Is Call of Duty a series for casual gamers?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

you are playing on pc. its extremely easy to play a shooter with mouse and keyboard. Androvinus

*sigh*

The control scheme makes the difference between a core and a casual game, right :roll: ?

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
[QUOTE="DraugenCP"]

[QUOTE="iammason"]

'Hardcore' and 'hard' are not the same thing.

Didn't say it was.

[QUOTE="iammason"]Call of Duty is fairly hard core in it's own rights. Those who say it's casual are just haters since the game is so mainstream now. I'm not even going to bother voting because it's obviously a land slide vote. And if it was that casual, my fiance would be able to play. And what's wrong with a linear game? Just because you don't get to make a choice, doesn't make it a terrible game.DraugenCP

About the linearity. That doesn't indicate a game being casual in itself, but the hand holding way in which CoD does it is. Moreover, there's a big difference between linear games that subtlely push you in the right direction (Half-Life 2) and games that violently push you into the only right path as every alternative route is blocked off by machine gun turrets and even invisible walls.

Also, I don't think 'casual' necessarily means that anyone can play it. It depends entirely on your definition, but I usually see casual gamers as people who don't spend a lot of time gaming, and only stick to familiar blockbuster titles such as Halo, GTA, and indeed CoD. I'd classify people who usually never even go near video games as non-gamers.

I suppose I can agree with you on that.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="YuriSH"]No it is not. Just because it's easy to play for you guys doesn't mean it's easy for casuals. They tend to have lack of coordination when dealing with controllers and I've seen this plenty of times to know it isn't as casual as people think it is. Games like Duck Hunt and Time Crisis I'd say is more casual than CoDAndrovinus

It's easy to play for my CLASSMATES. People who has never, ever, touched a game, and only tried it with my laptop at school.

If you really believe it's not casual, then you should check how in touch with reality you are.

you are playing on pc. its extremely easy to play a shooter with mouse and keyboard.

Countertrike says different, would you like to try that again?
YuriSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 YuriSH
Member since 2010 • 1803 Posts

[QUOTE="YuriSH"]No it is not. Just because it's easy to play for you guys doesn't mean it's easy for casuals. They tend to have lack of coordination when dealing with controllers and I've seen this plenty of times to know it isn't as casual as people think it is. Games like Duck Hunt and Time Crisis I'd say is more casual than CoDN30F3N1X

It's easy to play for my CLASSMATES. People who has never, ever, touched a game, and only tried it with my laptop at school.

If you really believe it's not casual, then you should check how in touch with reality you are.

Sorry, I don't want it to seem as if I'm backing out on my statement that CoD isn't a casual game, but I'm really focusing the thing I notice for casual having problems being able to coordinate well with CONTROLLERS and I can't speak first hand on casuals with mouse and keyboard, because I've never seen it before. Honestly forgot the latest CoD games are on pc lol.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

[QUOTE="Doom_HellKnight"]If being easy to pick up and play means it's for casuals, then sure...YuriSH

Well yes this could be another possibility. It being "casual", as in making it casual by force :twisted:

So if easy to pick=casual and CoD=easy to pick, then CoD=casual.

This is fact, since it follows logic.;)

But I don't think that's the case for casual gamers. We think it's easy to pick up to play because we have played shooters before. Just from past things I've seen, casuals seems to have lots of issues trying to move using two analogs, so while someone could say it's trying to appeal to casual it doesn't necessarily mean it's very casual friendly I really doubt a casual could just pick up a controller and play CoD with ease.

Apparently they can, and do, because I have a life-long friend who, along with his cousins and other family members, never played any other form of games while we were growing up and now they all play CoD and Halo and nothing else.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#56 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
It's as hardcore or casual as you make it.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

you are playing on pc. its extremely easy to play a console shooter with mouse and keyboard. Androvinus

Fixed. An actual PC shooter should have something called recoil. Real recoil doesn't involve the game assisting you by returning the reticle to the original position all by itself and mostly just moving the weapon model so that it looks like recoil.

YuriSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 YuriSH
Member since 2010 • 1803 Posts

[QUOTE="YuriSH"][QUOTE="glez13"]

Well yes this could be another possibility. It being "casual", as in making it casual by force :twisted:

So if easy to pick=casual and CoD=easy to pick, then CoD=casual.

