Is being in 3rd place for MS the same as failing?

• 74 results
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro's so desperate to defend his precious fail box that he has to bring up Sony's holiday bundles to counter. ???? Jesus fucking H Christ!

For Xbox, everyday's a holiday bundle. Remember when Microsoft expected people to pay $500 for an Xbox One X once? Yeah, those days were brief.

Glad you admitted to my accusation. :)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@boxrekt said:

There is so much wrong with this topic...

but yes Xbox is definitely in 4th place.

As for the rest of your post...

"i like my PC for my strategy games...and Xbone for multiplats,"

And that's just one thing.

Smh, god speed buddy.

To be fair I prefer using my PS4 for multiplats over PC cause the missus use's it too. I swear its more when I have a game on PC to play.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro's so desperate to defend his precious fail box that he has to bring up Sony's holiday bundles to counter. ???? Jesus fucking H Christ!

For Xbox, everyday's a holiday bundle. Remember when Microsoft expected people to pay $500 for an Xbox One X once? Yeah, those days were brief.

Glad you admitted to my accusation. :)

Yeah right, try getting a better argument next time. I don't even have to debate you since you do all the wrecking for me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Yeah right, try getting a better argument next time. I don't even have to debate you since you do all the wrecking for me.

My point was so sound that you literally proved my point with your response. LOL.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@Pedro said:

My point was so sound that you literally proved my point with your response. LOL.

You and "sound" don't belong in the same ballpark let alone the same sentence. Your Xgoonery trips you up every time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You and "sound" don't belong in the same ballpark let alone the same sentence. Your Xgoonery trips you up every time.

Don't be angry with me because you pretended that Spiderman bundles and regular sale prices didn't exist.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

I have to make a concession to the Xbox fans on this one: Being in last place is not the same as failing. Nintendo had a period where they operated comfortably in last place for years and still managed to turn enough of a profit to remain in the game.

And I have to make a second concession: Having a console fail does not necessarily mean a company is out of the running... Something Nintendo, again, demonstrated before. The next Xbox iteration could sell so poorly that it's more popular as custom mailboxes and exotic toilets than as a gaming console and Microsoft isn't necessarily out of the game.

But, when they fail to make their sales projections... that's a failure. So, yes, the Xbox One failed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pedro

@baelnergal said:

I have to make a concession to the Xbox fans on this one: Being in last place is not the same as failing. Nintendo had a period where they operated comfortably in last place for years and still managed to turn enough of a profit to remain in the game.

And I have to make a second concession: Having a console fail does not necessarily mean a company is out of the running... Something Nintendo, again, demonstrated before. The next Xbox iteration could sell so poorly that it's more popular as custom mailboxes and exotic toilets than as a gaming console and Microsoft isn't necessarily out of the game.

But, when they fail to make their sales projections... that's a failure. So, yes, the Xbox One failed.

I believe the initial projection was.....

1 Billion consoles. LMAO
1 Billion consoles. LMAO

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BenjaminBanklin  Online
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't be angry with me because you pretended that Spiderman bundles and regular sale prices didn't exist.

The only time PS4 bundles are ever on sale is during the holidays. Xbox One is on sale every time Phil Spencer farts. Not even exaggerating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@Pedro said:

Is there any link showing the Xbox in 3rd or 4th place? No sure how it can be in 4th place when there are only three consoles and if you anyone argues because of PC then PC wins every generation. LOL.

PC is excluded from console generation ''numbers'', because it's performance-wise like 2-3 generations ahead by default, when the ''new-gen'' consoles hit the market... LOL.

BTW, superior versions of Xbox "exclusives" are now also on PC thanks to MS's screw up with the Xone, win/win for PC gamers.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@boxrekt said:

There is so much wrong with this topic...

but yes Xbox is definitely in 4th place.

As for the rest of your post...

"i like my PC for my strategy games...and Xbone for multiplats,"

And that's just one thing.

Smh, god speed buddy.

Kids these days, coming in last some how changed to meaning they are still a winners.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ronvalencia: What!?!

I'm repeating Phil Spencer's POV

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/11/18661247/phil-spencer-interview-xbox-project-scarlett-xcloud-e3-2019

Traditionally, consoles have been heavy GPU, very light CPU

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

The only time PS4 bundles are ever on sale is during the holidays. Xbox One is on sale every time Phil Spencer farts. Not even exaggerating.

