Inside Dev sources revelation on PS5 to XSX performance difference will make SW tech experts have a meltdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#201 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

No is not man,a game that is design to freaking load fast will have problems on a system with slow loading.

Example let's say you will enter a multiplayer,and you have an SSD and I have a 5200rpm HDD,you will load your assets and be ready to go much faster than me,but you can't start alone playing,so you have to wait until I load.

This is one simple example of this.

Why you insist in arguing that something that is develop for 100 different hardwares will perform exactly as good as something done to 1 hardware?

Hell one of the biggest problems GPU had for years was abstraction,windows been easy to code for,but holding back your hardware,even DX12 weren't on the level of the PS4 programing tools for a reason.

If you find a PC hardware with the same specifications as the PS5 hardware and you show me a game made for that hardware that doesn't benefit allot then you have a point,other wise you are assuming and using data which is related to hundreds of storage devices.

Even on PS4 some games don't even benefit at all from SSd and load the same as the slow ass PS4 HDD that should tell you something.

You are changing your narrative. You stated that a game designed for SSD can't be done "...without screwing up those with mechanical drives." That is simply false. Now you talking about gamers waiting because mechanical is slower. Which was never the topic of discussion.

Also, I never stated anything about something being developed for 100 different hardware performing the same as just being developed for one. Don't mis-represent what I have stated. I have told you many times the same thing over and over. Games do not need to be build from the ground up to fully utilize hardware. That concept is dead for consoles because they are all running on the same architecture. Stop subbing to the secret sauce and hidden power nonsense.

The rest of your comment is just baseless speculation that is not worth anyone's time.

@Uruz7laevatein said:

@Pedro:

1. Depends on what kind data would be prioritized, less prioritized data can be written to vram from storage (i.e. cutscenes). Other things like game logic being fed to vram by CPU are more prioritized. It's matter of balancing.

2. PS360 came out in a time when PCs were running with 2GB of RAM which then spiked up to 8GB then 16GB. Well it's no worse than the "memory issues" on PS5 in a future worse case scenario, it's just that Sony wants to completely avoid a scenario like that ever again (which was more complained about than t3h Cell). It's always ideal to have your computing power always being the main limiter and not some other aspect that gets in the way (of hitting closer peak TFLOPs/performance).

1. You are also changing your narrative. "XSX also has less addressable memory as more is memory space is wasted on duplicate data (worse case scenario of 6.5GB out of 10GB available to graphics) ."

That is false. Time to abandon that falsehood.

2. This next gen has the absolutely smallest memory increase in console generation. Instead of being 8 times the previous gen its just 2X. That is a exceptionally clear indicator that the need for more memory just isn't there and the concern that 10GB of VRAM (faster) is going to cause problems is just unfounded. You are trying to argue that games in the future would need more than 10GB of active(GPU needs to access all 10GB to perform its tasks) memory to prevent performance degradation. That's absurd.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Pedro  Online

@tormentos said:

Just read man you are not reading.

He is saying that he is not talking about load times in the classic way,he is saying that his assets are HUGE and so are its draw distances but that hard drives can't keep up

If sony doesn't deliver fine,lets burn the village but many of you like always are downplaying this simply because it is from sony.

One, that reads like someone doesn't understand why LODs are used in games in the first place. They are not there because of data deficiency, its there to reduce load on the GPU. Do you understand that? To REDUCE load on the GPU. These folks are speaking like ignorant gamers who are oblivious to how things function in actual games. What would be of greater benefit for world detail is not faster streaming of data off the SSD but Mesh Shaders which both systems support and would be more of a game changer in the scenario above than SSDs.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

You are changing your narrative. You stated that a game designed for SSD can't be done "...without screwing up those with mechanical drives." That is simply false. Now you talking about gamers waiting because mechanical is slower. Which was never the topic of discussion.

Also, I never stated anything about something being developed for 100 different hardware performing the same as just being developed for one. Don't mis-represent what I have stated. I have told you many times the same thing over and over. Games do not need to be build from the ground up to fully utilize hardware. That concept is dead for consoles because they are all running on the same architecture. Stop subbing to the secret sauce and hidden power nonsense.

