Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

His games have such a dumb script yet he thinks he is some kind of a genius. Not to mention the way he portrays females in his video games. On one hand he wants to tell "dark thrillers". On other hand he shows characters like Quiet dancing in bikini in rain and making sexy (rather childish) poses for horny teens on a military base.

Discuss.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Quiet is worst character design i have ever seen in gaming history.

other than watching death stranding trailer (which doesnot even looks like game itself) it looks same cheesy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

Creepy 50+ year old Japanese man hanging around with a 20+ year old girl he essentially turned into a digital sex doll.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

Creepy 50+ year old Japanese man hanging around with a 20+ year old girl he essentially turned into a digital sex doll.

Lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#5  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19382 Posts

Kojima took the "man-child" thing way too literally with that Death Stranding trailer.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud_imperium

@Jag85 said:

Kojima took the "man-child" thing way too literally with that Death Stranding trailer.

LMFAO.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

He seems to be king of cheesy weirdness. What's annoying is poeple taking his works seriously and try to tell people his stories are deep or something. He has taken his characters from B movies and does games that are like B movies. I'm not a fan.

So in short, yes. He makes immature games for immature people.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
Loading Video...

I only remember this rain scene.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7693 Posts

@freedomfreak: shower one better

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@Litchie said:

He seems to be king of cheesy weirdness. What's annoying is poeple taking his works seriously and try to tell people his stories are deep or something. He has taken his characters from B movies and does games that are like B movies. I'm not a fan.

Typical human behavior. Look at art / music for example.

Dude knows his audience and exploits in on it to make more profit. At the end didn't metal gear solid cost a insane amount of money to make? Guess he needed to exploit it to the max to make its return on it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

He's not a man child. He's the man child.

Which can be great sometimes.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man is a man child LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Finally a positive Kojima thread :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indzman

@Litchie said:

Says Litchie who prefers Mario and Pokemon :P

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Most japanese devs including nintendo ones seem that way to me but, they f****ing make great games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

I can think of worse man children in the industry (like Masahiro Sakurai).

@Litchie said:

As much as I like MG, there's a reason I prefer Splinter Cell (the old ones, at least). Splinter Cell actually feels straightforward in what the hell they're talking about and never distracts itself with too much BS that have nothing to do with the game

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud_imperium

@freedomfreak: Hahaha

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

@indzman: I thought we established I don't like Pokemon. And I'm tired of posting CS lewis' quote on maturity, please don't make me.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 indzman

@Litchie said:

@indzman: I thought we established I don't like Pokemon. And I'm tired of posting CS lewis' quote on maturity, please don't make me.

I'll make you Here and Now, don't tempt me now xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'm a man child. What's the problem of being a man child?

Strict societal "norms" are whats wrong with common thought

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

I never pay attention to Kojima if he was a Man Child, just never care about it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

Certainly no worse then some people who post here. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Litchie said:

His stories are definitely deeper and/or more thought provoking than 98% of "kill bad guy, save the world" videogame plots out there. Kojima's plots may not be the best narratives in the world but they're definitely above the average videogame plot.

Yes, they're convoluted and non-sensical at times, some with severe plot holes but at least they try to be different than the average videogame tropes. In that sense, he deserves some kind of recognition. He also likes to break the 4th wall in his games, something that very few developers can even do right.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@Vatusus said:
@Litchie said:

His stories are definitely deeper and/or more thought provoking than 98% of "kill bad guy, save the world" videogame plots out there. Kojima's plots may not be the best narratives in the world but they're definitely above the average videogame plot.

Yes, they're convoluted and non-sensical at times, some with severe plot holes but at least they try to be different than the average videogame tropes. In that sense, he deserves some kind of recognition. He also likes to break the 4th wall in his games, something that very few developers can even do right.

XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Vatusus said:
@Litchie said:

XD

Elaborate what is wrong with my post. A "XD" just shows me you have nothing. You know its true. Videgame plots are, on average, straight up cliche and predictable. Kojima's plots are, at the very least, different. You may think they arent good, and you're entitled to your opinion, but no one cant rightfully say they're not different and/or unique

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@ghosts4ever: quiet is deeper than princess peach and zelda combine concept wise. Theres a scientific and complex reason why shes always half naked. But w.e kojimas games are meant to go over the simple minded heads.

Things is this world mailnly consists of the simple minded.

A real man is a man child. A real man knows hes still a mans child.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "Creepy 50+ year old Japanese man hanging around with a 20+ year old girl he essentially turned into a digital sex doll."

