Its official the PS3 has made a game that looks better then Crysis!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]And the dumbest post of the day award goes toooooooo.... you. Congratstagyhag

Does the truth hurt man? Its ok, maybe 3 gens from now we will see a game that can touch heavy rain graphically. :lol:

There should really be a mandatory IQ entrance exam to be able to post here.

Youre right. Anyone that thinks poor Crysis looks better than Heavy Rain needs their eyes examined.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#152 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Ugh, I knew cows would use Heavy Rain. The character models are stunning, yes, but the environments are, well, yeah.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Ugh, I knew cows would use Heavy Rain. The character models are stunning, yes, but the environments are, well, yeah.

mitu123

That sig... um... WOW.

:shock:

HARMlessENEMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 HARMlessENEMY
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

All you PC fans out there that didnt think the PS3 can make as good as graphics as crysis where wrong dead wrong look how detailed the characters faces are in Heavy Rain they look real and the game still has months to look even better.. Thats the power of the PS3 baby. http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5129 heman930

I approve this message.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#155 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

organic_machine

That sig... um... WOW.

:shock:

Exactly, that's all there needs to be said.:P*Getting 2nd thoughts*

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts

[QUOTE="heman930"]All you PC fans out there that didnt think the PS3 can make as good as graphics as crysis where wrong dead wrong look how detailed the characters faces are in Heavy Rain they look real and the game still has months to look even better.. Thats the power of the PS3 baby. http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5129 HARMlessENEMY

I approve this message.

Even the character models aren't close to that of Crysis. You can see every little pore in the faces of the characters in Crysis...
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="HARMlessENEMY"]

[QUOTE="heman930"]All you PC fans out there that didnt think the PS3 can make as good as graphics as crysis where wrong dead wrong look how detailed the characters faces are in Heavy Rain they look real and the game still has months to look even better.. Thats the power of the PS3 baby. http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5129 -GeordiLaForge-

I approve this message.

Even the character models aren't close to that of Crysis. You can see every little pore in the faces of the characters in Crysis...

No way. Youre overexaggerating Crysis. :|

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Heavy Rain is an example of a game that values graphics above all else. They don't have the typical game scenarios to consider like multiple AIs, physics, environmental interaction etc. so they take advantage of Cell being a hybrid processor to cannibalize nearly all game logic related performance to polish up its eye candy. The quick time event style game play in this game doesn't tax the hardware at all, it's essentially a interactive cut scene.

Even then the game is still behind Crysis, there are stuff like textures which no amount of processing power can accommodate, PS3 has 256mb Vram while a game like Crysis has 512mb or more in mind. Even with Cell backing RSX it isn't going to compete with a 240 core stream processor either.

PS3 users that make threads like this are essentially the ultimate graphics whores, people who value graphics above all else and have little to no interest in how the game actually plays. I personally hate quick time events, so a game based entirely on pushing buttons at certain times to make different things happen doesn't sound fun at all.

I'm sure Heavy Rain will make an interesting interactive story, Crysis on the other hand is an actual game that has giant environments and hardware taxing game play to consider.

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"][QUOTE="HARMlessENEMY"]

I approve this message.

Rob0_Jesus

No way. Youre overexaggerating Crysis. :|

Watch the opening scene of Crysis in 1080p. When Prophet is in your face, you can see the pores in his face rendered in 3D...
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 AnnoyedDragon

Watch the opening scene of Crysis in 1080p. When Prophet is in your face, you can see the pores in his face rendered in 3D...-GeordiLaForge-

Don't take that guy seriously, he is clearly making bait comments to annoy people.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Oh god... I cannot stop laughing. It hurts, it hurts so bad... my sides are seriously killing me. - C'mon, enough of these threads, no, really. I have a PS3, I have a high-end PC. Nothing on the PS3 comes anywhere close to Crysis visually - and let's not even get started on Crysis Warhead, which looks even better. Heavy Rain isn't in the same room as Crysis, and yes, it looks good, but no, it's no Crysis. It's idiotic to even compare them, given that Heavy Rain is a movie with quick-time events, while Crysis is an open world where you can literally do things almost any way you would like.
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Rob0_Jesus

Heavy Rain is an example of a game that values graphics above all else. They don't have the typical game scenarios to consider like multiple AIs, physics, environmental interaction etc. so they take advantage of Cell being a hybrid processor to cannibalize nearly all game logic related performance to polish up its eye candy. The quick time event style game play in this game doesn't tax the hardware at all, it's essentially a interactive cut scene.

