inFAMOUS: SS Hype Thread | (GS 8.0 Hype Met) 56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1701 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Just as I figured

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1702 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The game looks amazing, i am sure to buy it when i have the money

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1703  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Man lems are looking really desperate trying to bash this game even though it met the hype. Sad creatures. Bored of Titanfall already? I guess jealousy like this is unavoidable when you've got mediocre games like Dead Rising 3 and Flopza to keep you entertained outside of Titanfall.

I'm off to the store to pick up my copy. I'm gonna enjoy playing the best looking next gen game out there with its fun gameplay and whatnot while lems cry in this thread lol.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1704 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

So how is it cows brag how untouchable their devs are all the time and then they only hype their games AA and call it a success if hype is met. Most farmers cut their cows balls off and it seems like they all wound up here.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1705 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Played about an hour. Visually the game is really really damn good. Very impressed

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1706  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@ominous_titan said:

So how is it cows brag how untouchable their devs are all the time and then they only hype their games AA and call it a success if hype is met. Most farmers cut their cows balls off and it seems like they all wound up here.

Naughty Gods and MM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything M$ has. Let's not fool ourselves here.

When you have god tier devs like them you can't help but to praise them. Sucker Punch is just one of the many studios Sony has and a AA is all that is needed from them to keep a steady stream of solid games inbetween godly releases from our god tier devs.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1707 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Anyone played the game? Is it any good.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: Ohh my, i've been goin at DSII hard. Excited to play something with a smidge more leniency. also **** belfry luna.

Yeah I've put about 30 hours into DSII over 3 days which is a LOT for me these days. Almost have it complete too

Ah crap now you've gone and done it. Now he's gonna shower you with a ton of posts telling you how unhealthy that is and acting like he's your mother lmao

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1709  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I'm a multiple system owner and supporter, never found any of naughty dogs games to be that great. Tlou game play honestly I find boring and really uninspiring and doubt I'll ever complete it. It's like a metal gear solid with a post apocalyptic skin and post apocalyptic game play.

Edit: I played ds2 (on ps3godbox)for 14 hours yesterday smoked a pack of cigarettes and drank about 14 cups of coffee. How's that for healthy living ha

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1710 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

Almost 4x the views and 3x the posts in this hype thread as opposed to the Titanfall hype thread. This game is shaking things up a bit. I'd be picking it up in a couple hours if I could find a midnight launch, so I'll get it tomorrow afternoon after work. Let the collectathon begin!

Uh no. That is the 3rd hype thread for Titanfall now. One of them had well over 2K posts alone.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#1712  Edited By glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

You're all jackasses. Each and every one of you.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1713  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

It gives me an option to "download" when I have the disc in the drive but every time I select it it gives an error?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1714 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Even with all the screenshots, it still amazes me how good it looks in motion. The lack of splashing when I walk through a puddle is a bit disappointing, but that's just me nitpicking.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1715 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Go away lemmings. No one wants you here or anyway.

Climbing to the Space Needle was great. It's great how they've nailed the atmosphere in game, there's a very oppressive vibe throughout.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1716  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin: Ohh my, i've been goin at DSII hard. Excited to play something with a smidge more leniency. also **** belfry luna.

Yeah I've put about 30 hours into DSII over 3 days which is a LOT for me these days. Almost have it complete too

Ah crap now you've gone and done it. Now he's gonna shower you with a ton of posts telling you how unhealthy that is and acting like he's your mother lmao

His gaming is a lot more productive than yours. I'm sure you didn't generate any income playing titan fall for 76 hours....

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1717 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

His gaming is a lot more productive than yours. I'm sure you didn't generate any income playing titan fall for 76 hours....

Oh so that makes his 30 hours in 3 days healthier? lol you're full of shit. Dem double standards

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1718 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

To those complaining about traversal, you are doing it wrong. Should never have to physically climb anything. Unless its a hard to reach blast shard

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1719  Edited By Animal-Mother

@Rage010101 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Oh so that makes his 30 hours in 3 days healthier? lol you're full of shit. Dem double standards

It's not a double standard when you're making money ( you're making a living), sitting and making money and sitting and wasting time are two different things. Sorry bro. Also look at the context of his post.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1720  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

How are yall enjoying the game? I am a little envious its yalls first time playing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1721 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@clyde46 said:

It gives me an option to "download" when I have the disc in the drive but every time I select it it gives an error?

Same thing with MGS:GZ for me. Clicking "start" works on the main PS4 menu but clicking overview on it brings me to a download option. Weird

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's not a double standard when you're making money ( you're making a living), sitting and making money and sitting and wasting time are two different things. Sorry bro.

Now now let's not get into this. Let's keep it about Infamous

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1722 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's not a double standard when you're making money ( you're making a living), sitting and making money and sitting and wasting time are two different things. Sorry bro. Also look at the context of his post.

