Is Bioshock Infinite Forgotten about already?

• 95 results
Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

The only thing that should be remembered is the ending, and story it told on the way. Other than that it was mediocre. Very disappointing.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Just saw this, but bioshock infinite is one of the top requested games for xbox backwards compatibility

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#53 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I liked the gameplay more than the other Bioshocks but it was still pretty mediocre as far as shooter combat goes. The story was at least engaging and not just a SS2 retelling though it makes no sense. I found it annoying how it referenced deep themes like religion and racism but didn't delve into them, kinda a cheap trick to make the story seem more meaningful than the sci-fi nonsense it turned into.

The setting is so cool at the start but it kinda gets old after a bit, I think Rapture was probably better fleshed out.

Overall not a series I am particularly enamored with, I think all of the games would have benefited from either better combat or much less combat. I thought the Bioshock Infinite DLC where you play as Elizabeth was pretty neat, kinda makes me think the series should have been stealth-focused from the start since sneaking around the detailed environments was really enjoyable.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It was one of the worst games I've ever played.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

People Knee jerk hated it and made it cool to whine about it that year

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#56 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

It exists everytime I see my Steam library. Why do you think a game must be spoken about for eons to still be liked by some?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@uninspiredcup: bioshock wasn't system shock 2, the stories and location of each game are different

The game play is similar, bioshock plays like a basic version of system shock 2

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

I got the game free from PSN+ 2 years ago and still havent touched it... IDK and it seemed like most people didnt care for it that much either.

And lets not for get that TLoU came out 2 months later

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@gwynnblade: Calm down, vatt'gern :P By the way what you've just said about Infinite is perfectly applicable to The Witcher 3 as well - great story, horrible gameplay

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@gwynnblade: Calm down, vatt'gern :P By the way what you've just said about Infinite is perfectly applicable to The Witcher 3 as well - great story, horrible gameplay

At least Witcher 3's gameplay wasn't 'objectively' horrible. Many liked it, including me. And there were no irreparable flaws in the game either. Gameplay of Bioshock Infinite was inherently flawed.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Is it "forgotten"? I mean there are heaps of awesome games that nobody mentions much any more. It's not uncommon.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Bioshock Infinite tried to be more of a pure shooter, but was terrible at it.

The game only got a good rep from it's interesting setting and it's distinct style. Gameplay wise, it was a huge fail. The plot was also boring and terrible. I bought the game in a bargain bin and was disappointed in it. I'm generally not very swayed by visuals like some people are.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#63 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No.

It's a good game, but hardly a game that should be brought up every chance we get.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

This was the first real graphic intensive game I played after I built my rig... boy did it open my eyes to the glorious power of the PC. For this, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Infinite.

That descent into Columbia was breathtaking.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#65 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Nope, you just made a thread about it.

Pretty much. lol

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15571 Posts

This is a stupid thread. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time, but unless it's specifically relevant to a thread there's no reason for me to bring it up.

Similarly Bioshock Infinite is a damn good game, but it came out 2 1/2 years ago and is a last gen title. As good as it may be it really isn't relevant in almost any thread.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14905 Posts

One of the most overrated games of the past gen.

Its story is plainly fucking stupid.

And the DLC goes against established canon of the first two games.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 texasgoldrush

@with_teeth26 said:

I liked the gameplay more than the other Bioshocks but it was still pretty mediocre as far as shooter combat goes. The story was at least engaging and not just a SS2 retelling though it makes no sense. I found it annoying how it referenced deep themes like religion and racism but didn't delve into them, kinda a cheap trick to make the story seem more meaningful than the sci-fi nonsense it turned into.

The setting is so cool at the start but it kinda gets old after a bit, I think Rapture was probably better fleshed out.

Overall not a series I am particularly enamored with, I think all of the games would have benefited from either better combat or much less combat. I thought the Bioshock Infinite DLC where you play as Elizabeth was pretty neat, kinda makes me think the series should have been stealth-focused from the start since sneaking around the detailed environments was really enjoyable.

But the DLC basically contradicts both Bioshock, and especially Bioshock 2, it was a complete mess that multiplies problems in the original game, stupid forceful contrived storytelling with very bad characterization.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Might be because it's not that good.

Pretty nice to look at though.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

The game was fun and besides a kinda confusing ending it was still tale I was invested in.. The DLC was complete horse crap that didint explain anything so it basically was pointless.I dont think its forgotten,but noone really brings it up is all

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nope. Still love it. It tied with the whole Bioshock universe. I love the whole multiverse theory and Elizabeth being Annabel. The trip back to Rapture was cool too.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I thought it sucked compared to the original bioshock.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Gaming-Planet said:

Nope. Still love it. It tied with the whole Bioshock universe. I love the whole multiverse theory and Elizabeth being Annabel. The trip back to Rapture was cool too.

