brain and therefore it wouldnt be fair for it to be the type of computer to pass a test that is supposed to see whether or not machine intelligence is at human level, which isnt exactly right because 'standard computers' are going to be able to pass it with a certain amount of processing power and software that is complex enough to do so. So what happens when processing power far exceeds the power of the brain? Just because it is far more powerful than a human brain it cant be allowed to pass the Turing test? I dont think that is true because computers are going to leave huimans in the dust in areas that include processiing power. Just because it is more powerful than a human doesnt mean that it cant be allowed to paa the Turing test. I mean that doesnt sound right at all.

If there is some other reason that creates the situation that makes quantum computers incompatible with the turing test I would like to know. Other than the reason that I explained above I would also think that you said that because of how it processes two bits of information at once.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]

[QUOTE="12345678ew"]we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out. idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium DTrmpt

Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one. Anyway, while it is true that you can simulate a more-powerful machine with a less-powerful one, you pay for it: usually in that it takes this side of eternity to complete. And last I checked, 3D rendering in gaming is time-sensitive.

I think your saying that quantum computers are going to have more processing power than a human brain and therefore it wouldnt be fair for it to be the type of computer to pass a test that is supposed to see whether or not machine intelligence is at human level, which isnt exactly right because 'standard computers' are going to be able to pass it with a certain amount of processing power and software that is complex enough to do so. So what happens when processing power far exceeds the power of the brain? Just because it is far more powerful than a human brain it cant be allowed to pass the Turing test? I dont think that is true because computers are going to leave huimans in the dust in areas that include processiing power. Just because it is more powerful than a human doesnt mean that it cant be allowed to paa the Turing test. I mean that doesnt sound right at all.

If there is some other reason that creates the situation that makes quantum computers incompatible with the turing test I would like to know. Other than the reason that I explained above I would also think that you said that because of how it processes two bits of information at once.

Not the Turing test--the Turing machine.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Trmpt

*head explodes* :P on topic, no. heavy rain is certainly no slouch, but i think crysis has considerably better graphics.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Trmpt

Not the Turing test--the Turing machine.HuusAsking

Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one.HuusAsking

Oh so you're saying that a turing complient computer cant simulate a quantum computer because it is incapable of running things as fast as a quantum computer?

If it is a 'turing machine' that means that it past the 'turing test'. Once it passes the turing test it is only going to improve in performance. So I would think that 'turing machines' will eventually get to the point where it is as powerful as a quantum computer and therefore would be able to simulate it. What if the 'turing machine' replaces its hardware with something that resembles a quantum computer?

This is all taking into consideration that quantum computers are actually going to be VASTLY superior to what current computers are capable of doing at the time of the creation of the quantum computer.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]

Not the Turing test--the Turing machine.Trmpt

Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one.HuusAsking

Oh so you're saying that a turing complient computer cant simulate a quantum computer because it is incapable of running things as fast as a quantum computer?

If it is a 'turing machine' that means that it past the 'turing test'. Once it passes the turing test it is only going to improve in performance. So I would think that 'turing machines' will eventually get to the point where it is as powerful as a quantum computer and therefore would be able to simulate it. What if the 'turing machine' replaces its hardware with something that resembles a quantum computer?

This is all taking into consideration that quantum computers are actually going to be VASTLY superior to what current computers are capable of doing at the time of the creation of the quantum computer.

I'm saying a linear or Turing-compliant computer (that is, any computer that could reduce to a Turing machine) cannot properly simulate a quantum computer because they don't work on the same principles. A quantum computer cannot be reduced to a Turing machine--that's why I say it's not Turing-compliant.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]Quantum computers are nonlinear computers and therefore not Turing-compliant. You can't simulate a quantum computer with a Turing-compliant one.HuusAsking

I'm saying a linear or Turing-compliant computer (that is, any computer that could reduce to a Turing machine) cannot properly simulate a quantum computer because they don't work on the same principles. A quantum computer cannot be reduced to a Turing machine--that's why I say it's not Turing-compliant.

