Inside Dev sources revelation on PS5 to XSX performance difference will make SW tech experts have a meltdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Omg, I can't wait for these systems to release so these threads will stop. This is insane. No way in hell can you make up for a 44% CU deficit with an overclock. I dont care what storage you are using.

This is getting ridiculous

On the contrary is getting more fun, cows are in a spin :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Omg, I can't wait for these systems to release so these threads will stop. This is insane. No way in hell can you make up for a 44% CU deficit with an overclock. I dont care what storage you are using.

The gap in flops is 17% man using CU delta is not really helping your case those CU on xbox are clocked way slower than the PS5 ones.

This is the new damage control 44% more CU to make the gap seen bigger..lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@boxrekt said:

More 🔥🔥🔥

@ 12:04

Loading Video...

Weird how every DEVELOPER seems to be is saying the same thing and the opposite of SW tech experts?

We will find out when the games are shown, but it's funny watching you lot have a meltdown over information that's not simply pulled from a SW fanboy rear end😆.

Remember this isn't from me, I just delivered it and it's not what you want to hear.

FYI:

Jason Schrier is the one who leaked Horizon Zero Dawn PC port before anyone in case someone wants to question his credibility.

Try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

The gap in flops is 17% man using CU delta is not really helping your case those CU on xbox are clocked way slower than the PS5 ones.

This is the new damage control 44% more4 CU to make the gap seen bigger..lol

You accuse others of damage control, and yet that 17% is MINIMUM difference lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@boxrekt said:

More 🔥🔥🔥

@ 12:04

Loading Video...

Weird how every DEVELOPER seems to be is saying the same thing and the opposite of SW tech experts?

We will find out when the games are shown, but it's funny watching you lot have a meltdown over information that's not simply pulled from a SW fanboy rear end😆.

Remember this isn't from me, I just delivered it and it's not what you want to hear.

FYI:

Jason Schrier is the one who leaked Horizon Zero Dawn PC port before anyone in case someone wants to question his credibility.

You do realise that mesh shading isn't exclusive to XSX nor AMD alone?... Why do I bring this up you ask?... Well you just shot your self in the foot, its purely a technique used and will be used with PS5 also and the more power you have the better it will run.

The XSX has a better GPU than the PS5 and according to you system warrior's is almost as powerful as a 2080 Ti... Yet in the mesh shading demo is taking more than 2x the time to render the dragon with pass through than a Ti.

Good luck next generation guys.

You people are too gullible, developers are human beings who have WILL and have in the past said what ever favours the console developer they are working with to build hype, nothing new.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Sadly for Sony they lost the spec war.

SSD is important over HDD

SSD speed over SSD speed that's 2>5 is not important even remotely.

Also MS has there own solutions to do exactly what Sony does. So i dunno what you guys are even discussing at this point. At the end of the day the GPU and CPU performance decide in those boxes what will be pushed forwards performance wise and frankly xbox series x will have the edge on this always. PC will be in a complete different realm as usual tho.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#58 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Thanks. All I am interested in is the $399 point. Come on sony you can do it, its time. Also its time to announce bloodborne 2.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

All this talk about power ......no amount of optimisation will beat brute power.

This...

Loading Video...

1.84 Tflops😘console exclusive > tops whatever you're playing on your "brute power" PC this year

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BoxRekt

@tormentos said:
@navyguy21 said:

This is the new damage control 44% more CU to make the gap seen bigger..lol

He's an xbot turned PC fakeboy to damage controls for xbox as a fake neutral...you know that type.

lol why would a PC gamer honestly rant for MS for simply adding more power when what Sony is doing when what Sony has done will be FAR more beneficial for PC gaming?

Series X having more Tflops than PS5 hardware does nothing for PC gamers. So why not just say both are going to be weaker than upcoming PC GPU Tflops?

This news is bringing all the fake PC gamers out the woodwork.

The funny thing is these guys are acting like "we" are saying this, but it's DEVELOPERS who are saying this and bots are mad because it doesn't match their silly uneducated predictions.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#61 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

@latech84 said:

I would replace CrapGamer with ColtEastwood as he(CrapGamer) has turned into a PS guy now. I agree though ColtEastwood and Dealer.

I avoid ColtEastwood like a plague. At first I was "This look informative." but it didn't take long before it the fanboy drivel kicked in.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

All this talk about power ......no amount of optimisation will beat brute power.

This...

Loading Video...