Wrong. It fucked up the entire universe, especially the DLC.

**** canon, how the hell is Suchong alive in Burial At Sea? In Bioshock 2, he was dead well before the fall of Rapture. Nevermind they have already successfully bonded the Daddies to the Sisters well before the Fall.

And really, the first Bioshock had a large plothole in when the Big Daddy/Little Sister bond was, one which Bioshock 2 closed.

And then forcing Elizabeth to close plotholes of the first game, while ignoring what the second game did to close the holes...yuck.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#74 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

It really wasn't anything special.

TheSeptopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheSeptopus
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

It suffered from a long development cycle and showing demos of concepts that couldn't be executed. It still sold like 12 million copies, so I'm sure a vast majority of people remember it, possibly in a more positive light; however, a vast majority of those people don't frequent forums. I hold the series as a whole a little less fondly than most, and BioShock was the first game I got for the last console generation.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

This was the first real graphic intensive game I played after I built my rig... boy did it open my eyes to the glorious power of the PC. For this, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Infinite.

I think you mean ascent, You descend into Rapture, ascend into Columbia...

I preferred the original Bioshock much more. Better gameplay that didn't focus so much of the average gun-play, and I preferred the setting/atmosphere.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Nope. Still remember it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Rapture was more than just an environment and it evolved into an intricate character of the first game and its sequel. Columbia never had the same flash. That evolution between a mere environment and a character is what makes me impartial against Infinite. Although it might have been overkill I would have much preferred exploring more of Rapture than a city in the clouds. Something along the lines of Minerva's Den x 10.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

it is but I think ppl remember how quickly the studio shutdown after game was made and the devs abrupt shift to mobile I think

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

It's overrated like many high production value AAA games. The MatthewMatosis critique of the game is just perfect.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:
@enzyme36 said:

I think you mean ascent, You descend into Rapture, ascend into Columbia...

I preferred the original Bioshock much more. Better gameplay that didn't focus so much of the average gun-play, and I preferred the setting/atmosphere.

Not at all... you ascend above columbia really fast.... then you Descend through slowly, see the whole city, and go down that elevator shaft to get your baptism. Amazing stuff.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I absolutely loved the setting, it was beautiful, and I loved the way the city was being lived in until you came along. It's a shame Bioshock wasn't more of an RPG where you saw these fantastic worlds as they were being lived in.

Shooting wasn't good of course.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

It was pretty much just like the first Bioshock except Infinite wasnt a giant steaming pile of fucking shit garbage

Something like this ?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

... Bioshock Infinite was a immensely OVERRATED game with average shooter mechanics, and really head scratching design decisions that really show themselves at higher difficulties.. Furthermore the game's story becomes increasingly cliché and predictable half way in, in which the "twist" was basically easy to guess from a mile away if you were actually paying attention.. Quite frankly the interesting parts were the social commentary of xenophobia, ultra nationalism etc etc of the beginning, that was completely thrown by the way side for a stupid quantum leap plot device which had you running in a circle every so often.. The worse offense I can think of was the Chinese weapon designer section which had me shouting at the screen by that end of that ordeal "why the hell didn't you do that to begin with! Why the hell did you even go after the guy to begin with, if that is what happens in the end!"... Bioshock Infinite should not have gotten anywhere the praise compared to better games released before it during that gen like Deus Ex Human Revolution..

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I found Bioshock Infinite to be a rather mediocre game. Highly forgettable.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#86 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

It's a game that's memorable across all dimensions.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's better than this thread

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#88  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Bioshock Infinite is shit.

The original Bioshock is where it's at :)

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

No, it was an absolutely fantastic game. Story, visuals, music, characters, atmosphere, all top notch.

It's funny how people often say that the game mechanics feel "outdated" and often at the same time say that games of the old used to be better... Infinite definitely felt like an old school FPS, and I really enjoyed that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59006 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

No, it was an absolutely fantastic game. Story, visuals, music, characters, atmosphere, all top notch.

It's funny how people often say that the game mechanics feel "outdated" and often at the same time say that games of the old used to be better... Infinite definitely felt like an old school FPS, and I really enjoyed that.

But old school shooter allowed 10 weapons to be carried, varied enemies, intricate level design, resource deprivation, secrets encouraging exploration as well as multiplayer.

In the video game "Bioshock: Infinite", man walks in racist land line, two weapons only living out Quantum Leap Cosplay.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I loved it, enjoyed my time with it, that time has passed.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

It was absolute rubbish, good thing it got forgotten so quickly. I still cant understand why such a crappy game got so many positive reviews. Comparing it to System Shock 2 is a joke.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#93 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24932 Posts

Sum up bioshock infinite

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#94 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Sum up bioshock infinite

This is just sad.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Despite what people say I still want another BioShock game.

Wonder if they'll change the art style....