Is "Microsoft exclusive game" a thing now?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

So since the Xbox one won't have any real exclusive in the future, can we finally call these games "MS exclusives"? Xbox Windows 10 OS and Windows 10 are coming together now. We can all imagine that most of those games won't be seeing Steam/GOG/Origin or any Mac/Linux platform. You want to play these games? You NEED to have a Microsoft based system in order to use it. You buy the One version, you get the Win 10 version included. Same for the other way around.

Also with the Scorpio coming out, is it safe to say combined with what MS is doing now that Consoles will go out of business in the future? Scorpio sounds more like a "Steam Machine" to me but more powerful then the average one.

Also we are not talking about a couple of games here, the lineup is already strong compared to it's competitors.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Sure. It's not like the metagame is even around anymore, and some Sony fans have been saying "Sony Exclusive" for a while.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Win 10 OS Exclusives. Sony & Nintendo Excluded. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It was never a thing and it will never be a thing. This is System Wars, not Company Wars.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I like the direction Microsoft has taken, I can at least play Gears of War 4 at 60fps like it's meant to instead of playing at 10fps on a piss weak console...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't know what else you'd call it. To me the Scorpio doesn't signal an end to their console business, though... it feels more like a return to the spirit of the original XBOX- a beefy standalone alternative to the PC. XBOX stands for direct x box and was originally envisioned as something that would grow into the Scorpio/ win10 situation we finally have: a truly integrated ecosystem meant to push Microsoft's software interests (except now it's less about dx and more about their titles)

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Where have you guys been? This has been a "thing" for both companies for some time now.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Remember when the metagame was alive and how games were on PlayStation console AND PlayStation handheld, but their fans were just counting the PlayStation console game to the exclusive list but then they get called out because that game is also on the PlayStation handheld but so the rebuttal was umm well the game is a "PlayStation exclusive." Well, it's kinda like that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

To be more clear, Halo CE was never Xbox exclusive to begin with cause it was on PC at the time and even then, most of MS exclusive games are a hit or a miss but however, both Xbox and Xbox 360 kept it real for staying exclusive to there console home and some of those games never made it to PC.

Today's standards, we still see the same effects, few exclusive games are on Xbox One and some will go to PC just making it console exclusive only. Few PS4 games such as Street Fighter V are also console exclusive.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Well yeah I'd say it's a thing since it really is actually a thing now.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guy_Brohski

@GhostHawk196: You do know that GeoW4 is 60fps on the Bone, right? Well at least the MP is 60..

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Yes, except to fanboys desperate to say that XB1 has no exclusives.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GhostHawk196

@Guy_Brohski: Given that Gears of War is both a single player (coop) and a multiplayer game (a damn good game btw). Can you really go back to playing at a choppy 30fps (which felt like 10fps) after playing the game at 60? I personally can't. I don't understand, after nearly a decade later, they couldn't get the campaign to 60fps... Thats just fucked...The 30fps isn't even a smooth one, there's stutters everywhere and just a putrid experience on the Xbone...

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Yes....if you want to play those games you will need an Xbox ( MS ) or W10 ( MS ), which will make it a MS exclusive.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Something that people are having a real hard time grasping because they're idiots is that Xbox is no longer a console. Its their entire gaming division that includes PC

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Something that people are having a real hard time grasping because they're idiots is that Xbox is no longer a console. Its their entire gaming division that includes PC

The question is do we have to rename Lemmings, combine them with Hermits or split the Hermit faction in 2?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@mems_1224 said:

The question is do we have to rename Lemmings, combine them with Hermits or split the Hermit faction in 2?

Hermits have always been lemmings, they just never realized it 0_0

Or we could go with Lermits

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

then I guess the huge barage of games that are PS4/PC only are PS4 exclusive since lems are so deadset on bastardizing the term "exclusive"

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Who cares anymore?

Sony is pumping out so many games I could barely keep count.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69731 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Who cares anymore?

So you can't count to 10?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

MS vision is excellent as long as they keep with it. They are allowing you the choice, to be a Windows 10 gamer or xbox Scorpio console gamer in the future? Either way MS does not care where you play xbox games, they win either way.