The rest of your comment is just baseless speculation that is not worth anyone's time.

NO i am not as i showed you why you can't take full advantage of ssd without screwing up other users on the process.

So one of 2 things will happen with the scenario i described.

1-Yor ssd will load slower than it should or your will have to wait for my hdd to catch up.

2-Or your hdd will magically grow wings and start out of nowhere loading over is spect speed.

Yes your argument is that you can take full advantage of something,whithout actually hurting other inferior products is not only your argument on Hdd vs ssd but also on GPU power like you have argue on the series X vs the xbox one s.

There is no secret sauce stop been a blind sony hater the PS5 ssd is more than twice as fast as the xbox series X,more tha TWICE more than 100% faster,i am not selling secret sauce i am just challenge this pathetic notion that there would be almost no difference because you say so,i am willing to eat crow if this end up been like you say no question no buts full you were right Pedro my apologies and acceptance.

I was the first one to claim bullshit on the 8k crap when sony claimed it,the series X will be stronger because it has more resources,but i think some of you are downplaying this without actual proof but old games made to work in hundreds of configurations.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Pedro  Online

@tormentos said:

NO i am not as i showed you why you can't take full advantage of ssd without screwing up other users on the process.

1-Yor ssd will load slower than it should or your will have to wait for my hdd to catch up.

2-Or your hdd will magically grow wings and start out of nowhere loading over is spect speed.

Yes your argument is that you can take full advantage of something,whithout actually hurting other inferior products is not only your argument on Hdd vs ssd but also on GPU power like you have argue on the series X vs the xbox one s.

There is no secret sauce stop been a blind sony hater the PS5 ssd is more than twice as fast as the xbox series X,more tha TWICE more than 100% faster,i am not selling secret sauce i am just challenge this pathetic notion that there would be almost no difference because you say so,i am willing to eat crow if this end up been like you say no question no buts full you were right Pedro my apologies and acceptance.

I was the first one to claim bullshit on the 8k crap when sony claimed it,the series X will be stronger because it has more resources,but i think some of you are downplaying this without actual proof but old games made to work in hundreds of configurations.

It feels like you live in a vacuum. How many complaints have been made on PC about standard hard-drive owners being screwed over by SSD users? This is like a made up issue. Any multiplayer game in which you team up with others waiting is inevitable for a few reasons, in game timer (the most prominent one to allow for all parties to check in), network speed and loading speed. So, you are making an issue out of something that has never been an issue.

Firstly, nothing I have said in this entire discourse was negatively targeted towards Sony. I never mentioned one statement negatively referring to Sony in this entire thread nor the PS5. So, keep that nonsensical Sony hating strategy for someone else. I understand my frequent calling out of Sony fannies stupidity can be easily confused but sometimes it worth taking the time to read. ;)

I refer to the benchmarks that I have provided of many games in which drives that were up to 10 times faster than the next SSD did not provided much faster loading times, not even 2X despite being 10x faster. Please feel free to provide information that counteracts this trending behavior in games' loading times.

Out side of that I have said many times that a game loading time is NOT only the rate at which data is loaded into memory but also the time it takes to process the data such as game entities, objects, AI, routines etc. You are ignoring that FACT because its not convenient. NO ONE has stated that SSDs would not help reduce and eliminate loading but the effectiveness of it will ALWAYS be dependent on the developer and the manner in which the game is designed.

Stop being offended on Sony's behalf because they are doing absolutely fantastic without your unnecessary damage control.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@tormentos: Please stop. Holy$&@# you are absolutely losing your marbles. You think this SSD is going to be a complete game changer. It’s not. Again, Sony cannot do anything that MS cannot do with the Xbox.

Yes, the SSD is double that of the Xbox Series X. But you’re still talking about a few seconds. There is no magic game or some game world that is only possible on PS5. All games will perform better on Xbox, regardless of game design. Fact. Deal with it.