So your definition of a Turing computer is that it is a linear machine. What if a non-linear turing complient machine is created after the first linear type one? Things gain more complexity as time goes on.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="Trmpt"]

Trmpt

So your definition of a Turing computer is that it is a linear machine. What if a non-linear turing complient machine is created after the first linear type one? Things gain more complexity as time goes on.

Then it's no longer a Turing machine. Linearity is part of the definition and design.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#311 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts
lol, this thread as been seriously derailed :P
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 clone01
lol, this thread as been seriously derailed :Pnavyguy21
no doubt. someone call the engineer!
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#313 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
lol, this thread as been seriously derailed :Pnavyguy21
It's for the best. At least the argument now makes sense.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]lol, this thread as been seriously derailed :Pkieranb2000

Crysis wins again. Yay... :/
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]I'm saying a linear or Turing-compliant computer (that is, any computer that could reduce to a Turing machine) cannot properly simulate a quantum computer because they don't work on the same principles. A quantum computer cannot be reduced to a Turing machine--that's why I say it's not Turing-compliant.HuusAsking

Then it's no longer a Turing machine. Linearity is part of the definition and design.

I just read the definition of 'turing machine'. It does run in a linear way. The way I was thnking of it was that any type of computer that is capable of passing the Turing test is a turing complient machine, regardless of how it crunches the numbers.

How did it get to a 'turing machine' anyway lol? We were talking about simulating human intelegence, which would involve the 'turing test', not a 'turing machine'. I was saying how quantum computers will be usable in passing the turing test.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="navyguy21"]lol, this thread as been seriously derailed :PTruedUp

Maybe when Crysis 2 comes out, PS3 owners will be able to claim they have a game that looks better than Crysis. Doubtful, but possible.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 TruedUp

[QUOTE="TruedUp"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] It's for the best. At least the argument now makes sense.kieranb2000

Maybe when Crysis 2 comes out, PS3 owners will be able to claim they have a game that looks better than Crysis. Doubtful, but possible.

Is crysis 2 on PC as well, or just consoles? Too lazy to google. :/

EDIT: Screw it, googled it. Yeah it's on the PC, so technically, the PC version would still look better? Atleast it would make sense if it did...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 clone01
[QUOTE="TruedUp"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] It's for the best. At least the argument now makes sense.kieranb2000

i have found that many PS3 owners have an obsession with graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="TruedUp"] Crysis wins again. Yay... :/TruedUp

EDIT: Screw it, googled it. Yeah it's on the PC, so technically, the PC version would still look better? Atleast it would make sense if it did...

Oh yes the PC version will definitely look better. But if Crytek pull some clever tricks, then maybe the PS3 version will look better than the first game did on PC. It isn't likely, but it could happen.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 TruedUp
[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="TruedUp"]

Maybe when Crysis 2 comes out, PS3 owners will be able to claim they have a game that looks better than Crysis. Doubtful, but possible.kieranb2000

Oh yes the PC version will definitely look better. But if Crytek pull some clever tricks, then maybe the PS3 version will look better than the first game did on PC. It isn't likely, but it could happen.

Hell, even that would be pretty impressive. Possible though, look at the optimization difference between the original and Warhead. Made a big difference in performance. Hardcore FPS drops might pop up though.
Avatar image for Fanboi_Roadkill
Fanboi_Roadkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Fanboi_Roadkill
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
That looks horrible, seriously what's the point of having amazing character models if they act like a plank of wood. Oh no! You have a gun to my face and i'm lacking any emotion! I'll stop you with my blank face!
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

Oh yes the PC version will definitely look better. But if Crytek pull some clever tricks, then maybe the PS3 version will look better than the first game did on PC. It isn't likely, but it could happen.kieranb2000

anythin could 'look' better but itll never have better graphics.

already it looks like mediumhigh settings at 720pat best theyll hit high settings

Knight-of-NINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Knight-of-NINE
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

Wow just saw the screenshots, and i have seen crysis gameplay and screenshots, and i can honestly say Heavy Rain's graphics blows crysis graphics away.

So don't worry about the flaming you receive, thats just jealous PC fanboys that now have no choice but to whine to themselves that a console has finally matched and maybe exceeded there supposed superior PC hardware, meanwhile they'll never admit it in this forum, but those screenshots prove the true power of the PS3 is finally being utilized.