I see know downside to crossplay, games likely will not die off on PC. If i do buy a xbox Scorpio the crossbuy feature does suit me if i ever plan to upgrade my PC for games that are exclusive to PC.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GhostHawk196

@Pedro said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Who cares anymore?

You my friend, and along with @Guy_Brohski, are the biggest Lems i've ever seen. Absofuckinglutely shameless lems...

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Guy_Brohski

@GhostHawk196: So the Xbox One is a 10fps console because Gears 4 MP is 60fps, but the 30fps single player "feels like 10fps in comparison"? The mind boggles..

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

It should have been a thing a long time ago. It was clear that Microsoft was going in the direction of attending to PC gamers, and Xbox One gamers at the same time, and even more so with the "Play Anywhere" they've got going on. They are focusing on people that like to do pro-gaming on their PC, and casual gaming on their consoles. Pro-consumer Microsoft again, and definitely exclusive to their platforms.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

In their mind's I'm sure it is. But logically, no.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

I'm so glad that I won't be needing an Xbone to play their games. Hopefully their plan will never change.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 speedfog

@Shewgenja: yet I remember alot of cows claiming psvita and ps4 games "Sony exclusives" same for the ps3 games that received a port to the ps4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@speedfog said:

@Shewgenja: yet I remember alot of cows claiming psvita and ps4 games "Sony exclusives" same for the ps3 games that received a port to the ps4.

Its only exclusive when Sony does it.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 speedfog

@GoldenElementXL: someone should make a official SW poll to this.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

I suppose, albeit it's not terribly impactful if the games go to Steam in place of Xbox/UWP. Even if the game is on Windows, distribution through Steam is going to dilute the unified Xbox playerbase and cost MS licensing revenue (but maybe it's worth the tradeoff as long as it drives Windows licenses - but I hesitate to think that Xbox players are going to be into the idea of paying for updates to their OS).

In the near future, MS is going to have to declare thermonuclear war on Steam and Oculus as distribution platforms and I question the presumed alliance between Oculus and MS with respect to VR. I'm not sure the numbers make sense to allow Oculus a cut on the licensing model and an acquisition seems like it'd be more costly than it's worth, especially considering the wave of positive press the Scorpio is getting. MS is wholly capable of making their own headset and monopolizing the business model rather than allowing Facebook a cut. And in the tech industry meta, I don't think Nadella or the MS board are terribly into the idea of allowing Facebook a place in their ecosystem.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#32 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Just a stupid term used by fanboys.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

the problem is not the term but how the world exclusive have been use in gaming the wrong way the

"oh but its on PC" its a butthurt way to degrade xbox

back on ps2 days no one say "oh but Final fantasy 7 its on PC"

or Ps1 days no one say "oh but Resident evil its on PC"

it all stated when xbox started dominating Sony on Pc/consol games

Titanfall for exaple

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

No, this is SYSTEM WARS.

In reality, the Xbox ONE is now out of the race practically..... and the Console vs PC debate just took a big hit as well.

System Wars is now practically PC vs PS4 ... and what a curb stomping it is. Peasants can no longer hide behind the X1 to buff numbers, and the Wii U has literally 1 more game left in its line up ... the PS4 gets 1 good game every 6 months.

System Wars has been over for years.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By panda30

@MBirdy88 said:

No, this is SYSTEM WARS.

In reality, the Xbox ONE is now out of the race practically..... and the Console vs PC debate just took a big hit as well.

System Wars is now practically PC vs PS4 ... and what a curb stomping it is. Peasants can no longer hide behind the X1 to buff numbers, and the Wii U has literally 1 more game left in its line up ... the PS4 gets 1 good game every 6 months.

1) your an idiot of you think ps4 can take on Pc

2) xbox out of the race? Dude they have 3 consols now

the are far from Done if anithig ps4 its out of the race

Nintendo have NX for 2017

Xbox have Scorpio for 2017

and Sony just got left behind they have 1 year to Rush a consol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Never implied PS4 > PC ... the opposite.

3 consoles? so what.... no unique games, nobody needs an xbox over PC, it now has no exclusives in the meta game. its a poor man's PC substitute with no unique advantage.

@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

No, this is SYSTEM WARS.