FYI, XSX's BCPack decompression has "more 6GB/s" which specifically targets compressed textures data storage.

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

No is not man,a game that is design to freaking load fast will have problems on a system with slow loading.

Example let's say you will enter a multiplayer,and you have an SSD and I have a 5200rpm HDD,you will load your assets and be ready to go much faster than me,but you can't start alone playing,so you have to wait until I load.

This is one simple example of this.

Why you insist in arguing that something that is develop for 100 different hardwares will perform exactly as good as something done to 1 hardware?

1. Hell one of the biggest problems GPU had for years was abstraction,windows been easy to code for,but holding back your hardware,even DX12 weren't on the level of the PS4 programing tools for a reason.

If you find a PC hardware with the same specifications as the PS5 hardware and you show me a game made for that hardware that doesn't benefit allot then you have a point,other wise you are assuming and using data which is related to hundreds of storage devices.

2. Even on PS4 some games don't even benefit at all from SSd and load the same as the slow ass PS4 HDD that should tell you something.

1. EA DICE made its comparison before further PC Direct12 improvements which is package as "DirectX12 Ultimate" which is the new DirectX12 baseline for the PC and XSX.

PC DirectX12 is close to PS4's anyway.

2. SATA-to-USB 3.0 bridge is not optimal for a fast SATA3 SSD.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/tech-specs/

PS4 has USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports.

SATA3 has 6Gbps transfer rates.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/292522-sata-nvme-ssd-upgrade

SATA Samsung EVO 850 has 547.7 MB/s seq read.

PS4 is gimped by a weak CPU.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Delusional.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ronvalencia
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

GT6 needs 720p with MLAA to solve most of the more severe frame-rate problems. LOL

For apple to apple comparison with the same workload and artwork processing targets, Xbox 360 beats PS3 in BF3 despite PS3 using SPUs for deferred render lighting.

Unlike GT6, Forza 4 is not using PS2 elements LOL

Try again.

Go cry apple to apples elsewhere Forza Lakc day night racing and dynamic weather for a reason it would hit performance PERIOD,unless you want to argue now that dynamic weather is penalty free.

1440x1080p + weather + night racing vs 720p Forza no weather no night racing you tell me who was doing a hell of allot more.

Just read man you are not reading.

He is saying that he is not talking about load times in the classic way,he is saying that his assets are HUGE and so are its draw distances but that hard drives can't keep up

If sony doesn't deliver fine,lets burn the village but many of you like always are downplaying this simply because it is from sony.

GT6 needs 720p with MLAA to solve most of the more severe frame-rate problems. LOL

For apple to apple comparison with the same workload and artwork processing targets, Xbox 360 beats PS3 in BF3 despite PS3 using SPUs for deferred render lighting.

Unlike GT6, Forza 4 is not using PS2 elements LOL

Try again.

Again, your GT6 vs FM4 argument is not apple to apple comparison which is not like BF3 example.

It's well known wet track's alpha effects have high memory bandwidth usage and your GT6 has skipped MSAA.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Everyone who's anyone knows that I prefer Playstation as a brand over the Xbox but...specs are spec and you'd be crazy not to see that the Series X is the stronger console. That's a fact. The SSd is a lot faster...cool. But the CPU and GPU are more advanced on Microsoft's system.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Pedro  Online

I remember this meltdown.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 ronvalencia

@mclarenmaster18 said:

@ronvalencia: I also can see that GT5 and GT6's tracks previously appeared from PS2 era of Gran Turismo all appeared to be upscaled so does the standard car models too.

And framerate drops when it comes to poor weather condition or either several premium car models running on the same track. (Played on the actual PS3 console).

The developer (Polyphony Digital) pretty much pushed too much on graphics which resulted to have frame rate drop, making the game development feel nightmarish.