1.84 Tflops😘console exclusive > tops whatever you're playing on your "brute power" PC this year

It looks like a recent Tomb Raider game which is action with semi-rails.

I purchased Sony exclusive games such as Heavy Rain from EPIC Store (LOL) and an interactive move is not my thing.

I don't see the hype.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

Like i say more CU more bandwidth higher performance,you don't need to quote some one from DF for that.

How much more is the question.

@i_p_daily said:

You accuse others of damage control, and yet that 17% is MINIMUM difference lol.

Yeah keep waiting for the PS5 to drop to 9.2Tf you will die waiting,oh and keep the damage control.

the xbox is more powerful sorry that is not just for the gap some of you would have wanted.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You do realise that mesh shading isn't exclusive to XSX nor AMD alone?... Why do I bring this up you ask?... Well you just shot your self in the foot, its purely a technique used and will be used with PS5 also and the more power you have the better it will run.

The XSX has a better GPU than the PS5 and according to you system warrior's is almost as powerful as a 2080 Ti... Yet in the mesh shading demo is taking more than 2x the time to render the dragon with pass through than a Ti.

You people are too gullible, developers are human beings who have WILL and have in the past said what ever favours the console developer they are working with to build hype, nothing new.

Don't know if this was hurting the xbox or not,but the xbox was rendering at native 4k the 2080ti was rendering at 1440p,why was doing so at 1440p i don't know.

@Gatygun said:

Also MS has there own solutions to do exactly what Sony does. So i dunno what you guys are even discussing at this point. At the end of the day the GPU and CPU performance decide in those boxes what will be pushed forwards performance wise and frankly xbox series x will have the edge on this always. PC will be in a complete different realm as usual tho.

Yeah that is so true that is why after the xbox one X was introduce MS sales reach 100 millions,because that is what is important.

17% gap in GPU and the PS5 SSD >>>>>>>>>> the xbox SSD by more than double the speed,people will notice more a game loading much much faster on PS5 than the few pixels or frames the PS5 could be missing.

Imaging pressing a button and the OS is there in a split second,then back to the game just as fast,switching games on the fly.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos
@sakaixx said:

Thanks. All I am interested in is the $399 point. Come on sony you can do it, its time. Also its time to announce bloodborne 2.

If they manage to hit $400 the xbox will be finish without even starting.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@boxrekt said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This...

Loading Video...

Oh your 1.84 TFLOP GPU can run game at 4K?...

This is Pro footage. Try again and if it was on PC I would be running it at 4K/60... Brute force.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ronvalencia

@boxrekt said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Similar.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro

Now PC gamers are in the mix. This shit is climaxing.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

@tormentos said:
@sakaixx said:

I wonder what the price difference will be. I honestly think that unlike the start of previous generation, the xbox definetly has a good sales point now. Before they were more expensive and less powerful at the same time. They had always online and mandatory kinect.

Now they are starting from a good position. They have the more powerful console. So what is the sales point of sony? For starters they have their exclusives line up. That is their main strong point. Can they also add a more competitive price? If they do, i think this generation will be quite interesting.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:

Now PC gamers are in the mix. This shit is climaxing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

1. Like i say more CU more bandwidth higher performance,you don't need to quote some one from DF for that.

@i_p_daily said:

Yeah keep waiting for the PS5 to drop to 9.2Tf you will die waiting,oh and keep the damage control.

the xbox is more powerful sorry that is not just for the gap some of you would have wanted.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

2. Don't know if this was hurting the xbox or not,but the xbox was rendering at native 4k the 2080ti was rendering at 1440p,why was doing so at 1440p i don't know.

@Gatygun said:

Yeah that is so true that is why after the xbox one X was introduce MS sales reach 100 millions,because that is what is important.

3. 17% gap in GPU and the PS5 SSD >>>>>>>>>> the xbox SSD by more than double the speed,people will notice more a game loading much much faster on PS5 than the few pixels or frames the PS5 could be missing.

Imaging pressing a button and the OS is there in a split second,then back to the game just as fast,switching games on the fly.

1. I'm following TC's example.

2. That's Gears 5's 3D cut scenes. Gears 5's builtin benchmarks with PC Ultra settings yield RTX 2080 class. Gears 5 has X1X geometry assets like most game console ports.