Even then the game is still behind Crysis, there are stuff like textures which no amount of processing power can accommodate, PS3 has 256mb Vram while a game like Crysis has 512mb or more in mind. Even with Cell backing RSX it isn't going to compete with a 240 core stream processor either.

PS3 users that make threads like this are essentially the ultimate graphics whores, people who value graphics above all else and have little to no interest in how the game actually plays. I personally hate quick time events, so a game based entirely on pushing buttons at certain times to make different things happen doesn't sound fun at all.

I'm sure Heavy Rain will make an interesting interactive story, Crysis on the other hand is an actual game that has giant environments and hardware taxing game play to consider.

AnnoyedDragon

Are you saying Heavy Rain isnt a game?

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#163 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

I bet anything if you post side by side comparisons of both characters face side by side heavy rain will win.heman930

alright if you say so...

hmm....i wonder which looks better...

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Rob0_Jesus

Oh god... I cannot stop laughing. It hurts, it hurts so bad... my sides are seriously killing me. - C'mon, enough of these threads, no, really. I have a PS3, I have a high-end PC. Nothing on the PS3 comes anywhere close to Crysis visually - and let's not even get started on Crysis Warhead, which looks even better. Heavy Rain isn't in the same room as Crysis, and yes, it looks good, but no, it's no Crysis. It's idiotic to even compare them, given that Heavy Rain is a movie with quick-time events, while Crysis is an open world where you can literally do things almost any way you would like.subrosian

Crysis Warhead looks nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain. Stop kidding yourself bro. Dont deny the truth.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 subrosian

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Oh god... I cannot stop laughing. It hurts, it hurts so bad... my sides are seriously killing me. - C'mon, enough of these threads, no, really. I have a PS3, I have a high-end PC. Nothing on the PS3 comes anywhere close to Crysis visually - and let's not even get started on Crysis Warhead, which looks even better. Heavy Rain isn't in the same room as Crysis, and yes, it looks good, but no, it's no Crysis. It's idiotic to even compare them, given that Heavy Rain is a movie with quick-time events, while Crysis is an open world where you can literally do things almost any way you would like.Rob0_Jesus

Crysis Warhead looks nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain. Stop kidding yourself bro. Dont deny the truth.

Stop it ... stop it... it seriously hurts to keep laughing :P I mean I know people are joking around, but c'mon, have mercy!
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"]Oh god... I cannot stop laughing. It hurts, it hurts so bad... my sides are seriously killing me. - C'mon, enough of these threads, no, really. I have a PS3, I have a high-end PC. Nothing on the PS3 comes anywhere close to Crysis visually - and let's not even get started on Crysis Warhead, which looks even better. Heavy Rain isn't in the same room as Crysis, and yes, it looks good, but no, it's no Crysis. It's idiotic to even compare them, given that Heavy Rain is a movie with quick-time events, while Crysis is an open world where you can literally do things almost any way you would like.subrosian

Stop it ... stop it... it seriously hurts to keep laughing :P I mean I know people are joking around, but c'mon, have mercy!

Hiding behind laughter because you dont have a counter argument? Now youre making me laugh! :lol:

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

*is fasting* awwwwwww!:(

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts

AHHH TIME TO DUMP CRYSIS PIC!!! i havent do this for a while

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Rob0_Jesus

OPuniverse

Those pics are horrible! Cant you find anything that would at least look close to the superior Heavy Rain? I mean, cmon man, That was sad. Heavy Rain just has better graphics. Why do you keep fighting it?