I haven't seen in PC benchmarking sites that compared Dirt racing game with AMD GPU against Forza game with NVIDA GPU. It's an absurd hardware performance benchmarking practice.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

SSD Trickery the new secret sauce :)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ronvalencia
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

On BCpack textures, XSX has more "than 6 GB/s", hence it's not quite 2X.

https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-series-xs-bcpack-texture-compression-technique-reportedly-better-than-the-ps5s-kraken

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: Still can't find anything for the PS5 to compete with Hellbade 2.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

We will find out when both Sony and MS give their console launch presentations later this year won't we?

All the talk and hype about what system can do what won't mean shit if the average consumer can't SEE that difference in real world games.

Good luck expecting to see that advantage using 3rd party multiplats. You guys have never been too sharp, but it's really showing now.

I showed you what Gears 5 look like on Series X vs X1X didn't I?

...that right there should be your reality check to temper your expectations with XSX but when Sony shows what real next gen games look like compared to your upscaled cross-gen xbox one games you'll be getting for the next 2 years you'll understand.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Pedro  Online

LOL. You deleted you comment to repost it. LMAO

The meltdown is real. Hellbade 2 says hello.

Loading Video...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By BoxRekt

@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: Still can't find anything for the PS5 to compete with Hellbade 2.

🤭and why do you keep mentioning Hallbalde 2?

You seem to be under the impression that this demo is a representation of XSX games, is that what you think?

😏 And you pretend like you understand tech and graphics and what not smh lol.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@tdkmillsy said:

We will find out when both Sony and MS give their console launch presentations later this year won't we?

All the talk and hype about what system can do what won't mean shit if the average consumer can't SEE that difference in real world games.

Good luck expecting to see that advantage using 3rd party multiplats. You guys have never been too sharp, but it's really showing now.

Why are you using a youtube screen grab? Also, wasn't this a port made in like 2 weeks?

Digital foundry seemed to find it impressive:

However, even basic ports which barely use any of the Series X's new features are delivering impressive results

It was an impressive showing for a game that hasn't even begun to access the next generation features of the new GPU

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: I am sorry that you have no demo to show of the PS5 sub 10 TFLOPS.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Why are you using a youtube screen grab? Also, wasn't this a port made in like 2 weeks?

However, even basic ports which barely use any of the Series X's new features are delivering impressive results

It was an impressive showing for a game that hasn't even begun to access the next generation features of the new GPU

You're mighty defensive, just accept what is shown to you.

Stop making excuses. MS thought that this was impressive enough to show you low standard MS fans and you apparently loved it.

ACCEPT what was shown and stop deflecting.

Also the image I used was from Digitial Foundry just to make a point about the "better graphics" delusional xbox fans keep expecting from 3rd parties.

You're not going above 4k in 98% of games and you're not changing the underlying graphics of last gen games. It's going to be a spit polish and a locked 60fps for all cross-gen games like Gears 5.

Since you're so defensive about all this, can you take a glance and tell which game is XSX and which is X1X? If you can't...what makes you think you'll be able to do that with 3rd party multiplats compared to PS5?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: You are so right. This PS5 games destroys Gears 5.🤭

Loading Video...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 BoxRekt
@Pedro said:

LOL. You deleted you comment to repost it. LMAO

The meltdown is real. Hellbade 2 says hello.

Loading Video...

LMFAO, I love that you keep using this. It proves how confused and clueless you are.

🤭 Any high end graphics card can push out an UE4 demo graphics like that 🤡.

What are you even hyping? MS being good with non-gameplay cinematics? Cool? lol but I digress.

2 things...

ONE

Is the Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 teaser truly a taste of next-gen power?

The raw specs of the trailer file itself are intriguing. If you look at the metadata of the video - it is mastered at just 24 frames per second and the actual resolution of the rendered frame between the cinematic black bars is 3840x1608: so a little more than 74 per cent of a 'real' 4Kin spatial resolution and at 80 per cent of 30fps. All together, that is 60 per cent of the amount of pixels pushed per second compared to 4K30

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-senuas-saga-hellblade-2-trailer-analysis

From your beloved Digital Foundry...

lol so FAKE 4k at sub 30fps is what you're hyping? THAT is what your trailer was running at...WITH NO GAMEPLAY mind you!

