Is the rest of the industry playing catch up to Sony's first party?

• 108 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

This thread is 😂🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Breaking news! This footage from inside Nintendo headquarters was just leaked.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Their open world stuff isn't any different from Ubisoft's. Ratchet is nice but there have been a million of them now. I am interested in seeing what they do with VR.

Tbh none of the big publishers are doing much for me.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Sony have not released a banger that isn't a single player movie game in a decade.

Still using games designed to look like old games I see. Stupid and desperate.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

The only developing team that's on par talent wise with Naughty Dog in my opinion is Rockstar.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Sony's strength in the last few gens has been narrative driven games but there weakness has always been that they are not great at creating games with long lasting multiplayer. There games still sell millions every gen despite this.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Sure I heard that Bethesda had the most game of the year nominatios,if true,it's Sony playing catch up

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

No they're laughing at the MustTurd Phony uses to make movie games. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12956 Posts

@fedor: I didn’t lie lol 😂 I questioned “alt”. My name change matches my PSN ID and XBL gamer tag 😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KvallyX

@NathanDrakeSwag: calm down tormentos. You get too worked up over plastic.

Why do you have issues with us that enjoy both consoles?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KvallyX

@wonderwinner: as do I son.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@x_hedon: you're a MS shill, automatically losing any credibility lmao

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KvallyX

@wonderwinner said:

True, I am a PS and MS shill. But then again, you are a massive Sony pony, and love being a cow. You have ZERO credibility, NEW GUY. lol. We don't even know you.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

no

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
@zerothehero said:

Everyone wishes they could be sony right now imo

You know, there's not really any stake in the game if you just create an alt, ProtossRush

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:

True, I am a PS and MS shill. But then again, you are a massive Sony pony, and love being a cow. You have ZERO credibility, NEW GUY. lol. We don't even know you.

Every post you make is as worthless as a Kinect when you're an admitted alt lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Every post you make is as worthless...

The same can be said about yours but you still post. 😎

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 KvallyX

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:

Every post you make is as worthless as a Kinect when you're an admitted alt lol.

True, I admitted I changed my name when I changed my gamertags. That seems to trigger you though. At least you can admit your distress over changing of gamertags and PSN IDs, lol!

Do you think you will get a full night sleep tonight?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Nintendo's top tier is probably better but, are lacking in terms of new IP.

Microsoft could get there with Bethesda on their side.

But yeah, PlayStation is really good in terms of AAA content and, new IP.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NathanDrakeSwag

@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon
@wonderwinner said:

said:

True, I admitted I changed my name when I changed my gamertags. That seems to trigger you though. At least you can admit your distress over changing of gamertags and PSN IDs, lol!

You denied your true identity on here before Fedor found that post. You're ashamed of who you are because you were the laughing stock of SW on your old account. That's why you changed your name. Sad!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KvallyX

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:

You denied your true identity on here before Fedor found that post. You're ashamed of who you are because you were the laughing stock of SW on your old account. That's why you changed your name. Sad!

What did I say? I said "alt?". There is a difference between an alt and a change of PSN ID/Gamertag. Why does that bother you so much? Are you not self aware of your trolling on this forum?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NathanDrakeSwag

@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:

said:

What did I say? I said "alt?". There is a difference between an alt and a change of PSN ID/Gamertag.

You paid $10 to change your gamertag out of shame over being roasted on SW so you could start fresh. That's probably the saddest thing anyone on this site has ever done lol.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KvallyX

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

said:

What did I say? I said "alt?". There is a difference between an alt and a change of PSN ID/Gamertag.

You paid $10 to change your gamertag out of shame over being roasted on SW so you could start fresh. That's probably the saddest thing anyone on this site has ever done lol.

So now you are lying? The question is, why would you lie? And why do you have a problem with gamers enjoying all the consoles?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-611edca0d6021
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag
@x_hedon said:

said:

So now you are lying? The question is, why would you lie? And why do you have a problem with gamers enjoying all the consoles?

Lemmings? Enjoying all consoles? DAT HIPOCRISY.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KvallyX

@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So it does bother you that there are gamers out there like me that enjoy gaming on all the consoles. The question is, why does that upset you? Can you tell us?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021

@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:

So it does bother you that there are gamers out there like me that enjoy gaming on all the consoles. The question is, why does that upset you? Can you tell us?

You don't enjoy all consoles, you only enjoy xbox, it takes a look at your post history to know you're lying.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KvallyX

@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You don't enjoy all consoles, you only enjoy xbox, it takes a look at your post history to know you're lying.

Why are you lying though? I love all the consoles. I guess I feel bad for people like you that don't want to enjoy all the games out there. Me on the other hand, I love being able to play Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and the upcoming Forza Horizon 5.

For me, it's a win win. I play games because I enjoy them. Try it sometime.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Techwise, they are the best.

But in actual game design?

Lol and far from it. Gears of War 1 still has better gunplay than any Sony Shooter. Their platformers are a joke compared to even second rate Nintendo platformers. There is a reason why I skipped out on the PoS4, and most likely will skip out on the PoS5.

