Is Steam Deck already obsolete? AYANEO2 announced, with DOUBLE the CPU and GPU power!?

• 53 results
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

They're all obsolete and yuuuugely overpriced if you have a smatphone/tablet and GP.

:P

I actually have that setup myself. The razer kishi plus my phone, its great.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11092 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
Release Price$1,465 ADVANCED
$1,315 PRO (16G+1TB)
$1,565 PRO (32G+1TB)

5 people buy this if its price point is comparable.

Oh HELLLL no. I don't value portability enough to be parted with that kind of dough

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
  1. I think a pic of that table with the prices would have been of more value to include in you forum post.
  2. If Valve waited for the Zen 3 we wouldn't get the initial batch until end of 2022 which means most people would have got their units towards the end of 2023.
  3. I expect we see a follow-up to the Steam Deck before too long if it does well. This isn't a console ecosystem. If Valve can upgrade the components of the Deck without too much more R&D they will.
  4. AYANEO 2 will be much more expensive and will sell less, requiring that they make less units overall.

If you think logically about it, Valve's actions make a lot of sense.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

It's almost like if I pay more money, I get more powerful stuff. Weird.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@SecretPolice said:

They're all obsolete and yuuuugely overpriced if you have a smatphone/tablet and GP.

:P

I actually have that setup myself. The razer kishi plus my phone, its great.

Nice!!

Seriously, if you want to go mobile and already use GamePass, you can't go wrong especially considering the competitions pricing.

Moooaaar bang for the buck has never been offered. It's crazy cheap offering the finest library of games on the planet. :P

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blaznwiipspman1

@SecretPolice: yep, the bang for buck is amazing. It's too bad you can't use the cloud feature with all games though, only those on gamepass. It's a super convenient feature. It's great to get some last minute gaming sessions before bed without turning on the TV.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@girlusocrazy: I can see why some people might not like the kishi. The buttons are a bit stiff and takes some pressure. I like the feedback I get from it though. I bought a clip and tried with my xbox controller and I didn't like it too much. The balance just felt off to me.

As for the steam deck, I agree, it's the future. Though the ayo neo is probably even better than the deck.

I'm still waiting on mine. Apparently I'll get it by June. Hopefully they get windows optimized on the deck, that will open it up to gamepass and bring the deck to another level.