...aren't all video games just sitting and wasting time?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1723 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Just wondering how come games on a Playstation system are only hyped AA while games on other systems are hyped higher now-a-days? Has the standards of quality for Playstation games sunk in recent years or something? Or the confidence of their fans sunk? Maybe both? Anyway Infamous hype before and meeting the AA hype isn't enough to hype me to get a PS4 yet. I'm still waiting for that huge AAA system seller type of PS4 game or just more good games on the PS4. But looking at upcoming release dates this year, nothing has caught my attention yet. Maybe next year.

You never hype high on GS, they love their 8 scores, plus they have a tendency to score lower than the avg.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1724  Edited By rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Infamous second son deserves way better scores loving everything from the graphics and gameplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1725  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@rell84 said:

Infamous second son deserves way better scores loving everything from the graphics and gameplay

A metacritic score of 80 isn't considered good scores?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1726  Edited By Animal-Mother

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Rage010101 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Shhhhhh, (not always, IE look at cactus team.) let me do my work

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1727 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@lostrib said:

Considering how vague and broad videogames can be I'd say no

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1728 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@brucebenzing said:

@2mrw said:

More game play impressions and less fan boy talk.

You came here not expecting fanboy hyperbole?

Considering the game met its hype, I am very surprised by all the crap around here.

I want game impressions, is it fun or not?

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1729  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

It's awesome. If you like infamous it's really more of the same with better graphics and style but still pretty awesome? Fun addictive gameplay. Not setting the world on fire though as far as anything revolutionary. Review scores don't mean much to me because if you like infamous as a game it's about as good as i'd expect anyways. Infamous has always been a step below some of the AAA titles but some people are going to like it more and for what it is which is just fun. It's like saying frogger isn't an AAA game because it's gameplay is simplistic or something.

I like it better than Titanfall personally. I'm not big on first person shooters unless they are something really extraordinary. For what it is Infamous is just as good. Just a different kind of game.

Fun=check

Graphics=Check

Sound=check

It isn't the deepest game in the world b ut has replay value with different playthroughs and powers you can get. Good platformng, controls, powers etc....... It's the best game of the new console generation so far imo.

Is it lightyears ahead of some of last gen's best like GTA 5, Skyrim, Mass Effect, The Last of Us, Dark Souls etc... Probably not. Some of those games have more things to do, deeper story lines, challenging and good graphics too and the leap isn't mindblowing or anything but the game runs smooth and looks great and plays great. Infamous is always fun to play and a good time killer imo. It's not going to kill you like Dark Souls. It just flows well and is fun to play.

Because it's infamous does that mean it's any less of a game then some of these others? I don't think so. if you like infamous and it's your kind of game it's about as good as anything. I don't think there is anything overly wrong with it. It's a well executed infamous game for new consoles.

Delson is different than Cole. Cole was more hardedged. Delsin is more like a cross between Peter Parker, Nathan Drake and a cyberpunk firestarter kid. He's fine....... Kind of a dweeb but whatever.

Seattle and the environment is very cool and atmospheric. Best in series so far. I think the graphics and environment are a big jump from last gen and worth the price of admission alone.

Everything flows together so well. It is smooth and looks great. PLays great.

If you own a next gen console I don't see why you wouldn't buy this? It's really the first game that is taking advantage of the new hardware.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1730  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

I unlocked the new 'secretive powers' honestly I thought they'd be a lot different, but regardless there still hnnnnnnnnggg

Honestly the controls feel so tightt and flinging from rooftop to rooftops is just so freaking fluid, damn good game mechanics.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1731  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@tyloss said:

Apparently Infamous preorders (1 million+) alone outsold what TitanFall has in its first week (700k+).

Damn

And this is where I reiterate what I said earlier in the thread. inFamous wins where it matters. More people will enjoy it. More people will talk about it. AA on PS4 means system seller. AAA on XBone equals a publisher rushing to the negotiating table to secure rights to make sure the sequel is on PS4.

Obligatory #Dealwithit Lems (not you, Tyloss)

So since sales are where it matters Wii Sports is one of the best games of all time, and Wii won last gen? All I'm saying is that you have to pick a side and stick with it. Changing your evidence to conveniently fit your argument is bs.

Great game for cows. Titanfall is a great game for lemmings. Gamers win...

It all matters. Also, Titanfall was a great game for herms. It was a technically plagued game for the Lems. Get the facts straight.

Hmmm...I own it on Xbox One. Doesn't seem technically plagued to me. Perhaps you are talking out of your ass because you don't own it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1732 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Hmmm...I own it on Xbox One. Doesn't seem technically plagued to me. Perhaps you are talking out of your ass because you don't own it.

I don't have to own an XBone to know you are playing the game barely above 720p, have muddier textures and playing an online-only fps sub 60fps. I also know you have occasional freezes or hiccups, mainly when the titan is dropped. Turns out, I have a friend with an XBone and I have Titanfall on PC.

Difference is night and day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1734 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahaha, lems still crying expecting a 70 metacritic when Seattle's Finest stood toe to toe with "the most anticipated game of the year." Delicious.

Just copped. Movement is fast and fluid. Game is beautiful - shadowing is really impressive and those "radically different" screenshots were totally unrepresentative as I already knew. Main character is a lot more likable than the shitposters suggested too.