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

Rob0_Jesus

Those pics are horrible! Cant you find anything that would at least look close to the superior Heavy Rain? I mean, cmon man, That was sad. Heavy Rain just has better graphics. Why do you keep fighting it?

good! i would like to buy those goggles too. Let me see if i can buy them on home. K?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 subrosian

Hiding behind laughter because you dont have a counter argument? Now youre making me laugh! :lol:Rob0_Jesus
If I stopped laughing and started seriously arguing, it would be a ridiculously one-sided fight. I'm not a fan of those, it feels being mean to a puppy or something. What's the point, y'know? Have you fun man, the smiles are all the payment I need :)

-

People arguing against Crysis have usually never played it. I recommend heartily giving it a try - it's surprisingly fun. And if you're joking with me - well done, you made me laugh. If you're not, or you're just a diehard Sony supporter or whatever, uh, enjoy Heavy Rain?

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIF

This has been fun!:D

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
its always entertaining to watch people compare any game to crysis. all i do is sit back and watch the flames roar!
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]Hiding behind laughter because you dont have a counter argument? Now youre making me laugh! :lol:subrosian

If I stopped laughing and started seriously arguing, it would be a ridiculously one-sided fight. I'm not a fan of those, it feels being mean to a puppy or something. What's the point, y'know? Have you fun man, the smiles are all the payment I need :)

-

People arguing against Crysis have usually never played it. I recommend heartily giving it a try - it's surprisingly fun. And if you're joking with me - well done, you made me laugh. If you're not, or you're just a diehard Sony supporter or whatever, uh, enjoy Heavy Rain?

Ive seen Crysis at my friends house on the maximum settings. I wasnt impressed. Heavy Rain has better graphics. Bring it. Just try to argue with me. Sounds like youre looking for an excuse to walk outta here with out any proof to back up your statements.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#176 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

Rob0_Jesus

you should have gone to specsavers,lol
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="subrosian"]

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]Hiding behind laughter because you dont have a counter argument? Now youre making me laugh! :lol:Rob0_Jesus

-

Ive seen Crysis at my friends house on the maximum settings. I wasnt impressed. Heavy Rain has better graphics. Bring it. Just try to argue with me. Sounds like youre looking for an excuse to walk outta here with out any proof to back up your statements.

ahhh the good old friend excuse. I saw heavy rain at sony headquarter, it wasnt that good. im serious.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 AnnoyedDragon

He has already demonstrated he is incapable/unwilling to recognise any of the existing Crysis images posted as being better, don't waste your time on him guys.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I think Heavy Rain is on par with Crysis as far as face models go, but Crysis has overall better, especially considering its on a much larger scale than Heavy Rain

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="subrosian"] If I stopped laughing and started seriously arguing, it would be a ridiculously one-sided fight. I'm not a fan of those, it feels being mean to a puppy or something. What's the point, y'know? Have you fun man, the smiles are all the payment I need :)

-

OPuniverse

ahhh the good old friend excuse. I saw heavy rain at sony headquarter, it wasnt that good. im serious.

Ah,. Pulling for straws arent you? Cmon man just stop. The laughs keep coming. :lol: I saw it at my friends house. It was very good. I admit that but nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain. Maybe you should stop lieing about seeing heavy rain?

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#182 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I didn't even click on the link cause i know Crysis still looks better then what you have linked, and to top it all off Crysis has amazing AI, game play, and graphics where Heavy Rain has "good" graphics, and that's it with its zero game play, and non existent AI.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"][QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

Ah,. Pulling for straws arent you? Cmon man just stop. The laughs keep coming. :lol: I saw it at my friends house. It was very good. I admit that but nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain. Maybe you should stop lieing about seeing heavy rain?

hey learn how to quote correctly. What dont believe me? well what can i say? u said crysis looks very good yet at the same time you said u werent impress? thats what we call um... contradicting.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
And yet Cows still claim X game looks better than Crysis...Why is this?
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"] ahhh the good old friend excuse. I saw heavy rain at sony headquarter, it wasnt that good. im serious.OPuniverse

hey learn how to quote correctly. What dont believe me? well what can i say? u said crysis looks very good yet at the same time you said u werent impress? thats what we call um... contradicting.