This is fact, since it follows logic.;)

Bigboi500

But I don't think that's the case for casual gamers. We think it's easy to pick up to play because we have played shooters before. Just from past things I've seen, casuals seems to have lots of issues trying to move using two analogs, so while someone could say it's trying to appeal to casual it doesn't necessarily mean it's very casual friendly I really doubt a casual could just pick up a controller and play CoD with ease.

Apparently they can, and do, because I have a life-long friend who, along with his cousins and other family members, never played any other form of games while we were growing up and now they all play CoD and Halo and nothing else.

Your definition of casual gamers is definitely different than mine then, because to me if a person has some type of commitment to a certain game then I wouldn't necessarily consider them a "casual" any more, because they have grown attached to those games to the point where they aren't casual any more. Like you said all they play is CoD and Halo. Also, I'm not saying casuals CANNOT play CoD at all I'm just saying I don't think it's as casual friendly as people say it is.
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]you are playing on pc. its extremely easy to play a shooter with mouse and keyboard. N30F3N1X

*sigh*

The control scheme makes the difference between a core and a casual game, right :roll: ?

Good job completely missing the point. the poster said that casuals have lack of coordination dealing with controllers.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Need to define casual.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Simple to play, but hard to master.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Need to define casual.

Silverbond

.......and after all the random debate someone finally asked this in the end of page 3.:|

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Simple to play, but hard to master.racing1750
Not at all, it is quite easy to master actually. You described Halo.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]you are playing on pc. its extremely easy to play a shooter with mouse and keyboard.Androvinus

*sigh*

Good job completely missing the point. the poster said that casuals have lack of coordination dealing with controllers.

You said mouse and keyboard specifically. ArmA 2 is a shooter. You can put two and two together.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

*sigh*

N30F3N1X

You said mouse and keyboard specifically. ArmA 2 is a shooter. You can put two and two together.

and you still dont know what I am talking about...and it would probably take you all day to understand. You are taking my statement out of context and I wont waste my time further.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

not really

you must love cod

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#68 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

It is, but not as much as say Halo. Halo is by far the most casual of all the popular shooters. Games like Socom are made more for the hardcore.

Gamtrix
Halo may be popular, but it's multiplayer is FAR more balanced and reliant on your playing skill. CoD is made up of one shot kills - it's who sees the other first. Most of my casual gaming friends prefer CoD to Halo as well, if that counts for anything. On topic, it's not "casual" like Wii Sports, but it's definitely something that's not daunting for the casual crowd as far as FPS's go.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Aside from the first game, its expansion and the second game, I'd say it is with a resounding "YES!"

Modern Warfare basically cemented it as a mainly casual series. Its what is making Activision the big bucks... despite screwing a lot of people over (even with subscriptions on the horizon) the casuals will still pay to play... no matter what, because it makes them "cool."

Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts
[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="YuriSH"]No it is not. Just because it's easy to play for you guys doesn't mean it's easy for casuals. They tend to have lack of coordination when dealing with controllers and I've seen this plenty of times to know it isn't as casual as people think it is. Games like Duck Hunt and Time Crisis I'd say is more casual than CoDiammason

Play some Hardcore modes in any CoD game. That is pretty darn hardcore if you ask me.

In some ways hardcore is easier than regular :o
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Semi-casual I think.

Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Keiji993
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

It looks like MOH is going to be better than COD Black Ops.

Link about beta improvement

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I recall everyone hyping the first MW to death here, and after it became popular people just started calling it casual. i think you should call theseries what you want, but i'm not getting black ops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
Not at all MW2 is simple to play and easy to master
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="YuriSH"] But I don't think that's the case for casual gamers. We think it's easy to pick up to play because we have played shooters before. Just from past things I've seen, casuals seems to have lots of issues trying to move using two analogs, so while someone could say it's trying to appeal to casual it doesn't necessarily mean it's very casual friendly I really doubt a casual could just pick up a controller and play CoD with ease.YuriSH

Your definition of casual gamers is definitely different than mine then, because to me if a person has some type of commitment to a certain game then I wouldn't necessarily consider them a "casual" any more, because they have grown attached to those games to the point where they aren't casual any more. Like you said all they play is CoD and Halo. Also, I'm not saying casuals CANNOT play CoD at all I'm just saying I don't think it's as casual friendly as people say it is.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because those guys (my friends) are the epitome of casual from my view. They just cannot play games that require patience and concentration because their attention spans are terrible. They don't know the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch, Nintendo and Sony, or EA and Bioware.

