Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Vatusus said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

"Kojima is king of stealth games". Lmfao. Who is this kid?

He is. He created the genre and made the (arguably) best stealth mechanics in games to date. I know you hermits have a hard'on for thief (your avy kinda gives you away) but MGS has been regarded as the king of the genre for years now. You're entitled to your own opinion but you shouldnt despise other's as legitimate as yours.

He created the genre? How? Wasteland was the first game to have stealth mechanics. MGS is king of the genre? OK I respect your opinion. But he didn't create the genre. That's wrong.

What Jag said ^^^

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#52  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Kojima is a genius though

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#53  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Quiet is worst character design i have ever seen in gaming history.

other than watching death stranding trailer (which doesnot even looks like game itself) it looks same cheesy.

I thought girls were icky though

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Hideo is up there with the greatest, love him or hate him.

And death stranding was once more one of these hideo moments of " WTF is going on, crazy shit ". And thats why i like this guy. Bottom line is ... im glad he moved away from MGS series and making something new from scratch.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It's the gameplay I enjoy. The story is all kinds of fckered up

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#56 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Vatusus said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

"Kojima is king of stealth games". Lmfao. Who is this kid?

He is. He created the genre and made the (arguably) best stealth mechanics in games to date. I know you hermits have a hard'on for thief (your avy kinda gives you away) but MGS has been regarded as the king of the genre for years now. You're entitled to your own opinion but you shouldnt despise other's as legitimate as yours.

He created the genre? How? Wasteland was the first game to have stealth mechanics. MGS is king of the genre? OK I respect your opinion. But he didn't create the genre. That's wrong.

Since when did Wasteland have stealth mechanics? And even if it did, that released in 1988, a year after Metal Gear released in 1987.

Sorry my mistake. The first stealth game was actually Castle Wolfenstein, released for the Apple II in 1981 by Muse. My point stands. He didn't create stealth genre :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts
@Jag85 said:

MGSV was rough around the edges, but the core gameplay mechanics were excellent and forward-thinking, in some ways anticipating Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And the reason MGSV was rough around the edges was because Konami didn't let him finish the project, so you can't blame Kojima for how Konami screwed him over.

The codec hints are usually mostly cryptic or subtle, which don't come anywhere close to the kind of hand-holding you see in most modern AAA games. By Metal Gear 1, are you referring to Kojima's actual MSX game or the inferior NES game? Have you played the MSX game Metal Gear 2? And have you tried the Extreme and European Extreme difficulty modes in MGS 1-3?

I have played the MSX versions of both games.Metal Gear 2 is only hard at the beginning but gets easier and easier when you keep leveling up.

I have tried the xtreme difficulty of MGS 1 but it was too annoying to be enjoyable.(Due to the lack of rations) couln't force myself to play the game after Hind D bossfight.(Because I had to go a lot way back to find some guards)

for MGS 2 and 3, I have only played half of MGS 3 on that extreme difficulty(Before my disc broke) and it wasn't that hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Sorry my mistake. The first stealth game was actually Castle Wolfenstein, released for the Apple II in 1981 by Muse. My point stands. He didn't create stealth genre :-)

K. Seems legit. I can admit when I was wrong. However no one correlates stealth to wolfenstein. They do with MG so... yeah

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@Gatygun said:
@tgob89 said:
Loading Video...

Something something, Kojima I don't like him wahhha

And yet he's still creating a more interesting and thought provoking title than anything we've seen from PC this generation.

Is this a PC fanboy group therapy meeting?

You guys don't seem to have any problems supporting and paying upfront for glitchy , unpolished and unfinished PC games like Star Citizen and PUBG so you really shouldn't have any problems with whatever Kojima is doing.

At least we know Kojima's game will be complete and polished without tons of glaring defects and game breaking bugs like the type of games you guys love :). Different standards.

I skip every cutscene in games, ever dialogue.

You know why? because i want to play my games.

That's why i mostly play moba's / multiplayer games / rts / mmo's.

If i want to see a horror movie, i will put a horror movie up and be done with the story in 1-2 hours from that point. even then i have to do something else besides it or i will just fall asleep. ( i mostly game beside it )

Hell i even go so far, that i don't play ranked in league for example, because the ban time takes me already to long time.

I wanna start my game and play until the moment i'm done.

So you're saying you pretty much have the attention span of a squirrel...lmao.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Yes but there was a story reason why Quiet needed to wear a minimal amount of clothing...

lorddaggeroff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#62  Edited By lorddaggeroff
Member since 2008 • 2433 Posts

Japan is the king of man children, that's why the entire planets drawn to it.

If you look deeper you'll know Hideo kojimas actually a lovely guy in a manchild country hidden amongst shame and sallery man

ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

Castle Wolfenstein fan here. I salute those who played the game back then and still cherish it today. Regardless, Merry Christmas System Warriors!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#64 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

The first stealth game is actually even older than that, Manbiki Shounen from 1979. Either way, while the idea of stealth was around years earlier, stealth didn't actually become a genre until Metal Gear came along.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#65 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I wouldn't have him any other way.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points