Is "Microsoft exclusive game" a thing now?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

@xxgunslingerxx: That's cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
Member since 2016 • 329 Posts

Sure if it helps them sleep at night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#103 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

The Windows distribution system for their games is garbage. It needs to be fixed before I would think of buying a game, even a series like gears that I love, on win10. Quantum Break continues to loom heavy, along with the gears 1 "remaster"......

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#104 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

The Windows distribution system for their games is garbage. It needs to be fixed before I would think of buying a game, even a series like gears that I love, on win10. Quantum Break continues to loom heavy, along with the gears 1 "remaster"......

Don't worry, it will get better. More people using the store = more feedback, and MS listens to their customers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#105  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@speedfog said:
@hillelslovak said:

Don't worry, it will get better. More people using the store = more feedback, and MS listens to their customers.

lol good one

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Panda is a good representation of an Xbox owner

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Remember when the metagame was alive and how games were on PlayStation console AND PlayStation handheld, but their fans were just counting the PlayStation console game to the exclusive list but then they get called out because that game is also on the PlayStation handheld but so the rebuttal was umm well the game is a "PlayStation exclusive." Well, it's kinda like that.

Well PlayStations are hardware while Windwos 10 is software and Xbox One is hardware again. It's kinda different.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts
@panda30 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Lems want to think its a thing but its not. Fact is Xbone has no exclusives left except a few Kinect games.

Fact Xbox = Windows

Look I am Playing My Xbox One Game On Windows 10 So get Rekt

Windows is Xbox

get over it

KI is natively on PC. Streaming the X1 version is not the same obviously. I can also stream my PS4 games to PC if I wanted to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Lets ignore the first sentence, because it just lacks any intelligence.

so saved game files, fantastic.... so basically your saying that "I can use the xbox when im not at my PC and still resume on the PC later" ... right. you know how else you could do that?

By having a PC, and a Steam Machine (or more sensible console-like PC) in your living room... and have access to a far greater library, and still have access to those "Xbox/Windows games" ... the XBOX SYSTEM part of the equation is WORTHLESS because it offers NOTHING UNIQUE.

THAT is my point. its not a hard one to grasp.

Why would any sane person choose a PC / XBOX combo over a PC / PS4 or PC / Mini-PC combo? makes no sense, you get NOTHING.

1) wtf mac OS and now pc in the livingroom have anithing to do whit are initial conversation about windows= xbox you just totaly derail into butthurt mode

2) ("why wold anione choose a PC / XBOX combo over a PC / PS4") because of all of the above I been teling you xbox games can be play on windows Synk

I can play killer instinct on my consol rank up to rank5 let some watch tv go play it on PC continue on to rank 10 let a family member use the Pc and continue on my tablet all using the same OS / Cloud synk safe file

3) ("makes no sense, you get NOTHING.") I buy recore on my xbox and i get it on PC /tablet

4) what you get whit SF5 on ps4 you dont share safe files and you have to re buy it they are 2 separate entities USELESS FOR EACH OTHER

Let me try to dumb it down for you.

If there are no unique games on xbox, why not just by a home-theatre PC setup... get the game on that. and then have access to a game library MUCH MUCH Larger, why ever have the XBOX in the equation? That "Feature" you are bragging about .... can be done with a Home Theatre PC combined with a Gaming PC. The Xbox is completely pointless, it does nothing but have severe limitations.

mause

keybord

spekers

tv

or I can buy a consol

Xbox is pointless, you dont need a mouse/keyboard for any of the xbox/pc games... but you have the CHOICE to include them for a much LARGER library.

literally no benefit to owning an Xbox Console over a living room PC.. none whatsoever.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#110 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

I reckon' it's only a matter of time now before the two are considered interchangeable; in fact, I'll be surprised if we're not able to install PC games on the new Xbox.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

What a glorious thread.

MBirdy88 took a jab at Sony, but felt the raging backlash from Xbox fanboys instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@carlquincy said:

What a glorious thread.

MBirdy88 took a jab at Sony, but felt the raging backlash from Xbox fanboys instead.

cant recall taking a jab at sony in this thread?

I would hope the cow muppets like tormentos and friends will stop calling me a "Lemming" finally... that would be nice.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

*shrug* cows have considered PS3/4/vita games as "exclusive". Honestly its a bit redundant with the removal of the meta game. Hermits really won't give much of a **** as I doubt the extra 3 or 4 games a year in the 100's that get released for the PC will make much of a splash.

