Its official the PS3 has made a game that looks better then Crysis!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Why Heavy Rain looks good its not even aclose race man.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#102 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Heavy Rain and Crysis are tied, there. Can I say that? Well I did, now stop arguing.

And no, Alan Wake dones not look better than either games, Killzone is not the graphics king, and neither is Gears.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
 No, HR doesn't look better.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I never said anything about Heavy Rain in my post.

swazidoughman

Both pics are at barely 1024 x 800; the screenshots aren't from my own PC but at these resolutions I can assure you that mi GTX 275 can move Crysis with these level of quality and antialisasing widely over 30 fps without a problem. In fact, I play at 1680 x 1050 but without AA in enthusiast settings at more than 40 fps. With the new 5870 (at sell in 23th of this month) Crysis probably can run at 1080p AAX4 at max settings with a single GPU.

Both are real and framerrate viable. If you want a really unbeliable pics about Crysis at unplayable framerrate I can post some ones very close to real life photos. But any new week means a new frame they gain.

Despite this, I really like the technical and artistical merits from Heavy Rain: it looks fantastic.

makincopies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 makincopies
Member since 2009 • 694 Posts

heavy rain's character models are like the only console game that you can compare to crysis

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Yes maybe in some alternate reality where games like crysis don't exist,no going to happen and never will. The screenshots aren't even 720p ( i wonder why ) and they still look like bullshots.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#108 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

56k GTFO NOW before your computer explodes :P

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Hanass

Crysis graphics are so over hyped at this point it doesn't even look as amazing as they claim it does. Bread_or_Decide

Yet console games look like plutonium-infused African elephant **** with 10 year old garbage juice compared to Crysis. Hmm, I wonder what consoles graphics are then, if Crysis is overhyped... Oh wait, you're using double standards to make consoles look better, my bad.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
yes heavy rain will make the ps3 not only console graphics king, but Graphics King.sexxxyboy
Ell Ooohhhh Ell. This post made me laugh. You do realize that PC is the graphics King and Crysis is the best looking game anyone has ever seen.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

*sigh* Why do I even need this bookmark anymore? There are so many Cows will never be able to deny they had these ridiculous discussions, just like they deny ever comparing all those other games to Crysis.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Crysis graphics are so over hyped at this point it doesn't even look as amazing as they claim it does. Hanass

Yet console games look like plutonium-infused African elephant **** with 10 year old garbage juice compared to Crysis. Hmm, I wonder what consoles graphics are then, if Crysis is overhyped... Oh wait, you're using double standards to make consoles look better, my bad.

Plutonium-infused African elephant? That sounds really cool actually :lol: Like something out of the Fallout universe.
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts
PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :o
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Crysis graphics are so over hyped at this point it doesn't even look as amazing as they claim it does. tagyhag

Plutonium-infused African elephant? That sounds really cool actually :lol: Like something out of the Fallout universe.

I said Elephant crap (see the four stars there?).

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Vadamee
PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :o
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Hanass

PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :oVadamee

It helps to know what you're talking about before posting... "devmode" ONLY enables cheats and allows you to disable the HUD for nicer screenshots...

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#118 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Fakeboy level 1 imo...

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :oVadamee

A little bit of advice in case you didn't know.

1) PC games run at higher resolutions than console games, downscaling these screenshots to fit within this forum size has an impact on jaggies.

2) PC has much higher AA options than consoles.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Graphically, HR is a mile behind. Realism is another debate, but realism doesn't equate to graphical fidelity.

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
Wow, you've never played Crysis on "Very High" apparently. Not only are ALL of the visuals better, but the native resolutions are much higher as well...
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#122 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"]PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :oHanass

It helps to know what you're talking about before posting... "devmode" ONLY enables cheats and allows you to disable the HUD for nicer screenshots...

This. Those are all in-game screenshots, the writing in the top right corner of them actually PROVES this, as that can only be turned on by opening the console and typing "R_displayinfo 1" and Crytek never released ANY screenshots with that over it.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Crysis graphics are so over hyped at this point it doesn't even look as amazing as they claim it does. Hanass

The technology that has been infused in that will no doubt cancel out the 10 year old console technology and therefore will be slightly more powerful than the most powerful PC. hahaha

And if you took that by itself.....holy crap.....well we would have desktop computers powerful enough to run the software that simulates human intelligence.

TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts
do you even know what devmode means? i only play crysis now in devmode. after you beat it, it's a good way to type in console commands when you need it. pppsshhh trying to say devmode is cheating or using some other sort of pre rendered visual effect.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

"NO DOOD!!!! Crysis is 50,000 megapixels and the textures are so much better than Heavy Rain!!!"

...Does it really matter if they are better or not?.

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 -GeordiLaForge-

"NO DOOD!!!! Crysis is 50,000 megapixels and the textures are so much better than Heavy Rain!!!"

awssk8er716
No, but someone spreading misinformation is taken seriously in System Wars. I'm just down here in hell because I'm bored, and System Wars is more fast paced than the other forum segments...
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Hanass

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

-GeordiLaForge-

No, but someone spreading misinformation is taken seriously in System Wars. I'm just down here in hell because I'm bored, and System Wars is more fast paced than the other forum segments...

