IS the 360 the most unreliable console ever?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts
Seriously this really ticks me off. You'd think with all the money microsoft make every day they'd put some money into sorting out the uncountable problems i've had with my 360. I know a lot of other people have had lots of problems as well. The 360 is great, i'm loving xbox live with gears and lost planet, even microsoft themselves boast about what they've achieved, but why the hell didn't they make it properly? Everyday i get at least 2-3 disk error messeages (the disc is completely clean), and the 360 crashes once every 2 days. i mean wth? Is the 360 the most unreliable console ever made? Your thoughts and experiences
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

Seriously this really ticks me off. You'd think with all the money microsoft make every day they'd put some money into sorting out the uncountable problems i've had with my 360. I know a lot of other people have had lots of problems as well. The 360 is great, i'm loving xbox live with gears and lost planet, even microsoft themselves boast about what they've achieved, but why the hell didn't they make it properly? Everyday i get at least 2-3 disk error messeages (the disc is completely clean), and the 360 crashes once every 2 days. i mean wth? Is the 360 the most unreliable console ever made? Your thoughts and experiencesDarkT33

Ive had my 360 for about a month or so and it hasnt crashed once. Ive gotten a disk read error but only because the Dead Rising disk was used and scratched up. I also had problem connecting to Xbox Live, but that was due to a faulty router.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkT33"]Seriously this really ticks me off. You'd think with all the money microsoft make every day they'd put some money into sorting out the uncountable problems i've had with my 360. I know a lot of other people have had lots of problems as well. The 360 is great, i'm loving xbox live with gears and lost planet, even microsoft themselves boast about what they've achieved, but why the hell didn't they make it properly? Everyday i get at least 2-3 disk error messeages (the disc is completely clean), and the 360 crashes once every 2 days. i mean wth? Is the 360 the most unreliable console ever made? Your thoughts and experiences

sounds like my ps2 when the dvd drive was dying, maybe your drive is on the way out.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

The new systems are better. If you got yours within the last few months you should have very few problems assuming you are using the console in the right way.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkT33"]Seriously this really ticks me off. You'd think with all the money microsoft make every day they'd put some money into sorting out the uncountable problems i've had with my 360. I know a lot of other people have had lots of problems as well. The 360 is great, i'm loving xbox live with gears and lost planet, even microsoft themselves boast about what they've achieved, but why the hell didn't they make it properly? Everyday i get at least 2-3 disk error messeages (the disc is completely clean), and the 360 crashes once every 2 days. i mean wth? Is the 360 the most unreliable console ever made? Your thoughts and experiences

Yes your drive is dying, it happend to me before mine dyed. I sent mine in, and MS gave me a brand spanking new one. :)
DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="DarkT33"]Seriously this really ticks me off. You'd think with all the money microsoft make every day they'd put some money into sorting out the uncountable problems i've had with my 360. I know a lot of other people have had lots of problems as well. The 360 is great, i'm loving xbox live with gears and lost planet, even microsoft themselves boast about what they've achieved, but why the hell didn't they make it properly? Everyday i get at least 2-3 disk error messeages (the disc is completely clean), and the 360 crashes once every 2 days. i mean wth? Is the 360 the most unreliable console ever made? Your thoughts and experiences

Yes your drive is dying, it happend to me before mine dyed. I sent mine in, and MS gave me a brand spanking new one. :)

how do i get one? do i have to pay for it, or be under warranty?
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
This guy's already forgotten about the PS2.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PS3_3DO

This guy's already forgotten about the PS2.elektrixxx

Don't worry in about 5 or 6 months you will hear about people having to replace their PS3 because the Blu-Ray drive isn't working.

Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
I've had mine for a year and not one problem you mentioned happened to me.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS3_3DO

I've had mine for a year and not one problem you mentioned happened to me. Spartan_024

Yeah same here.

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
Don't you mean the PS2?
Anyway, I've only ever had one crash with my 360, loading up an online TCR6V game, and trying to send a voice message at the same time. My fault really for not being patient enough.
jigga1142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jigga1142
Member since 2004 • 223 Posts

yep, it's been one year this month since I walked out of "toys r' us" with mine and only had one problem.. I got the "ring of death" at one point, but it was because the crappy intercooler fan thaat i got for it it died.. that's the funny part... I thought my 360 wuz hosed..

AussieDCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AussieDCO
Member since 2002 • 2919 Posts

Mine has died and no longer readers dual layered discs. I have to pay to get it repaired cos I have opened it. I love it, but going by all the reports it is definately an unreliable console.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Top 3 consoles that break down: 1) NES - original 2) 360 - original 3) PS2 - original
CaptainUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CaptainUber
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
While I personally only had one problem with the 360-it gave me the R.O.D. when my AV cables somehow fell off of the plugs on my TV-I understand that alot of people have problems. But I still think other consoles have done worse. Everybody knows the ps2 had problems, but few are willing to look upon their beloved nes in that light. I still remember having to blow into those damn carts, shaking them to get that last piece of dust out, and praying to the gaming gods as you gingerly slipped it into the slot. Anyway, if your console is still under warranty you can ms and they'll fix it for free; it's a $130 charge otherwise I think.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

[QUOTE="elektrixxx"]This guy's already forgotten about the PS2.PS3_3DO

Don't worry in about 5 or 6 months you will hear about people having to replace their PS3 because the Blu-Ray drive isn't working.

Don't hate. For the first time PS had not been on the faulty side.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
My works fine. It crashed during Oblivion a few times when I was playing the game for hours at a time and before i connected to live for updates but most of my platforms have crashed at least once before. Even my DS crashed the other day while loading Fifa 06.
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

You know... I just dont think they make consoles like they used too.

My NES, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, and Dreamcast all work PERFECTLY. Granted most of those are Sega systems, but I'm sure that if I had an SNES and N64 they would work fine too. DS works good, but I dont own one. A friend does and swears by it.

Systems with Problems:

N64 - Controller's analog stick easily broke.
Game Gear - My speaker went out after a decade of use (earphone jack still works)
Game Boy (all) - System went on the fritz pretty easily.
Saturn - Cartridge Slot is really loose.
PS1 (1st series) - Launch systems had to be turned up-side-down in order to work properly after a couple years of use.
PS2 - If you watched movies on it, the system would have disc read errors. If you didn't, the system worked perfectly.
PSP - Many systems had dead pixel issues. I even had the blue screen of death pop up once.
Xbox - Disc read errors and hard drive failiures made the first Xbox pretty unreliable. They got better in the end though.
Xbox 360 - Disc Read errors, HD failiures, and other internal problems that kept comming up probably make this (as the TC stated) the most unreliable system ever. I have friends on their 4th! :?
Gamecube - I would have added this to the no problems list, however my system just died. I can play a game for 15 minutes and then it comes up with an error. This is after 5 years of owning it and it being stored in a closet for the last year.
Wii - Wrist strap on controller's snapping. This is mostly due to idiots using the system.
PS3 - My 20GB has froze once... but that was it.

bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts

Have you used a laser lens cleaner disk?  Oh, and I'm not sure.
The original NES had cartridge loading problems, and Nintendo actually went so far as initiating a campaign of Nintendo Authorized Repair Facilities or something like that, where you would take your NES to a store to get it fixed.  Also, the PS2 had a good deal of disc read errors, but I think that both of those systems took atleast a year to manifest themselves, the 360 seems to have more problems early on.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I pretty much had all problems imagainable with my X360. Even my account was corrupted and I was forced to make a new one a few days back. So, personally to me, it's the most faulty console I ever owned. 

But when I look at the games I just don't care anymore. And I've got a new good working X360 right now.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan_024"]I've had mine for a year and not one problem you mentioned happened to me. PS3_3DO

Yeah same here.

Same here.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I'm currently on my third 360. I can forgive it because it's such a great console. The turnaround from MS on repairs is fairly quick. So, that helps too. I will say that the 360 does seem to be very unreliable.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
me n my 3 buddies have had our 360s since launch and never had to return them. mines never even frozen.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#24 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I've had almost every console ever made at some point. and so far the 360 hardware wise has been the worst. Constantly freezes, refuses to read discs, gave me red lights once just for turning it on, and had to blue screens with serious error messages and Japanese text.

I've only had it 6 months, thank god i got an extended 3 year warrenty.

A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
Funny how the PS2 was the most unreliable console, and now the PS3 seems to be the most reliable, even beating the Wii.
Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Walker34
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
I got a 360 for christmas and haven't had any problems *knocks on wood*. I hear the systems manufactured after a certain date are fine though.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
Well, facts being facts, my 360 is the only console/computer that I've ever owned that has died on me.  This goes back to the Atari 2600, Commodore 64 and 128, Amiga 1000, PS1, PS2, GC, and Xbox.  So, that being said, "yes" the 360 has been my most unreliable system ever.  Is it the worst system?  No, its the best I've ever owned.
madhatter73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madhatter73
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

yep, it's been one year this month since I walked out of "toys r' us" with mine and only had one problem.. I got the "ring of death" at one point, but it was because the crappy intercooler fan thaat i got for it it died.. that's the funny part... I thought my 360 wuz hosed..

jigga1142
I wonder how many of those red ring stories (the real non-sony fanboy ones) were for that reason. Too bad it's impossible to take an accurate poll. The Intercooler is a piece of cheaply made console-killing garbage.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

You people are too picky. Seriously...every console freezes from time to time. That doesn't mean it's busting...