3. PS5's 8 GB/s to 9 GB/s SSD against XSX's 4.8 GB/s to "more than 6 GB/s" (for textures workload) SSD is not double. SSD capability doesn't change GPU's shading and RT capability.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#71 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Im all for Sony trying to shave off as many milliseconds as possible from load times... but damn these cow meltdowns are getting sad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos: I said before the PS5 reveal that I hope the PS5 is more powerful otherwise cows will lose their shit. Since the announcement, cows have come out of hiding posting in these threads, alts have popped up damage controlling, and you have like a 1000 posts in 3 or 4 days damage controlling the SHIT out of this lol.

I don't care about power, never have, but i'm gonna have fun with shmucks like you who do.

Tell me this, when the XB1/PS4 first came out were all games using all of the under 2TF of power? if your answer is no, then what makes you think devs will tap into all that power and use it from day 1 of next gen???

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@tormentos said:
@sakaixx said:

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Try again.

Like i say more CU more bandwidth higher performance,you don't need to quote some one from DF for that.

@i_p_daily said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Don't know if this was hurting the xbox or not,but the xbox was rendering at native 4k the 2080ti was rendering at 1440p,why was doing so at 1440p i don't know.

@Gatygun said:

17% gap in GPU and the PS5 SSD >>>>>>>>>> the xbox SSD by more than double the speed,people will notice more a game loading much much faster on PS5 than the few pixels or frames the PS5 could be missing.

Spec war not sale wars

Sony lost the performance crown with there base model unless they make changes.

It's not 17% because GPU is variable and not fixed. 17% is the absolute best situation PS5 gets vs lower % which we don't know exactly because sony didn't really tell us what it's real clock actually is. So u could say 99% ( obviously not likely ) slower or 18% slower, we do know its slower.

So 17% isn't being realistic.

Sony aims for instant load speed, 2x slower then something that is already not noticeable isn't much slower is it?

See how that works,

Also microsoft has its own kraken solution going on with its own compression that works about the same as what sony offers even while there SSD is half the speed and therefore will be slower.

The thing i wanted to say is that SSD speed is heavily heavily overrated after a certain point and people on PC know this as no other. The main bottleneck was the HDD as cerny also mentioned in his presentation both got rid of it and push some high quality SSD's in there.

Switching games fast PS5 has the edge, they can fill that memory pool probably in 2 seconds, xbox will need to double or tripple that. As there last demo showcased 5 seconds i believe? makes sense that's still 2 seconds for sony.

How many times do you also switch a game?, i can switch games instantly which i often do on my PC because of ram. would even 5 seconds wait times bother me? not really. because u do it once in a hour or something. And for loading stuff in games the difference like i already mentioned won't be noticeable or barely as u won't see the 30 seconds load screens anymore, its basically 1 second vs 2 seconds when games are optimised. And frankly its not going to be much different.

However slower cpu and gpu will always be noticeable with performance issue's when those boxes will get pushed. And frankly as i own a 9900k 5,1ghz and a 1080ti heavy oc'ed both pieces of hardware i push to its limits daily with games, so next gen titles will not have much issue's with pushing those boxes straight out of the gate, the same way PS4 and xbox one got pushed straight out of the gate with new generation titles.

At the end of the day, consoles will be bought by the people that care about certain things. I personally after having tested loads of SSD's and even have a bunch of them myself, the upgrade from HDD > SSD = godly, SSD speed > higher SSD speed not so much.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#75 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

This sounds reminiscent of the “power of the cloud” argument that went on when PS4 and Xbox one were announced. Just the roles are now reversed. You guys never learn. PS4 has the lead at the start with more powerful hardware. Now XSX has the more powerful hardware this time around against the PS5. Not falling for gimmicks.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ronvalencia

@Gatygun said:

Spec war not sale wars

Sony lost the performance crown with there base model unless they make changes.

It's not 17% because GPU is variable and not fixed. 17% is the absolute best situation PS5 gets vs lower % which we don't know exactly because sony didn't really tell us what it's real clock actually is. So u could say 99% ( obviously not likely ) slower or 18% slower, we do know its slower.

So 17% isn't being realistic.

Sony aims for instant load speed, 2x slower then something that is already not noticeable isn't much slower is it?

See how that works,

Also microsoft has its own kraken solution going on with its own compression that works about the same as what sony offers even while there SSD is half the speed and therefore will be slower.

The thing i wanted to say is that SSD speed is heavily heavily overrated after a certain point and people on PC know this as no other. The main bottleneck was the HDD as cerny also mentioned in his presentation both got rid of it and push some high quality SSD's in there.