TWO

Don't expect first-party Xbox Series X exclusives for a couple of years

First-party Xbox Series X games won't be exclusive to the console for a while, Microsoft has said.

Speaking to MCV, Xbox Game Studios boss Matt Booty confirmed Microsoft's own titles will work across the Xbox family of devices as well as PC for the next two years.

"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices," Booty said.

"We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we're committed to them with content."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-11-dont-expect-first-party-xbox-series-x-exclusives-for-a-couple-of-years

That would apply to that Hellblade 2 demo you keep referencing lol...JUST WAIT!!!

You keep posting that pointless UE4 tech demo with no game elements like you've won a prize when even MS couldn't run what you gullible fanboys eat up as actual gameplay with playable framerates.

If that's your benchmark for XSX, then I guess you're ok with unplayable sub 30fps performance on your games as well? Silly Xbots 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: Still searching for a comparable PS5 game I see.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Stop making excuses. MS thought that this was impressive enough to show you low standard MS fans and you apparently loved it.

Also the image I used was from Digitial Foundry just to make a point about the "better graphics" delusional xbox fans keep expecting from 3rd parties.

You're not going above 4k in 98% of games and you're not changing the underlying graphics of last gen games. It's going to be a spit polish and a locked 60fps for all cross-gen games like Gears 5.

Since you're so defensive about all this, can you take a glance and tell which game is XSX and which is X1X? If you can't...what makes you think you'll be able to do that with 3rd party multiplats compared to PS5?

just pointing out that you're ragging on a quick port of Gears 5, yet digital foundry described it as impressive

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 BoxRekt

Because Pedro loves UE4 tech demos..

Loading Video...
UNREAL ENGINE 4 Rebirth: Introducing Photorealistic Graphic in near Future (2019) Interactive photorealism is now possible in real-time at 60+ FPS on mainstream hardware with a single 1080Ti, thanks to UE4 and https://quixel.com/megascans

When you realize Sony, being an movie entertainment and hardware company, could have done the same pointless non-gameplay hype demo MS did, but instead choose to show a game they are actually releasing THIS YEAR and not use smoke an mirrors of a sub 30fps movie with no gameplay like MS...

It's amazing you're riding Hellblade 2 so hard Pedro since you don't believe in exclusives and that's exactly what it will have to be in order to achieve any version of what you're hyped up for in that trailer, at least excluded to XSX and PC.

lol I thought lems made for of sony fans for being hyped up from demos of games that weren't coming out for years away...my how fast the lems have flip flop.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: Guess all you have to look forward to is the multi-platform game Godfall.

I heard if you squint it would look like 4K

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:

When you realize Sony, being an movie entertainment and hardware company, could have done the same pointless non-gameplay hype demo MS did, but instead choose to show a game they are actually releasing THIS YEAR and not use smoke an mirrors of a sub 30fps movie with no gameplay like MS...

what game did sony show?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 tormentos

@Pedro said:

I remember this meltdown.

Me to and if i am wrong i already state what ill do,but if i am right boy i hope you don't vanish like you just appear in system wars.

@BlackShirt20 said:

Delusional.

He who claim a 17% GPU gap would trasnform into a 4.2TF gap call me delusional.🤣

You really most be Blackace.

@tdkmillsy said:

This comming from YOU YOU who took a ride on the DX12 Train and on the Cloud Bus for the xbox one?

How many times you argue against me about DX12 doing something for the shitty xbox one?

You lemmings are a joke secret sauce, no the PS5 will be faster than the xbox series x not stronger,if you have any valid reason into why it would not be that the case please share it,and stop trying to claim this as secret sauce or compare it yo what YOU did for the xbox one is not even close.

Just like the series X will be stronger ths PS5 will be faster.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib: Digital Foundry did describe it as "impressive" in a technical sense, I guess it is.

But I asked you could you SEE the "graphical" difference between the 2 side by side? I'm guessing that answer is a no since you completely skipped that question.

It's not a problem...lol and I wasn't hiding what this comparison looked like with that picture since I had actually posted the video for all to see before I ever clipped that image.