Agreed on that one. SW is one if the best time wasters ever invented.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Vadamee

[QUOTE="Vadamee"]PS. Seems some of these hermits are no better than the "Consolites." Some of those Crysis shots are bullshots, taken in the SDK and upscaled to some extreme resolution and then downsized and passed off as actual game play. Hell, some of the screen shots up above even says "devmode" on the info pane. :lol: I honestly thought the PC fanboys where of higher class than the console ones :oHanass

It helps to read the context of my post before you quote me. I simply alluded to the fact that you can upscale Crysis to an insane resolution in developer mode and then downscale to make it look as though its of higher quality. I never said the pictures that YOU posted were bullshots. With that said, I do not believe the picture of the Korean in camouflage that ondaval posted is game play. The visual fidelity between the picture of that Korean and the American soldier is too different - Or that could be just a bad screen of the American Soldier.
A little bit of advice in case you didn't know. 1) PC games run at higher resolutions than console games, downscaling these screenshots to fit within this forum size has an impact on jaggies. 2) PC has much higher AA options than consoles.AnnoyedDragon
Thanks but I never said otherwise; I never mentioned consoles. :) I do not believe those Heavy Rain screenshots are gameplay either. I'm not even sure if Heavy Rain is a video game :|
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

[QUOTE="Lethargika"]

Lionheart08

Holy crap, that's from Crysis?! :shock:

... I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not! :cry:

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

I said Elephant crap (see the four stars there?).

Yea I know, but a plutonium-infused African elephant is the only known layer of the rare plutonium-infused **** :P
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Lethargika"]

Lionheart08

Holy crap, that's from Crysis?! :shock:

If Crytek lives up to what it promised it will be somewhat like that (but not quite) when 2013 comes along.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Vadamee
If Crytek lives up to what it promised it will be somewhat like that (but not quite) when 2013 comes along.Trmpt
Your talking about A.I for hundreds of thousands of hairs, seemingly infinite grains of dirt and grass all with per pixel shading? Computer graphics won't be that good come 2013 and certainly not with rasterization. Ray-tracing, perhaps.
Vaultn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Vaultn00b
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts

Quoting myself from another thread: Each time a new console game releases that has above average visuals everyone starts to believe that it will look better than Crysis. I'm certain that Heavy Rain will look good but no console game will ever be on par with the graphics of Crysis.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

I feel like playing Crysis again now...

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Trmpt
[QUOTE="Trmpt"]If Crytek lives up to what it promised it will be somewhat like that (but not quite) when 2013 comes along.Vadamee
Your talking about A.I for hundreds of thousands of hairs, seemingly infinite grains of dirt and grass all with per pixel shading? Computer graphics won't be that good come 2013 and certainly not with rasterization. Ray-tracing, perhaps.

They said that they hope that they will be able to create "Ice Age like graphics" in 2013. And if you take the amount of power that will be needed to pull that off I say that it could come close. I mean look at the level of detail in Crysis, they are able to create that today.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]If Crytek lives up to what it promised it will be somewhat like that (but not quite) when 2013 comes along.Vadamee

Heh, hey.. graphics are evolving rapidly. Remember back in 2004, when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 came out? Those were the "leap" within graphics and physics. Those game were the "next gen graphics". And the leap was even bigger with Crysis, and there's only 3 years between them. In just A FEW YEARS, we will have graphics that replicate real life. 9 Years ago we had The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. In LESS than 10 years, look at how graphics have evolved. Look at how graphics have evolved in just 5 years (Far Cry, Halo 2, Half-Life 2). So, imagine graphics in just 3 years from now. We'll get pretty close if not identical to that bear.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Hanass

Haha, even Half Life 2 looks almost as good as Heavy Rain LMAO.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="Trmpt"]If Crytek lives up to what it promised it will be somewhat like that (but not quite) when 2013 comes along.wapahala

Heh, hey.. graphics are evolving rapidly. Remember back in 2004, when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 came out? Those were the "leap" within graphics and physics. Those game were the "next gen graphics". And the leap was even bigger with Crysis, and there's only 3 years between them. In just A FEW YEARS, we will have graphics that replicate real life. 9 Years ago we had The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. In LESS than 10 years, look at how graphics have evolved. Look at how graphics have evolved in just 5 years (Far Cry, Halo 2, Half-Life 2). So, imagine graphics in just 3 years from now. We'll get pretty close if not identical to that bear.

I agree, tech moves at an exponential rate. Processors get twice as fast every year so I think it is completely possible.
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 -GeordiLaForge-

Ignore the hermits TC. Crysis has crap graphics. Super Mario Galaxy looks better than crysis. :lol:

Rob0_Jesus
And the dumbest post of the day award goes toooooooo.... you. Congrats
Tauu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#141 Tauu
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

Eh, whatever. It's the gameplay that matters. If you want to obsess over great visuals, watch a movie, or take up photography... or something.

ycole11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ycole11
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts

Heavy Rain does look good, but Crysis is just on a different level.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#143 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Open world? No?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]*munches popcorn*XxSTILL_BORNxX
Hey! throw me a popcorn too, do you have the one with the caramel? *Opens beer*

Hey, I got cookies. :cry:

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 coltss
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts

o no u didnt !!!!!!

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
sure you can make a small world console game look better than crysis but try and get better graphics than crysis with a world and physics on the same scale. It wont happen this gen.
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Ignore the hermits TC. Crysis has crap graphics. Super Mario Galaxy looks better than crysis. :lol:

-GeordiLaForge-

Does the truth hurt man? Its ok, maybe 3 gens from now we will see a game that can touch heavy rain graphically. :lol:

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#148 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
:lol: joke thread?
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tagyhag

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

Does the truth hurt man? Its ok, maybe 3 gens from now we will see a game that can touch heavy rain graphically. :lol:

There should really be a mandatory IQ entrance exam to be able to post here.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

:lol: joke thread?johnny27

I assure you its not. The overrated Crysis has been brought to its knees by Heavy Rain. The Hermits wont admit it though.