Switching games fast PS5 has the edge, they can fill that memory pool probably in 2 seconds, xbox will need to double or tripple that. As there last demo showcased 5 seconds i believe? makes sense that's still 2 seconds for sony.

How many times do you also switch a game?, i can switch games instantly which i often do on my PC because of ram. would even 5 seconds wait times bother me? not really. because u do it once in a hour or something. And for loading stuff in games the difference like i already mentioned won't be noticeable or barely as u won't see the 30 seconds load screens anymore, its basically 1 second vs 2 seconds when games are optimised. And frankly its not going to be much different.

However slower cpu and gpu will always be noticeable with performance issue's when those boxes will get pushed. And frankly as i own a 9900k 5,1ghz and a 1080ti heavy oc'ed both pieces of hardware i push to its limits daily with games, so next gen titles will not have much issue's with pushing those boxes straight out of the gate, the same way PS4 and xbox one got pushed straight out of the gate with new generation titles.

At the end of the day, consoles will be bought by the people that care about certain things. I personally after having tested loads of SSD's and even have a bunch of them myself, the upgrade from HDD > SSD = godly, SSD speed > higher SSD speed not so much.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/doom-eternal-benchmark-test-performance-analysis/4.html

DOOM Eternal has some of the next-gen console GPU hardware features enabled.

Applying XSX GPU's 12.147 TFLOPS increase over RX 5700 XT's 9.66 TFLOPS average would land on 84 fps, hence XSX landing on RTX 2080 level GPU. XSX has 560GB/s memory bandwidth to like a gaming PC e.g. CPU with 60 GB/s from 128bit DDR4-3800

----

Applying PS5's 10.28 TFLOPS increase over RX 5700 XT's 9.66 TFLOPS average would land on 76 fps which is about RTX 2070 Super level. CPU's memory bandwidth consumption is not factored in.

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is aging.

There's a chance PS5 may beat RTX 1080 Ti OC on next-generation games.

My PC GPU minimum is RTX 2070 Super.

RTX 2080 Ti just runs away with next-gen game workload example i.e. it's a monster async compute beast. RTX 3080 Ti is even higher than RTX 2080 Ti

PS5 GPU is powerful but flagship RTX cards are like green-black colored Borg Cube that will blast the Kraken (PS5).

NVIDIA made sure the 2013 era Kelper's missing Direct12 features situation will not be repeated.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@dagubot said:

How can a community be called a "master race" when a large portion of that community will be playing on inferior hardware?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#79 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sirk1264: The ps4 didn't win though because of its slight power advantage.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Lol... Fvcked up logic to defend a hardware. We are back in PS3 era. Gonna be interesting gen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Dat moooooo desperation. Good stuff. lol :P

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Lol this is not going to end well. Jason Schrier is out of his depth unfortunately. I'm sure hes got sources but lacks the chops to question the info he gets. He has kinda been on the wrong side of reporting when it come to these consoles. He reported that ms is in trouble, not ready developer are worried. Made it seem like it will be clear that ps5 is the strongest console. I mean its clear with the way things have gone who is more ready.

The clever fight for sony fans should be about gap not being that big. This ps5 is superior shit is not going to end well.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

That super fast SSD is nice and all but how salty you gonna be when it fails 3 years after you purchase it? It’s doing lots of work and picking up the slack right? You might wanna check out the life span of SSD 🤔

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@boxrekt said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This...

Loading Video...

It looks like a recent Tomb Raider game which is action with semi-rails.

I purchased Sony exclusive games such as Heavy Rain from EPIC Store (LOL) and an interactive move is not my thing.

I don't see the hype.

you really think last of us 2 is a movie game like heavy rain? Then say its like Tomb raider. like Heavy rain and tomb raider are alike. funny it might not be your thing but it will be another AAAA game from sony.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts
@xxyetixx said:

That super fast SSD is nice and all but how salty you gonna be when it fails 3 years after you purchase it? It’s doing lots of work and picking up the slack right? You might wanna check out the life span of SSD 🤔

Same as the series x then. they have a ssd card in there console as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pedro

@xxyetixx said:

These consoles would perform more reads that writes, so they should be fine.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

Come on man i know the gap will be small but the xbox series X will be stronger,i am willing to eat crow and admit that i was wrong if that were to happen no problem,but reality is the xbox is stronger don't be a blackace or Kuu2 be better.

Stronger as in 5 extra fps on some 3rd party games ? lol

Did you forget how lackluster the x1x exclusives were ?

Did you forget ms doesn't even like highly produced games anymore ?