Now not only are the PC's being matched graphically, but the 360 is being left in the dust graphically...good find man. Heavy Rain and PS3 rule and i can't wait to get my hands on that game.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

But if Crytek pull some clever tricks, then maybe the PS3 version will look better than the first game did on PC. It isn't likely, but it could happen.kieranb2000

Impossible would be better fitting.

Honestly how does anyone think it could happen? Never mind all CryEngine 3 media that has been released, a little bit of hardware knowledge should have alarm bells going off with anyone.

Again my texture analogy from before explains why this is impossible.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="Trmpt"]

Trmpt

I just read the definition of 'turing machine'. It does run in a linear way. The way I was thnking of it was that any type of computer that is capable of passing the Turing test is a turing complient machine, regardless of how it crunches the numbers.

How did it get to a 'turing machine' anyway lol? We were talking about simulating human intelegence, which would involve the 'turing test', not a 'turing machine'. I was saying how quantum computers will be usable in passing the turing test.

We were talking about computing power and the ability to create lifelike graphics. Someone brought up the quantum computer, then someone (as a joke) brought up that any computer could simulate any other computer. Then, as is my style, I stepped in with the reality check and pointed out that a quantum computer is nonlinear and thus non-Turing (I took a full run of CS in college) and therefore cannot be reasonably simulated by a Turing-compliant (in this case, meaning one that can be reduced to a Turing machine).
anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#326 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts

Wow just saw the screenshots, and i have seen crysis gameplay and screenshots, and i can honestly say Heavy Rain's graphics blows crysis graphics away.

So don't worry about the flaming you receive, thats just jealous PC fanboys that now have no choice but to whine to themselves that a console has finally matched and maybe exceeded there supposed superior PC hardware, meanwhile they'll never admit it in this forum, but those screenshots prove the true power of the PS3 is finally being utilized.

Now not only are the PC's being matched graphically, but the 360 is being left in the dust graphically...good find man. Heavy Rain and PS3 rule and i can't wait to get my hands on that game.

Knight-of-NINE

heavy rain is just button sequences. thats just boring, its an interactive movie thats just boring

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#327 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

Knight-of-NINE

It would greatly save your credibility if you knew what a computer was.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="HuusAsking"]Then it's no longer a Turing machine. Linearity is part of the definition and design.HuusAsking

We were talking about computing power and the ability to create lifelike graphics. Someone brought up the quantum computer, then someone (as a joke) brought up that any computer could simulate any other computer. Then, as is my **** I stepped in with the reality check and pointed out that a quantum computer is nonlinear and thus non-Turing (I took a full run of CS in college) and therefore cannot be reasonably simulated by a Turing-compliant (in this case, meaning one that can be reduced to a Turing machine).

You must have misinterpreted the post haha, because we were talking about simulating human intelligence.

The Turing 'test' is completely different from the Turing 'machine' and it really had no relevancy to the core discussion. (the subdiscussion that is)

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 HuusAsking

You must have misinterpreted the post haha, because we were talking about simulating human intelligence.

The Turing 'test' is completely different from the Turing 'machine' and it really had no relevancy to the core discussion. (the subdiscussion that is)

Trmpt

I was answering specifically to this:

we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out. idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium D12345678ew
I was pointing out that you can't simulate a quantum computer with a Pentium D, since they're too different. You could simulate a Core 2 or Core i7 with a Pentium D (just not very well), but forget quantum computers (since they are nonlinear).

I was the one who brought up Turing--in this case, the Turing machine, to point out that quantum computers, being nonlinear, cannot be reduced to a Turing machine like the ones before us now. It was to show they were too dissimilar.

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
Oh look, another game that looks nowhere near as good as Crysis. Move along.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

HuusAsking

we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out. idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium D12345678ew
I was pointing out that you can't simulate a quantum computer with a Pentium D, since they're too different. You could simulate a Core 2 or Core i7 with a Pentium D (just not very well), but forget quantum computers (since they are nonlinear).