Loading Video...

@ 2:36 for that Series X vs X1X clip

Here ya go. Knock yourself out finding that next gen Series X difference on cross-gen upscaled games.

Remebmer this was between 6Tflop X1X and RDNA 12Tflop Series X.

All of you heavily invested MS fans might try to find a pixel or 2 at 500x zoom thru Digital Foundry to claim superiority over PS5 but rest of the world will not bother.

Everyone else will look at the 3rd party multiplats that WILL look the same but PS5 loading instantly while Serise X take 5 to 15 seconds. Then they'll look at PS5 exclusives compared to Series X where PS5 games WILL look far superior to anything on the market and Series X may look slightly better than 3rd party multiplats.

This will be the situation for at least 2 years until MS get their act together and produce some real ground up next gen games.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:

@drlostrib: Digital Foundry did describe it as "impressive" in a technical sense, I guess it is.

But I asked you could you SEE the "graphical" difference between the 2 side by side? I'm guessing that answer is a no since you completely skipped that question.

It's not problem...lol and I wasn't hiding what this comparison looked like with that picture since I had actually posted the video for all to see before I ever clipped that image.

@ 2:36 for that Series X vs X1X clip

Here ya go. Knock yourself out finding that next gen Series X difference on cross-gen upscaled games.

Remebmer this was between 6Tflop X1X and RDNA 12Tflop Series X.

All of you heavily invested MS fans might try to find a pixel or 2 at 500x zoom thru Digital Foundry to claim superiority over PS5 but rest of the world will not bother.

Everyone else will look at the 3rd party multiplats that WILL look the same but PS5 games load instantly and then look at PS5 exclusives compared to Series X where PS5 games WILL look far superior to anything on the market and Series X may look slightly better than 3rd party multiplats.

This will be the situation for at least 2 years until MS get their act together and produce some real ground up next gen games.

You're making all these claims about how great the PS5 is, but haven't seen anything.

Here the series X is giving a very basic example of its abilities, and the results are described as impressive. And yet you feel the need to continuously downplay it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Pedro  Online

@boxrekt: Still nothing? No PS5 games to get excited about? I guess you can always replay PS4 games with no uprez and pretend its a PS5 exclusive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@tdkmillsy said:

How was he being defensive? 😂😂😂

Is everyone a "low standard MS fan" who doesn't agree with you? Digital Foundry must be as well then because God forbid they said it was "delivering impressive results"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

On BCpack textures, XSX has more "than 6 GB/s", hence it's not quite 2X.

https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-series-xs-bcpack-texture-compression-technique-reportedly-better-than-the-ps5s-kraken

I was just waiting for you to post that it got destroyed on resetera in 1 second because people don't read.

It was a bait for clicks article.

From were exactly did you pull that 6GB/s figure?

Does that shit sound familiar?

You can have 20GB/s decompresion if your transfer rate is 2.5GB/s or less you effectively have a bottleneck you can decompress textures faster than you can load them way faster.

This is getting ridiculous now MS has secret sauce decompresion to beat sony much faster SSD...

Yeah and i am the one doing damage control.😂

@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: Still searching for a comparable PS5 game I see.

No he has to wait for sony to make an equally bullshit trailer that do not represent gameplay to actually match that one.😊

@Pedro said:

@boxrekt: Guess all you have to look forward to is the multi-platform game Godfall.

Wasn't that comfirmed to be running on PC and not PS5?

Not that that the PS5 will look better,but it goes to show that power wasn't the problem.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DrLostRib

@dagubot said:

How was he being defensive? 😂😂😂

Is everyone a "low standard MS fan" who doesn't agree with you? Digital Foundry must be as well then because God forbid they said it was "delivering impressive results"

yeah, anyone who disagrees with him is an automatic "xbot"

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

what game did sony show?

Why are you jumping into this conversation? lol Why you so defensive about MS using smoke and mirrors?

Sony allowed their 3rd party partner to show off a game that will be a launch title for PS5.