I bet uncharted 2s production cost more than halo 5s lol

Ps will most likely continue to have the best overall games. Ms cant compete unless they put out a box early(think 360)

and their games dont have the POTENTIAL to run better unless they release a box afterwards ( og xbox and x1x )

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BoxRekt

@Livecommander said:
@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

Come on man i know the gap will be small but the xbox series X will be stronger,i am willing to eat crow and admit that i was wrong if that were to happen no problem,but reality is the xbox is stronger don't be a blackace or Kuu2 be better.

Ps will most likely continue to have the best overall games. Ms cant compete unless they put out a box early(think 360)

and their games dont have the POTENTIAL to run better unless they release a box afterwards ( og xbox and x1x )

To add on, and to debunk more of the fantasies these guys are living by.

Simpletons here claim there will be a huge "graphics" advantage for Series X over PS5...while relying on 3rd party games.

Yet here is Gears on Series X vs Xbox One X.

This is a first party game mind you and a full 6TF difference on GCN vs RDNA.

Where is the "graphics" difference?

But there is supposed to be a huge graphical difference between PS5 ans Serise X according to bots? LMFAO

Would you have guessed these systems showing these images were from 2 different generations and 6 Tflops apart? Oh and Xbox one X is also doing 60fps!

Delusional xbox fanboys think 3rd party devs are going to do MS's job for them and make amazing next gen games that go beyond PS5 capability when even MS can't make their own cross-gen games look more impressive than current gen PS4 titles.

When Sony shows off current gen TLOU2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spiderman, Uncharted 4, Ghosts of Tsushima all running on PS5 in 4k @ 60fps MS will automatically be in a "graphical" whole that they won't be able to crawl out of for the next 2 years...that's before Sony shows of PS5 launch exclusives.

The multiplats are going to look and perform exactly the same unlike silly fanboys think. Virtually all 3rd party are simply going to be making cross-gen games for the next 2 to 3 years that either system will be able to push out 4k 60fps for anyway.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@Livecommander said:
@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

Simpletons here claim there will be a huge "graphics" advantage for Series X over PS5...while relying on 3rd party games.

But there is supposed to be a huge graphical difference between PS5 ans Serise X according to bots? LMFAO

Ah, the good ol' graphics comparison from a youtube screen grab.

A SW classic

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 xxyetixx

@gifford38: true, but XSX isn’t relying on their super fast SSD to help bridge a gap

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xxyetixx

@Pedro: that’s what I assume as well but I don’t quite understand what PS5 is doing with their SSD and just how much it’s actually gonna be doing or be relied on.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@drlostrib: Also its a false comparison. As its just showcasing that the game can run at 2x the framerate.

Going from 30FPS to 60FPS does require more than 2x the GPU performance... Yet he is calling people plebs.

Funny how all these console gamers love talking about power but can't seem to grasp how it works.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro

@boxrekt said:

When Sony shows off current gen TLOU2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spiderman, Uncharted 4, Ghosts of Tsushima all running on PS5 in 4k @ 60fps MS will automatically be in a "graphical" whole that they won't be able to crawl out of for the next 2 years...that's before Sony shows of PS5 launch exclusives.

I am sorry but as of now they will be running in backward compatible mode with no res upgrades. :(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pedro

@xxyetixx said:

@Pedro: that’s what I assume as well but I don’t quite understand what PS5 is doing with their SSD and just how much it’s actually gonna be doing or be relied on.

It would be relied on in the same way the hard-drives in the current consoles. Its core function is going to remain the same. However, its faster and will PS5 games can only run off the SSD. The same limitation will exist for the Series X.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@Livecommander said:
@tormentos said:

@boxrekt:

Ah, the good ol' graphics comparison from a youtube screen grab.

A SW classic

Lol most of the true warriors are gone. Most Lems can only spin things nowadays.

I said i gotta jump in to keep things entertaining lol

My post count use to be so low :/

And you weren't a doctor lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

This...

Loading Video...

Stop...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:

Stop...

You don't like watching this trainwreck? LOL

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zero_epyon

@Pedro said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Stop...

You don't like watching this trainwreck? LOL

He's trying too hard...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Zero_epyon

@boxrekt: Gears 5 cutscenes go from dynamic 4K/30 to native 4K/60. Gameplay sticks to Native 4K 60 with no drops. That's on top of ultra settings plus increased shadow quality not included on the PC version. Loading times are cut in half without the use of the new IO apis. That was all done in under two weeks.