I see what you were trying to say now. And yeah, linear computers cant simulate linear ones. There was confusion about what you were trying to say when you mentioned the turing 'machine' . You should have made that distinction before I wasted my time going off on something else then lol.
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 i_have_skills
Member since 2006 • 688 Posts

I still dont know how this is being argued over. If a game is made to fully push a computer to it's max ( or whatever max is at that time) it will always look better, I am a ps3 fan boy, but nothing can even compare close..CLOSE to a fully loaded pc. Crysis at maxc settings on a loaded pc is almost to good for your eye's to even see. My friend has a $4,000 custom pc and wow. I'v never seen anything like it. When he puts crysis on max setting's everything looks so damn real. You even have like a mile draw distance with over hundreds of things going on and IT ALL LOOKS GOOD STILL! Dont want to admit, but crysis win's end of story. If that wont convinve you just look at what the minimum and reccomended requirments are for crysis, thsoe settings which arent max are about what a ps3 or even a 360 put out at 3/4 power to maxed out.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#333 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

This thread shows that cows really wanted graphic kings after last gen when the Xbox beats the PS2 in specs but not in games. And now they go against PC? Now I see why we have console graphic kings and not just graphics kings.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Now I see why we have console graphic kings and not just graphics kings.

mitu123

They exclude PC from any graphics comparison thread, criticising PC gamers when they try to take part, then they go make threads like this :roll:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#335 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Now I see why we have console graphic kings and not just graphics kings.

AnnoyedDragon

They exclude PC from any graphics comparison thread, criticising PC gamers when they try to take part, then they go make threads like this :roll:

I can see the hypocrisy in them, it's a shame too. I predict God of War 3 will be next, LOL.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 TruedUp
[QUOTE="Knight-of-NINE"]

Are you serious? Is this guy serious? Anyone? Ok, then my version of Chess on W7 looks better than anything on the consoles (lol no not really, but I had to throw in a ridiculous comment to match his.) You are pretty much comparing a Pre-Rendered CGI movie to a video game. Stop kidding yourself. Crysis in motion blows Heavy Rain away. Noone here is saying that Heavy Rain isnt impressive-looking, but thats by console standards. The PS3 is not matching the PC graphically. :-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

The topic title is still making me cry though. Then and Than mix-ups are...disgraceful. Seeing one is like watching the scene in Bambi where [spoiler] Bambi's mother dies. [/spoiler]

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Trmpt

[QUOTE="12345678ew"]we do. have u seen the study at stanford? by simulating a more powerful chip, on a real chip, you can figure out what the simulated one figures out.idk about you, but it sounds to me like you could repeat that enough times to beat a quantum computer with a pentium DHuusAsking

I was the one who brought up Turing--in this case, the Turing machine, to point out that quantum computers, being nonlinear, cannot be reduced to a Turing machine like the ones before us now. It was to show they were too dissimilar.

This is really late but I was just re-redeading some posts and noticed that you said that a turing 'machine' cant simulate a quantum one, which is true. But I think that the poster was trying to say that you can beat a quantum computer with a turing one that has enough power. This would never happen though because quantum computers are going to take over and linear computers will most likely stop advancing because they would start concentrating on the quantum type of computer.

So the original idea was that since you can use a less powerful chip to simulate a more powerful one you could, theoretically, take a less powerful chip and combine a bunch of them to beat a quantum computer, not in the sense of actually simulating it, but in the sense that you could figure out what it is doing faster than what was possible by the quantum computer, or beat it in a race.

streloksbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 streloksbolt
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

This is the worst System Wars thread in a month.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#340 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Oh a cgi movie broken up with QTE's.............meh

vaderhater
What this guy said.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
34 pages for this crappy flamebait? Really :?
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#342 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I'm a huge PS3 fan, but even I disagree.

8Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#343 8Tango
Member since 2009 • 1953 Posts
I think this thread can pretty much be summed up by the words of Mr Bob Dylan. "And you see this one eyed midget, shouting the word now and you say for what reason, and he says how and you say what does this mean and he screams back your a cow! Give me some milk or else go home" Well maybe not........... But stop trying to rush this. There will be a game which looks better than Crysis on consoles at some point. But thats not going to be for a while.