So he's basically living the American dream haha

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Cant wait for Kojima's next AAAA Playstation exclusive Death Stranding

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cloud_imperium

@Livecommander: Hilarious comment.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

He's a (bad) movie director.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I dunno, but his cutscenes make me nod off

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Not really , I would look at PC excluive directors, they know there has only been 1 10/10 exclusive in the history of GS, not to mention a lack of GOTY exclusives in the last decade +

GS has said PC is a FLOP

Consoles is where the best of the best lives as per GS.

We trust and accept their findings and unbiased research.

Thank GOD for consoles where the BEST of the BEST reside.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jag85

Hideo Kojima is a great game designer. Even if you strip away all the cinematics, Kojima's underlying game design is excellent. He often gets carried away with the cinematics, which can detract from the gameplay, but there's no denying that his actual gameplay is great.

But even if we were to judge him as a movie director, he's pretty decent. The closest thing to a Hideo Kojima movie, Captain America: Winter Soldier, is a critically-acclaimed movie (89% on Rotten Tomatoes). Yet much of its plot is ripped straight out of the Metal Gear series (Stan Lee is a Hideo Kojima fan, so no surprise there), and Metal Gear did it better. Kojima's cinematic storytelling certainly isn't Oscar material, but he can hold his own against Hollywood blockbusters.

However, Kojima's style is an acquired taste. He's not afraid of throwing in batshit insane silliness for the sake of it, forcing audiences to suspend disbelief. In that regard, he's almost like the Tarantino of video games. Tarantino is also known for his over-the-top batshit insane silliness, which his fans love, as do Kojima's fans. Kojima has his own unique signature style, one that isn't trying to ape Hollywood (unlike almost every other cinematic game developer). Many love Kojima's style, and some also hate it, but the fact that he even has his own unique signature style makes him stand out from the pack.

And for those who think Kojima is a bad writer, I'd recommend checking out his adventure games, Snatcher and Policenauts, which have some of the best writing in the video game medium. The writing issues that plague the Metal Gear universe are similar to the writing issues that plague comic book universes (e.g. contradictions, retcons, and confusion). But when taking a break from the convoluted Metal Gear series, Snatcher and Policenauts are where Kojima's writing truly shines.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Something something, Kojima I don't like him wahhha

Loading Video...

And yet he's still creating a more interesting and thought provoking title than anything we've seen from PC this generation.

Is this a PC fanboy group therapy meeting?

You guys don't seem to have any problems supporting and paying upfront for glitchy , unpolished and unfinished PC games like Star Citizen and PUBG so you really shouldn't have any problems with whatever Kojima is doing.

At least we know Kojima's game will be complete and polished without tons of glaring defects and game breaking bugs like the type of games you guys love :). Different standards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

The most overrated game developer on earth.

None of his games deserve more than 8.(Excluding the first 2 Metal Gear games that at least tried to be games. PP is a pretty poor open world game. Have no idea about PW.)

The main reason he has become famous is because:

1.when MGS came out , that was the only stealth franchise on consoles.(Tenchu was the first but it didn't become that popular for some reason)

2.Game reviewers on sites hate challenging games. MGS on the other hand were always too easy and most of the time reviewers needed to watch cutscenes instead of playing the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

@tgob89 said:

Loading Video...

And yet he's still creating a more interesting and thought provoking title than anything we've seen from PC this generation.

Random shit with no gameplay.

Exciting.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@tgob89 said:

Loading Video...

Random shit with no gameplay.

Exciting.

Well that does describe the majority of point and click games PC fans worship so I guess that should excite you.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11120 Posts

He may be, but he's the greatest video game director on earth. So that's fine.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jag85

@dorog1995 said:

The most overrated game developer on earth.

None of his games deserve more than 8.(Excluding the first 2 Metal Gear games that at least tried to be games. PP is a pretty poor open world game. Have no idea about PW.)

The main reason he has become famous is because:

1.when MGS came out , that was the only stealth franchise on consoles.(Tenchu was the first but it didn't become that popular for some reason)

2.Game reviewers on sites hate challenging games. MGS on the other hand were always too easy and most of the time reviewers needed to watch cutscenes instead of playing the game.

The Phantom Pain had some of the best open-world sandbox gameplay. The issue was lack of content, but the actual gameplay mechanics were solid and its forward-thinking open-world design was almost like a precursor to Zelda BOTW.

As for those two points:

1. The first stealth game on consoles was the original Metal Gear, from way back in 1987. Kojima has been the king of the stealth genre for thirty years, from 1987 to 2017.

2. The classic Metal Gear games (Metal Gear 1-2 and MGS 1-3) offered significantly more challenge than today's AAA games.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@tgob89 said:

Loading Video...

Is this a PC fanboy group therapy meeting?

You guys don't seem to have any problems supporting and paying upfront for glitchy , unpolished and unfinished PC games like Star Citizen and PUBG so you really shouldn't have any problems with whatever Kojima is doing.