JMR09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JMR09
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

What constitutes as casual? A game that requires skill to overcome highly dynamic ai/hardcore online players? Or a game where you have to manage an inventory of a thousand items? Note that I'm not at all implying that MW2 falls under the first category, just simply asking an open ended question.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Well yes. Casual gamers who enjoy core titles buy it in droves, who do you think the main audience is?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"]Simple to play, but hard to master.toast_burner
Not at all MW2 is simple to play and easy to master

Agreed, this isn't Quake.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gamtrix
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"]Simple to play, but hard to master.millerlight89

What no. If it was easy to master, it would be easy to master for everyone thus making it hard to master. To call Cod casual and Halo hardcore is absurd. Halo is a much more simple straight forward game. Cod is way more "complex" then Halo is. And don't even try to say "competitive Halo" theres competitive Cod too.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="Androvinus"] Good job completely missing the point. the poster said that casuals have lack of coordination dealing with controllers.

Androvinus

and you still dont know what I am talking about...and it would probably take you all day to understand. You are taking my statement out of context and I wont waste my time further.

Easier to play a shooter with a mouse and keyboard? Keyboard and mouse don't have auto aim, and most people play with keyboard and mouse online so even if it is easier to aim with a mouse, its easier for evreyone...
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="racing1750"]Simple to play, but hard to master.Gamtrix

What no. If it was easy to master, it would be easy to master for everyone thus making it hard to master. To call Cod casual and Halo hardcore is absurd. Halo is a much more simple straight forward game. Cod is way more "complex" then Halo is. And don't even try to say "competitive Halo" theres competitive Cod too.

Halo easier the Call of Duty? yeah right... Call of Duty has zero recoil, evreybody dies in two to three shots, you move like you're superman etc. In Halo you actualy have to aim and use tactics to kill someone, it aint just about who saw who first.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Depends on your definition of "casual". Your mom's not gonna play it. But as in extremely aimed towards mass appeal, i.e. dudebro'd, sure.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gamtrix
[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] Not at all, it is quite easy to master actually. You described Halo.

Halo easier the Call of Duty? yeah right... Call of Duty has zero recoil, evreybody dies in two to three shots, you move like you're superman etc. In Halo you actualy have to aim and use tactics to kill someone, it aint just about who saw who first.

Wth? But in cod to be good your KD ratio isn't going to be the same as Halo... You have no clue here really. Halo is much more simple game, the mechanics are MUCH easier, and it's even designed from an artstyle for a more causal wider audience. Halo has no recoil either...
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"] What no. If it was easy to master, it would be easy to master for everyone thus making it hard to master. To call Cod casual and Halo hardcore is absurd. Halo is a much more simple straight forward game. Cod is way more "complex" then Halo is. And don't even try to say "competitive Halo" theres competitive Cod too. Gamtrix

Wth? But in cod to be good your KD ratio isn't going to be the same as Halo... You have no clue here really. Halo is much more simple game, the mechanics are MUCH easier, and it's even designed from an artstyle for a more causal wider audience. Halo has no recoil either...

lol halo is not more simple

Avatar image for _Judge_Gabranth
_Judge_Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 _Judge_Gabranth
Member since 2006 • 257 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"] What no. If it was easy to master, it would be easy to master for everyone thus making it hard to master. To call Cod casual and Halo hardcore is absurd. Halo is a much more simple straight forward game. Cod is way more "complex" then Halo is. And don't even try to say "competitive Halo" theres competitive Cod too. Gamtrix

But it takes longer to kill people in Halo so the lack or recoil doesnt matter. Cod is by far the most noob freindly game ever made. The game is about whoever shoots first. Cod is so popular because of how easy it is. Anyone can kill anyone in that game

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

On a scale of Peggle to Dragon Age, COD is down with Wii Sports and Nintendogs as games non-gamers want to just pick up and play. It's a very familiar experience, explosions and boolets just like popular war films. Your health regenerates for you, the action becomes the rule not the exception, and in the end you may as well have been playing a Michael Bay movie. Take that as you will.