I dont have to be impressed to know something looks good. Not contradictory buddy. Try again bro. :lol:

trakem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 trakem
Member since 2002 • 3859 Posts

All you PC fans out there that didnt think the PS3 can make as good as graphics as crysis where wrong dead wrong look how detailed the characters faces are in Heavy Rain they look real and the game still has months to look even better.. Thats the power of the PS3 baby. http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5129 heman930

Crysis isn't just amazing for it's graphics, it's also amazing because it does this without making sacrifices. All of the lighting and shadows and such are being done in real time so that it doesn't inhibit your gameplay posibilities.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"][QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

I dont have to be impressed to know something looks good. Not contradictory buddy. Try again bro. :lol:

you PRAISE that it looks good but you said ur not impress. Think about it for a second bro. Well, w/e make u sleep at night MR. "oh i see crysis at my friend house" :lol:
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AnnoyedDragon

And yet Cows still claim X game looks better than Crysis...Why is this?Shattered007

Because once upon a time Sony told an eager fanbase that their console was a 2 Teraflop super computer that can run CGI quality graphics in real time at dual HD.

And they believed them, even to this day when the console failed to supply the promised performance, much to the headache of everyone else...

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]And yet Cows still claim X game looks better than Crysis...Why is this?AnnoyedDragon

Because once upon a time Sony told an eager fanbase that their console was a 2 Teraflop super computer that can run CGI quality graphics in real time at dual HD.

And they believed them, even to this day when the console failed to supply the promised performance, much to the headache of everyone else...

Ah but the console has supplied that promise. We call it Heavy Rain. Its even taken down the Titan that is Crysis.

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

And yet Cows still claim X game looks better than Crysis...Why is this?Shattered007

Ah but the console has supplied that promise. We call it Heavy Rain. Its even taken down the Titan that is Crysis.

I don't know you so I don't know if your being serious or not.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]And yet Cows still claim X game looks better than Crysis...Why is this?Rob0_Jesus

Did you see Heavy Rain at your friends house aswell?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 AnnoyedDragon

Rob0_Jesus

So Heavy Rain is running at 2560x720 resolution and running assets that were used for the CGI in a movie?

You're trying too hard, making it too obvious.

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

hey i thought wii-wii was the graphics king :P

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#194 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Heavy Rain will be a better game, but sorry, it does not touch Crysis in the graphics department.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

Bebi_vegeta

Did you see Heavy Rain at your friends house aswell?

No silly. I saw it on my computer. :lol:

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

Perhaps under VERY HEAVY RAIN (and lots of fog), one might think heavy rain looks prettier than crysis :roll:

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 AnnoyedDragon

A few amusing things to note before I log for the night.

Heavy Rain was originally a PC/PS3 cross platform game, of course Sony put a stop to that. Also despite the original footage coming from a tech demo that used all of PS3's performance for a single scene, the Heavy Rain section on GameSpot uses the tech demo as the cover for the page; and not any of the actual footage from the game.

Anyway night.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

AnnoyedDragon

So Heavy Rain is running at 2560x720 resolution and running assets that were used for the CGI in a movie?

You're trying too hard, making it too obvious.

Dont know about the specific specs but I do know this. Heavy Rain>>>> Crysis. How do I know this? By looking at them of course. Crysis does not look as good. It is still a good looking game in its own right.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Heavy Rain was originally a PC/PS3 cross platform game, of course Sony put a stop to that. Also despite the original footage coming from a tech demo that used all of PS3's performance for a single scene, the Heavy Rain section on GameSpot uses the tech demo as the cover for the page; and not any of the actual footage in the game.

Anyway night.

AnnoyedDragon
Haha he's asleep, now we can start the party! :P
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Rob0_Jesus

Heavy Rain was originally a PC/PS3 cross platform game, of course Sony put a stop to that. Also despite the original footage coming from a tech demo that used all of PS3's performance for a single scene, the Heavy Rain section on GameSpot uses the tech demo as the cover for the page; and not any of the actual footage from the game.

Anyway night.

AnnoyedDragon

Proof?