Sorry not sorry if me exposing that the Hellblade 2 trailer was just a pointless 24fps demo that made you upset.

It would have been pointless if Sony did it as well. I'm glad they didn't blow smoke up everyone's ass like MS did for hyped that MS clearly only did for mindshare without a thought about practical application.

The funny thing is Godfall is the level of graphics you can expect from other 3rd party "next gen" games. That's why I clown PC and xbox fanboys for trying to lean on 3rd party devs in the first wave of "next gen" games thinking superior XSX graphics. The only true next gen games anyone will see for a while are going to be PS5 exclusives

FYI: To better answer your question about what Sony "showed"..

PSLS: With this teaser trailer for Godfall, are we looking at something pre-rendered or in-engine?

Keith Lee: This was rendered real-time in-engine. Those are playable characters, lootable weapons, and actual in-game environments.

PSLS: What unique benefits are you getting by developing Godfall on next-generation hardware? Why make it a PS5 exclusive rather than a cross-gen release with PS4?

Keith Lee: The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller’s “adaptive triggers” and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/12/12/godfall-ps5-tech-controller-world-gameplay-keith-lee-interview/

Sony showed actual in game footage of a game that actually releases on PS5 this year!

Now tell me, what *game* did MS show for XSX? Or am I supposed to reference sub 4k, 24fps UE4 demos?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

what game did sony show?

Why are you jumping into this conversation? lol Why you so defensive about MS using smoke and mirrors?

Sony allowed their 3rd party partner to show off a game that will be a launch title for PS5.

Sorry not sorry if me exposing that the Hellblade 2 trailer was just a pointless 24fps demo that made you upset.

It would have been pointless if Sony did it as well. I'm glad they didn't blow smoke up everyone's ass like MS did for hyped that MS clearly only did for mindshare without a thought about practical application.

The funny thing is Godfall is the level of graphics you can expect from other 3rd party "next gen" games. That's why I clown PC and xbox fanboys for trying to lean on 3rd party devs in the first wave of "next gen" games thinking superior XSX graphics. The only true next gen games anyone will see for a while are going to be PS5 exclusives

FYI: To better answer your question about what Sony "showed"..

PSLS: With this teaser trailer for Godfall, are we looking at something pre-rendered or in-engine?

Keith Lee: This was rendered real-time in-engine. Those are playable characters, lootable weapons, and actual in-game environments.

PSLS: What unique benefits are you getting by developing Godfall on next-generation hardware? Why make it a PS5 exclusive rather than a cross-gen release with PS4?

Keith Lee: The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller’s “adaptive triggers” and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/12/12/godfall-ps5-tech-controller-world-gameplay-keith-lee-interview/

Sony showed actual in game footage of a game that actually releases on PS5 this year!

Now tell me, what *game* did MS show for XSX? Or am I supposed to reference sub 4k, 24fps UE4 demos?

Good lord, dude

sony showed? Wasn't this game shown at the game awards and published by gearbox?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 BoxRekt

@drlostrib: Yea that's right.

You're talking about Sony 1st party? Then they didn't show anything YET!

Your point?

What you need to understand is that all Sony needs to do is properly reveal REAL games before the launch of their next gen console.

Just because MS jumped the gun and showed "something" doesn't mean what they showed was good or an honest representation of what you can expect from they system when you purchase it at the end of the year.

Your problem is you're leaning on a stupid demo of a game that doesn't exist. It's literally JUST a demo.

Being "real-time" is all you have to lean on. It's a freaking cinematic movie full stop.

I showed you what a 1080TI can do "real-time".

Loading Video...

That doesn't mean an actual game can run at that performance and fidelity (of which Hellblade 2's was unimpressive anyway with sub 4k, 24fps).

So now you hypocrites are asking Sony to create non-gameplay cinematic movies just because MS did? SMH GTFOH

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

I look forward to playing Godfall on my PC.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 BoxRekt

@dagubot said:

I look forward to playing Godfall on my PC.

Indeed it's the perfect level of game to be a 3rd party multiplat for PC players. It's not really impressive but at least it isn't being held back by 2013 console hardware.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Pedro  Online

The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world.