Sup tryhard? oh so close to a 79 lol

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1735 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

I don't have to own an XBone to know you are playing the game barely above 720p, have muddier textures and playing an online-only fps sub 60fps. I also know you have occasional freezes or hiccups, mainly when the titan is dropped. Turns out, I have a friend with an XBone and I have Titanfall on PC.

Difference is night and day.

Lol, ok man. They why have so few game reviewers docked the One's core for all the issues you claim are so big and detrimental? *puts on tinfoil hat for expected conspiracy theory)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1737  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@underdog123x said:

I'm already half way through the game, objectively speaking it looks nice but the game is extremely repetitive, thank god I got it off Gamefly because if I paid $60 for a 10 hour game with limited replay value I would of tossed my PS4 out the window.

Now I'll just wait for the idiot Sony fanboys to say that I don't have the game or have a PS4, because god forbid someone doesn't suck off every Sony exclusive, I already got enough flak from idiots when I said TLOU was overrated.

You pretty much confirm my thoughts on the game, based on the previous two titles.

There is just not much gameplay in these kind of games... or variety, and incredibly unimaginative sub-genre. action-sandbox.

I think I will wait before buying a PS4, there just seems to be nothing worth having that I can't get on PC.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1739  Edited By shawn30

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

@tormentos

So a SP only 12 hour game with no replay value is worth 60 dollars but a MP only game that people will sink 500+ hours into isn't? Even the best and longest SP games like skyrim only give out 100-200 hours of gametime, while a MP title like halo, CoD, or titanfall easily give people well over 500 hours. In the end, people will spend way less per hour of use on titanfall then they will any SP game. For me between the alpha, beta, and full release I'm way over 60 hours which is enough to beat infamous 5 times over. How is that not worth it? Even if i loved infamous no way in hell would i play it 5 times through. Hell i loved ryse, but only played the SP twice through for a total of about 20 hours, but it did manage well over 50 hours in the co-op and am sitting at a level 300 something. MP games to me and most people are worth more then SP games due to the amount of hours you get out of them

Multiplayer can be play for longer hours but is more repetitive than single player will ever be,never the less Titanfall isn't competing directly with Infamous both are completely different games,it competes with games like Killzone,COD and BF4 which do have single player,in COD case the kind of content COD has vs Titanfall is not even close we are talking here earth to moon difference,online Titanfall doesn't has has the content COD has,offline it has nothing.

It hurts my brain to respond to your post, but I have to cause you make zero sense. Multiplayer is something new every time you play it, and if its good multiplayer you keep playing it over and over with friends and people you don't know. A great multiplayer game will always be of a greater value than a single player only game. Now mind you, some people don't give a crap about multiplayer. But those that do will play multiplayer tons more over a long period of time.

Second, for your Cow-Mentality, here are some facts: Metacritic scores:

Killzone Shadowfall - 73

Call of Duty: Ghosts - 78

Battlefield: 86 (but its mostly broken, lol)

Titanfall: 86

Having single-player doesn't mean its good. Having more modes doesn't mean they are good. The overall package is all that matters and score wise on MC, which Cows love, Titanfall is a titan over everything and equal too BF 4. More isn't always better. Food for thought.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1740  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

Considering how vague and broad videogames can be I'd say no

Well I mean if we boil them down to just sitting there not earning any money, then they would be a waste of time.

But time I enjoyed wasting, isn't really wasted

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1741 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

AND my LE has arrived!! my very first official PlayStation 4 game!!

i'll just stare at the boxart untill i get a PS4... lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1742 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Lol, ok man. They why have so few game reviewers docked the One's core for all the issues you claim are so big and detrimental? *puts on tinfoil hat for expected conspiracy theory)

Ask a reviewer.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1743 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Spoilers about a fight in the game

How do you not get a trophy for beating the "enormous D.U.P. agent" with just smoke powers? You'd think it'd make sense since it is a boss fight and Augustine kept trying to goad the player into using neon to win.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1744 shawn30
@Shewgenja said:

@shawn30 said:

Ask a reviewer.

Good ole Benny Hill. But seriously, no need to ask them. 4 out of 60 gave TF the exact same score as the PC version. Says all anyone needs to know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1745 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@finalstar2007 said:

I still don't know why you're willing to spend money on an LE without actually buying the system

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1746 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

I still don't know why you're willing to spend money on an LE without actually buying the system

You have no idea how many times i've heard that question in the past week but sadly im a sucker for anything infamous or Sucker Punch related.. had to get the LE for the stuff it came with it ( especially the hat ).

this is the first time i ever bought a game without owning the console >_>

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1747 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Even with all the screenshots, it still amazes me how good it looks in motion. The lack of splashing when I walk through a puddle is a bit disappointing, but that's just me nitpicking.

So immature Xaero :3

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1748 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I just realized that the newest Infamous was also Mcshea'd, so that makes AA an amazing score.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1749 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Im really bummed how much this is like Infamous 2. It even has the same dumb side activities like killing musicians and protesters from Infamous 2. Gameplay looks mostly the same as well. At least it looks really good.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1750 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Graphics are of course insane but the water splash effects underwhelm, but only in comparison to the rest of the game.

Pure eye candy.