Have to say I enjoyed the rage against @MBirdy88 for absolutely no reason though lolz

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I'm not too big on "Microsoft Exclusive. I think we should just call these games "Sony Excluded."

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I'm not too big on "Microsoft Exclusive. I think we should just call these games "Sony Excluded."

*whispers* Sheep are starting to get a complex ....

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@speedfog said:

So since the Xbox one won't have any real exclusive in the future, can we finally call these games "MS exclusives"? Xbox Windows 10 OS and Windows 10 are coming together now. We can all imagine that most of those games won't be seeing Steam/GOG/Origin or any Mac/Linux platform. You want to play these games? You NEED to have a Microsoft based system in order to use it. You buy the One version, you get the Win 10 version included. Same for the other way around.

Also with the Scorpio coming out, is it safe to say combined with what MS is doing now that Consoles will go out of business in the future? Scorpio sounds more like a "Steam Machine" to me but more powerful then the average one.

Also we are not talking about a couple of games here, the lineup is already strong compared to it's competitors.

@lundy86_4 said:

Sure. It's not like the metagame is even around anymore, and some Sony fans have been saying "Sony Exclusive" for a while.

Its like I have said: What was the purpose of exclusives? To get you to buy a particular company's hardware and maybe their own games. But go deeper: To get your money. They didn't do it for the Artist, or the devs. The did it for the money, the chedda, the cash.

So Now MS says nothing is exclusive to a console they make. But they just happen to make the most widely used OS on PC and the games they publish will be only available from their own Store on their latest OS. Guess what? It's still about the money, the chedda, the cash. Call the games multiplat all you want. Times are changing, deal with it. One of these companies is going to make money from gamers on two fronts without going through anyone else. So how is it different then only being on a console if its only on a PC store you have complete control of?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#117 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Given that their intention is to make windows 10 a platform for selling games and not just consoles, yes I would say there is such thing as Microsoft exclusives and they have other goals in mind.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Its like I have said: What was the purpose of exclusives? To get you to buy a particular company's hardware and maybe their own games. But go deeper: To get your money. They didn't do it for the Artist, or the devs. The did it for the money, the chedda, the cash.

So Now MS says nothing is exclusive to a console they make. But they just happen to make the most widely used OS on PC and the games they publish will be only available from their own Store on their latest OS. Guess what? It's still about the money, the chedda, the cash. Call the games multiplat all you want. Times are changing, deal with it. One of these companies is going to make money from gamers on two fronts without going through anyone else. So how is it different then only being on a console if its only on a PC store you have complete control of?

Given the fact that companies such as MS have always focused on recouping money via software (as hardware is often a cash-sink), it's a smart move for them to make. If only I didn't hate W10 store so much... At least this will drive me to buy more of their games on PC when it improves.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#119 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Given the fact that companies such as MS have always focused on recouping money via software (as hardware is often a cash-sink), it's a smart move for them to make. If only I didn't hate W10 store so much... At least this will drive me to buy more of their games on PC when it improves.

I hear ya dude. Change is difficult for everyone. People's anus' are so hurt that unlike the Vita, MS actually may have a real second platform in W10 PC. Sony fanboys hate it because my Vita sucks d*ck. It a glorified, two analog stick PSP. Sony shit in my hand after KZ mercenary.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#120 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: But what about Nintendo?

Microsoft exclusive fits more

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Consoles won't go out of business, they'll just have more options. This is a good thing I'd say.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

I still have hard time believing a console gamer would buy a gtx1080 Why not just pick up a Scorpio lets be realistic. And why would a xbox one and Scorpio gamer care if exclusives end up on PC.

Gamers care about playing their games at the best graphical settings and having lot of people to play with. If anything opening the xbox live network to the PC community will insure games like Halo 6 and Gears 4 have long legs.

MS does not have to sell hardware at huge numbers. What truly is important is the userbase increasing and those people are connecting to xbox live and buying games. And lets be honest here 20 million people bought the xbox one knowing it was inferior with power to the PS4. They hardly going to be turned off by the more powerful xbox?

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

they don't understand microsoft is windows and xbox ... windows 10 os is on the xbox one ... xbox live is on windows 10 ... but fanboys will fanboy ... its all the same company and same xbox live ... no real loss of exclusive games times have changed ... pc gamers happy thats great u game off of windows so that is microsoft ... you buy windows 10 games u buying it off xbox live thats xbox ... all helps xbox sell more games get more gamers playing on xbox live and xbox games