1) your an idiot of you think ps4 can take on Pc

2) xbox out of the race? Dude they have 3 consols now

the are far from Done if anithig ps4 its out of the race

Nintendo have NX for 2017

Xbox have Scorpio for 2017

and Sony just got left behind they have 1 year to Rush a consol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pedro

@MBirdy88 said:

3 consoles? so what.... no unique games, nobody needs an xbox over PC, it now has no exclusives in the meta game. its a poor man's PC substitute with no unique advantage.

Console gamers buy consoles because it have a "unique" advantage over PC? So all this time console gamers wanted to game on the PC but this "unique" advantage was holding them back? Interesting. Tell me more.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

MS exclusives are "Windows 10 Exclusives". The X1 is a Windows 10 box/device.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Pedro said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Console gamers buy consoles because it have a "unique" advantage over PC? So all this time console gamers wanted to game on the PC but this "unique" advantage was holding them back? Interesting. Tell me more.

sorry this is system wars... little cop outs like "preference" are not how it works here.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 panda30

@MBirdy88 said:

are you saying PS4 > PC >xbox

because it seems like it and let me Remind you all the games are on Microsoft Windows not PC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

because it seems like it and let me Remind you all the games are on Microsoft Windows not PC

...... how can you mis-read what I am typing? What is the opposite of PS4 > PC ... that is right friend... PC > PS4.

You must be new here. SYSTEM WARS, NOT COMPANY WARS. PC and Xbox are not the same set of SYSTEMS. Therefore the are competing. Exclusives play a big part of the SYSTEM WARS META, you do not need an Xbox to play any Microsoft games, therefore the XBOX value just dropped incredibly.

A Personal Computer is made up of many components, any operating system than runs on a Standard PC is but a component. So actually yes, Microsoft Windows = PC. MAC OS X = PC, LINUX = PC ... I Could use them all ON ONE SYSTEM.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Why does it matter? I didn't think this was "company wars." I refuse to be associated with the Xbox fanboys :p

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Sure. It's not like the metagame is even around anymore, and some Sony fans have been saying "Sony Exclusive" for a while.

And lems and hermits thought it was stupid until MS starting doing it and now it is what it is.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

It's going to take awhile for understanding to sink into these forum dwellers that the Xbox brand has transcended into something bigger and better than just being one thing. All these gaming companies want their content to be available on more platforms but their ability to do so is so limited compared to the flexing power MS are equipped with. Microsoft is a conglomerate as they could reach further than these other gaming companies combined. I'm a console gamer for life so it's amazing how MS is bringing PC content and players to my console to my disposal. Xbox makes gaming fun again. #XboxAnywhere

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@Pedro said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Who cares anymore?

You my friend, and along with @Guy_Brohski, are the biggest Lems i've ever seen. Absofuckinglutely shameless lems...

They're not even the worst lems on this site lol.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 panda30

@MBirdy88 said:
@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

...... how can you mis-read what I am typing? What is the opposite of PS4 > PC ... that is right friend... PC > PS4.

You must be new here. SYSTEM WARS, NOT COMPANY WARS. PC and Xbox are not the same set of SYSTEMS. Therefore the are competing. Exclusives play a big part of the SYSTEM WARS META, you do not need an Xbox to play any Microsoft games, therefore the XBOX value just dropped incredibly.

A Personal Computer is made up of many components, any operating system than runs on a Standard PC is but a component. So actually yes, Microsoft Windows = PC. MAC OS X = PC, LINUX = PC ... I Could use them all ON ONE SYSTEM.

Windows OS = Operating System you know that thing xbox one run on

LOL

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Lems want to think its a thing but its not. Fact is Xbone has no exclusives left except a few Kinect games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@panda30 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Windows OS = Operating System you know that thing xbox one run on

LOL

.... technically so is Windows 10 on mobile phones, but can it play your xbox games? no.

Can XBOX play PC games? no.

stop failing please.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By panda30

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Lems want to think its a thing but its not. Fact is Xbone has no exclusives left except a few Kinect games.

Fact Xbox = Windows

Look I am Playing My Xbox One Game On Windows 10 So get Rekt

Windows is Xbox

get over it