Yep, only during the holidays.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I don't know. If the Xbox brand isn't profitable for MS, it could be seen as a failure. But MS might be planning to not earn profits from the Xbox brand just yet. They might be building it up, until they can make it profitable in the future. In that case, if everything is currently going according to their plan, Xbox is not a failure. Yet, anyway. It all depends on what plan MS has.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

Same bundle ms had on its games and all failed to sell as spiderman did. Man you really are butthurt about spiderman success. ?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BenjaminBanklin  Online
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Same bundle ms had on its games and all failed to sell as spiderman did. Man you really are butthurt about spiderman success. ?

He's butthurt he had to buy a Playstation to have any fun this gen. Sony owns him.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

MS games are available via Gamepass bud.?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

He's butthurt he had to buy a Playstation to have any fun this gen. Sony owns him.

"The only time PS4 bundles are ever on sale is during the holidays."????

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BenjaminBanklin  Online
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

"The only time PS4 bundles are ever on sale is during the holidays."????

The only time Xbox consoles are on sale are on days that end in "day".

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

The only time Xbox consoles are on sale are on days that end in "day".

"The only time PS4 bundles are ever on sale is during the holidays."?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts
@WESTBLADE said:
@Pedro said:

Is there any link showing the Xbox in 3rd or 4th place? No sure how it can be in 4th place when there are only three consoles and if you anyone argues because of PC then PC wins every generation. LOL.

PC is excluded from console generation ''numbers'', because it's performance-wise like 2-3 generations ahead by default, when the ''new-gen'' consoles hit the market... LOL.

BTW, superior versions of Xbox "exclusives" are now also on PC thanks to MS's screw up with the Xone, win/win for PC gamers.

i think a problem here is system wars' definition of platforms doesn't match reality i.e. microsoft own 90% of pc desktop market and are one of the top 5 pc hardware manufacturers in the us, so i don't think it's a stretch to assume an exclusive to them is likely seen as a game available to their platforms (xbox and pc).but system wars views that duality as an invalidation of exclusive status.

the difference in business models and bigger picture(s) is lost amongst the simplification of xbox vs ps4 vs switch vs pc. console gaming is by far sony's biggest and most profitable division and they are heavily reliant on it, whereas ms aren't, it's more a piece of a bigger gaming puzzle for them

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Best list what Xbox is 3rd place at before handing gold,silvers and bronze medals out

Power

Games

Features

Revenue

Best looking games

Bu but sales HaH more people eat baked beans than they do steak but no one would brag about baked bean sales to a man with a T-bone steak ?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'm sure MS feel it's been a hugely disappointing generation but in the same sense they still managed to sell 40+ million consoles with huge droughts in exclusives. They have definitely made successful decisions for the gamers with gamepass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
@Macutchi said:
@WESTBLADE said:
@Pedro said:

i think a problem here is system wars' definition of platforms doesn't match reality i.e. microsoft own 90% of pc desktop market and are one of the top 5 pc hardware manufacturers in the us, so i don't think it's a stretch to assume an exclusive to them is likely seen as a game available to their platforms (xbox and pc).but system wars views that duality as an invalidation of exclusive status.

the difference in business models and bigger picture(s) is lost amongst the simplification of xbox vs ps4 vs switch vs pc. console gaming is by far sony's biggest and most profitable division and they are heavily reliant on it, whereas ms aren't, it's more a piece of a bigger gaming puzzle for them

I completly get your point, looking at current Steam hardware survey (June 2019), with it's 96.49% OS market share, Microsoft basically owns PC gaming (for the stupids who read this and don' get it, basically every PC gamer MUST have Windows).
Only thing i see wrong with MS when it comes to PC/Xbox games is the Windows Store with it's ridiculous pricing and broken downloads/DRM.
I feel like i'm writing this for 1000th time, but look at Forza Horizon 3 - that game is 3 years old, not to mention with it's much better successor already out since late 2018, and they still charge friggin' 85€ for that... WTF?
Now bring that "awesome" DRM to the mix, that literally breaks many games...

Man, i'm so glad that MCC, Gears 5 and others are now coming to Steam... More money for them, less issues (hopefully)/more comfort (that's given) for us, the end users...

BTW, why are Xbox (console) fanboys usually dissing PC gaming tho? We are basically on the same boat, only difference being that they play graphically inferior versions and are charged for online multiplayer... (TROLLOL :P)