My PS2, N64, Xbox, GC, etc. all froze from time to time. It's just the way it is. My 360 has only frozen around 2 times since i've had it (which has been since it launched), but i also have 100 friends on XBL that have not had a problem with their Xbox 360, at any point. Actually, i take that back, i believe one guy had to send his to MS to get fixed. He was back on and playing within 5 days. Freezing isn't a problem with the Console, it comes with the technology and has for a long time now

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
These threads again? I guess if you can't succeed in getting ownage any other way, you turn to what you know...

And BTW, had my 360 since last March, not a single problem.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I have been through 3 PS2's.

So I would say that's the most unreliable console.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
They suck with hardware, they're not a hardware company.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts

BioShockOwnz
My PS2 from 2001 still works.
SHADY_SMOKA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SHADY_SMOKA
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
My launch console is still working perfectly.
shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

Im gonna put it to everyone like this....

If you purchase anything over $300.00 and you don't add a warrenty to it, from where ever you purchased it.  You are a IDIOT.   plain and simple.   NEVER rely on the manufactures warrenty.

If somthing happens to my 360 ( got one more year of coverge left )  I simply go in to circuitcity and they give me a gift card for the amount of a new one, and bam, I am done.  I don't have to send off to microsoft for anything.

If somthing happens to my PS3 ( got 2 years left of coverage ) same deal I take it back to ebgames, and as long as its not physical dmg that I caused, they give me a new one on the spot.

Only console I have ever had to replace was my PS2, but that was my fault cause I was putting somthing in it... eh eh eh :(  so I got self owned. Then I got the PS2 that came with GT3.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

KeyWii

I went through 1 PS2 before i got the slim one. Original PS2 stopped reading discs out of nowhere. Slim one froze a few times...not that it matters. But it never busted and still works. Original PS2 crapped out though. Slim ones were made alot better.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

KeyWii

And my Xbox 360 from Nov. 22 2005 still works perfect. :)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Puckhog04

I went through 1 PS2 before i got the slim one. Original PS2 stopped reading discs out of nowhere. Slim one froze a few times...not that it matters. But it never busted and still works. Original PS2 crapped out though. Slim ones were made alot better.

I agree. I have a slim one now, and I have never had a problem with it. The disc drives in the fat ones were very unreliable and would stop reading certain types of discs, or all discs.
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
the 360 has a bad overheating problem.  we gotta put it next to the a/c vent to keep it from overheating.  check out the melted hardrive. lol.:lol:

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

I agree. I have a slim one now, and I have never had a problem with it. The disc drives in the fat ones were very unreliable and would stop reading certain types of discs, or all discs.

I was playing Socom 2 online when my original PS2 stopped reading discs. :(

Now that was depressing. Talk about killing a game.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
i've had mine since chrismas,and the only problem i've had with it was the occasional game freeze,beyond that,everythings ok.it all depends how you use it.
Primenova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Primenova
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
I have a launch unit and have had zero problems.  I think too many people are exaggerating this issue, or outright lying fanboys who probably work for Sony.
Avatar image for -NintendoPower-
-NintendoPower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -NintendoPower-
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
So when are they coming out with the new systems with better cpus?  Because mine is starting to freeze often with newly bought games and I'm trying to hold out with my warranty until the new systems come out.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

BioShockOwnz
I've had 5, if that tells you anything. Not even my PS1 gave me tha many problems, or my 360 for that matter.
DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts
IF people read the instructions on the manual, non of this would happened.

want to end all these errors, plug it DIRECTLY onto a power outlet/wall.

do not you use anything else, the 360 will not get it's full power it needs to run, thus resulting in MANY failures, this is a proven fact, do some research.
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
research console class action suit,  the most unreliable console is sony.
Franky-the-bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Franky-the-bat
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

Im going to be honest, ive had my 360 since it launced in the uk, and it been good apart from the odd crashes.

Ive had crashes on Oblivion a few times, dead rising few times, R6V few times, odd one on Geow, apart from that its as good as gold. I have no ideal whats causes it, i do look after it mind you.

Im not sure if i should take it back and get a new one or not.

yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
I have mine and have gotten DRE's since day one, but I bought a warranty from BestBuy when I initially bought it, so I'm just waiting for the new, quiter models to hit the shelves :wink:
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
It probably was (not any more) but the launch ps2's were plagued with disk read errors,i bet not a single launch ps2 works anymore because of the dodgy disk read error.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
IF people read the instructions on the manual, non of this would happened.

want to end all these errors, plug it DIRECTLY onto a power outlet/wall.

do not you use anything else, the 360 will not get it's full power it needs to run, thus resulting in MANY failures, this is a proven fact, do some research.
DrkeX
Yeah, that makes no difference. I still got DRE's/crashes.