At least we know Kojima's game will be complete and polished without tons of glaring defects and game breaking bugs like the type of games you guys love :). Different standards.

I skip every cutscene in games, ever dialogue.

You know why? because i want to play my games.

That's why i mostly play moba's / multiplayer games / rts / mmo's.

If i want to see a horror movie, i will put a horror movie up and be done with the story in 1-2 hours from that point. even then i have to do something else besides it or i will just fall asleep. ( i mostly game beside it )

Hell i even go so far, that i don't play ranked in league for example, because the ban time takes me already to long time.

I wanna start my game and play until the moment i'm done.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_imperium

@Heil68: You ok buddy? Sure you are not in wrong thread?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cloud_imperium

"Kojima is king of stealth games". Lmfao. Who is this kid?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@Cloud_imperium said:

He is. He created the genre and made the (arguably) best stealth mechanics in games to date. I know you hermits have a hard'on for thief (your avy kinda gives you away) but MGS has been regarded as the king of the genre for years now. You're entitled to your own opinion but you shouldnt despise other's as legitimate as yours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@Jag85 said:

The Phantom Pain had some of the best open-world sandbox gameplay. The issue was lack of content, but the actual gameplay mechanics were solid and its forward-thinking open-world design was almost like a precursor to Zelda BOTW.

The issue of PP is that it gives you lots of options but the majority of tools(Like firearms) reduce your rank in missions.(Pandemic's Mercenaries at least doesn't ruin your fun when requesting lots of firepower)

Another problem was the overpowered upgrades that just make you stop caring about using different tactics.(near the end player Just stuns and fultons everyone)

It also had other problem such as : awful side ops missions , awful free roam and an awful travel system.

As for those two points:

1. The first stealth game on consoles was the original Metal Gear, from way back in 1987. Kojima has been the king of the stealth genre for thirty years, from 1987 to 2017.

2. The classic Metal Gear games (Metal Gear 1-2 and MGS 1-3) offered significantly more challenge than today's AAA games.

What challenge ? Those games had radio codecs to help everyone to cheat their way through.(And tell the players about how to play the game without figuring it out)

metal gear 1 was challenging and that was due to cheap puzzles(calling that woman with codec in specific part to open a door) and that awful metal gear bossfight.

The only good challenging one was MGS 1 and it was only it's bossfight battles.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jag85

@dorog1995 said:
@Jag85 said:

The issue of PP is that it gives you lots of options but the majority of tools(Like firearms) reduce your rank in missions.(Pandemic's Mercenaries at least doesn't ruin your fun when requesting lots of firepower)

Another problem was the overpowered upgrades that just make you stop caring about using different tactics.(near the end player Just stuns and fultons everyone)

It also had other problem such as : awful side ops missions , awful free roam and an awful travel system.

As for those two points:

What challenge ? Those games had radio codecs to help everyone to cheat their way through.(And tell the players about how to play the game without figuring it out)

metal gear 1 was challenging and that was due to cheap puzzles(calling that woman with codec in specific part to open a door) and that awful metal gear bossfight.

The only good challenging one was MGS 1 and it was only it's bossfight battles.

MGSV was rough around the edges, but the core gameplay mechanics were excellent and forward-thinking, in some ways anticipating Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And the reason MGSV was rough around the edges was because Konami didn't let him finish the project, so you can't blame Kojima for how Konami screwed him over.

The codec hints are usually mostly cryptic or subtle, which don't come anywhere close to the kind of hand-holding you see in most modern AAA games. By Metal Gear 1, are you referring to Kojima's actual MSX game or the inferior NES game? Have you played the MSX game Metal Gear 2? And have you tried the Extreme and European Extreme difficulty modes in MGS 1-3?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cloud_imperium

@Vatusus said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

He is. He created the genre and made the (arguably) best stealth mechanics in games to date. I know you hermits have a hard'on for thief (your avy kinda gives you away) but MGS has been regarded as the king of the genre for years now. You're entitled to your own opinion but you shouldnt despise other's as legitimate as yours.

He created the genre? How? Wasteland was the first game to have stealth mechanics. MGS is king of the genre? OK I respect your opinion. But he didn't create the genre. That's wrong.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jag85

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Vatusus said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

He created the genre? How? Wasteland was the first game to have stealth mechanics. MGS is king of the genre? OK I respect your opinion. But he didn't create the genre. That's wrong.

Since when did Wasteland have stealth mechanics? And even if it did, that released in 1988, a year after Metal Gear released in 1987.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Quiet is worst character design i have ever seen in gaming history.

other than watching death stranding trailer (which doesnot even looks like game itself) it looks same cheesy.

Well, your opinion is worthless, so nobody cares, sniper.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

His stories are a little...odd. That being said, I've always thought the MGS series is great.