But let me know when you see a bunch of college football jocks invite all their friends over for beer and Counter-Strike.

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="chaplainDMK"] Halo easier the Call of Duty? yeah right... Call of Duty has zero recoil, evreybody dies in two to three shots, you move like you're superman etc. In Halo you actualy have to aim and use tactics to kill someone, it aint just about who saw who first. _Judge_Gabranth

But it takes longer to kill people in Halo so the lack or recoil doesnt matter. Cod is by far the most noob freindly game ever made. The game is about whoever shoots first. Cod is so popular because of how easy it is. Anyone can kill anyone in that game

How is that more noob friendly? That means the pros will eat the noobs alive, Halo is about accuracy while cod is accuracy + reflex, they both take their own kind of skill and some of the same skill. Both are casual FPS or none are causla FPS. If you claim Cod is and Halo isn't your being biased. Halo is as simple an FPS as it can get, and it's community proves it's has mass casual appeal. And simply getting kills in cod isn't skill, I can get tons of clean up kills in halo too. Being goog is being good, theres more too it. THis board has a very odd hate relationship with Cod and it really distorts peoples opinions.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="chaplainDMK"] Halo easier the Call of Duty? yeah right... Call of Duty has zero recoil, evreybody dies in two to three shots, you move like you're superman etc. In Halo you actualy have to aim and use tactics to kill someone, it aint just about who saw who first. Anjunaddict

If it isn't more simple, it's just as simple. No aim down the sights, no perks, no sprint, no classes, no weapons custumization, no killstreaks, no prone. Halo is learn the maps and practice, Cod is learn the maps, guns, perks, killstreaks, techniques like drop shot etc. All I'm saying is either both are casual or none are casual. Do you disagree there? Do you think Cod is casual and halo isn't? I mean before someone says "Halo has teh MLG!" So does cod...
Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]Wth? But in cod to be good your KD ratio isn't going to be the same as Halo... You have no clue here really. Halo is much more simple game, the mechanics are MUCH easier, and it's even designed from an artstyle for a more causal wider audience. Halo has no recoil either... Gamtrix

If it isn't more simple, it's just as simple. No aim down the sights, no perks, no sprint, no classes, no weapons custumization, no killstreaks, no prone. Halo is learn the maps and practice, Cod is learn the maps, guns, perks, killstreaks, techniques like drop shot etc. All I'm saying is either both are casual or none are casual. Do you disagree there? Do you think Cod is casual and halo isn't? I mean before someone says "Halo has teh MLG!" So does cod...

Theres nothing to learn when it comes to perks, killstreaks etc. Theyre just options you select at the start of the game. And having a pavelow killing for you requires no skill at all. I love MW2, but its much easier to dominate in that game than it is Halo 3.

Halo is about weapon strategy, knowing the map, and just knowing how to fire a gun and move around. Good players, even if they get hit from behind, will be able to turn around and flip that battle back into their favour.

Both series cater to both casuals and hardcore, thats why they sell 10 million +. Its not something to bash either for.

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

Anjunaddict

Theres nothing to learn when it comes to perks, killstreaks etc. Theyre just options you select at the start of the game. And having a pavelow killing for you requires no skill at all. I love MW2, but its much easier to dominate in that game than it is Halo 3.

Halo is about weapon strategy, knowing the map, and just knowing how to fire a gun and move around. Good players, even if they get hit from behind, will be able to turn around and flip that battle back into their favour.

Both series cater to both casuals and hardcore, thats why they sell 10 million +. Its not something to bash either for.

Totally agreed with the last line. I was just saying, people were making Cod out to be this hello kitty casual fest and Halo as some super hardcore complex FPS.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Casual players can play call of duty but alot of hardcore gamers play it too

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"]Wth? But in cod to be good your KD ratio isn't going to be the same as Halo... You have no clue here really. Halo is much more simple game, the mechanics are MUCH easier, and it's even designed from an artstyle for a more causal wider audience. Halo has no recoil either... Gamtrix

CoD is't in the pro circuit, Halo 3 is... and for a good reason.