SSD increases the level of detail for individual objects....LMAO

Now I got the tool @boxrekt to brag about a multi-platform looter-shooter game demoed on the PC.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:

@drlostrib: Yea that's right.

You're talking about Sony 1st party? Then they didn't show anything YET!

Your point?

What you need to understand is that all Sony needs to do is properly reveal REAL games before the launch of their next gen console.

Just because MS jumped the gun and showed "something" doesn't mean what they showed was good or an honest representation of what you can expect from they system when you purchase it at the end of the year.

Your problem is you're leaning on a stupid demo of a game that doesn't exist. It's literally JUST a demo.

Being "real-time" is all you have to lean on. It's a freaking cinematic movie full stop.

I showed you what a 1080TI can do "real-time".

That doesn't mean an actual game can run at that performance and fidelity (of which Hellblade 2's was unimpressive anyway with sub 4k, 24fps).

So now you hypocrites are asking Sony to create non-gameplay cinematic movies just because MS did? SMH GTFOH

leaning on a demo...? what are you talking about?

Like what is the whole point of this rant? because you seem thoroughly confused

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 BoxRekt

@drlostrib: You jumped in my posts so maybe you're the confused one.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 DrLostRib

@boxrekt said:

jumped in your posts? lol, ok

I just asked a question, and you went on some wild accusatory rant.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Pedro  Online

@drlostrib said:

Forgive him. The lack of PS5 news and games is stressing him out.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 BoxRekt

@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

You jumped in with your superman cape on to defend MS and Pedro when I called MS out on "showing" their BS UE4 cinematic Hellbalde 2 trailer that had Pedro making a fool of himself calling it a "game".

After I provided proof it wasn't a "game" and just a cinematic UE4 demo that even amateur graphics artists can create...

THEN, you came in with your 😭"bu but what did Sony show?"

lol

I'm not confused about anything you just suck at being a fakeboy. Stop damage controlling so hard for MS and play your role as a loyal PC guy and you wont expose yourself so badly.

When Sony shows their games trust me I'll be more than willing to present anything they show that isn't just non-gameplay cinematics running at unplayable framerates.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 DrLostRib
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

You jumped in with your superman cape on to defend MS and Pedro when I called MS out on "showing" their BS UE4 cinematic Hellbalde 2 trailer that had Pedro making a fool of himself calling it a "game".

After I provided proof it wasn't a "game" and just a cinematic UE4 demo that even amateur graphics artists can create...

lol

I'm not confused about anything you just suck at being a fakeboy. Stop damage controlling so hard for MS and play your role as a loyal PC guy and you wont expose yourself so badly.

When Sony shows their games trust me I'll be more than willing to present anything they show that isn't just non-gameplay cinematics running at unplayable framerates.

or what actually happened was you said that Sony showed a game

and I asked "what game did sony show?"

...oh how terrible of me

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world.

SSD increases the level of detail for individual objects....LMAO

Now I got the tool @boxrekt to brag about a multi-platform looter-shooter game demoed on the PC.

So this basically confirm that you are shotting from the holster.

Assets are huge now you can't load them at once into memory,you load them as you go and developers have to even guess what they need to load,which mean not all objects will be display in all its detail.

In fact havent you see some times that you see an object but it looks kind of fusy and when you aproach it gets sharper and more detailed?

But i find funny that you downplay what a developer of a game is saying,is not about increasing power what he is saying in what you quote,is about loading all HD textures in the fly instead of guessing what to load and have mixed results.

Before you try to outsmart your way out of your clear stupidity tell me how many games have you develop?😉

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

It's weird to come in here and see that, 17 years later, Pedro and Tormentos are still arguing about this crap. I don't know... Doing it for the three previous generations was enough for me. At some point I just decided to play the games.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

lol

UE4 cinematic Hellbalde 2 trailer rendered in real-time still a game. Level of detail (LOD) can change dramatically. Hint: the mesh shaders hype which is a hardware acclerated level of detail control.