Edit: But don't take my word on it. With the exception of Gran Turismo (which is vastly inferior to Forza btw), how many Sony titles have lasting communities that last for years? Most of them are flavor of the month stuff forgotten after a few months.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@x_hedon: The Sony cult is very strict, you have to accept PlayStation as the only true saviour of gaming and for some reason behave like a complete pos online. It's a religion and we must respect their traditions.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KvallyX

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@x_hedon: The Sony cult is very strict, you have to accept PlayStation as the only true saviour of gaming and for some reason behave like a complete pos online. It's a religion and we must respect their traditions.

What a dismal life they must lead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:

Why are you lying though? I love all the consoles. I guess I feel bad for people like you that don't want to enjoy all the games out there. Me on the other hand, I love being able to play Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and the upcoming Forza Horizon 5.

I have all consoles and a PC, son, I just happen to think Xbox is trash, along with MS.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KvallyX

@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:
@x_hedon said:
@wonderwinner said:

I have all consoles and a PC, son, I just happen to think Xbox is trash, along with MS.

Well that's cool, no problem with people having opinions and preferences. I just prefer to enjoy them all.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think TC is absolutely right. More developers are playing catch up with Sony... More and more movie games now. Played a bit of the The Evil Within the other day, game practically plays itself. Abominations.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@x_hedon: In all honesty I have no idea what's the mental state of a person that chooses to engage with the hobby by being toxic towards a brand and fellow gamers. Some do this relentlessly for years straight, kind of mindblowing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@ghost_of_phobos: you shouldn't take this too seriously, kid. It's just a forum. 😂

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I'm not sure how selling people the same Mario game over and over for the last 40 years means it's the best. 🤣

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It's pretty sad that the days of the 360 era has been forgotten. It seems the only quality games that MS wants to put money into are racing games😰

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#88 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@zerothehero: Why would Nintendo wish that they were Sony? The Switch sales have been on fire ever since launch and many of they’re first party games are selling like hot cakes. Even simple ports of previous gen games. Nintendo has been killing it for the last four years or so.

That's the thing: they don't ever since the Wii got them out of the trouble the GameCube's failure left them in. N64 and GC era Nintendo? Sure. Current Nintendo since 2006? Not really. By that point, Nintendo decided "f*** it, we're not competing anymore".

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

PSA: Switch has been #1 and beat Playstation sales for a record of nearly 30 months straight at #1 and is going to beat the PS2 to become the best selling platform ever.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 KvallyX

@ghost_of_phobos: they just prefer to be children and keyboard warriors. Maybe they don’t have money so this is their way to cope?

Those of us that enjoy gaming on all the platforms come out ahead with so much gaming time.

We cherish being able to play God of War, Gears and Mario and so much more.

It’s awesome 😎

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: Amen brother. There’s plenty of games on all systems that I could very much enjoy. It just such a great time to be a gamer and it’s definitely my most favourite hobby to partake in, that’s for sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Microsoft is trying to catch up for multiple generations in a row. Nintendo just discovered 3D graphics not too long ago, so no matter what, they're uncapable of even trying to catch up to Sony.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

Sony's first party is great they do a lot of good stuff with there games as far as leading the industry forward. Microsoft and Nintendo are both missing the elements that make Sony great, but what they do for their consoles is important to them and why they put it out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@x_hedon: "they just prefer to be children and keyboard warriors."

Says a guy.

In a forum.

Called.

System.

Wars.

LMAO people in this board lack self awareness.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Sony's first party games are all heading in the same direction- some kind of a 3rd person action game with an open or semi open world. Whether the character is wielding a sword, axe, gun, or some kind of superpower. I hope the rest of the industry doesn't feel like they need to follow suit.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@drummerdave9099 said:

Sony's first party games are all heading in the same direction- some kind of a 3rd person action game with an open or semi open world. Whether the character is wielding a sword, axe, gun, or some kind of superpower. I hope the rest of the industry doesn't feel like they need to follow suit.

So what you're saying is, Sony games are one of two possible viewpoints, some are open world and some are not open world, and that there is a wide variety of characters and playstyles ranging from swords to superpowers.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

So what you're saying is, Sony games are one of two possible viewpoints, some are open world and some are not open world, and that there is a wide variety of characters and playstyles ranging from swords to superpowers.

Cows only like one genre of videogame. 3rd person action adventures with stealth elements. That's a less roundabout way of saying what he was saying.

• Distraction rock throwing
  • Crouch walking through glowing "stealth" grass
  • Metal Gear chokeholds
  • FarCry binocular marking and outpost clearing
  • A female character with a bow & arrow
  • "we gotta find another way outta here"
  • "we'll only get one shot at this"
  • The floor breaks beneath the characters feet.
  • opening doors slowly + SonyBoosting™ people up ladders
Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

So @NathanDrakeSwag what big Sony holiday games are you going to be enjoying?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 KvallyX

@wonderwinner: the irony in your post is delicious

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Microsoft is trying to catch up for multiple generations in a row. Nintendo just discovered 3D graphics not too long ago, so no matter what, they're uncapable of even trying to catch up to Sony.

Amusing you claim that Nintendo "just discovered 3D graphics" even though SNES-era games like Donkey Kong Country and the original Star Fox used 3D graphics. These games were released more than 25 years ago and Nintendo has been using 3D graphics on its games since the mid-1990s.