Sorry sir, but you are gonna have to provide a GT to show you have actually played Halo.

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]

alfredooo

Sorry sir, but you are gonna have to provide a GT to show you have actually played Halo.

Yes it is. And I've played plenty of Halo, I know the call outs for narrows for exampel, R1, L1, R2, L2 top mid etc lol. Halo fans are way to defensive, I'm not even bashing Halo, it's just beyond ridiculous that you guys think Cod is casual and Halo isn't. That's just ansurd reasoning.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

Yes it is. And I've played plenty of Halo, I know the call outs for narrows for exampel, R1, L1, R2, L2 top mid etc lol. Halo fans are way to defensive, I'm not even bashing Halo, it's just beyond ridiculous that you guys think Cod is casual and Halo isn't. That's just ansurd reasoning. Gamtrix

So no GT?

_Judge_Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 _Judge_Gabranth

In Cod anyone can kill anyone its just whoever shoots first and with all the aim assist its hard to miss. That is why Cod is casual

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] If it isn't more simple, it's just as simple. No aim down the sights, no perks, no sprint, no classes, no weapons custumization, no killstreaks, no prone. Halo is learn the maps and practice, Cod is learn the maps, guns, perks, killstreaks, techniques like drop shot etc. All I'm saying is either both are casual or none are casual. Do you disagree there? Do you think Cod is casual and halo isn't? I mean before someone says "Halo has teh MLG!" So does cod...Gamtrix

Yes it is. And I've played plenty of Halo, I know the call outs for narrows for exampel, R1, L1, R2, L2 top mid etc lol. Halo fans are way to defensive, I'm not even bashing Halo, it's just beyond ridiculous that you guys think Cod is casual and Halo isn't. That's just ansurd reasoning.

COD is more 'casual' than Halo. I hate the terms anyway, but when it comes to games - I play COD when I'm in the mood for some easy/fast paced run and gun, and Halo when I'm feeling competitive.
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="alfredooo"]

Ravensmash

COD is more 'casual' than Halo. I hate the terms anyway, but when it comes to games - I play COD when I'm in the mood for some easy/fast paced run and gun, and Halo when I'm feeling competitive.

That's YOU! Halo has TONS of "fun" uncompetitive playlists, and Cod has competitive playlists like barebones or hardcore, or search and destroy. I'm sorry but Halo fans are the most stubborn fanbase around. Halo is just as casual if not more then Cod. Anyone who says otherwise is being biased. It has nothing to do with being good or bad, it has nothing to do with being competitive or fun.

_Judge_Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 _Judge_Gabranth

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"]Yes it is. And I've played plenty of Halo, I know the call outs for narrows for exampel, R1, L1, R2, L2 top mid etc lol. Halo fans are way to defensive, I'm not even bashing Halo, it's just beyond ridiculous that you guys think Cod is casual and Halo isn't. That's just ansurd reasoning. Gamtrix

That's YOU! Halo has TONS of "fun" uncompetitive playlists, and Cod has competitive playlists like barebones or hardcore, or search and destroy. I'm sorry but Halo fans are the most stubborn fanbase around. Halo is just as casual if not more then Cod. Anyone who says otherwise is being biased. It has nothing to do with being good or bad, it has nothing to do with being competitive or fun.

I guess its official you have no idea what you are talking about. How is Hardcore mode competetive? It takes even less skill then regular Cod becuase people die even faster.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#99 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Mostly yes.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"]Yes it is. And I've played plenty of Halo, I know the call outs for narrows for exampel, R1, L1, R2, L2 top mid etc lol. Halo fans are way to defensive, I'm not even bashing Halo, it's just beyond ridiculous that you guys think Cod is casual and Halo isn't. That's just ansurd reasoning. Gamtrix

I play COD's 'Hardcore Search and Destroy' - it's still not as competitive as a Halo match. If you're that convinced, then do a poll ....but I believe I did one a while back and SW disagreed with you.